PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Surcharge for Feb. sailing?

Mulan2
01-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi
Does anyone know if the fuel surcharges have been lifted for the February sailings? We are booked on the Feb. 5th Wonder and when I called the Costco TA tonight, they said that Disney still haven't told them anything!
It is just about 2 weeks away and I would like to know if anyone else sailing aroung this time got their surcharge back as OBC? :bitelip:

hawky7
01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi there

We are sailing on Jan 29-Feb 1 and are rcving one, so I'd assume you guys would be too. Maybe you could call DCL? I'm not sure though if you booked through a TA. But really, if we're sailiing 4 days before, you've got to be getting one.

Trena
01-21-2009, 06:51 AM
I'll be on the Feb 5th cruise with you. My travel agent let me know that we did get the fuel charge removed. She took care of the details for me.

Mulan2
01-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Hmm... that's great that you guys got the fuel surchage removed.
Wonder why my TA hasn't gotten an answer by now. I may have to call DCL myself and inquire.
Have a fun cruise! We are so looking forward to it!

winotracy
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Hmm... that's great that you guys got the fuel surchage removed.
Wonder why my TA hasn't gotten an answer by now. I may have to call DCL myself and inquire.
Have a fun cruise! We are so looking forward to it!

All cruises for January to March 2009 will not have a fuel surcharge and will instead receive an onboard credit if one was previously paid. You don't need to call, it will just show up as a credit on your onboard account.

Mulan2
01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I called the Costco TA again and finally got an answer that the surcharge will be back as OBC. If I had booked directly thru DCL, I wouldn't have called but using a TA sometimes require that you stay on their back to get what you deserve. I just don't understand why it took them so long to find out.

hawky7
01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah very strange for how long it took them. But hooray for an OBC!! More money for shopping, or drinking, or spa...whatever works cause its like free money!