PDA

View Full Version : Idea's for gifts for friends cruising

Skyw
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
HI
I have some new great friends that have had a crazy hard year this year. I would love to get them something for the trip......I need some ideas. I know there used to be a service that sent packages to the cabins. Does that exist anymore. Can I mail a box to the ship? Should I just put some stuff together and give it to them before the trip. They are also traveling to WDW before the trip. It is there first time and they will be traveling with kids from preschool to highschool. Thanks

lbgraves
01-18-2009, 04:13 PM
You have three choices when it comes to having gifts delivered to the rooms. You can pack up a box and ship it to the address listed in the FAQ thread at the top of this forum. Be sure that you have their stateroom number and full names in case their room is changed. You can order through DCL with the gifts listed on their website. You can order a gift basket from Shirley at the Perfect Gift. http://www.theperfectgift.cc/index.html Shirley can get just about anything you would like to put in a gift basket and having been on the receiving end of one of them...it was amazing!!! She had things for the kids and for us in there. It really was perfect. You can call her at the number on the site and tell her what you would like. There are no other companies in the area that will deliver to the port due to all of the restrictions that have been put in place.

sandiegosusie
01-18-2009, 07:53 PM
I put together gift bags for my nieces and nephews. Disney Dollars, a trading pin, Disney Pez, pirate eye patches and tatoos. I can't remember what else... Adults are a bit more tricky. I would love one of the cruise gifts that Disney offers. You can check them on on DCL's website, under "My Cruise Gifts" or something like that...or how about an onboard credit!

disneyhand
01-18-2009, 10:53 PM
We booked a Disney Cruise with friends more than a year in advance. For Christmas and birthdays prior to the trip, they gifted us with on board credits. I remember our friend made a label on her computer with the credit info and put it on a pretty bottle of coconut rum for Christmas. The other times, she printed the info and then wrapped it really nice. We really enjoyed those credits :cheer2: I think you just contact the cruise line to do this. When we first entered our cabin they had also purchased us a welcome gift from the cruise line. That was also really nice! Yes, they are great friends :thumbsup2

Skyw
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the idea's. I knew there was a way to get stuff too them....I just had forgotten. It has been almost 2 years since we cruised.

kcashner
01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
You know, I'd go with Shirley way before the DCL gift packs. They're personalized, and a much better value.