PDA

View Full Version : Booking Land/Sea package during Free Dining

princesswendy720
01-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty certain that you can add the dining plan to the land portion of your stay. But what if it falls during free dining? Since I'm staying onsite and have tickets, can I get free dining for my land stay?

peyjax
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
No you would have to book the land and sea seperatly. Yes you can add dining just not free dining because that is a Disney World promotion and the two companies (cruise -world) are seperate. You just need to run the numbers and with free dining you would no doubt come ahead. I think I read the only major drawback was not being able to check in at your hotel and you have to do that at the port. It also limits your resort choices. Now if you are booking a higher cabin or deluxe hotel it changes. So run the numbers!

winotracy
01-21-2009, 12:00 PM
No you would have to book the land and sea seperatly. Yes you can add dining just not free dining because that is a Disney World promotion and the two companies (cruise -world) are seperate. You just need to run the numbers and with free dining you would no doubt come ahead. I think I read the only major drawback was not being able to check in at your hotel and you have to do that at the port. It also limits your resort choices. Now if you are booking a higher cabin or deluxe hotel it changes. So run the numbers!

Don't assume this. You should definitely check the prices separate because I found last year that the land and sea packages with dining added in many cases were lower priced than pricing it separately with free dining. It just depends how good of a price you got on the land and sea package.

shoes99
01-21-2009, 12:59 PM
You have to check both ways. I booked a land/sea cat 11 while on board the Magic last year. Our sailing date is 9/3 to 9/10/09. I received a 10% discount and a $200 OBC. The discount was only $172.00 but if I add the 3 nights dining plan of $39.99 x 6 = $239.94........its close, and then I add in the onboard credit of $100 or $200 its real close. This price includes transfers and insurance for two old folks 60+......we will be staying at POFQ....