PDA

View Full Version : A question about purses

pgsahm2
01-21-2009, 09:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Do you take a handbag or purse with you when you go to the dining rooms? I'm a purse girl princess: and I am wondering if I should pack a purse (or two or three or...) to go with my outfit for the dinners. What do you do?

kcashner
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I really don't like to be carrying things around, so tend to have KTTW in my lanyard. I do have a great "Pirates" purse that I use on that night (not worth the space it takes in my luggage, but.....

When dressed up, I LOVE things with pockets so I can tuck the KTTW into that. THere's really nothing else you need to carry on the ship.

If you like fun purses that go with your outfits, by all means, go with it. However, it is one more thing to keep track of.

jilljill
01-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I use a tiny purse, on a long chain, that I keep my KTTW card, lip balm, and camera in all the time. You will see some that carry larger purses, but it's not needed. Do what you want to accessorize.

jbuckent
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I was just thinking about that this morning. I usually carried a small purse to dinner to hold basically my KTTW card, a lipstick, and a camera. I have a new camera now and it won't fit in my little purse and I also will be traveling with a child in diapers who also needs little toys to keep her busy so I will need something larger this time. Around the boat and on the islands I usually carry a backpack because there are other extra's you need like suntan lotion and a bottle of water. So I have a bag with me at all times. I'm on the look out for the perfect bag that I can hopefully use around the boat and at dinner.

nikkistevej
01-21-2009, 10:10 AM
I try to coordinate my purses with my outfits- I do carry one to dinner every night. I usually carry my camera, KTTW card, and lipstick. By the end of the night, I usually have my DD6's purse in there too. LOL I would definately take "some" purses if I were you.:thumbsup2

eva
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I usually bring a couple smaller purses. The purse has to be big enough to hold lip gloss/lipstick, sunglasses, a small hand cream, KTTW card, Kleenex, and some mints or gum.

Lollipop's Mom
01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I saw some people did, and others (like me) just kept their lanyard on. But, that being said, I missed my purse for just having things like my lipgloss and some kleenex and ended up using my camera bag each night - looked like I was just bringing my camera, but it was camera/purse. LOL.

aznaphrodite
01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I think DH would kill me if I brought a purse for every dinner on a 7-night cruise. The dress is cruise casual except for formal night so I would just choose one purse that pretty much goes with everything.

eva
01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I think DH would kill me if I brought a purse for every dinner on a 7-night cruise. The dress is cruise casual except for formal night so I would just choose one purse that pretty much goes with everything.

I sure don't bring one for each night. I brought two black ones, one formal and one more casual. When we head to Diversions for a beer and some foosball, I still want my lip-gloss and hand cream. My hands get really dry with all that hand washing and disinfecting wipes they pass out. And the sun can do numbers on my lips, if I donít keep a gloss with SPF on them. So I wear a small purse most everywhere on the ship. When we go to the pool I just shove my purse in my beach bag and add a book and some sunscreen.

cats mom
01-21-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a real weakness for Coach wristlets and have quite the collection of them. I find they're small enough that I can bring one for every dinner outfit if I want to, but they're still plenty big enough to carry what I need for the evening.
Other than that I generally bring along one sling bag and one beach type bag for port days. The rest of the cruise I go purseless.

chrissyt27
01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I always have my camera bag, it's more of a purse like bag, it has camera, pen, lip gloss, lotion and my lanyard. DH wears his, but mine is in the bag, it's black and it's easier just to have it.

nvcruiser
01-21-2009, 02:03 PM
My camera bag became my purse- that way I always had my camera as well as my chapstick, KTTW card, money, etc. ;)

CustardTart
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I always bring a two or three beaded clutch purses - just big enough for camera, lipgloss, eyedrops (I have crazily reactive eyes) and KTTW card. They're not big, so easy to pack and I like to have a choice... :goodvibes

LisaBi
01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I take one small purse to carry around all the time - lip balm, camera, KTTW card, cigarettes (I know:guilty: ), navigator.