PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel-Paradise beach and others

kcashner
01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm going to have 5 teens on a Western, and am learning that's a lot different than a family. After a long search of past threads, decided to go for current info. Has anyone done Paradise Beach. The web site says the beach is free, $10 for use of all water toys. Is this correct? How much is taxi to get there? Can you give me any idea as to total cost for the day?

Other thoughts on Cozumel--they don't want to do anything that could be remotely considered "educational!"

Lollipop's Mom
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
We just went there last week. Unfortunately it was a cold and rainy day and we could not enjoy it, but yes, the $10 includes all non-motorized water stuff. It is a wonderful place. Very clean, great staff,etc..... I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Food we had was great too.
Taxi was $15 each way (per taxi, not per person).
I hope that helps!

Carlnne
01-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I think I remember reading trip reports that some Cozumel beaches were clothing optional or toplessness allowed. You might want to check if this matters-or maybe someone here can answer this. You might be giving them an "educational experience" after all!

kcashner
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Can anyone confirm/deny the topless stuff? We've had that experience on the French side of St. Maarten, but I didn't realize it occurred at Cozumel also.

jd99
01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Have never seen any nudity or toplessness at Paradise in 2 visits. Your teens will love it. It's our favorite place to go on the western itinerary

ratfam
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
We were at Paradise Beach April 2007 and everyone was fully clothed. It was an Easter week cruise, so spring break, and maybe predictably the beach crowd was many families and some groups of older teens or younger twenty-somethings traveling together. We got the watersports bracelets and ordered food and a few drinks and there were no additional charges (nor was there any pressure to buy anything else), we weren't even charged the service charge that their website said you had to pay to use a credit card, they just treated it as a gratuity for the servers (we would have tipped anyway). If we are ever back in Cozumel I am sure we would return.