PDA

View Full Version : DVC Members Cruises

ELKHUNTER
01-19-2009, 07:56 PM
We are still in the process of closing, but does anyone have any info. on when the next DVC members cruise is scheduled. Also are there any extra perks for belonging to the DVC when cruising with DCL. I would appreciate any info on this matter.:confused3

kcashner
01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
There is an information session for members with recent updates, etc. Refreshments are served and there are lots of prizes. You usually get hats, magnets, and sometimes pins just for sailing.

You are invited to attend the general information session for non-members. Sometimes there is a "members only" door prize at that session as well.

There is also a discount point chart for rebooking on board. However, look carefully. I don't feel that DCL is the best use of my points and I generally sail on cash. This is because using points generates the service charge when you make your reservation AND if you make any changes to the reservation. In addition, you can usually rent out your points, use the money to sail, and come out ahead. Whether you sail on points or cash, DVC members get the same perks. You should automatically be on the DVC list regardless of your payment method.

ELKHUNTER
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
There is an information session for members with recent updates, etc. Refreshments are served and there are lots of prizes. You usually get hats, magnets, and sometimes pins just for sailing.

You are invited to attend the general information session for non-members. Sometimes there is a "members only" door prize at that session as well.

There is also a discount point chart for rebooking on board. However, look carefully. I don't feel that DCL is the best use of my points and I generally sail on cash. This is because using points generates the service charge when you make your reservation AND if you make any changes to the reservation. In addition, you can usually rent out your points, use the money to sail, and come out ahead. Whether you sail on points or cash, DVC members get the same perks. You should automatically be on the DVC list regardless of your payment method.

Thanks, for the info. I really appreciate it. Is the service charge you are talking about the 75-95 dollars charged to make reservations?

kcashner
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks, for the info. I really appreciate it. Is the service charge you are talking about the 75-95 dollars charged to make reservations?

Yes--but note, it's not just charged when you MAKE the reservation. It is charged again if you need to change the reservation in any way--add a person, change a name, change the date, etc. I understand why it is charged...it's just a pain!

NJ Goofy
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I thought I heard the next member's cruise is @ mid-September 2009.

I remembered it because I kind of thought it was a bad time, kid's just starting school, fall sports, etc.

djstweety
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM
The next cruise is Sept 13th. It was sold out within hours. They now have a wait list.