PDA

View Full Version : questions marriott grand vista

deerhunt1
01-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi We are going to be staying at the marriott grand vista. From what I can tell this is a marriott time share complex. Has anyone who has stayed here been bombarded by timeshare sharks. Also if we chose to sit in even though we have NO intention of buying how long does it take and what do they give away. If it is tickets to a theme park I might consider not buying all my tickets ahead of time! Lastly What building for room only not the 1 or 2 bedroom villas are nearest to the big pool?

dioxide45
01-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi We are going to be staying at the marriott grand vista. From what I can tell this is a marriott time share complex. Has anyone who has stayed here been bombarded by timeshare sharks. Also if we chose to sit in even though we have NO intention of buying how long does it take and what do they give away. If it is tickets to a theme park I might consider not buying all my tickets ahead of time! Lastly What building for room only not the 1 or 2 bedroom villas are nearest to the big pool?

We are at Grande Vista now. You will be offered to take a tour. I don't know how the ticket offere works for a tour as we usualy take Marriott Reward Points. Marriott sales tours have usually been low pressure, though with the economy the way it is now the sales people my be more desperate. You are usually required to stay 90 minutes for the tour in order to get the incentive.

Buildings 80 and 81 are closest to the main pool complex. 84 and 78 are closest to the Plaza del Sol complex.

BuckeyeGuy28
01-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh boy, Grande Vista is a great hotel! My dad is vice president for customer satisfaction for Marriot and one of his favorite hotels is Grande Vista. When I was a kid and we were waiting for our house to be built, we stayed at Grande Vista and it made for a great home...you get a feeling of seclusion because of its location and the scenery is great, along with the activities there. The indoor playground and kids club (if still there) are worth taking a look at if you stay...great things!

Metro West
01-22-2009, 05:34 AM
My parents have stayed at so many of the resorts around town, I'm sure they've stayed there too. :rotfl:

kellymonaghan
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I did an in depth review of Grande Vista in my book "SeaWorld, Discovery Cove & Aquatica."

You can read it online, here (http://theotherorlando.com/contents/chapters/4c/index.html).

donaldduck352
01-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I did an in depth review of Grande Vista in my book "SeaWorld, Discovery Cove & Aquatica."

You can read it online, here (http://theotherorlando.com/contents/chapters/4c/index.html).

You sure do your homework before writing a review!!:thumbsup2

I always reccommend your book for 1'st timers..

Do i get a commission??jk :)