PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay before cruise near the beach?

luv2plan
01-18-2009, 10:17 AM
We are planning on going to Kennedy Space Center before the cruise and the beach for a day, so where should we stay?

Also, any good miniature golf courses in the area?

Thanks for the info! Happy planning!

Yonkrs_Girl
01-18-2009, 10:22 AM
We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach twice so far and have it booked for our upcoming Sept. cruise. It's a one-block walk to the beach. The pool is not the greatest (very small) but if you are looking for a great close-to-the-beach location -we love it there.

tow-mater-1
01-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I've also heard that 4 Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach is good so I tried to book it for our Jan 2010 cruise a couple of months ago but there was no availability. I keep looking to see if there are cancellations but no luck so far.:confused3 So I suggest you try asap.

samily
01-18-2009, 10:42 AM
We have friends who stayed at Ron Jon's Resort in Cocoa Beach and really liked it. I believe they have a waterslide & lazy river, miniature golf, a movie theatre & kids program.

rtphokie
01-18-2009, 01:34 PM
We just returned from a 4 night RCL cruise from Port Canaveral and stayed at the Radisson at the port. A nice hotel at a reasonable price (we found the best rate was online through the Radisson website.) They've got a great pool and hot tub as well:

http://rtphokie.smugmug.com/photos/456978600_ozp9p-L.jpg

The rooms have recently been refurbished and have sleep number beds (which my son enjoyed playing with). Rooms have microwaves and mini fridges. There is a McDonalds across the street and there are a number of restaurants, fast food or otherwise, a few minutes away in Coco.

There is a mini golf place next door as well.

dredick
01-20-2009, 03:35 PM
We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach twice so far and have it booked for our upcoming Sept. cruise. It's a one-block walk to the beach. The pool is not the greatest (very small) but if you are looking for a great close-to-the-beach location -we love it there.
Don't listen to anything this woman says...she is nuts!!! :rotfl2:(JK) i forgot you are doing another cruise so soon!! i am soooo jealous!

We stayed at the Rad when we cruised w/ Yonkers ..it is fine for a night..not the best, not the worst. Will stay again next year. the free parking is a major plus for us, however, i heard really bad things about the food!

Yonkrs_Girl
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't listen to anything this woman says...she is nuts!!! :rotfl2:(JK) i forgot you are doing another cruise so soon!! i am soooo jealous!

We stayed at the Rad when we cruised w/ Yonkers ..it is fine for a night..not the best, not the worst. Will stay again next year. the free parking is a major plus for us, however, i heard really bad things about the food!

Thanks, Deb - LOVE YA :flower3: pixiedust: :wave2:

bermudabeachbum
01-20-2009, 09:09 PM
We booked 1 night at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. The pool looks great and it's right on the beach. Found a really good price but am now reading very mixed reviews.
Anyone stayed there recently?

dredick
01-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks, Deb - LOVE YA :flower3: pixiedust: :wave2:
you are sooooo very welcome :rotfl2: