PDA

View Full Version : Carye and Josh's PJ 1-11-10 UK-WHR-Sago Cay DP BEO pg 9 rings pg 10

Carye
01-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Our Planning Journal
January 11, 2010
UK Courtyard ceremony Living Seas Salon Brunch Reception

Our Story: My DF and I have a cute story according to most. We first met in 6th grade and became friends throughout middle school. Later in 9th grade we decided to try the "going out" thing. It happened to be one of the rare times when my father who lived 3 states away was in town to visit. Dad didn't like the way he would put his arm around me and told my mom that I shouldn't be allowed to date until I was 25. Mom defended me, always there to rescue me. Turns out "going out" was a lot different than being friends had been, so after a short week together he broke my heart when he told me he wanted to go back to just being friends. Being 14 I took it hard, but being the mature 14 I was I just told myself it was okay, he was one of the good ones you save for later in life when it counts. At the end of 9th grade, my Mom and sisters and I all moved to a town about 30 minutes away. At 15 it seemed like forever away, so I just started over at my new school and put all the rest behind me.

10 years after our first week "going out" I was over at a friends house that I had met through work (I am a hairstylist) and they had recently moved to the same area I had lived in during middle school. I was wondering what happened to all the people I had left behind when I moved and way and through the ease of myspace found a good handful of them still living in the Dallas area. I decided to send all of them friend requests and a cute "long time no see" comment. I heard back from most of them, but most of them was just a short "hi" back, but with Josh it was different. We quickly became message buddies and wrote back and forth almost constantly. It was amazing how easy it was to talk to someone who I hadn't seen in so many years, and we couldn't believe how much we had in common. So after a while, we decided we should see each other.

That first date had its awkward moments, but we both knew we would have to see each other again. The next time we saw each other it was a beginning for our relationship, we became almost inseparable. This all happened in July 2007, by Christmas we were already making trips to see all the families (we both have divorced parents and remarried fathers...I joke that it makes for Multiple Family Disorder during the holidays:joker: )

MLK weekend I went for my first trip to WDW with my youngest sister and her drill team. Being there with 30 some odd teenagers was not my idea of a great time, but who turns down a Disney trip. Teenagers or not I fell in love with it, I had been to Disneyland 15 times and had even made a trip to Disneyland Paris, but the world was different and I was hooked. I came home yammering on about how magical it was and how I thought it would be so cool to get married there. My DF hadn't been since his trip with the band in high school, so we decided we should go sometime.

So we started talking about going just the 2 of us. The trip was planned for Sept. and I couldn't wait. I had always been told by my dad that if the right man wanted to marry me and asked his permission first that he would pay for my wedding, so I passed it on to Josh. Funny as it may seem, the boy my dad didn't like putting his arm around me when we were 14 is the one he gave permission to marry me and tells me how much he really likes him LOL:rotfl: Off to WDW we went and it was a blast from the moment we got there. On our second night there we had reservations for the fantasmic dinner show at The Hollywood Brown Derby, I was super excited about it, this had been my favorite meal when I went in January and my mouth watered just thinking about it. He knew i was psyched about it and we loved our meal. Later off to the show, here is a pic of us there...doesn't he look like he has a juicy secret.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/fantasmicshow-1.jpg

After the show we were heading toward the exit like everyone else when Josh asked if we could go do something. I said sure thinking there was something he had seen in a store he wanted to go get, but then I knew something was up because his palms were sweaty. He walked back over to the entrance to the Brown Derby and we sat on the bench outside. He went on to propose on his knee after we talked for a while. The whole time we were being watched by a couple of castmembers that were in the lobby of the restaurant, and after he stood back up they came running out congratulating us and gave us a certificate and Just Married buttons with the direction to come back when we get married and wear them. Here is a pic we took on our way out of the park that night when we bought pins that have Mickey proposing to Minnie on them.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/rightafterengaged.jpg

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/mickeyminnieproposalpin.jpg
So after an amazing week at WDW we came home to share our exciting new and that we were going back there to get married. Ever since I have been dreaming about it and am more than ready to jump on the planning process. Daddy has agreed to pay and now a deposit and a letter of agreement are all I need to get to it.

Any hints I could get from you guys would be great and I look forward to sharing all of our DFTW excitement.

padisneyfour
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
welcome and congrats looking forward to hearing more of your plans.... have fun and good luck with everything!:goodvibes

malibustacey
01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
another 2010 bride here!

that was a cute proposal!! its nice that you have known each other a long time!

Have fun making your plans, dont get stressed out, and enjoy this time leading upto the wedding!! I will be following your plans in this PJ and i look forward to reading all about them!!

Good luck and congrats!! :flower3:

Carye
01-19-2009, 01:23 PM
welcome and congrats looking forward to hearing more of your plans.... have fun and good luck with everything!:goodvibes
Thank you!! I can't wait to see how things come together, more to come shortly.:goodvibes
another 2010 bride here!

that was a cute proposal!! its nice that you have known each other a long time!

Have fun making your plans, dont get stressed out, and enjoy this time leading upto the wedding!! I will be following your plans in this PJ and i look forward to reading all about them!!

Good luck and congrats!! :flower3:
Thank you...I peeked in at your PJ the other day and I look forward to seeing where yours goes too!:wave2:

Carye
01-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Let the planning begin!
So as you know we have decided on the locations for our ceremony and reception, but the details are starting to come together. A big first thing to figure out for me was to pick the resorts for the room block since everyone in the family keeps asking where they will be staying and how much it is going to cost.

To choose where I wanted to put everyone else, we decided we should choose where we were going to be first. On our engagement trip we stayed at SSR and knew we wanted to eventually join DVC. So we decided instead of spending the money for the disneymoon and the pre-wedding stay, we would put that towards our purchase price. So we have put a down payment on Bay Lake Tower and are anxiously awaiting our paperwork to sign and send back so we can book our planning trip and on March 1st the disneymoon. We are so excited!!!
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/baylaketower.jpg
So I wanted to go with proximity for resorts and I also wanted to be able to offer one from each category cost wise.
Value: Pop Century
Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside
Deluxe: The Contemporary (of course!)
Deluxe Villas: Old Key West
I have some family that will want to stay more than four of them together, so it makes sense to offer a villa for a group of them to stay together if they want. Everyone should be able to find something they like...I have my MK view so I'm happy :cheer2:

We also have decided that we want to have the rehearsal dinner at O'hana, and most likely a pianist for the ceremony and reception b/c there is a beautiful piano in the Living Seas salon. Other than that, a lot of choices are up in the air until we sign the letter of agreement and I get assigned a planner. Hoping to take our planning trip in late April so we can be there for my birthday!

MegKate
01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
What an awesome story you two have together! :thumbsup2 Welcome to the boards and can't wait to read more! (get to writing!! :rotfl: )

Carye
01-20-2009, 01:35 PM
A Little Bit About Dresses

When we first got home from our engagement trip I said I would not be dress shopping for a while because I wanted to lose quite a bit of weight before trying on. But mom started looking anyways and I ended up falling in love with this pic from impressions bridal
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/impression2891.jpg
and these from impressions for bridesmaid dresses
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/impressionbridesmaiddresses.jpg
Then my cousin who works in a bridal shop our in Tyler called and said they were having a bridal show on Jan 11th and she could get discount tickets and would be modeling in the show, so we decided what the heck. Turns out it was a great thing for me to go, I was entered in the door prize and won $125 towards my choice of veils from he shop. YAY!!! But that only gave me the itch to start looking at dresses. My goal was to lose 40-50 lbs before the wedding, completely practical since I had over a year to do it and it wouldn't leave me bone thin, just a health curve for me. I am about 25 lbs down and figured at this point they could at lease get me into the sample sizes to get an idea how they look. So, we headed down to Terry Costa and I looked at a few that I like, so I tried them on. This is a pic of the one I liked the best on.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/capriroyale_primary.jpg
We found out while we were there that the designer of the dress I first fell in love with a pic of will be having a trunk show Jan 23-25, so now we are planning to go check it out and hopefully they will have the dress there for me to see if it lives up to the pic. It should be a fun experience, it will be the first shopping trip out that I will have my mom (she is going to be my matronOH), my 16yr old sis (my maidOH), and my 20yr old sister (my BM) all together doing anything for the wedding. I know it sounds like a funny selection for my bridal party, but if you knew us you would agree 100%
So wish me luck, I don't think I will buy anything yet b/c I want to get closer to size, but it should at lease give me a good idea how much it is going to cost...thank goodness for the veil prize :upsidedow

Oh BTW I realized I hadn't put my e-ring on here either...it is perfect for me he did a great job (even though I did give him a good set of guidelines...:rotfl: )
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/mye-ring.jpg

malibustacey
01-20-2009, 06:04 PM
haha its always good to give them some guidelines!! I did- and i have the perfect ring- so have you! We got what we wanted- yay! The ring is beautiful! woo for you!!

I love that Terry Costa dress. It looks wow! The other dresses are very nice but that one stood out and i love how you can get bridesmaids dresses that have a similar style.

I am going to try on a few dresses (well i have 2 in mind) on saturday because although my wedding is like 22-23 months away, i want to know how much it will cost- and the one that i really like is not what we will be able to afford so if i do end up wanting it, it gives me a chance to save up for it. Its never too early to start looking for dresses- from the advice given on here- if you book early you can get discounts, but the main reason is that it gives you an idea of prices so its all good and fun!

Well done on the weight loss already...! I have been going to the gym 5 nights a week and eating healthily but i dont seem to be loosing any weight!!

When you do go to try on the dresses, make sure you take piccys and share share share!!!

Anyways, im off to bed now, got work in the morning (will prolly spend most of my day on here anyway!!)

Hope your having fun with the planning so far!!

tiggersam00
01-20-2009, 08:42 PM
love the start of your PJ! you were totally right our stories of meeting our DF's are similar! He did a wonderful job of picking out the ring! I love the round stones in the band, I've never seen a ring like that, soooo pretty!
I agree with Stacy, its never too early too look at dresses, you will have so much fun! How exciting tht your going to be DVC members! Congrats, such a dream! I am going to book in all price catagories too (gives people choices).
When are you able to book everything? Do you have a DFTW coordinator yet (I think the coordinator is before the planner:confused3 ).
You guys are an awesome couple!

Carye
01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
haha its always good to give them some guidelines!! I did- and i have the perfect ring- so have you! We got what we wanted- yay! The ring is beautiful! woo for you!!

I love that Terry Costa dress. It looks wow! The other dresses are very nice but that one stood out and i love how you can get bridesmaids dresses that have a similar style.

I am going to try on a few dresses (well i have 2 in mind) on saturday because although my wedding is like 22-23 months away, i want to know how much it will cost- and the one that i really like is not what we will be able to afford so if i do end up wanting it, it gives me a chance to save up for it. Its never too early to start looking for dresses- from the advice given on here- if you book early you can get discounts, but the main reason is that it gives you an idea of prices so its all good and fun!

Well done on the weight loss already...! I have been going to the gym 5 nights a week and eating healthily but i dont seem to be loosing any weight!!

When you do go to try on the dresses, make sure you take piccys and share share share!!!

Anyways, im off to bed now, got work in the morning (will prolly spend most of my day on here anyway!!)

Hope your having fun with the planning so far!!

I like the one from Terry Costa too, it is a Maggie Sottero gown, but I am in the same boat you are, it cost about twice what the impressions one does. I will just have to see what I come across, who knows I might find one that I can't live without. I will have to remember to get mom to take pics on Saturday and get them on here. Thanks for the support with the weight loss, it has been hard, but so worth it in the end!

love the start of your PJ! you were totally right our stories of meeting our DF's are similar! He did a wonderful job of picking out the ring! I love the round stones in the band, I've never seen a ring like that, soooo pretty!
I agree with Stacy, its never too early too look at dresses, you will have so much fun! How exciting tht your going to be DVC members! Congrats, such a dream! I am going to book in all price catagories too (gives people choices).
When are you able to book everything? Do you have a DFTW coordinator yet (I think the coordinator is before the planner:confused3 ).
You guys are an awesome couple!

