PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance

itutorfortravel
01-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I am going to pay off our cruise in the next couple days. When I booked I told DCL to add the insurance but now I am thinking I would like to consider another carrier. My questions are:

Is this just a matter of telling DCL to drop the insurance from my price and pay the new balance?

I did not buy travel insurance when we first booked b/c I knew there would be a possibility our plans might have to change and I didn't want to lose the insurance premium if we did change plans..I can still buy travel insurance through another carrier even if I booked this back in December, can't I? I know I won't get the pre-existing coverage, but other than that are there any problems doing this? Should I buy the insurance before or after I pay off the cruise?

Anyone use Travlex Deluxe? I see Travelex has an A+ rating on insure my trip so I am leaning towards them.

mousetravel
01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I always used TravelGuard. They have really good prices.

NancyIL
01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
If you buy the insurance from CSA (the "Luxe" policy) or HTH Worldwide - they will cover pre-existing conditions as long as you purchase the insurance within 24 hours of making your final trip payment.

If you don't care about having pre-existing conditions covered, Travelex does have two good policies, and they cover kids under 16 for free.

lbgraves
01-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes, you can just call DCL and tell them you want to cancel the insurance before you pay the balance in full and it will be deducted from your balance.