PDA

View Full Version : Finding bags at Dembarkation

Vegaslover
01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
We will be flying Southwest so I'll need to get my own bags when we leave the ship. When we sailed Carnival, I felt like it was smooth until we had to find our bags. To me it was pretty disorganized. How is Disney? Do they line the bags up by cabin number, color, etc?

kcashner
01-20-2009, 05:46 PM
The cabins are grouped into color codes. Within each color group, they are in numerical order by cabin number...at least they start that way.

It is always possible that another guest has moved one of your bags, but in general they are very easy to find. You will remember your color group from the color of your luggage tags the night before, and if you forget, the cabin numbers are on the signs as well. Go to that group and find your cabin number.

If we have one case per person, we roll them thru Customs ourselves. If we have more, we grab a porter and he loads them up on the cart and wheels us thru. I really don't know how DCL could make it any easier.

pfp258
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
The character luggage tags make finding your bags easy! If the line is long it is always better to get a porter as they make their way to the front of the line quickly. It has always been a smooth process for us!

disneyfaninaz
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I highly recommend using a Porter to help collect your bags and get them to your car, shuttle or bus. They will help find and move your luggage through customs for you. It was well worth the tip. While one of you goes with the porter to get your luggage, the other can wait in line to go through customs.

STEAMBOAT209
01-20-2009, 07:02 PM
we used a porter, told him our cabin #, and we were out thru customs in about 45 seconds, and boading the buses . extremely fast and easy.

tvguy
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
It's a piece of cake on Disney to find your bags on the pier. It is the only part of the disembarkation process we liked with Disney.

stitchlovestink
01-20-2009, 11:52 PM
We've only cruised DCL and only once (so far ;) , but not for long :thumbsup2 ) and we found our luggage VERY quickly and easily. It was very well organized or so we thought. Not at all a problem like I thought it was going to be and we had 7 pcs to find.:scared1:

nzdisneymom
01-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Our experience has been that if you put your luggage out all at once, it stays together; if you put some out earlier and some later, they tend to be not quite so together, but in the same general area. Just be sure you know how many bags you have.

Waltworshiper
01-21-2009, 08:03 AM
We also had no problem. It was our first cruise and we took the advice from the boards and used a porter. He was friendly, quick and very efficient getting our bags and getting us through customs!!! Well worth the tip to have their help, especially if you have younger children you are trying to keep track of!

WDWLVR
01-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Disney is very organized and I second the suggestion to use a porter. Another thing we've done that has helped is we type up address labels ahead of time that have our name, address, cabin number and pieces of luggage (1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3). Then when we get the paper tags from DCL we just put these on them. Saves time on packing day and is easier to read than my handwriting. :)

jlowejd5
01-21-2009, 09:01 AM
I also second (or third) the use of the porters. They've always been very friendly and helpful. And definitely use the pre-printed address labels for your luggage tags. It will save more time than you can imagine.

PorterBob
01-21-2009, 09:13 AM
There are not any numbers up on the signs right now. The sections have been rearranged a few times, so they were waiting on getting the numbers back up. Heard they should be back up soon. There are plenty of folks in the luggage hall to get you directed to your row. Hard to explain the rows, they are not necessarily in numerical order. They are grouped by 10's. First table is 00-09, second table is 10-19, etc.. It is almost impossible with 30+ people putting bags out in the morning for them to all be placed together in their row. One thing I always recommend to speed thing up is to put some sort of colored ribbon on your luggage handles to make them a little easier to spot in the crowd of luggage

Vegaslover
01-21-2009, 01:48 PM
You guys are all awesome! thanks for the advice!