I love the ring and it is so much prettier in person that a pic could ever show, btw your ring is gorgeous too, love the pink. I know around here you need to order your dress 4-6mox before the wedding, so I am a little ahead of schedule, but it will help give me more motivation to lose the weight so I can go in and order the dress I fall in love with and not just one that comes in a big enough size. I am very excited about DVC, it is a great feeling knowing I will have a little Disney magic every year. :woohoo:
We picked to have ours at Epcot locations, so we are allowed to book everything 12mos before. We are just waiting on my dad to be in town and send in the deposit, we should get our litter of agreement at the end of this week, so the ball will start rolling more. Bill Barchik is our coordinator, he has been great, sending me extra stuff like the brunch option menu and answering some of the random questions I have come up with, but he says once the letter of agreement is signed and the money is started, we will get a planner and they will know the details of everything. :flower3:

not_Joanna_eggs
01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Another Jan. 2010 bride stopping in to say hello! You're a few weeks before me, so I can check in and see what I'm supposed to be doing next ;)

I love your story (so cute!) and your ring (gorgeous!) and I'm jealous of the DVC!

Way to go on the weight loss. I know how difficult it is! I'm in the same boat sort of with the dress.... I am down 62 lbs and hopefully have another 60 or so to go before next Jan... I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop looking at dresses. My advice is that the basic stuff - how tall you are, where your waist is, etc. won't change, so it's totally worth stuffing yourself into a few gowns to get an idea of what will work on your frame. Like I loved all these drop-waist styles, and tried a few on, and they made me look like I was 2 ft. tall. Not an attractive look on me - where as a look that I thought would look bad, actually looked the best. The shops I've been to have been really great and understanding and not pressuring me to get measured. I was told to be safe order no later than the end of April.

Happy planning!

Carye
01-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Another Jan. 2010 bride stopping in to say hello! You're a few weeks before me, so I can check in and see what I'm supposed to be doing next ;)

I love your story (so cute!) and your ring (gorgeous!) and I'm jealous of the DVC!

Way to go on the weight loss. I know how difficult it is! I'm in the same boat sort of with the dress.... I am down 62 lbs and hopefully have another 60 or so to go before next Jan... I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop looking at dresses. My advice is that the basic stuff - how tall you are, where your waist is, etc. won't change, so it's totally worth stuffing yourself into a few gowns to get an idea of what will work on your frame. Like I loved all these drop-waist styles, and tried a few on, and they made me look like I was 2 ft. tall. Not an attractive look on me - where as a look that I thought would look bad, actually looked the best. The shops I've been to have been really great and understanding and not pressuring me to get measured. I was told to be safe order no later than the end of April.

Happy planning!

I hear you on stuffing into the dress, when I tried some on they had to go get an extra piece of fabric to clamp on the back where the corseting would be, but I still got the idea. My biggest goal was to not have to look at specifically "plus size" dresses and I am getting close to that, so I will see what happens this weekend...keep your fingers crossed for me. Congrats on your weight loss, I read your PJ and that sucks about the meds, but at least they are figuring something out for you now, why couldn't they do that before it was +100lbs :rotfl:

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 06:32 AM
ooh are you going dress shopping this weekend? I am too on Sat! Dont forget the piccys! ;)

I am excited for you!!

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
so i dont know very much about the DVC- what is it? and im guessing there is benefits?

do you pay to join? It sounds good... tell me more about it!

DCLbrideSept2009
01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey Carye!! We're practically "neighbors"!!! We live in Allen!! I'm going through the same thing - needing to lose 30-40 pounds before the wedding! I don't want to even TRY ON dresses yet! This is the highest weight I have EVER been (well, not pregnant!) I have gained about 25 pounds just in the 7 months DF and I have been together! OF course, he keeps telling me how incredibly beautiful and sexy I am anyway... he's such a sweetie! :love: But I don't feel good about myself and refuse to walk down the aisle this size! I just started on Jenny Craig today... Need to get back to working out also...

We should get together sometime!! There's a bridal show in Dallas this weekend. Are you going?

MegKate
01-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey Carye, I have family in Tyler, TX - we could be neighbors too! Actually my flower girl who needs a dress lives there! If you wouldn't mind PMing me the name of the bridal shop, I would be most appreciative! :thumbsup2

I love your ring! I love solitaires in general :goodvibes

Carye
01-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey Carye!! We're practically "neighbors"!!! We live in Allen!! I'm going through the same thing - needing to lose 30-40 pounds before the wedding! I don't want to even TRY ON dresses yet! This is the highest weight I have EVER been (well, not pregnant!) I have gained about 25 pounds just in the 7 months DF and I have been together! OF course, he keeps telling me how incredibly beautiful and sexy I am anyway... he's such a sweetie! :love: But I don't feel good about myself and refuse to walk down the aisle this size! I just started on Jenny Craig today... Need to get back to working out also...

We should get together sometime!! There's a bridal show in Dallas this weekend. Are you going?

We should get together sometime. I wish I were going to the bridal show this weekend, I have to work thing I have to do, so I will be missing it. I am only going to the trunk show on Saturday b/c they don't normally carry all of the impression gowns, but they will have them there for the weekend. Good luck with the Jenny Craig, I have just been keeping a handle on my calorie intake and watching my portions trying to make smarter choices, but working out is not my thing, I will get to it eventually, at least being a hairstylist I stand a good part of my day. Are you going to the Plano bridal show in March? I would love to meet up there if you are :chat:

Carye
01-22-2009, 10:53 PM
so i dont know very much about the DVC- what is it? and im guessing there is benefits?

do you pay to join? It sounds good... tell me more about it!

DVC is Disney's version of a timeshare, but it runs on points and you can visit over 500 different places instead of just one. There are a lot of benefits, but it does come at a cost. You are required to buy a minimum of 160 points and they cost $112 each, but you can finance and then you pay dues on the points you own. Here is their website to check out http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/index Also if you go to the main page of the disboards there is a section the DVC a little lower than the weddings, they have like 5 categories to check out. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2 If you end up joining, let me know, they have a referral program and I would love to get the perks for sending you their way.

Carye
01-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Not much has been going on planning wise the last day or so. I read Lynn's PJ and figured out I don't have to pay an extra $100 to get our marriage license by mail and I don't have to go get it once I get to FLA...yay!! I have been thinking about some of the weird stuff I want to do for the wedding, like what to do for BM gifts, do I get us shirts to wear around WDW after the wedding, do I want a cutesy shirt to wear on the planning trip...you know just random stuff. If I decide on anything for sure I will keep you guys posted. OH, I did decide that for all of the family members that are going to the wedding are going to get pin trading lanyards and passcard holders to go with them so they will have the gear they need to survive the parks. What do y'all think? :cool1:

malibustacey
01-23-2009, 04:56 AM
ook okay, thanks for the advice on DVC- i will surely let them know you reccomended / reffered me if we do join!

I want to know where some Brides get their t shirts from? I really want us to get a Bride and Groom t shirt, and perhaps a best man ect.. it would look really funny but would be great at the same time!

I want them for wearing in parks and for also travelling to Florida too!!

If you find somewhere online that sells nice ones let me know!!

DCLbrideSept2009
01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
We should get together sometime. I wish I were going to the bridal show this weekend, I have to work thing I have to do, so I will be missing it. I am only going to the trunk show on Saturday b/c they don't normally carry all of the impression gowns, but they will have them there for the weekend. Good luck with the Jenny Craig, I have just been keeping a handle on my calorie intake and watching my portions trying to make smarter choices, but working out is not my thing, I will get to it eventually, at least being a hairstylist I stand a good part of my day. Are you going to the Plano bridal show in March? I would love to meet up there if you are :chat:

Even though I have very little actual planning to do, I think I'm "addicted" to bridal shows! So I'm sure we'll be going to the one in March also! I'm lucky that I have a DF who actually enjoys these things, so he goes with me! We went to the one in Plano - I believe it was September... but we had NO plans for the wedding at that point... so yes, we should definitely try to get together!! Good luck with the trunk show!! I keep telling myself I'm not going to try on dresses yet, but I don't know if I will be able to hold out much longer... :hyper:

Carye
01-23-2009, 11:15 PM
ook okay, thanks for the advice on DVC- i will surely let them know you reccomended / reffered me if we do join!

I want to know where some Brides get their t shirts from? I really want us to get a Bride and Groom t shirt, and perhaps a best man ect.. it would look really funny but would be great at the same time!

I want them for wearing in parks and for also travelling to Florida too!!

If you find somewhere online that sells nice ones let me know!!

So far I have seen a few websites mentioned in my wanderings aroung the boards.
www.advantagebridal.com
www.cafepress.com
www.bridalpartytees.com
www.customizedgirl.com

But I am going to wait and check out the new design a tee store at downtown disney when we go on our planning trip. I thought it would be cute to make a more disney themed shirt for everyone to wear around the parks after the wedding. Here is a link to a review someone did of the store since it is new http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/01/disney_designatee_1.html BTW the site this is on has tons of great stuff about WDW www.allears.net
:wave2: have fun

Carye
01-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Today was the big day for the trunk show I was looking forward to. My sister didn't end up making it, she was feeling sick, but it was a success none the less. I found bm dresses i really like here are pics of my mom and my little sister in it.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4256.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4255.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4254.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4253.jpg
I love the color, it is called praline, I'm thinking praline with lavender for the main colors and accents of dark plum and chocolate.

Turns out there were 2 designers at the trunk show, Impression and DaVinci. I tried on a handful of dresses, some good some bad. This is the first one I tried on, I liked the top of it, but the bottom doesn't do much for me.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4245.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4244.jpg
Then I put on the Maggie Sottero gown from the other day, so my sis could see it and this time we put a petticoat under it to add some fluff. Excuse the lovely clamps on the back of the dress.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4250.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4252.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4251.jpg
Then we came across this DaVinci gown and I fell in love with it, makes me feel like a total princess (how every disney bride should:flower3: ) Especially once she put the full length veil on with it, I loved the whole look.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4246.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4249.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4248.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4247.jpg
Since it was a DaVinci trunk show this weekend they had a 20% off deal. They agreed to let me purchase at that price, but wait until later to come in and have my measurements done for the order, so it gives me a chance to lose more weight. All I have to do now is make sure Daddy gets the down payment taken care of tomorrow, but I have complete faith in him, he will get it taken care of. :goodvibes So happy!!! What do you guys think?

polynesianbride
01-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Just found your PJ and everything sounds wonderful so far! I love the dresses and think your definately picked the right one- it looks amazing on you! I am totally in love with your bridesmaid dress as well...Who is it by? Impressions? I would wear it as my wedding dress...I'm not joking- does it come in ivory? :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations!

DCLbrideSept2009
01-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Adelia, I was thinking the same thing... I also like the BM dress as a wedding dress! I'm thinking about wearing color instead of white or ivory (some shade of purple... at I believe it's Alfred Angelo I like the eggplant and I forget the other color... more of a light purple but not lavender)

Great dress choices!!! Wedding dress looks awesome on you!!!

daveyc150
01-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey just caught up on your journal. We are also having the UK courtyard for our ceremony in September this year and then on to The Attic. Looking forward to seeing how your plans progress.

tiggersam00
01-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I love the 3rd dress! You look happiest wearing it, so it must be the one! Your BM dresses are such a great color, keep us posted!
I just placed and order from bridalpartytees.com and am waiting for them to get here so I'll let you what type of quality they are. :)

Carye
01-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Just found your PJ and everything sounds wonderful so far! I love the dresses and think your definately picked the right one- it looks amazing on you! I am totally in love with your bridesmaid dress as well...Who is it by? Impressions? I would wear it as my wedding dress...I'm not joking- does it come in ivory? :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations!

Adelia, I was thinking the same thing... I also like the BM dress as a wedding dress! I'm thinking about wearing color instead of white or ivory (some shade of purple... at I believe it's Alfred Angelo I like the eggplant and I forget the other color... more of a light purple but not lavender)

Great dress choices!!! Wedding dress looks awesome on you!!!

Thank you so much! I absolutely love the dress. The BM dress is by Ava Collection by Mori Lee style#601 I'm not sure what all colors it comes in, but I do think it is a beautiful dress and would look great on a lot of different shapes.

Hey just caught up on your journal. We are also having the UK courtyard for our ceremony in September this year and then on to The Attic. Looking forward to seeing how your plans progress.
I can't wait to see how your pics come out, so far I haven't come across anyone that I can see has used that venue, but I think it will be great and cannot wait to go on my site visit. Have you seen any others?

