PDA

View Full Version : Help! Trying to plan 1st trip to WDW

jtolpin
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Help! DW and I are trying to plan our first trip to WDW in July/August time frame...

I need advice on where to look first, find the deals, etc...

We have 3 kids - 10, 8, and 6.

Any help is appreciated! We want to stay in the park, without renting a car (if possible), have a dining plan, have 2 BR's (is that the suite?)

TIA!

Jason

peggyjean123
01-18-2009, 01:00 PM
any ways you can boost your trip to June, because up until June 30th they are running a special , purchase 4 nights and get three free, can't beat it. But if you can't I'd say for good trip try travel mike, he is approved by disney and gives you all the ins and outs of planning your trip, it does cost, but the time saved is worth the price. :thumbsup2

Metro West
01-18-2009, 01:11 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif

02AggieGirl
01-18-2009, 01:30 PM
To find deals, you can go to the disney world website or mousesavers.com
If it was me, I would look at the resorts to decide where I wanted to stay first. Then I would decide on what type of tickets you wanted...since you are going during the summer, would you want to add the water parks option, etc? Then decide if one of the dining plans is right for you. I like them personally just b/c most of the trip (incl food) is paid for in advance. Then decide on what restaurants you think you and your family might enjoy. Allearsnet.com has the menus and pics of resorts. Then check the disney website for park hours & EMH to decide which park you want to go to on what day. make your dining reservations, and a touring plan....but I'm a little obsessive about planning ;) Although I love having it planned out b/c then I just go and do it and just enjoy being there instead of trying to decide what to do next. HTH!

Sukie
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM
:wave2: Glad to have you on board. There are so many Disney books out there to choose from. My favorite one is "The PassPorter's" and it has all kinds of info on WDW. check it out at PassPorter's.com. I just gave one to my girlfriend for Christmas and I bought her's at Borders. I know that you will have lots of fun looking up all kind of info about WDW. Good Luck :thumbsup2

pumba
01-18-2009, 01:45 PM
every board here is geared to helping a person plan a trip to Disney. We have a board for Restaurants and dining. We have one for resorts and one for transportation. Check around these and ask questions.
Everyone here whether it is a moderator of the forums or the people who frequent them LOVE TO ANSWER questions.

So welcome to the Dis and check around.....

HopeCatherine
01-18-2009, 02:52 PM
You should check out waltdisneyworld.com for all the general info, and to look at the resorts, retaurants, and parks. You mentioned you don't want to rent a car, so if you're flying make sure to use Disney's Magical Express, which brings you straight from the airport to your hotel (if you're staying on-property.) Don't get too stressed about planning, no matter what you'll have fun!!

Good luck!

DWFan4Life
01-21-2009, 02:28 PM
To find deals, you can go to the disney world website or mousesavers.com
If it was me, I would look at the resorts to decide where I wanted to stay first. Then I would decide on what type of tickets you wanted...since you are going during the summer, would you want to add the water parks option, etc? Then decide if one of the dining plans is right for you. I like them personally just b/c most of the trip (incl food) is paid for in advance. Then decide on what restaurants you think you and your family might enjoy. Allearsnet.com has the menus and pics of resorts. Then check the disney website for park hours & EMH to decide which park you want to go to on what day. make your dining reservations, and a touring plan....but I'm a little obsessive about planning ;) Although I love having it planned out b/c then I just go and do it and just enjoy being there instead of trying to decide what to do next. HTH!

This would be great, just enjoy and have fun. It might be a very memorable trip for all of you.

Have a safe trip coming. :)

disneygal2007
01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
another great site is allears.net
Welcome!