PDA

View Full Version : More cruise discounts coming??

DWGal210
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if/when they would release any more specials or deals on the cruises.

My sister and I would like to take a trip this summer since she graduates from high school in May and I wanted to do something fun with her before she goes to college. :thumbsup2 I've been stalking some different sites to see their deals for both 3 and 7 day cruises, but I was curious if they ever do discounts in summer and when they typically release those discounts.

I know they have some pretty good deals right now for spring break-time cruises but that's not going to work out for either of us.

I see they are also having some awesome rates posted for the Sept - Oct time frame but since she'll be just starting college it's not a good time to pull her out of class for a vacation. I was going to ask my SIL if she wanted to go on a cruise this fall but they told us at Christmas they're having a baby in July so that nixes that! :sad: Oh well, that neice or nephew coming takes the sting out!

Thanks guys!

kcashner
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM
It depends on your dates/timing. THere were some awesome deals for the end of May, but they seem to have disappeared. (sold out at those rates).

In the summer, the ships normally fill. If they're not selling as fast as DCL thinks they should, they will offer lower rates or other incentives. If they sell, no great deals.

mmackeymouse
01-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew if/when they would release any more specials or deals on the cruises.

My sister and I would like to take a trip this summer since she graduates from high school in May and I wanted to do something fun with her before she goes to college. :thumbsup2 I've been stalking some different sites to see their deals for both 3 and 7 day cruises, but I was curious if they ever do discounts in summer and when they typically release those discounts.

I know they have some pretty good deals right now for spring break-time cruises but that's not going to work out for either of us.

I see they are also having some awesome rates posted for the Sept - Oct time frame but since she'll be just starting college it's not a good time to pull her out of class for a vacation. I was going to ask my SIL if she wanted to go on a cruise this fall but they told us at Christmas they're having a baby in July so that nixes that! :sad: Oh well, that neice or nephew coming takes the sting out!

Thanks guys!

You could join our January 2nd, 2010 cruise. I know it is not this summer, but it seems to be the best time frame for my college aged sister.

It will give you something to look forward to. Just think about it. :)