I love the 3rd dress! You look happiest wearing it, so it must be the one! Your BM dresses are such a great color, keep us posted!
I just placed and order from bridalpartytees.com and am waiting for them to get here so I'll let you what type of quality they are. :)

Thank you so much! I knew it was the one, had to put it back on even just to double check. OOh, I hope the tees are great, looking forward to seeing what you think about them and how they look.

malibustacey
01-26-2009, 04:05 AM
ooh yeah that DaVinci gown is lovely!! you look really happy!! it really suits you!

i'd go with that purely because it looks the best and you look so pretty and happy in it!! that shape really looks great on you and the detail is lovely!

woo!! i love seeing people in their dresses! it makes me happy!! i could look at photos of you all in your dresses all day long!

Carye
01-28-2009, 01:23 AM
ooh yeah that DaVinci gown is lovely!! you look really happy!! it really suits you!

i'd go with that purely because it looks the best and you look so pretty and happy in it!! that shape really looks great on you and the detail is lovely!

woo!! i love seeing people in their dresses! it makes me happy!! i could look at photos of you all in your dresses all day long!

Thank you! Sounds like from your PJ that you have found the dress of your dreams too...there must have been something in the air this weekend blessing all of us 2010 brides with dress success:goodvibes . I can't wait to see a pic of yours, send me a PM about it when you can.

Carye
01-28-2009, 01:38 AM
I would consider my weekend to be a success (remember we are working in terms of hairstylist weekends Sunday-Monday). Had an associate update for my Paul Mitchell education job, learned lots of cool new stuff and decided what I want to do with my hair color wise for the wedding...it will be awesome, so excited. As you all know, I found my dress on Saturday and with a little push, Daddy called and put the deposit down on it Sunday evening. All I have to do now is keep up with the diet to make sure I can go in and do my measurements in a few months and get the dress ordered in time, they say give it 6 months, so that would put me sometime in June. Monday night was the official dinner with Dad to decide on what things we have in mind and how much it is going to cost so he can lay down a budget outline and payment stuff for himself. He was great about everything, I am pretty realistic about how much things cost, so he didn't think anything sounded excessive. Talked with Bill, my coordinator, about the Letter of Agreement and got all the paperwork filled out and on its way back to him so we can put the deposit down and start working with a planner :jumping1: . Also, I called DVC and booked the room for our planning trip we want to take for my birthday at the end of April...hey a bonus gift card to spend in the park, yay!! You get to make dining ressies through them too and I called at exactly 90 days, so I was able to get both we were wanting. We are taking my mom with us and wanted to take her to Ohana, where we want to have the rehearsal dinner, and got a reservation for during the wishes show on Sun. night; the other is for the Rose and Crown Pub during the Illuminations show on Monday night. Then I have to think a little more about what I want to do on the Tuesday, it is my Bday :bday: so we will do something special, but we have to fly home that night so it will be a daytime thing...any suggestions?

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 05:30 AM
its so nice that your Dad is helping out with the wedding!

Im so happy you found your dress!! its so lovely. If you need the support with the dieting, ill be your cheerleader, like Stacey (princess22) offered to be mine! hehe!! Go Carye Go!! :cheer2: I know you have no worries when it comes to the measurements, you'll be fine!!

im so gald all your plans are coming together, its not long now until you can work with the planner and the next thing you know, the wedding will be next week!!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 09:15 AM
thats so awesome your dad is helping you out, I have to have that talk with my dad tonight so I'll let you know how it goes:scared: !
I just did the gift card booking too! How cool is that extra disney $$ going to be when it's sitting there waiting for you at check in lol!
I just made ressies for Ohana too, (DF has never been) and I am so excited :hyper: !
Your dress will look gorgeous no matter what the measurments are, I just started weight watchers and so far so good. I just really needed to learn to eat healthy foods, and I figured starting to excercise more would be great too. My goal is 20 lbs by the wedding... I am down 3 so far lol! we can be motivation bussies:cheer2:

Carye
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
its so nice that your Dad is helping out with the wedding!

Im so happy you found your dress!! its so lovely. If you need the support with the dieting, ill be your cheerleader, like Stacey (princess22) offered to be mine! hehe!! Go Carye Go!! :cheer2: I know you have no worries when it comes to the measurements, you'll be fine!!

im so gald all your plans are coming together, its not long now until you can work with the planner and the next thing you know, the wedding will be next week!!
We will all have to be each others cheerleaders:grouphug: ...just another good excuse to scrounge around the boards all day :rotfl: I am very thankful dad is being so much help, he always told me that if I married the right man he would pay for the wedding, so I just had to wait for mister right and it was worth it.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

thats so awesome your dad is helping you out, I have to have that talk with my dad tonight so I'll let you know how it goes:scared: !
I just did the gift card booking too! How cool is that extra disney $$ going to be when it's sitting there waiting for you at check in lol!
I just made ressies for Ohana too, (DF has never been) and I am so excited :hyper: !
Your dress will look gorgeous no matter what the measurments are, I just started weight watchers and so far so good. I just really needed to learn to eat healthy foods, and I figured starting to excercise more would be great too. My goal is 20 lbs by the wedding... I am down 3 so far lol! we can be motivation bussies:cheer2:
Congrats on the 3lbs, I know it can be hard, but I know I never envisioned myself being fat on my wedding day, so it is great motivation to stick to things this time around. :cheer2: Good luck with your dad tonight, I just had to remind myself that it isn't a battle, he wants to help as much as he can, I just have to be realistic about what I think are necessities. Let me know how things come out, I will have my fingers crossed for you and send you the good karma :goodvibes

Carye
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
I was really debating with myself about spending the money to have t-shirts made for my bridal party. With my date being in January and my bridesmaids all being cold-natured like me, I thought they would end up wearing a sweatshirt over them all day and no one would even see my efforts. So...I was wandering around the boards today and checked out a link for personalized wedding stuff and they wanted over $60 for a hoodie :eek: after lurking ebay for a while I came across these cute iron-ons that say cute stuff like "bride's entourage" and the lady said she would make it in any font any color...so that means someone is just cranking these things out and charging $3 for what probably cost them pennies to make:scratchin I don't know if you all saw my little comment about the fans where you can use a scrapbook cutting machine to cut out all sorts of stuff, well I saw on one of their infomercials that you can cut fabric out when using a fusible webbing back....I already own one of those machines and have a font cartridge on its way to me called storybook(you can imagine what it looks like, very Cinderella like). I'm going to try out making my own customized ones, where I can pick the fabric and everything and just iron it on to a shirt from the store. I will let you guys know how it turns out and if anyone wants, I would be more than happy to make some and mail them to you.:cool1:

Carye
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I know I posted this on the main page, but I thought it would keep my thoughts more organized if I put it here, so I would have it with everything else.

My ring bearer will be 20mos old when we get married and my flower girl 6, so I thought it might be a cute idea to dress them up instead of the traditional tux and dress. My immediate thought for the ring bearer was to do a jiminy cricket outfit, looked for costumes, but they are all cheesy and expensive, but I can sew pretty well so it would be attainable. Here is a pic just to give you a visual, but it would be much smaller...lol. :rotfl:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o311/Madisonznana/December2006043.jpg
I was thinking we would get him a little top hat and tux tails jacket with the white shirt to go underneath, then I could make a little orange vest with the big gold button and the yellow aster, and of course buy a pair of light green pants. Somehow I need to figure out the things for the top of the shoes.

Then I thought Tinkerbell would be cute for the flower girl, a costume should be easy to find for this, I just want to make sure it isn't too cheesy, I want her to look cute, not like she insisted on wearing her Halloween costume.

What do you girls think? I want honest opinions please

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
thats so nice your Dad said that, about if you marrying the right man! aw!

Oooh i hope you make some of the shirts soon...it would be great to see, it sounds like you know what youre doing so they will definately look nice! Im not crafty at all- i'd make an absolute mess of everything! hehe!!

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 03:53 PM
awww definately get him a top hat! that would be too cute!

i was thinking about getting my bridesmaids dresses that looked like fairy dresses - and if they wanted to add wings, then i dont think i would mid that much because i will get them wands instead of flowers too.

Carye
02-01-2009, 12:12 AM
thats so nice your Dad said that, about if you marrying the right man! aw!

Oooh i hope you make some of the shirts soon...it would be great to see, it sounds like you know what youre doing so they will definately look nice! Im not crafty at all- i'd make an absolute mess of everything! hehe!!
He is a sweetheart and I am so lucky.
I am planning on trying to pick up some supplies to try out the shirt idea either Sunday or Monday...I will post some pics as soon as I get something done, so you girls can see what you think.
awww definately get him a top hat! that would be too cute!

i was thinking about getting my bridesmaids dresses that looked like fairy dresses - and if they wanted to add wings, then i dont think i would mid that much because i will get them wands instead of flowers too.
I had one girl comment on the main page that she thought no one would recognize that he was Jiminy, but I think it would be cute, and since the $1200 for characters at the reception is a lot too much, it would give me a little character fix. Besides, if you can't get away with that at a Disney wedding, where can you? I think the Tinkerbell outfit will be so cute, love the idea of bridesmaid fairies, and it will save a bunch on flowers to do the wands too...great idea!princess:

Carye
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Today we went out to Tyler to see what I could come up with for my gift certificate I had received and we found a great little head piece with feathers and a flower and lots of sparkle that will be perfect for wearing to my reception since my veil will be too long, but so far, I can't find a pic, so as soon as I can get my hands on one, I will add it for you all.
We also went to this great invitation shop called Paper Capers and the ladies there were awesome. In the end, we decided on this one...I love the fairy tale feel. This is just a sample of it I found online, not ours as it isn't ready yet.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d33e8ff3.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/345ac441.jpg
I will keep everyone posted as I keep going along, I am pretty proud of myself so far, 11+ months to go and I have a lot done I think. Can't wait for my planning trip, I will feel super accomplished then.

malibustacey
02-03-2009, 03:51 AM
that is a wicked invite! i love it!!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Great invite! Very cinderella!princess:

not_Joanna_eggs
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Okay I'm behind... Love the dress.. Cute idea about the hoodies... Yay! Trip to Disney! Great invites. The costume idea could be really cute - especially if you're making them high-quality and not just for $14.99 at Walmart. I think it will be super cute! (sorry if I forgot anything)

You've gotten so much accomplished! You are making me feel like a slacker! (Okay... me being a slacker is making me feel like a slacker... but still ;) ) Way to go!

Carye
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
that is a wicked invite! i love it!!
And affordable to boot, I can't wait to see them with our names on them. I found them on a couple different websites, so I have to do some price shopping and find out if the ladies I worked with can give me the best price out there.:scratchin
Great invite! Very cinderella!princess:
I thought they had just enough fairytale without being the official cinderella invites, since I am not doing the MK ceremony, but they do remind me of the buildings in Epcot UKprincess:
Okay I'm behind... Love the dress.. Cute idea about the hoodies... Yay! Trip to Disney! Great invites. The costume idea could be really cute - especially if you're making them high-quality and not just for $14.99 at Walmart. I think it will be super cute! (sorry if I forgot anything)

You've gotten so much accomplished! You are making me feel like a slacker! (Okay... me being a slacker is making me feel like a slacker... but still ;) ) Way to go!
You are definitely not a slacker...you have so much time to figure things out...I just happened to have a lot of things come together really easy or they would not be done by now.
Thank you on the dress, and the hoodies, oh and the invites. I think the costumes will be great, and I will definitely make sure they are nice ones, nothing wimpy for my wedding pics:p :tink:

malibustacey
02-04-2009, 03:46 AM
all the invitations i have seen are soo soo expensive!! Like, over £100.. and i dont want to be spending that on paper when i know my guests wont apprieciate them, well you know what i mean, to them it would just be an invite that would get thrown away- where if i was to recieve an invite like that, i would keep it!

let me know what the best prices you have managed to find!

Carye
02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
all the invitations i have seen are soo soo expensive!! Like, over £100.. and i dont want to be spending that on paper when i know my guests wont apprieciate them, well you know what i mean, to them it would just be an invite that would get thrown away- where if i was to recieve an invite like that, i would keep it!

let me know what the best prices you have managed to find!

