PDA

View Full Version : 7 day ticket prices

pixeegrl
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
We just got back from a Christmas trip and we are already looking forward to our 2010 or 2011 trip. My question is do they always offer the 7 day tickets at such great prices? (ours were $85 in April) I know they have gone up but am wondering do they always offer them? I can't afford them yet but hope they will be available when our trip is closer.

Metro West
01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
We just got back from a Christmas trip and we are already looking forward to our 2010 or 2011 trip. My question is do they always offer the 7 day tickets at such great prices? (ours were $85 in April) I know they have gone up but am wondering do they always offer them? I can't afford them yet but hope they will be available when our trip is closer.No one knows how long the prices will remain in effect. With HR3 and HP coming, I think the discounts are going to be fewer and far between.

donaldduck352
01-19-2009, 05:15 PM
No one knows how long the prices will remain in effect. With HR3 and HP coming, I think the discounts are going to be fewer and far between.

Very true.Jump on any deal you can get now.
The prices are going to jump soon.
With economy in the dumps,they are still going to raise the prices!!!!
Its one of tho's things,if you build it,they will pay!!

ky07
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Very true.Jump on any deal you can get now.
The prices are going to jump soon.
With economy in the dumps,they are still going to raise the prices!!!!
Its one of tho's things,if you build it,they will pay!!
::yes:: :thumbsup2

macraven
01-19-2009, 05:33 PM
No one knows how long the prices will remain in effect. With HR3 and HP coming, I think the discounts are going to be fewer and far between.

i totally feel what Metro stated is true.

new people will come just for parry hotter.
what better time to limit the discounts.

many will come no matter what the price will be.

U2_rocks!
01-26-2009, 09:10 AM
We're planning to go in October 2010, and we were going to buy one annual pass and then get the rest of the tickets at a discount, and the onsite hotel etc. But that means we can't buy the AP until October this year, right? Which means we can't book or buy anything else until we have that code (or whatever) from our AP? I'd also like to buy tickets before the prices go up, but it may still work out better to wait on the AP.

macraven
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
you can book the onsite hotel with the AP rate.

you can not buy the park tickets with the AP perk until you have the AP.

weeks before you plan to leave on your trip, buy the ap on line.
process it when you are at universal.

when you check into the hotel and you are using the ap rate for your room rate, they might ask to see the ap.

you can show them the voucher and tell them once you have it processed, you will return to the lobby desk to show them the ap.

anyone can book the ap rate for the room but if you don't have the ap once you check in and if proof is requested, you would have the rack rate charge applied to your room then.

pixeegrl
01-26-2009, 09:45 AM
oops-posted same time as MAC----------you can book using an APH code now even if you haven't bought it you just have to show proof once you get there. I don't think you can get a discount on the 7 day passes with an AP though, just one or two day tickets.

taliategan
01-26-2009, 09:49 AM
We're planning to go in October 2010, and we were going to buy one annual pass and then get the rest of the tickets at a discount, and the onsite hotel etc. But that means we can't buy the AP until October this year, right? Which means we can't book or buy anything else until we have that code (or whatever) from our AP? I'd also like to buy tickets before the prices go up, but it may still work out better to wait on the AP.

I have been checking into the same thing - my impression is that you can buy a preferred or preimum pass and that the 1 year period begins when activated rather than when purchased (unless you purchase this pass under some discount or promotion which sets an expiration date); you can reserve a room under an AP rate before you have the AP (you just have to present the AP at check-in or shortly thereafter if you need to activate at the park); and, I think the ticket discounts with the AP can only be used at the park (not on-line or through an outside ticket agency like AAA or undercovertourist) - if you want to buy the 2 park, 7 day ticket, it can not be purchased at the park so no AP discount would apply to this ticket.

U2_rocks!
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
OK, so I'd have to compare the gate tickets that the AP discount can be applied to against the ticket prices we could get right now online. And of course factor in the AP cost, netted against the possible room and food discounts. I figure if we're there for 3 nights, and there are 2 adults and 3 kids, it should be worthwhile? I tried to do the costing, with an estimate for room rates and food, to see if it worked out, and it seemed like it might. I don't think I looked at the correct ticket prices for the other 4 in our party though - I'll have to update. I assumed we could get the discount on the online price.

taliategan
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
OK, so I'd have to compare the gate tickets that the AP discount can be applied to against the ticket prices we could get right now online. And of course factor in the AP cost, netted against the possible room and food discounts. I figure if we're there for 3 nights, and there are 2 adults and 3 kids, it should be worthwhile? I tried to do the costing, with an estimate for room rates and food, to see if it worked out, and it seemed like it might. I don't think I looked at the correct ticket prices for the other 4 in our party though - I'll have to update. I assumed we could get the discount on the online price.

That's what I am trying to figure out as well - if you buy a preferred AP - $ 199.00 plus tax as compared to 2 park, 7 day pass at $ 94.99 plus tax. You will need about $ 105.00 in savings on discounts from hotel, food, merchandise, etc., to come out ahead. It looks like you will use the parks for 3 or 4 days, so you should probably get the other family members the 2 park, 7 day pass. You will not get any AP discounts for this. If you are going at a slow time - the AP discount on the rooms can be around 40%, but you may not be able to find out until closer to your trip what this discount will be. However, there may be supersaver rates at that time for hotel rooms as well. The supersaver discounts rates can vary depending on your length of stay - higher percentage for longer stays, lower for shorter and may not apply at all for 2 days or under. If you have AAA, there may be AAA discounts on the room - but probably not be as high as AP discount or the supersaver rate. AAA also has food discounts at most of the places of 10%.

Metro West
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I assumed we could get the discount on the online price.Most of the online specials are already discounted and no other discount would apply...AP or otherwise. Usually the AP discount is pretty good but the online specials are better right now...until Universal offers the 50% off family/friends tickets for passholders again.

n2mm
01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Most of the online specials are already discounted and no other discount would apply...AP or otherwise. Usually the AP discount is pretty good but the online specials are better right now...until Universal offers the 50% off family/friends tickets for passholders again.

That's what I'm hoping for. I bought tickets last year for the family at 1/2 price, but now we have friends who want to go, so I'll be watching again. Folks should keep in mind when crunching numbers between the AP and the 7 day ticket, remember that the AP includes parking and at $12 a day, that can really add up. I love this perk, especially when we are over at the DVC and decide to zip over to US/IOA for the day or have lunch at citywalk.

karatepamy
02-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Always remember, tickets never expire until used at Universal.

You can purchase the seven-day/two-park tickets when you get the money and pick them up when you get here. One of my co-workers said she just recently had someone pick up their tickets that they purchased back in 2005. Like everyone else has said, with the economy and the upcoming major attractions opening, the discounts won't be as nice or as many offered.

I agree that someone should definately purchase the Preferred or Premier annual pass. You'll save a bunch on parking alone, along with food, merchandise, and tickets. The usual discount on tickets is 10% on one-day tickets or 15% off two-day tickets. The hotel discounts are pretty awesome as well.

As mentioned before, there are no discounts on the seven-day/two-park tickets unless bought through a third-party like AAA or a timeshare location.

Around December is when the 50% discount is offered on tickets. But that discount usually only applies to the one-day/two-park ticket or the two-day/two-park ticket. You can actually by these tickets over the phone. You don't have to wait until you get to the park. If you call 1-888-PASS-4-FUN, you can purchase them there. It's the direct line to the Annual Pass department for Universal.