PDA

View Full Version : Serenity Bay lunch

iloveokw
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
What do they serve and what is the best. Thanks.

WDW Princess 71
01-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Was there last week and they had a great selection of burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, some kind of seafood sandwich (I think mahi mahi maybe?), plus all the fixings to make a great sandwich, salad bar, potato salad, and ice cream too! It was my favorite lunch of the whole trip. To me the food tasted much better than the food on board (except Palo of course). But then again I love food cooked on the grill! I had 2 grilled chicken sandwiches, loved them!

Buckeye Gal
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I've had lunch at Air Bar-B-Q twice, and the options were different both times. I'm sure that somewhat depends on what's not consumed in the dining rooms earlier in the week, so know that the main dish options can change. For instance, I've heard some mention there have been lobster burgers, but I'm certain that would be available only if they didn't get rid of as many lobster tails as they had expected.

My experience from the grill is that they had ribs, ribeye steaks, hamburgers, hotdogs, seasoned fish, chicken breasts, and shrimp kabobs. There were a few salad options like couscous and fresh tomato/onion. I think there was potato an/or macaroni salad as well. Other items included banana bread, a good variety of fresh fruit, cookies, and frozen yogurt for a dish or cone. Iím sure there were other things, but thatís what rings a bell right now.

I was happy with everything I got, and I can assure you it wasn't a hamburger or hotdog!

natale1980
01-19-2009, 07:45 PM
So are you saying that they serve diffrent food then by the family beach?

-nat

kcashner
01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
They serve everything that is available at the family beach and then some extra goodies. We had lobster (left over from the night before) and they were grilling steaks. I think it's rather a matter of what wasn't used up during the cruise. Since lobster isn't served on the Wonder (at least I can't find it on the menu), I wouldn't look for it at Serenity Bay either.

They did close up early on our last cruise....so if you need ice cream, don't wait too long!

Ender
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Can you get chicken wings also?