PDA

View Full Version : More Questions

avic77
01-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Ok the family voted and we are going to USO/IOA iin April :cool1: !
I found a Condo with 2 rooms and a full Kitchen that offers shuttles to the parks :thumbsup2
Now Im trying to figure out food and Tickets.
First off
Should I buy my tickets now or wait... we want the 7 day passes since we will spend 4 to 5 days in the parks. We cant afford to get seaworld or Disney tickets. Universal is it for us this trip.
2nd Question: Should I buy from Undercover tourist or Universal's website. Undercover tourist it a little cheaper and mails for free. Anyone use them?
3rd Question: Should we get the meal deal or just buy 3 meals and share since the little ones do not eat much? Last year we had the Meal plan with Disney and actually ended up just getting 3 meals and sharing. My teen was the only one that ate all her food. My husband myself and the little ones just shared. The last day we had 6 meals left over!
4th Question is the City Walk entree for 6 bucks worth it? I thought about getting that for a night or two.

avic77
01-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Another question: We will be in the parks Monday - Thursday April 27th- April 30th. Is there a best park for certain days? Last year we used the Tour Guide Mike thing for Disney but i dont recall if it had tips for USO/IOA.

Metro West
01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Ok the family voted and we are going to USO/IOA iin April :cool1: !
I found a Condo with 2 rooms and a full Kitchen that offers shuttles to the parks :thumbsup2
Now Im trying to figure out food and Tickets.
First off
Should I buy my tickets now or wait... we want the 7 day passes since we will spend 4 to 5 days in the parks. We cant afford to get seaworld or Disney tickets. Universal is it for us this trip.
2nd Question: Should I buy from Undercover tourist or Universal's website. Undercover tourist it a little cheaper and mails for free. Anyone use them?
3rd Question: Should we get the meal deal or just buy 3 meals and share since the little ones do not eat much? Last year we had the Meal plan with Disney and actually ended up just getting 3 meals and sharing. My teen was the only one that ate all her food. My husband myself and the little ones just shared. The last day we had 6 meals left over!
4th Question is the City Walk entree for 6 bucks worth it? I thought about getting that for a night or two. I think you should go ahead and get the tickets now before the special ends. No one knows when they will pull that off the website. I wouldn't do the meal deal since you can not share meals. I would just buy them from Universal's website. You can choose the electronic pickup option so you can get the tickets there instead of hauling them down with you. I haven't heard about a $6.00 entree from CityWalk.
Another question: We will be in the parks Monday - Thursday April 27th- April 30th. Is there a best park for certain days? Last year we used the Tour Guide Mike thing for Disney but i dont recall if it had tips for USO/IOA.Any day during the week is as good as the next. You don't have to run around at Universal like you do a Disney. You can relax and go at your own pace.

GuestServicesMonkey
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
The $6 entree at citywalk is an add-on to the meal deal. It lets you dine at select restaurants in citiwalk from a select menu. It is still a good deal as it is a sit-down meal but you may not take full advantage then of the in-park portion of the meal deal if you are 'leaving room' for dinner. Again it comes down to how much your family actually eats and since you seem like 'lite' eaters, it just may not be worth it.

Since you are going to have a full kitchen, I'd say avoid the meal deal and cook at home if you are looking to save money. You can bring some snacks/fresh fruit to the park to the park to nibble. You could also consider getting one meal deal for your teen and then just buying alacarte for the rest of the family.

Metro West
01-22-2009, 05:32 AM
The $6 entree at citywalk is an add-on to the meal deal. It lets you dine at select restaurants in citiwalk from a select menu. It is still a good deal as it is a sit-down meal but you may not take full advantage then of the in-park portion of the meal deal if you are 'leaving room' for dinner. Again it comes down to how much your family actually eats and since you seem like 'lite' eaters, it just may not be worth it.

Since you are going to have a full kitchen, I'd say avoid the meal deal and cook at home if you are looking to save money. You can bring some snacks/fresh fruit to the park to the park to nibble. You could also consider getting one meal deal for your teen and then just buying alacarte for the rest of the family.Ah...I don't get the meal deal so no wonder I hadn't heard of it. :upsidedow

macraven
01-22-2009, 09:08 AM
even with the special link on all ears web site - to the UT website, the Universal park tickets are not cheaper with that company.

buy them from the UO site.
as Metro stated, pick the tickets up at the kiosk at universal.
much easier.

avic77
01-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Umm actually UT had the tickets (3 adults 2 kids) for $497.75 Total with the special newsletter link. While Universal after tax and such was $516.60. Thats $18.85 savings. Not much but when on a budget it adds up.

macraven
01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
now that is odd.
i checked UT and saw a different number.

i didn't think that UT listed the full price with taxes included.

well, learn something everyday. :goodvibes

avic77
01-22-2009, 05:51 PM
now that is odd.
i checked UT and saw a different number.

i didn't think that UT listed the full price with taxes included.

well, learn something everyday. :goodvibes

I Used the newsletter link which offers and additional discount. That was my grand total and what was applied to my credit card :)

donaldduck352
01-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Another question: We will be in the parks Monday - Thursday April 27th- April 30th. Is there a best park for certain days? Last year we used the Tour Guide Mike thing for Disney but i dont recall if it had tips for USO/IOA.

There is another guide dedicated to Universal and Seaworld..
Its very well written and in-depth..http://theotherorlando.com/index.html

Between this and the boards ,you will be covered!!:thumbsup2