PDA

View Full Version : Best car rental shuttle to port?

Mic
01-21-2009, 01:13 PM
We need to rent a car from Sanford airport to the port, and do the same one-way rental in reverse to get back to the airport after our cruise. We used Avis last year, and thought the shuttle drop-off at the port was good. We really liked where the shuttle drops you...right at the sidewalk! Anyway, after pricing one-way rentals, Budget is coming in $20 less for the 2 nights, but I will only book them if the shuttle to the port from their office in Port Canaveral is as good as Avis. Avis is right down the street from the port; is Budget just as close? I know they are "sister" companies, so are they located near each other? Any help would be appreciated!

dznymania
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
We used Dollar last week and had no problems

disneyfaninaz
01-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I haven't used Budget yet (have a car reserved in March), but from what I understand they are very close and drop off the same place Avis does.

kcashner
01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
As far as I can tell, all the rental car vans drop you off at the same place. We have been very happy with Budget. The van was there to pick us up when we got off the ship. Service was quick and easy.

UK-Simon
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I've used budget both ways on two separate occasions, and have found them very quick and reliable. 2 yrs ago they had a smaller mini-van which was a little small for the amount of passengers coming off the ships, but in Nov they had a full on mini bus that held lots or passengers. I normally drop my wife and luggage at the port, so she can check in and get out boarding number while I take the car back, that way it's just me and my carry on bag in the shuttle. Just be warned if you do this, you will need photo ID to get back in the port. She takes my passport for check in, and I keep my DL.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup2

crsfulk
01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
We used Budget last month and they will get my business agin next time. Thier prices were lower than everyone else at the airport, had nice cars for both ends of the trip and were extremely friendly. The shuttle bus was big and the drivers friendly!

This praise is coming from an avid AVIS user!!

Also as an FYI...

When traveling to and from Sanford, you can go to the highway on the north side of the airport (can't remember the number, but I think it is 43?) and it will take you straight over to the interstate that comes down the west side of the intercostal to avoid the construction and tolls in Orlando. Check your map, I was following my parents who live down there and know some shortcuts, so I did not pay attention to numbers.

Mic
01-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the information...I think I will cancel Avis and go with Budget. Thank you crsfulk for the tip on driving to the port from Sanford. We will actually be spending 2 days before the cruise in Orlando, and another 3 days after the cruise. My oldest daughter will be working for Disney through the college program, and it's her first time away from home. She might need to see me...or not:sad1: I'll need to see her, and DH agreed to tag a long!