I know, some of the ones I saw in the bride mags that I liked were astronomically priced. I met with a couple of ladies out of Tyler that were more reasonable on the prices and that is where I found what I like, but then I ended up finding the same ones cheaper online. I feel the same way, it means a ton to us, but the people actually getting the invites, will probable look at it twice :sad2:

The most affordable website I found was www.princessinvitations.com princess:
Hope you can find something on there that will work for you, mine is a Carlson Craft invite.

Carye
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
So I mentioned a few posts back that I wanted to try making myself a custom hoodie jacket to wear on my planning trip and for whenever until the wedding, but all the ones I found online were gonna run me around $70:crazy2: . After a little trial and error and using up a bit of my patience, I think I was a success. Here are the pics of how it came out:

Front
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/8dc107a8.jpg
Back
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/63c45462.jpg

I'm sure you girls are wondering how I did it and how much it cost me, so here is the break down.
I used my cricut scrapbooking cutter to cut the letters out of fabric after I had attached wonder under to the back side. This took some patience because the cutting blade would get caught sometimes or the fabric would slide around on the cutting mat, :scared: but I just had to remind myself I could do it.
Then I ironed the letters onto the jacket and outlines them with a clear crystallized paint just to make sure they were good and stuck on the edges. In my world you can never have enough sparkle, so I added the rhinestones for a little extra bling, I just glued them on.:yay:
Price Break Down: Jacket at Target $10.99 18" of wonder under $1.00 6" of green glitter fabric $0.85 26" of purple glitter fabric (bought what was left on the bolt so it would be half off, and it was pretty) $1.80 Glitter paint $1.99 Rhinestones $3.99 So with taxes and everything, I spent less than $25 on it and I love how it turned out.
If anyone wants to steal the idea and needs the letters cut out for them, I would be glad to help through the mail, just let me know.pixiedust:

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 03:54 AM
it looks well good! im impressed, and pretty cheap to make so it makes it even better :thumbsup2

i cant belive your surname to be is going to be Gonzalez! I like that surname- a singer called Jose has that surname, Jose Gonzalez! He is very good! woooo for your new surname!! hehe!

i wish i could make things like that- i dont have the patience! im really bad at crafty things!

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 09:20 AM
The hoodie looks great! Very professionaly made! And you saved $50! Thats awesome!

Carye
02-06-2009, 10:08 PM
it looks well good! im impressed, and pretty cheap to make so it makes it even better :thumbsup2

i cant belive your surname to be is going to be Gonzalez! I like that surname- a singer called Jose has that surname, Jose Gonzalez! He is very good! woooo for your new surname!! hehe!

i wish i could make things like that- i dont have the patience! im really bad at crafty things!

The hoodie looks great! Very professionaly made! And you saved $50! Thats awesome!

Thank you! Thank you! I am so proud of it, and any money I can save along the way is money I have to spend when I get there:cool1:

padisneyfour
02-07-2009, 08:55 AM
very nice job!:goodvibes

Carye
02-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Not a whole lot has been going on in the planning world lately, I will get some updates on here as soon as I get a chance, things have been a little crazy lately.:scared:

Carye
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
ok...I know that I said there wasn't anything going on planning wise, but that was a little bit of a lie, I just had a lot of crud going on with work and didn't feel like getting my stuff together to post.:confused3 So my dearest apologies, but here is the latest update.:cool1:

Monday I went shopping at the Disney store with my mom to check out their tinkerbell costumes, glad I went to look, because the one I liked online is not very cute in person, the green is too bright and would take away from the wedding pics. But, I was in luck, because they were having a big sale on all sorts of stuff. I decided to get these sweatshirts to give to my RB and FG
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4267.jpghttp://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4269.jpg
They were on sale for $7.99 so I couldn't pass them up, I figured with the wedding being in January, they would be able to wear them around the parks while they are there.:wizard:
I also found these two long sleeve tees for me on sale for only $5.99 so I had to get them. Who couldn't use a little more Disney gear??:lovestruc
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4270.jpg

Oh, and I bought this stuffed Jiminy Cricket to give to DFs nephew, the RB, for his :bday: in May so he can start realizing who it is he will be dressed like.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4268.jpg

And the big moment today....my shirts I ordered from customglamgirl.com came in today. I think they came out super cute, and you can't beat the $9.99 they were on sale for. The white one is for the day of the wedding and the rehearsal dinner and the pink ones are "bride's entourage" for my bridesmaids then too...oh and the pink "Mrs. Gonzalez" one is for during the honeymoon.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4266.jpghttp://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4265.jpg

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4264.jpghttp://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_4263.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot. We booked our airfare and SSR for the planning trip...we will be leaving on the 25th and I can't wait! Just have to get the contract returned so we can set our planning session up and everything will be great.

tiggersam00
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok, I love the shirts - All of them!

The FG and RB shirts are super cute and will be perfect for january!
The shirts for you are soo cute! I wish the disney store near me didnt close a few years ago...:sad2:
The shirts you ordered are sooo cute! I love all the pink and for the price, that def can't be beat! You guys will look so cute wearing them all together at the wedding!

And most of all!! Horray for your PS and trip!!! SSR looks soo nice, I really want to stay there someday!!! You will have so much fun, I am requesting lots of pics at your PS lol!:laughing:

tinks_1989
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Hello

I love all your so far planning

Yay for your dad !!

I love all your crafty makes

and those invites .... Beautiful

x

Carye
02-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Ok, I love the shirts - All of them!

The FG and RB shirts are super cute and will be perfect for january!
The shirts for you are soo cute! I wish the disney store near me didnt close a few years ago...:sad2:
The shirts you ordered are sooo cute! I love all the pink and for the price, that def can't be beat! You guys will look so cute wearing them all together at the wedding!

And most of all!! Horray for your PS and trip!!! SSR looks soo nice, I really want to stay there someday!!! You will have so much fun, I am requesting lots of pics at your PS lol!:laughing:

Thank you, I think all of them will be great when the time roles around, now I just have to find somewhere to put everything wedding that I won't forget where I put it :rotfl:
Sorry to hear about your disney store, if it helps any, I found a lot of the same thing on sale on the disneyshopping.com site and there is also disneyoutlet.com so you could check those out and find some deals.
I am super excited about the planning trip, the SSR is great, we stayed there in Sept and it was so convenient to DTD we could walk and then go to any resort from there. Our stay is free from our DVC developer points so it will be even better feeling staying there, but I can't wait to stay at BLT for the wedding/disneymoon.
Lots of pics are on the order, I will have to post some here and I can give y'all a link to my shutterfly page to see the rest.:surfweb:

Hello

I love all your so far planning

Yay for your dad !!

I love all your crafty makes

and those invites .... Beautiful

x

Thank you!! I have tried to keep things simple and get things done so I can enjoy the time leading up to the wedding. :cloud9:

pink_tink8i8
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I know I posted this on the main page, but I thought it would keep my thoughts more organized if I put it here, so I would have it with everything else.

My ring bearer will be 20mos old when we get married and my flower girl 6, so I thought it might be a cute idea to dress them up instead of the traditional tux and dress. My immediate thought for the ring bearer was to do a jiminy cricket outfit, looked for costumes, but they are all cheesy and expensive, but I can sew pretty well so it would be attainable. Here is a pic just to give you a visual, but it would be much smaller...lol. :rotfl:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o311/Madisonznana/December2006043.jpg
I was thinking we would get him a little top hat and tux tails jacket with the white shirt to go underneath, then I could make a little orange vest with the big gold button and the yellow aster, and of course buy a pair of light green pants. Somehow I need to figure out the things for the top of the shoes.

Then I thought Tinkerbell would be cute for the flower girl, a costume should be easy to find for this, I just want to make sure it isn't too cheesy, I want her to look cute, not like she insisted on wearing her Halloween costume.

What do you girls think? I want honest opinions please

I say go for it! I love the idea! :goodvibes
p.s. I'm a 2010 bride too!

malibustacey
02-13-2009, 04:49 AM
oooh yay those will be great for your RB and FG! I will have to look out for bargains like that for my FG's! Im thinking i want to make them a rucksack with loads of goodies in and clothes for the holiday / wedding when they are out in Disney.

Those tops you got from that online store are great- they are so pretty, i love them!! I want some!! I will def look into getting them for our wedding - i love sparkles on tops!

And BIG YAY for your PS trip booked at SSR... i have only stayed in Disney on site once, and that was in 2000, and at the AS music, so one day, i wish i can stay at one of those swanky Disney hotels! Its a dream! (well okay, my dream is to stay at the Royal Asante Suite in AK lodge! but i can DREAM ON!!) HAHA!

Carye
02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I think they are super cute. DF agreed today that his groomsmen need shirts too and that he wants them to say "groom's posse" any suggestions where I can get some inexpensive? The site I ordered from only does the rhinestone ones and that would not be right :lmao: PS I need to be able to order one in a size 4X

CharacterFan
02-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Great start so far. you're having your wedding on my dream date, but i couldn't afford to make it work.

For groom shirts. I know a scrapbook company Me & My Big Ideas made stickers for guys that were studs instead of rinestones, and I think they made a few iron-ons. Or SEI makes iron letters (that look a varsity jacket letters) that you could spell it out with. Hobby Lobby sells them, so you could get them when their on sale.

camara381
02-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Hi there! I just caught up on your PJ!!! Congrats!!! I love everything!!! The invitations are super cute!! The dress is beautiful! You did a really good job on the hoodie, you are so creative!!! I didn't realize there were so many brides from Texas on here. I am not as close to you as the others but we live in Houston.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your plans!

Carye
03-19-2009, 10:41 PM
So sorry for my long absence from the boards. The neglect was completely unintentional.

We had some problems that held up the contract getting signed and in, but everything is smoothed out now and we are back on the right path.

Today I got a call from my planner...her name is Jennifer O'leary...has anyone had her? She will be sending out the paperwork for me to fill out what I have in mind for the wedding and I just need to have it back by the first of April.

Oh...and we scheduled our planning session...9am on April 27th. I am sooooooooo excited...it all seems so real now. :yay: :yay: :yay:

tiggersam00
03-20-2009, 10:36 AM
welcome back girl! Glad it all worked out! We just got our planner too, it all seems real now! Your PS is soooo soon cant wait to hear all the details

not_Joanna_eggs
03-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Welcome back my dear!

Congrats on the planner and the PS!

I hear you on the feeling real thing - it kind of just hits you like blam!

Can't wait to hear more!

Carye
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
So...today I came home to exciting stuff...and good thing, bc I had spent all day sitting in a jury duty panel only to find out I wasn't chosen, what a waste of a day off!!

There were 2 good sized envelopes in the mail...my save the dates and my cake and music cds!!:yay::yay:

If that wasn't enough, I had received e-mail from my planner confirming my planning session and tasting appointments and my "Let's Begin" packet :banana:

I am so excited to have something to look forward to, I called DF and told him he had lots of info to come home too, I can't believe I will be there planning the big day in just a little over and month...can't wait.:cloud9:

tiggersam00
03-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Ohhh I just got those too! We must be on the same timeline now lol! That questionare is soooo long! I have never even thouight about 1/2 the questions they ask! It will be a long afternoon the day we try to sit down with that stuff lol!

Swmr359
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey, I've been lurking on your board. I really like your idea of having the flower girl and ring bearer wear Disney outfits.
I don't know if you've decided anything on your flower girls Tinkerbell outfit,
but have you seen the simplicity patterns for the Disney Faries? The costumes are really cute.
http://www.simplicity.com/assets/2872/2872.jpg

tiggersam00
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey, I've been lurking on your board. I really like your idea of having the flower girl and ring bearer wear Disney outfits.
but have you seen the simplicity patterns for the Disney Faries? The costumes are really cute.

Oh those are super cute costumes! And simplicity patterns are very easy to sew and modify... if you don't like the recommended fabrics you can easily add overlay layers to them. I use simplicity patterns alot when I am sewing and they are great!

Carye
03-26-2009, 11:34 PM

Those are really cute, we will have to see what happens, I am leaving it up to her mother to make the final decision as long as it passes my approval :rotfl:
The one that I have looked at is from the disney store and is more of a soft green with lots of sparkle and only runs $40, from my experience, fabric costs a lot when you want something cute.

Thank you so much for the great tip!!

Carye
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I totally didn't realize until today that in my updates I never mentioned some of the location changes we have decided on.

After all the back and forth with my dad and getting a little feel for how many guests we are going to have, we decided the LSS would be too much for us, and the $2500 food and beverage minimum was more than we can spend.

