PDA

View Full Version : 4 days at USO/IOA ... touring plan?

avic77
01-21-2009, 06:44 PM
We will have 4 days ( Monday through Thursday) at Universal and Islands of Adventure. Is there any special "touring plans" like with Disney?
Does USO/IOA have fireworks or parades? Are there any free things we could do to fill in our evenings since the parks close at 6 or 7?

d4est
01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
At Uni, you don't really need a touring plan. If you're not staying on site, just get there at rope drop and hit the rides as crowds will grow as the day progresses. If you are staying on site, you won't have a care in the world and most definitely won't need any kind of plan!

It also depends on the time of year you will be there. Spring break tends to be more crowded.

kirbsam
01-21-2009, 09:01 PM
if i had 4 days, i would hit ioa two days at rope drop, and go right one day and left the next day. at us, one day go straight thru to mummy, hitting jimmy neutron, shrek, twister t2. the next day go to simpsons, mib and anything else you want to see.

Metro West
01-22-2009, 06:29 AM
At Uni, you don't really need a touring plan. If you're not staying on site, just get there at rope drop and hit the rides as crowds will grow as the day progresses. If you are staying on site, you won't have a care in the world and most definitely won't need any kind of plan!

It also depends on the time of year you will be there. Spring break tends to be more crowded. :thumbsup2

ky07
01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Agree with d4est and that you just take your time if you staying onsite and not be in a big rush cause with fotl you will be able to do everything you want multiple times and you will love how much more at ease you will be by not having to make a mad dash everyday just to get it all in :thumbsup2

macraven
01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
i don't know when you are going but since you stated the parks close at 6 or 7, i assume it will be doing low season.

do the parks in the morning.
have a leisurely lunch at mythos one day, lombards and finnegans the other 2 afternoons.

enjoy the rest of the park until near closing time.

hang out at the hotel for the pool and activities for a couple of hours then take in a movie or dinner at city walk in the later evening.

i like to do one park in the morning, then after lunch, switch to the other park.
i reverse that the next day i am at the parks then.
i find crowds do not enter the parks until about 11ish each day.