PDA

View Full Version : Excursion Questions

Magic4UsZ's
01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
When you book an excursion do you pay then or when you are on the boat?

and is there anywhere you can do some seashell hunting when you are on the 3 night cruise?

DD just loves collecting seashells since we stayed on the coast last year and wants to bring a few home from our cruise.:beach:

disneyfaninaz
01-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Excursions are not charged until you board.

and is there anywhere you can do some seashell hunting when you are on the 3 night cruise?

DD just loves collecting seashells since we stayed on the coast last year and wants to bring a few home from our cruise.:beach:

There are regulations and laws prohibiting the bringing of sea shells and a like back into the United States from foriegn countries. I don't think collecting sea shells and bringing them home is allowed. As the saying goes, take only memories, leave only footprints.

:)

Magic4UsZ's
01-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks for your reply.

It stands to reason that you cant bring back just anything.

Does anyone know what the regulations are?

Can we at least buy some at a shop at Nassau or CC or even on the ship?

Mickeyhugger
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM

I checked a few of the Gov. web sites and NONE had any thing about dead seashells only thing I found pertained to living mollusks etc. which is a no no:scared: I have brought seashells back into the USA from other countries never had a problem ( custom even remarked how nice they were)

Rob

disneyfaninaz
01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's the USDA site.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/

Magic4UsZ's
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey thanks for the replies!! DD will be excited and I relieved that we would not be breaking any laws if a few seashells come home with us.

Does anyone recommend where to search for some while we are at Nassau or CC?