So... we decided to move the reception location to the Whitehall room, which I think will feel much more size appropriate and that means the extra food and beverage money could be used later in the day instead of just at the reception, so we get to have a dessert party now:banana::banana::banana: I am thinking Sago Cay since our group will be small and if we end up with more people changing it to the GF Marina. And by moving things, we don't have to use Disney photography for everything, so the plan right now is to have Misty Miotto for everything else...lets keep our fingers crossed that we can make it work :goodvibes:

BTW I got a new planner with all the changes at DFTW...Ken Weaver and his assistant Jen Flores. Has anyone heard about them? He has been there for 14 years, so he ought to be great!!

tiggersam00
04-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey Carye! Wow that sounds like it will be really nice. I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Whitehall Room! And how awesome that you may be able to have a DP now too! Congrats girl!

I do not have Ken (but have heard great things about him on here) but his assistant Jen is also my planner Marion's assistant and she has been really easy to work with so far. Very prompt and helpful, and since from what I have heard you talk to the assisntant more then the planner this is a good thing for you:thumbsup2. I have only had to call Jen a few times but each time she got things done for me right away and was really friendly and helpful so I think you are in great hands:goodvibes

AaronsDisneygrl
04-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Just found your PJ. Everything looks great! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Carye
04-13-2009, 12:59 AM
I know that this doesn't have a lot to do with the wedding, but I am so excited I have to share.

My uncles that live in Belgium called me last week and have decided to fly me out to see them this week, I leave on Wednesday and have so much to get done before. So instead of having 2 weeks left to plan for our PS trip, I only have 2 days before I leave when I will be getting ready for my trip and 2 days when I get back to prep and recuperate from the jet lag...I need all the pixie dust I can get pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
But I cannot wait to see my uncles and have never been to Belgium so the excitement for the rest of the month is huge!:cutie:

tiggersam00
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
oh wow! Have a great safe trip Carye! Take lots of pics for us to see:goodvibes

Here is some pixie dust that you have a safe trip and are well rested and prepped for your PSpixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedus t:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedus t:pixiedust:pixiedust:

not_Joanna_eggs
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Ohhh.. So lucky! I love Belgium! You will have a great time. Have some muscles and fries for me.... mmmmmm. Belgim and Disney in the same month!
I'm so jealous!

I'm only sorta kidding here, but flashlights on the back of your knees really work wonders on jet leg.

Carye
04-29-2009, 09:11 PM
I am finally back at home after spending 10 out of 14 days out of town...I am so exhausted, you can't even imagine. So there is a TR coming soon, I just need a few days to recover from everything and actually spend some time with DF before I get it started. Sorry for the delay...hope you girls can forgive me.:grouphug:

tiggersam00
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM
oh glad your back Carye, cant wait to hear all about your trip/s

Ann117
05-04-2009, 08:27 AM
I just found your pj. Everything looks great!! I love the idea of dressing the kids up. If i knew any younger kids to be in my wedding i would do the same thing.

malibustacey
05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Carye,

Hope you had a great time hun!! :goodvibes

Pirate's Princess
05-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Hello! Just stumbled upon your PJ. And after reading the first I totally had to go out and order myself that pin!!! I love Snow White, hehe!! And it gave an awesome pin trading idea.

I was immediately grabbed by the LSS since that's where I want to have ours, but I know the Whitehall is very lovely, and yay for a DP now!!

I can't wait to read more!

Stephie77
05-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi. I just read your pj-great ideas you have! i am getting married the week before you 1/3/10! we are also honeymooning there until 1/7. i love that there is another january bride! i also have ken as my planner and so far him and jen have been great. we have our PS june 25-so if its before yours i can tell you all about him! we are also having our reception at the whitehall room and a DP in epcot. can't wait to read the rest of your plans!:goodvibes

Carye
05-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I just found your pj. Everything looks great!! I love the idea of dressing the kids up. If i knew any younger kids to be in my wedding i would do the same thing.
Thank you! I can't wait to see how cute they turn out, the jiminy cricket umbrella seems to be evading me right now, so hopefully all will be found :goodvibes

Hello! Just stumbled upon your PJ. And after reading the first I totally had to go out and order myself that pin!!! I love Snow White, hehe!! And it gave an awesome pin trading idea.

I was immediately grabbed by the LSS since that's where I want to have ours, but I know the Whitehall is very lovely, and yay for a DP now!!

I can't wait to read more!
Thank you!! LSS is beautiful, but a dessert party sounds like more fun. I was snow white for halloween several times growing up so it was perfect for us :cutie:
Hi. I just read your pj-great ideas you have! i am getting married the week before you 1/3/10! we are also honeymooning there until 1/7. i love that there is another january bride! i also have ken as my planner and so far him and jen have been great. we have our PS june 25-so if its before yours i can tell you all about him! we are also having our reception at the whitehall room and a DP in epcot. can't wait to read the rest of your plans!:goodvibes
Thank you! Darn it, I will be getting there on the 8th, we will just miss each other. I did my planning session 4/27 but life has been crazy so I am behind on getting the TR up, but you will love Ken, he is so great.

Carye
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I know it has been a while since I got back and I am sure you are all chomping at the bit for a TR. So sorry about it taking so long to get started, when we got home DFs mom was in the hospital and was looking really bad. It looks like after 5 1/2 years of battling colorectal cancer, she is not going to be with us much longer and she has been put on hospice care. Needless to say, a lot of our time has been spent at the hospital where they are caring for her. But on with the good stuff!!

Belgium was absolutely beautiful, anyone who gets a chance to go should take it. I got to spend some great quality time with my uncles and saw some beautiful places. And the food was fabulous...of course with walking being our transportation, it was like the calories didn't even count, just like at Disney:lmao:

Carye
05-11-2009, 12:55 PM
THE PLANNING TRIP
DAY 1

We left after I got off work on Saturday and got to the airport in time to make the earlier flight and they actually had room for us :yay: Any extra Disney time I can get I will take :rolleyes1
Here is a shot of DF and I on the plane
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/9cabd703.jpg
We had scheduled our trip to fall on my birthday, so we could get some extra perks. DF suddenly pulls this out of his bag during the flight and said I got one of my presents early (my bday wasn't until Tuesday)
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/244e5a7c.jpg
I had gotten DF some pin trading pins off of ebay for his Bday in February so he would have some to trade on our trip. He stole my idea and got me the baby princess pins for me to have :cutie:
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/ab521144.jpg
and here is a shot of what my lanyard looked like with all of them on there
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/5ad41c79.jpg
I thought it was all very sweet of him:love:

Once we landed it was off to the magical express, here is the obligatory first ride of the trip shot
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/9a7b3296.jpg
Then I saw these cute flower displays while waiting to check in at ME
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/9d468ee8.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/88e7224a.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/3d792757.jpg
So I got us checked in and then we were off to wait in line
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/04f6c723.jpg
The people in line behind us were nice enough to take this pic for us...and I managed to talk them out of charging us for it...lol
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/e3bc276a.jpg
I was expecting to have to wait a while, but the pixie dust was in full effect, so we only waited like 2 minutes before it was off to load the bus
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/827a7e51.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/482a24e0.jpg
I had never seen the entry gates at night, so it was really cool, but the pics aren't too great...sorry
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/e8d59d3d.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/4a5b3172.jpg

So we get to SSR and go to check in and our ressie isn't right:mad: they didn't have it booked with dining so they had to go behind the magic door and do some changing for us. Needless to say this took a while and was pretty stressful. Since we had gotten on the early flight, we didn't get a chance to eat dinner at the airport in Dallas, and we were starving by time we got there:scared: With the dining plan being the snag we had to wait for it, by time it was figured out, all the quickservice DDP places were closed and all that was left was Planet Hollywood or House of Blues on DTD Westside, so we hoofed it over there asap and Disney picked up the tab at Planet Hollywood. I was so hungry and stressed out by time we got there that I forgot food porn pics, but I did get a few of the surroundings
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/6a3a470b.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/eeff2d7a.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/db44e8b5.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/Disney%20planning%20trip%20day%201/d381c52e.jpg
We had the Texas Tostadas appetizer which was quite yummy, then for entrees, I had the chicken fajitas, not so great, DF had the chicken and broccoli pasta, which was pretty good, and mom had the teriyaki salmon which was very good. And of course we had to have the brownie sundae for dessert which was yummy, but had more whipped cream than ice cream:snooty: The food was overall good, but if you are used to some of the other WDW restaurants, this just doesn't have the magic to it and is really loud so no visiting with your dinner mates.
After all the stressing and tons of food it was time to roll ourselves out of there and catch the bus back to SSR. We crashed for the night so we could hit DAK in the morning...more to come

MainStMandy
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I just realized I have not read your PJ!! OMG I Love your dress and your invitations are soo cute!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

malibustacey
05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
YES YES YES!! HERE WE GO! I cant wait to see & read more! wooo!! :cool1:

polynesianbride
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
WOW I don't know how I got so far behind on your PJ- I'm glad you got behind too or I would have missed your entire TR:rotfl: But I'm on board again now and so excited to hear more about your trip. Belgium and WDW- you are one lucky girl:banana: Sounds like all the rest of the planning is coming along really well! I love that you used your cricut to make a hoodie... I have a cricut but never thought of using it for that! It turned out great! Have you washed it yet... it didn't come off? So you just bought regular fabric and then some sort of adhesive for the back??? Can you PM me the details bc I really want to try this?!?!

not_Joanna_eggs
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Yay! You started your TR!!

The baby princesses lanyard is so cute!

tiggersam00
05-12-2009, 02:54 PM
yay!! I am so glad you started your TR! Sorry to hear yo had trouble with the DP at checkin:sad2:, how was the QSDP btw?? At least they comped your meal, that was nice of them for all the waiting you did:goodvibes

Carye
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I just realized I have not read your PJ!! OMG I Love your dress and your invitations are soo cute!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
I know...I hadn't stumbled on yours yet either...I have a lot of reading to do :rotfl: Thank you...I love my dress too and am realizing I need to get those invites ordered pretty soon.
YES YES YES!! HERE WE GO! I cant wait to see & read more! wooo!! :cool1:
The TRs are what get me though to my next trip...can't wait to finish, just wish there were more hours in the day.
WOW I don't know how I got so far behind on your PJ- I'm glad you got behind too or I would have missed your entire TR:rotfl: But I'm on board again now and so excited to hear more about your trip. Belgium and WDW- you are one lucky girl:banana: Sounds like all the rest of the planning is coming along really well! I love that you used your cricut to make a hoodie... I have a cricut but never thought of using it for that! It turned out great! Have you washed it yet... it didn't come off? So you just bought regular fabric and then some sort of adhesive for the back??? Can you PM me the details bc I really want to try this?!?!
Thank you!! I couldn't believe the luck, all the girls at work are giving me a hard time about travelling so much, but I promise to try and stay home for a little while :rolleyes: The hoodie had its challenges, but I love having it to wear. I used a wonder under to adhere the letters and then edged it with glitter paint to seal it better, but I haven't had to wash it, I don't get to wear it that much, hoping I won't have to in case it were to fall apart...maybe try it on something that doesn't matter first??
Yay! You started your TR!!

The baby princesses lanyard is so cute!
Thank you!! I know I have it hanging on my bulletin board so I can see it instead of stashing it away.
yay!! I am so glad you started your TR! Sorry to hear yo had trouble with the DP at checkin:sad2:, how was the QSDP btw?? At least they comped your meal, that was nice of them for all the waiting you did:goodvibes

It was a hassle, but I prevailed:goodvibes We didn't do the QSDP we just had already gotten ressies for all of our table credits and were planning on a quick dinner and getting to bed...so much for that idea. The pixie dust was a great help after having to wait :wizard: Looking forward to telling the rest.

Chilly
05-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Just caught up with your PJ, everything sounds great so far. Love your dress and BM dresses plus the invites.

Carye
05-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Thank you!!

polynesianbride
07-10-2009, 03:56 AM
Any new updates Carye?:rolleyes1

Carye
07-11-2009, 12:15 AM
So sorry girls…life has been way too crazy for the last couple months for me to keep up with anything. Unfortunately DF’s mom passed away July 1st and we had her funeral on the 8th, so the last week has been really hard.

Where were we on the Planning trip???
Oh…BTW I got an offer from www.shutterfly.com to make a free 8x8 photo book so I made one of the pt and it turned out so cute!!!

