PDA

View Full Version : Stationary Seating for Expectant Mother

rodkenrich
01-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Which attraction would provide a stationary seating at Universal Studios for my pregnant wife besides Terminator 3-D and Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast?

Tinker-tude
01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Which attraction would provide a stationary seating at Universal Studios for my pregnant wife besides Terminator 3-D and Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast?

When is your wife due? Many of the rides would probably be mild enough, like ET and Jaws. Shrek doesn't have moving seats, it's considered 4-D for other reasons. All of the shows are stationary and very enjoyable.

macraven
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
i would check out the website to find which rides have the stationary seating.
a couple have been listed for you in the above post.
Shrek also has motionless seats.

http://www.universalorlando.com/amusement-parks/theme-park-overview.html

i haven't used the motionless seats on rides in a long time.
i only remember 3 of the rides that have them which is why i am giving you the link to see if there are others.

rodkenrich
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
When is your wife due? Many of the rides would probably be mild enough, like ET and Jaws. Shrek doesn't have moving seats, it's considered 4-D for other reasons. All of the shows are stationary and very enjoyable. My wife is due in June and I seriously think that any movement of any kind would not be recommended. Furthermore, I wonder if she can accompany the rest of the party through the queing areas and find a seat at the exit instead of waiting outside in the weather in the event that the cold weather is not to her liking?

Tinker-tude
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM
My wife is due in June and I seriously think that any movement of any kind would not be recommended. Furthermore, I wonder if she can accompany the rest of the party through the queing areas and find a seat at the exit instead of waiting outside in the weather in the event that the cold weather is not to her liking?

I'm sure she could go through the queue area on most of the rides. You may want to ask if she can sit in the child swap seats that they have for many of them. Several of them are really comfortable.

phamton
01-19-2009, 12:46 PM
There are stationary seating on Jimmy Neutron, Terminator, and Shrek. Depending on what her doctor says she can probably do many rides. Many of them don't move much more than a regular automobile or plane ride.

ky07
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
There are stationary seating on Jimmy Neutron, Terminator, and Shrek. Depending on what her doctor says she can probably do many rides. Many of them don't move much more than a regular automobile or plane ride.
::yes:: ::yes::

tink,too
01-20-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm sure she could go through the queue area on most of the rides. You may want to ask if she can sit in the child swap seats that they have for many of them.

I have done this (quite a few years ago, I admit) but none of the ride attendants objected to me walking the queue with my DH and then waiting alone for a short time in the child swap area. :thumbsup2

I also remember having to stand on a large yellow square inside TWISTER all by myself - it was a stationary platform. ;) It wasn't obvious that I was pregnant, and lots of people were giving me puzzled looks. :confused3 I figured they were thinking "that woman must be sulking with her DH that she's standing wayyy over there!" :lmao: