PDA

View Full Version : dessert and coffee at palo's

Kurby
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
since this is going to be our first cruise we don't want to miss any of the restaurants but we also want to try palo.

we thought we would have dinner one night (not pirate night) put cassandra in the club then go have dessert and coffer at palo.

what time are they open to? can we even do this or do only do reservations for people having dinner?

what is the food at dinner like? is there a menu somewhere? maybe we could have appy;s in the restaurant in rotation then go have a main course and dessert at palo?

what are our options.

kcashner
01-20-2009, 04:53 PM
You used to be able to have dessert at the bar at Palo. Someone who has done this recently will have to speak to whether this is still possible (you can't do the souffle that way--it has to be ordered early in the dinner.

If you have dinner and dessert, you'll need the Palo ressie. The food is northern Italian--very good. The fillet is wonderful. The atmosphere is great too.

Kurby
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
how do you know what your rotation will be? do we find out before the cruise?

i've looked at the menu's at the other restaurants and there is one that we could give up the main course in favour of palo.

is it just a guessing game?

kcashner
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Unless you are in a suite, you do not know what your dining rotation will be until you board the ship. So, yes, you are basically guessing (or wishing). On a 3 day cruise, I wouldn't wait till I was on board to book Palo (large number of people, relatively small number of ressies available).

In addition to the items on the menu, you can also get a steak, chicken, etc. each night in the regular dining room as well as sweet-talking them into bringing you something from one of the other dining rooms.