Day 2
On my 1st trip to WDW, I went with my mom and my baby sisters drill team, well lil sis got sick, so the day we were supposed to spend at DAK was spent letting her sleep. Mom was super bummed, so that was the first thing on our agenda to see with her.

1st things 1st…we went on Kilimanjaro Safaris so Mom could see her fav giraffes
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1c4685ba.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f93c2dd4.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d19a954c.jpg
Then we cruised through Pangani
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/cc479703.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/4c6feb84.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/12defb0e.jpg
After that we were starving, so we hit up a fav of ours Flame Tree…but then we almost forgot the food porn pics, so these are what was left when I remembered
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/b903ccb0.jpg
This was mine…lol
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d103e497.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/75a0ec66.jpg
DF and I both had the pork sandwich…he is so cute…showing off for all you girls
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/647aabed.jpg
Mom had the half chicken
Then for dessert…
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/471b8405.jpg
I had to have the chocolate cake…yummy
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/45e2f5bf.jpg
Mom and DF both had the key lime pie…said it was yummy

Then we saw this while we were walking around
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d9589186.jpg
It was so cool when you realize she is moving, something we didn’t catch on our e-trip

Next went over to Rafiki’s planet watch…none of us had seen it before and it was a lot of fun to see
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/5cc6af24.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/3f6d0bdd.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/7b3ac3af.jpg
Once we got off the train df decided to ham it up and mom had to get in on the action too
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/61a7059c.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/dc9f6ec5.jpg
isn’t the mural beautiful
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/8bc2c903.jpg
Inside we ran into Jiminy…we were so excited to get a pic with him since we will have our own little cricket for the wedding
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f451637a.jpg

Then to finish with a bang…we did It’s Tough to be a Bug…mom hadn’t done it before, so it was fun to watch her squirm
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d68fe071.jpg
We all look so sexy with the bug eye glasses…don’t we? :cutie:

CONT…

Carye
07-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Day 2 cont…

So after spending the day out in the heat, we decided we could use a little nap before we headed out for dinner…DF was sweet enough to take a pic of mom and I being lazy
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/a7408ba2.jpg
Then we headed over to DTD on the boat so we could do a little shopping before our ADR at ‘Ohana
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/0a612843.jpg
This balloon looks like so much fun, hopefully we can ride when we go for the wedding/Disney moon
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/17e4f089.jpg
Then while we were shopping, DF wanted to know how small the groom ears hat looked on him so we took a pic…poor thing, we will have to retro fit it somehow

Then we caught the bus over to the poly so we could feast
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/63fb9dde.jpg
Don’t we look cute???…and hungry…lol
Let’s start off with salad (I love the honey lime dressing they have here) and the yummy bread
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/9c1900ea.jpg
For appetizers, we of course had the broccoli, chicken wings, lo mein, and pork dumplings
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/713ee436.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/64e3790b.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/18d91a13.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/ca571d90.jpg
We love those dumplings so much…we actually ate 2 bowls of them between the 3 of us

Then Cousin Joe and Cousin Driss brought on the meat…and don’t forget the fab dipping sauces
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/af04899d.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/cc85a392.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/96fb1f87.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/26a8b4b8.jpg

When it was time for dessert, they brought me the cupcake since I was there for my b-day
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/52523704.jpg

MK had emh this night, so we wondered around there for a while to finish out the day
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/06700a2b.jpg
Can you tell DF is happy to be there???
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/8d7703dc.jpg

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/10bef027.jpg
And we saw this tink costume, but I think I like the one they have at the Disney store around Halloween better, the colors are a little more muted and they have little sheer sparkly sleeves on them

So that is how we finished Day 2...up next Day 3 and the Planning Session…yay

MainStMandy
07-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Carye...so sorry to hear about your and Df's loss. :hug: Great update!

Chilly
07-11-2009, 12:43 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss.

not_Joanna_eggs
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
So sorry about your DF's mom. The last few weeks must have been so hard.

But Yay for continuing with your TR!!

Your food porn picts from Ohana make me want to try it. We keep going back and forth on whether or not to include it in our plans. But it looks so yummy!

I agree with you about the Tinkerbell costume, that green is sort of weird. The ones at the Disney Store around Halloween are a better color.

Carye
07-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Carye...so sorry to hear about your and Df's loss. :hug: Great update!

So sorry to hear about your loss.

So sorry about your DF's mom. The last few weeks must have been so hard.

But Yay for continuing with your TR!!

Your food porn picts from Ohana make me want to try it. We keep going back and forth on whether or not to include it in our plans. But it looks so yummy!

I agree with you about the Tinkerbell costume, that green is sort of weird. The ones at the Disney Store around Halloween are a better color.

Thank you all for your well wishes...they are very appreciated.

'Ohana is one of our faves...you should definitely try it, but go hungry, it is a lot of food, and I think I have seen some of your lapu lapus there before...lol

It's not that I don't like the costume they had there, I just think for wedding purposes, the more muted colors would look better.

Hopefully I will be able to get the next post up soon...if I forget to get to it, you ladies have to bug me a little :cutie:

tiggersam00
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Carye, your in my thoughts:hug:

Love the TR though, Ohanas is DF's fave too, we will be eating there in 3 weeks and he cant wait!

Carye
07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
DAY 3 The Planning Session

Our planning session was set for 9am on Monday, so we decided we would hit up artists palette for some breakfast and catch the first bus over to MK to get there.
I love the flatbreads there, they are so yummy. Mom and I both had the breakfast flatbread
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/4126c7bf.jpg
And DF decided to have some sort of omelet…sorry I don’t remember what kind, but it looks good
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/451769f9.jpg

On our way to MK we go some shots of our future Disney home…BLT we decided to buy DVC instead of paying for a deluxe honeymoon room, I think it was so worth it.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/7b2d4671.jpg

Then we went to hop on the monorail to GF. It had just left and apparently there was just one running that morning, so we had to wait for it to come all the way back around, so I took some pics of the GF in the distance
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d629a63e.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/46535e48.jpg
When we finally made it over there, we got off the monorail and ducked into a little shop to ask where Franck’s was and they looked at me like I was asking how to get to the moon…oh well we found it anyways. It is quite the hike over there, but the views are beautiful
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/20063641.jpg
We finally made it over there…five minutes late but it worked out okay, there was traffic coming from celebration, so Ken wasn’t there yet either.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/89dc2073.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1ba897c4.jpg

I had no idea what to expect during our PS, but everything went so easy. 1st we ran through the event plans that I had set with our coordinator, and discussed number of guests and what kind of things we were wanting. Ken was awesome, he is so experienced and he was able to answer almost all of my questions immediately, anything else, he found our while we were talking with rose, so we knew before we left. Then it was time for the cake tasting. We decided to try the white, chocolate, marble, and red velvet cakes with dark chocolate mousse, butter cream, cream cheese icing, vanilla cream, and white chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries, and they threw in a raspberry filling to try since there was space, but we don’t like raspberries, so it just sat there. Everything was so yummy, it was hard to decide, but we are going with: 1st layer marble cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries, 2nd layer red velvet with cream cheese icing, and for the 3rd (anniversary) layer marble cake with dark chocolate mousse. We are still trying to decide for sure what design of cake we are going to do, but price will play a role, so who knows for sure. Here is a pic of the cake we really like, but do a 3 tier version of it and use mickeys instead of flowers for the details on the cupcake wrap around layers
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/35713382.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/22451c74.jpg
This is also another option, we would use white chocolate shavings instead of coconut, switch the ribbon color to one of our wedding colors, and of course use a mickey shape for the detailing, but subtle.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d87baed9.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/2e5bc20c.jpg
You will have to stay tuned to see what it ends up….lol

Next, we had Rose come in to talk about décor and flowers. I saw this pic and fell in love with the idea of peacock feathers for the inspiration
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/3e7f8752.jpg
So along with the praline color of the bm dresses, we are using a dark royal purple and a dark teal, I picked out paint chips from the disney collection and they are called prince charming and neverland. Tried to find pics, but none of them look right online, the swatches are beautiful though.
We also decided to go with green rose pomanders with peacock feathers for the bms, a plum calla lily bout for DF, green rose bouts for the gms, and some purple ranunculus for the parents. We also picked the O-table with ivory linens and alternating purple and teal napkins with ivory chair covers and the purle/teal iridescent ties. For centerpieces there will be all low displays with flowers, peacock feathers, and tea lights for a really textures look.
All that was really left with Rose was the dessert party decorations which we decided on lighted gel cylinders and mickey confetti.
So that was about it for the planning session. We were lucky enough that Misty was on property that day and we squeezed in a quick meeting with her before our tasting. She is the best, and I am so excited to work with her. Since we are having an in park ceremony, we will be using DPS for the ceremony and in park portraits and then Misty will take over for the reception, more portraits and the dessert party.

Next we did our menu tasting. It was so cool getting to go back into the GF kitchens. All the food was so yummy and they were really patient with us. DF had some little details he didn’t like so they are making a special plate just for him even though we are doing a buffet. BTW we are going with the Tinkerbell’s brunch menu. Everything is going to be delicious and I keep telling all my family to come hungry, Disney food is the best.

The whole day was such a blur of planning, that it didn’t even register that I had picked out everything for the wedding, so all I had left to do for the time was wait for the BEO and decide on things from there.

Up next….What did we do after the PS???:rolleyes1

ghoulish delight
07-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Just caught up on all of your PJ! I love your story and proposal! Your dress is beautiful, and so are the BM dresses! :thumbsup2 Not to mention I positively ADORE your choice of colors, considering two out of the three (dark purple and teal) are the same as mine! :goodvibes

Your plans are fabulous so far, and I'll be looking forward to reading more!

polynesianbride
07-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Carye I'm so sorry to hear about DF's mom:sad1:, I guess that is a good enough excuse as to why the TR is delayed:hug: I'm definately glad you're back though and am loving your TR:cool1: All the food porn is great- I'm still really sad that OHana's got rid of it's potatoes though- they were the best. I love both cakes and don't know how you'll ever decide- I think I lean a little more towards the first one just because it's so unique! The colors and flowers sound stunning! Great update!

Carye
07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Just caught up on all of your PJ! I love your story and proposal! Your dress is beautiful, and so are the BM dresses! :thumbsup2 Not to mention I positively ADORE your choice of colors, considering two out of the three (dark purple and teal) are the same as mine! :goodvibes

Your plans are fabulous so far, and I'll be looking forward to reading more!
Thank you!! I will have to pop over and check out your PJ, see what ideas for our colors you have :goodvibes

Carye I'm so sorry to hear about DF's mom:sad1:, I guess that is a good enough excuse as to why the TR is delayed:hug: I'm definately glad you're back though and am loving your TR:cool1: All the food porn is great- I'm still really sad that OHana's got rid of it's potatoes though- they were the best. I love both cakes and don't know how you'll ever decide- I think I lean a little more towards the first one just because it's so unique! The colors and flowers sound stunning! Great update!
Thank you, it has been hard, but now everything looks up from here and we are ready to get back to planning the wedding and putting our energy towards something exciting. I have never had the potatoes at 'Ohana, but from what I can tell, they make an occasional appearance, so you never know for sure what you might get. I do like the 1st one best too, we'll see what happens.

disneygal922
07-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Carye! :wave2: I just found your PJ and am all caught up. First off, I want to say how very sorry I am to hear about DF's mom.:hug:

Secondly, I love your dress and the bm dresses. It's such a pretty color. The dress I wore for my sister's wedding was that color and it looked gorgeous in pictures!

