PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter - Nassau - thoughts?

vatchr
01-20-2009, 06:14 PM
We are cruising in April and are considering the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on our Nassau day. Has anyone recently done this excursion? What are your thoughts? Are there any secrets/things to avoid?

Thanks in advance!!

NJFabFour
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
We went in August and booked the Dolphin Swim directly through Dolphin Encounters. (Disney only offers the Encounter through their excursions.) It was the highlight of our trip and we all loved every second of it!! My kids are 10 (twins) and had the time of their lives. I never did the Encounter but, in my opinion, it was so well worth the extra money for the swim. We were fully immersed in the water with the dolphins, up close and personal with both of them, for about an hour. We got to hold their fins and dance with them, have them imitate our actions, hug and kiss them, feed them, and the amazing "foot push" at the end was a rush like no other as the dolphins push you all the way across the lagoon from the balls of your feet. I don't think there was a moment that we weren't laughing and grinning ear to ear! I took a waterproof camera which captured a lot of great moments. Whether you choose the Swim or just the Encounter, I can't imagine that you would regret it or be disappointed in the least! Opportunity of a lifetime!! :goodvibes