The WHP will be a lovely location! It's so nice to be able to have an indoor and outdoor location. And it is just downright beautiful.:goodvibes

You are really starting to make me think more seriously about DVC. Df and I keep randomly bringing it up but have never really looked into it. I think you've convinced me to look more seriously!:laughing:

You PS looked fun! I'm going for mine during my bday trip as well. It's so exciting to plan! :cool1:

Well, I can't wait to hear more of your plans! :goodvibes

Carye
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Day 3 cont…after the PS

So I forgot to mention that after our tasting, we walked over to Sago Cay and checked it out…it is beautiful and I can’t wait to watch Wishes from there, I just love fireworks
Here are some pics of it so if anyone else wants to know
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/19e19ec3.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/3f030549.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1cc0349c.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d6358349.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1cf686d9.jpg

One of the things mom really wanted to do on this trip was check out the resorts we had selected for the room block. We had stayed at Pop on our first trip, so she had a good idea what the value resort would be like, but had never seen a moderate resort, so off to PORiverside we went. I had asked my WP about a tour and he said all we had to do was ask for a manager to give us one at the front desk. Well when we got there, I was a little disappointed, the lady I asked looked at me like I was crazy and snickered when she called for a manager to help us. But, it worked out in the end, the manager that took us was great, she knew so much about the property and seemed genuinely glad to show us around.
This is the main areas
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/2b8c5261.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/65899a2b.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/c5d4a0e5.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/cdec4725.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/2467956c.jpg
I love that they have horse drawn carriage rides around the resort
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/c7a2b201.jpg
This is where you can go rent a pole and fish for a while, my grandparents are going to love this
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d8ea9de5.jpg
And this is the main dining hall, they also have a table service restaurant and a lounge, but we just kind of breezed past them
We got to go walk around alligator bayou, it is so peaceful over there, I think it would be nice and quiet to stay in that area.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/005ad494.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/b87e313b.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/2e3b8289.jpg
And we saw this family on one of the surrey bikes you can rent, we were all laughing bc they didn’t quite make the turn…lol
Then we went over to the magnolia bend area, they are like plantation houses and this is where we go to see a room
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f9334a58.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1cd46446.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/9249f664.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/37449681.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/4947bf55.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f0ba27a0.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/13cabf59.jpg
I think the rooms are great, enough amenities, but not over the top price wise.
This is the view when you walk out of the Magnolia bend buildings,
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1c484f2f.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/296d5337.jpg
Another great thing about this resort, is that the boats take you over the DTD so you can get to any of the other resorts easily.

Up next…Day 3...what’s for dinner??

not_Joanna_eggs
07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow great PS report. I really had no idea what to expect. Thanks!

POR looks nice, so glad you got a tour of the property. When we were at POFQ there "wasn't anyone available" you would think this wouldn't be such an off the wall request. Oh well.

Loving your TR!

Carye
07-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Since it is my day off and I don't feel like going outside to melt, I thought I would tackle one of my little wedding projects that needed to get done eventually. So here goes...we are having our rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana and found these on disneystore.com and had to have them, and are asking our wedding party to wear something Hawaiian feeling.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/56e226eb.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/5be9049d.jpg
I wanted to do something cute to go with the dress for my hair and for my BMs.
I went to Michael's and bought all the stuff...here it is
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/b3dc8ef8.jpg
fake orchids, some sheer ivory 1/4'' ribbon, hot glue, some pin curl clips and some back up floral tape and e6000 in case something wasn't working out.

1st step I hot glued the clips to the base of the flower where it connects to the stem. Then put a dot of glue on the clip base to stick the ribbon to and wrapped it around, making sure to sandwich in between the prongs of the clip. After that all I did was glue the end of the ribbon down and curl the end a little. I did all six of the flowers that looked good from the stem I bought, just in case something happens to one of them or someone else wants to wear one. :cutie:
Here are all the finished ones
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/7b1e4191.jpg
and close up of one of them
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/5a4dbd84.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/285665f4.jpg
and a few shots of what they look like on, forgive the rest of my appearance, I am having a pj kind of day
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/5588ffc4.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d5ac08ea.jpg

Carye
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow great PS report. I really had no idea what to expect. Thanks!

POR looks nice, so glad you got a tour of the property. When we were at POFQ there "wasn't anyone available" you would think this wouldn't be such an off the wall request. Oh well.

Loving your TR!
No problem, anything I can do to help another disbride out. You would think when you tell them you have a room block there that they would want to show you around, but you just never know with people, maybe when you go for your PS you could get a chance to see the resorts.
Hi Carye! :wave2: I just found your PJ and am all caught up. First off, I want to say how very sorry I am to hear about DF's mom.:hug:

Secondly, I love your dress and the bm dresses. It's such a pretty color. The dress I wore for my sister's wedding was that color and it looked gorgeous in pictures!

The WHP will be a lovely location! It's so nice to be able to have an indoor and outdoor location. And it is just downright beautiful.:goodvibes

You are really starting to make me think more seriously about DVC. Df and I keep randomly bringing it up but have never really looked into it. I think you've convinced me to look more seriously!:laughing:

You PS looked fun! I'm going for mine during my bday trip as well. It's so exciting to plan! :cool1:

Well, I can't wait to hear more of your plans! :goodvibes

Thank you, Thank you. It finally seems like things are coming together. You should definitely consider DVC, we just took it as a guaranteed vacations for us in the future, and with all the places you can stay, we don't feel limited to WDW. Have fun on you PS trip, can't wait to hear about it and it is a lot of fun being there on your bday.

disneygal922
07-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Carye, love the apparel! It's perfect for O'hanas. Also, you did such a great job on your hair pin. :thumbsup2 It looks so nice on you! :goodvibes

Ann117
07-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I love your ideas for the rehearsal dinner!!!It looks like it will be so much fun.

Carye
07-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Carye, love the apparel! It's perfect for O'hanas. Also, you did such a great job on your hair pin. :thumbsup2 It looks so nice on you! :goodvibes

I love your ideas for the rehearsal dinner!!!It looks like it will be so much fun.

Thank you both! We went to 'Ohana on our e-trip and loved it so much we asked while we were there that night if they did rehearsal dinners there. I can't wait...the more things I get done, the more excited I get!!

ghoulish delight
07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Love your idea for the rehearsal dinner!! :lovestruc And the hair flowers are adorable! Nice job!

Carye
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Love your idea for the rehearsal dinner!! :lovestruc And the hair flowers are adorable! Nice job!

Thank you...I figured it would make for more fun and Disney magic feeling

Carye
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Day 3 Cont…

So once we were done getting the grand tour of POR we hopped on a boat over to DTD so DF could buy himself a new shirt (a WDW tradition for us) then hoped on a bus to BW and strolled over to Epcot
When we got there we went over to check out the UK courtyard and the Fab Four was playing, so we took some pics of the area
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/508fab93.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1fc45bd5.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/7b830876.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/52fe3c86.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/e894ceaf.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f1a323a0.jpg
This is where the seating will be for the ceremony, inside the gated grassy area

Then is was off to Rose and Crown for dinner
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/ef9d849a.jpg
My food porn fans will have to forgive my slacking here, I got a shot of the bread
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/20acf4b6.jpg
DF and I both had the fish and chips and mom had some salad, but I was too excited for illuminations to start, we had the best seat right on the edge of the lagoon and had nothing obstructing our view. But I did get shots of dessert
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/61dc7566.jpg
I had the chocolate cake, very yummy…and no the pink balloon decoration is not edible, I tried
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/bb6c4ed2.jpg
DF had the apple crisp or crumble whichever it is
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d92745b5.jpg
And mom had some sort of bundt cake, I don’t remember what, it has been a while, sorry.
These are the ducks that wandered up during dessert squawking for food, you could tell the don’t feed the birds sign was pointless, these guys were well fed.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/a7cae6e8.jpg
And here they are waddling on to the next victim since I wasn’t sharing my chocolate cake with them
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/6b0f589d.jpg
Then illuminations started and I got some great shots, here are a few of my favs
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/3244472b.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/a397fa5d.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/c2115ada.jpg
I was not very impressed by Rose and Crown, the view was amazing, but the food was just so so, I really prefer the fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. I would go back for the view, but maybe just do dessert or cocktails next time.

After Illuminations it was time to head back to SSR, but I got a couple shots of the fountain by Spaceship Earth that looked pretty all lit up
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/d6e7c1c4.jpg

Well that is it for Day 3, up next My Bday!

Carye
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Day 4...My Birthday

So for our last day we decided to hang out at Epcot. We started off by grabbing fast passes for Soarin’ and grabbing some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. We didn’t get anything big, just some pastries with our snack credits we had. Sorry no pics, but I had a chocolate croissant, DF had a chocolate muffing, and mom had an apple caramel cake, it was all very yummy and hit the spot. Then we rode the Living with the Land boat ride, it is funny how it seems different every time you go on, and amazing to see all the different stuff they manage to grow inside a ride. Next we decided to wander around WS a little.
We came across these Bambi topiaries and I had to pose bc I used to love flower as a kid
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/a533a07c.jpg
Then we took lots of pics of UK so I would have some to reference for the wedding photographer…here are just a few
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/e9f4c66e.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/1e43be72.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/fd0c4b76.jpg
Then we wandered our way over to Japan and I thought I would pick a pearl. Mom looked at me and ask what I would do with it…my answer “Well, it’s my birthday, I might get lucky and pick an oyster that has 2 in it and then I could have earrings made.” So here are the pick of the process
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/58ad859c.jpg
I picked one…
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/227aa31b.jpg
She did her whole spill about it…
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/219603b7.jpg
Cracks it open…
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/9007909a.jpg
AND I GOT 2 PEARLS!!!!!! Both 6.5mm YAY!
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/e08c6cc9.jpg
So we had to check out the jewelry case to see how I wanted them mounted
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/0ffba5d8.jpg
And here is the finished product, I am going to wear them for the wedding, I think they will look great with my dress and they have special meaning to me.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/523c8dbf.jpg
Mom was just shocked by the whole thing and she decided to get in on the action, she got a 7mm pearl and had a ring made out of it.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f15af472.jpg
By time we were done picking our settings, it was time to head over to have lunch at Coral Reef. I had never been there before and the atmosphere was so cool.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/bc1747fc.jpg
The bread was very yummy and I started with the famous lobster bisque, it was very yummy too
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/150a9a86.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/3890dd03.jpg
I forgot to take pics of the entrees, but I had the bbq salmon sandwich (so so) and DF had the steak, he said it was the best one of all the WDW steaks he has tried, and mom had the pork.
But fear not, I did remember pics of dessert
Mom and I had the butterscotch crème brulee
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/c267d4f2.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/c0e16138.jpg
Figured I would give you the birthday and regular versions…hehe
And DF had the mango sorbet with seahorse tuile
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/2942a599.jpg
All of them were good

After lunch we headed over to Soarin’ and then back to Japan to grab our finished jewelry. I chose to take the birthday fun card so I had some shopping to do before we left too, so I hit up Mouse Gears. We walked the other way around WS to get there and we saw Snow White
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/f748f217.jpg
And then some great topiaries
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/cc592b9a.jpg
Mom just loves giraffes so we had to get a shot of her with them
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/c9996d27.jpg
And I just love the way Epcot looks during F+G fest
I took a shot of the Earth sand sculpture on the way in
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/111cc1c8.jpg
I ended up getting myself a mickey watch, and a few shirts to add to my collection. Then it was off to the busses to get back to SSR and our ME bus back to MCO. Unfortunately there was a bus snafu and we had some issues getting on ME, but it all worked out ok in and end and we headed for home L

Well that is it for that trip, short and sweet, but I will take any time I can get in Disney, can’t wait to get back there.

MainStMandy
07-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Carye I love the update!! Those earrings are just beautiful...I can't believe you picked one with TWO pearls!!! Loving the trip report :)

Carye
07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you...I know, I couldn't believe I got 2 either, must have been a sign...lol

malibustacey
07-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Carye im totally LOVING this TR! Its packed with piccys YAY!!

that creme brulee is looking pretty damn fine!! It looks like you had great fun!!

Carye
07-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Thank you...what is a good tr with out pics??? Lol. The creme brulee was yummy, I can't wait to try the maple one at le cellier. Glad you enjoyed it!

malibustacey
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM
I think its not worth doing a tr if you dont have some damn good pics- and you need a lot of them too! :rotfl: You did a great tr - compared to mine (who's didnt have hardly ANY pics! haha!!)

YAY i def loved this TR! one of the best!

Carye
07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Yesterday we booked everything and its official...we will be spending labor day weekend at WDW!!! The plans so far: just me and DF going, staying at SSR with the last of our developer points, arriving at 10:55 on Saturday and leaving at 8:59 on Monday. Oh and it looks like we are going to try out the quick service dining plan, so we will see how it goes, we might have to fill in a meal or two. I will let you girlies know more when I do!

malibustacey
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
How long do you plan to stay after your wedding in disney? Our wedding is in the same month... mine is on the 18th November 2010.. and yours is the 1st yeah?

We might see each other!!!!

Infact, Wayne really wants us to go out to orlando on 30th October, and stay until the 20th or something ... so if we did that- i might even be able to do a little stalking you on your wedding day!! haha

Carye
07-16-2009, 12:50 PM
We are actually January 11th 2010...sorry...I wish we could meet up though...maybe I could talk df into a trip during your wedding :-)

Chilly
07-17-2009, 05:13 PM
love the pearl earrings

Carye
07-20-2009, 11:36 AM
So I got my original BEO so I thought you girls would like a peek, I got this at the beginning of June, so there have been some changes made, but for now I will just put everything

Wedding Rehearsal at Epcot
Event guide $90.00

Wedding Ceremony Epcot 35 guests
Operations location usage (taxable) $600.00 $639.00
Catering location usage (nontaxable) $1400.00
Photography celebration pkg (3hrs) $1700.00
Violinist $575.00
Floral pkg $6952.05
Transportation limo (4hrs) $376.64
motor coach (8hrs) $781.20
Ceremony total $12423.89

Wedding pre-reception/reception Grand Floridian 35 guests
Ipod pkg $275
7 wine, sparkling toast *Kir Royale* @$61/bottle $550.25
1 sparkling cider @$24/bottle $30.93
3 chef’s choice vendor meals @$13.95 $53.93
33 modified tinker bell’s brunch @$65.50 $2785.42
1 child’s Gus & Jaq dinner @$23.00 $29.64
4 WDW fruit punch (gallon) @$61 $314.43
1 wedding cake @$1875 $2416.22
Reception total $6455.82

Dessert Party Grand Floridian 35 guests
35 modified sweet dreams dessert @$35 $1578.60
Outdoor setup fee @$75 $79.88
Dessert party total $1658.48

Grand Total $20628.19

And here is my Floral Proposal

Ceremony:
My bouquet with 12 mickey crystals and 4 on the handle $448.00
Bridesmaids’ pomanders 3@$125 $375.00
Flower girls basket $35.50
Grooms bout $18.00
Groomsmen’s bouts 3@$12.50 $27.50
Father’s bouts 2@$13 $26.00
Grandfather’s bout $12.50
Groom’s mother and both stepmother’s 3@$30 $90.00
Grandmother’s corsage 2@$26 $52.00
Circles of life linen for alter table $30.50
Staged exit rose petals $45.50

Reception:
Rentals
24 8”lotus bowls $240.00
33 6”lotus bowls $330.00
24 8”bubble bowls $240.00
16 10”bubble bowls $160.00
O-table 8 sections $1777.00
9 9”cyliders $45.00
Pre-reception tables
9 6”lotus bowls with floating purple anemone $45.00
Dinner
24 8”lotus bowls with 3 floating anemone blooms $360.00
24 6”lotus bowls with 1 anemone bloom $120.00
12 8”bubble bowls with purple hydrangea $540.00
12 8”bubble bowls with light green hydrangea $540.00
16 10”bubble bowls with peacock feathers $160.00
24 votives in clear glass roly poly votive cups $60.00
Linens
35 ivory chair covers with teal/purple crushed sashes $297.50
13 teal napkins and 12 purple napkins $25.00

Toss bouquet $35.00
35 mickey rice krispie treats favors $274.75
Dessert party 9 gel cylinders with LED lights and confetti $108.00

Subtotal $6527.75
Tax $424.30
Total $6952.05

malibustacey
07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
thats a pretty good BEO!

What is on your dessert party menu!?? it sounds nice!

What style of cake are you having!?

Chilly
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for posting your BEO, can I ask what this is?

Carye
07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
thats a pretty good BEO!

What is on your dessert party menu!?? it sounds nice!

What style of cake are you having!?

Thank you...it is about 5K over what I planned, but we are making changes to get there. The sweet dreams dessert has Mini Napoleons, Assorted Macaroons, and Key Lime Tarts
White and Dark Chocolate Fondue with Items to Dip, including:
Angel Food Cake, Fresh Fruits and Berries, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, and Pretzels
Coffees with Whipped Cream, Shaved Chocolate, Cinnamon Sticks,
Orange Peel, and Flavored Coffee Syrups
$30.00++ per Guest
but we modified it to have petit fours, mini cheesecakes, and blondie brownies instead of the minie napoleon, macaroons, and key lime tarts
This is the cake we chose
but the price they put in the beo was for the whole 7 tier, way too much cake, so we are having another price drawn up for 3 tiers and a cupcake layer.
Thanks for posting your BEO, can I ask what this is?

You're welcome. The linen is for the small round table that will be used for an altar for our ceremony. It is normally covered in a white table cloth, but it sticks out like a sore thumb, so just something to make it look like it belongs in the courtyard.

AlternateEgo
07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
This is the cake we chose
but the price they put in the beo was for the whole 7 tier, way too much cake, so we are having another price drawn up for 3 tiers and a cupcake layer.

I saw this on tv :) I thought that if they had time, they should have "piped" swirls onto the cupcakes. I just didn't like the space between them. But I really will have to wait around until your wedding so I can see a picture of your cake! I bet it will be gorgeous!

ghoulish delight
07-22-2009, 02:06 AM
You know, I'm certain I've mentioned it before but we have similar tastes! :rotfl2: I see the photo of your earrings and I'm like: :eek: those are gorgeous! And then I realize, hey! Pretty pearl earrings? Oh yeah! No wonder I like them! ;)

Your decor is going to be phenomenal!! Can't wait to see it all together! The cake is awesome - so unique!

Carye
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Thank you ladies...I am super excited about the cake and can't wait to see it in person. I think the pearl earrings will go great with the dress, and now they have a cute story I can tell whenever I wear them later on.

acwinsett
07-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Carye! I just read your entire PJ and everything is looking great! That is one AMAZING cake!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your DF's mother . . . thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Can't wait to see more!

Carye
07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Thank you. I love that cake, I just have to figure out how I'm going to afford it...lol

Stephie77
07-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Carye. I am sorry to hear about DF's mom-my condolences to you guys. glad to see that you guys had a great time on your trip! those pictures are great-so much good food porn-:rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao: i really like that wedding cake! so different and unique. we had out trip a couple weeks after you-wasn't ken great...he really knows his stuff and gets you answers pretty quick. so awesome you got 2 pearls in your shell! the earrings came out really pretty. :thumbsup2

Carye
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I know I haven't been updating much lately, just been trying to keep up with everybody's pjs.
But we did finally mail out our invitations and have gotten a couple responds back so far. The most exciting one was from some friends of the family that live out in Lubbock, they are going to be there the 9th-12th, I am super excited they are getting to come.
Then we went last week and bought our wedding bands. In case you don't remember my e-ring
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/mye-ring.jpg I have a connection at Zale's corporate offices so I got mine there
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/6faf4313.jpg
It is regularly $859 in the stores, but I got it for $190 including tax and sizing!!!

And DF picked his out at James Avery
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/24844521.jpg
It says: God be with us together and apart. It reminded us both of something his mom would have liked and it just felt right. There is a ladies band in silver of it too, so we will eventually get me one to match that I can wear on my right hand.

Oh and I won an ebay auction for the Mickey and Friends cricut cartridge(at a steal, $26 when they retail for $89) so I can cut out some cute stuff to use for the wedding, can't wait for it to come in the mail so I can play!

That's all that is going on for now, just waiting for more respond cards to come so we can make adjustments to the BEO and it be appropriate for the guest count.

ghoulish delight
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Yay for getting some responses! Your wedding band will be soo so beautiful with your lovely e-ring! :goodvibes What a steal on the price too! And the saying on your DF's is very sweet. I love when there are stories behind things like that. :lovestruc

not_Joanna_eggs
08-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Ohh I love your band! And what a deal!! Way to go!

Yay for response cards!

I'm such a slacker, I need to get my invites out! You're my inspiration! :cheer2:

Carye
08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Yay for getting some responses! Your wedding band will be soo so beautiful with your lovely e-ring! :goodvibes What a steal on the price too! And the saying on your DF's is very sweet. I love when there are stories behind things like that. :lovestruc
Thank you. If anybody wants me to check if they have a rig like what they are wanting, just PM me and I can see what I can do. They have a lot of stuff really cheap, everything is at least 50% off store prices :eek:
Ohh I love your band! And what a deal!! Way to go!

Yay for response cards!

I'm such a slacker, I need to get my invites out! You're my inspiration! :cheer2:
Thank you. Glad I could be an inspiration, I really just had to get an idea who was coming for my sanity sake and needing to know if I had enough people to justify the wishes option, but no fear, it is looking like it will be no problem.

Again, if anyone wants me to look for something for them at zales, just PM me!!

Chilly
08-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Wow you got your ring for such an excellent price.

daveyc150
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Just caught up on your PJ, lol prompted by your post on ours!!! Everything looks great, really excitied reading about your planning session, it was one of the things that we didn't do, being from the UK we just couldn't afford to fly over. But I trust Disney to get the food right, hey we're only having burger and hot dogs, what's to get wrong.

Sounds like we're just going to miss you in September, we arive on the 12th. Labour Day is the weekend before right?

Carye
08-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Wow you got your ring for such an excellent price.
I know...I was so psyched about it...leaves me more money to spend at Disney :lmao:
Just caught up on your PJ, lol prompted by your post on ours!!! Everything looks great, really excitied reading about your planning session, it was one of the things that we didn't do, being from the UK we just couldn't afford to fly over. But I trust Disney to get the food right, hey we're only having burger and hot dogs, what's to get wrong.

Sounds like we're just going to miss you in September, we arive on the 12th. Labour Day is the weekend before right?
Thank you! Our planning session was a lot of fun, but we have made changes since and I completely trust them too. We will be there the 5th-7th so we will miss you, but I will be waiting here at home to see your pics :surfweb:

tiggersam00
08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
hey Carye! Great news about the RSVP's, very good news that your friends will make the trip!

Love the bands, its so nice that they have special meaning for you too, I want something with meaning for mine too, it makes it an even more special symbol for you both:goodvibes

Carye
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Things are coming together really nice. The minimum has been paid, the responses are all in and we have 37 guests coming to the wedding, the BEO is very close to being finalized, and the projects are in full swing.

I figured out you cannot buy grey tailcoats for 20 month olds, and even finding a pattern to make one proved impossible. So I decided to purchase a white tux for him and learned how to dye polyester. It was a definite learning experience, but things turned out well. I don't have any pics yet, but I will post when I do.

We finally found a sand ceremony that we love and it came with sand, but in white and tan. So me next undertaking will be to try dyeing the sand purple and teal.

I tried out a few wedding bubbles to use for our staged exit where we are doing half petals and half bubbles, and found I didn't like them. So off mom and I went to hunt for good bubbles the other night. We ended up buying several bottles of bubbles to see if we liked the (ie opened them in the store, tested them out, and had to pay for them even if we didn't like them) then finally came across some we loved, but the packaging was for a kid party theme. After a little creative juice, we are going to spray paint them white and I am going to use my Cricut to cut purple and teal mickey heads to glue onto the handles. I think they will turn out cute, now if the rain would stop long enough to get them painted I could actually know.

I had my first bridal shower (I am having 3) last Saturday and it was great. I got a lot of the things on my registry, managed to score a new microwave, and even got a sentimental gift from my Granny. We are looking forward to the next one, just have to figure out where to put all the stuff.
This is me with an apron that my Maw-maw who I was very close to as a little girl made.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/caryejp/IMG_0734.jpg

After the shower we went to pick up my dress and the bridesmaid dresses, and had our first fitting. It turned out to be a lot more difficult than I imagined. The shop had recommended we use the tailor in the shopping center, so she came down to do our pinning, and we were not impressed with her plans or her prices. So we asked if there was anyone else and they referred us to Margo, she is great and we can't wait to see how they come out.

So now, I am just working my way through my to do list one thing at a time.

not_Joanna_eggs
10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Carye!!! Welcome Back!

I'm so envious, I wish I was like 1/2 as crafty or motivated as you.

Can you stand how close we are? What a great gift from your granny. I love the sentimental gifts :lovestruc aren't they fun? Okay, the new stuff if great too.

sillykaren
10-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Just stopping by to say congrats, although a tiny bit late! I am actually going to be in WDW during your wedding! :cool1:

I love your ring, it reminds me of the ring I ALMOST got. :goodvibes