PDA

View Full Version : DCL Pickup @ BCV - what time?

JillU-DVC
01-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Can anyone tell me what time the DCL bus will pick us up from Beach Club (villas)?

I just got a studio there for our first night (Friday) before our May 9th cruise, and wondered when we'd be picked up, and when we'd arrive at the port and/or get onto the ship.

I think it will be well after lunch time, so I assume we'd need to pick up a sandwich or something to take with us on the bus, esp. as a diabetic, I need to make sure I eat at certain times.

Also, does the DCL bus include any food for people, or should we plan to bring a sandwich, as I suggested??

This is our first Disney cruise, so I'm trying to get all the details figured out before we leave.

Thanks!

Andrew DEREK UK
01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Can anyone tell me what time the DCL bus will pick us up from Beach Club (villas)?

I just got a studio there for our first night (Friday) before our May 9th cruise, and wondered when we'd be picked up, and when we'd arrive at the port and/or get onto the ship.

I think it will be well after lunch time, so I assume we'd need to pick up a sandwich or something to take with us on the bus, esp. as a diabetic, I need to make sure I eat at certain times.

Also, does the DCL bus include any food for people, or should we plan to bring a sandwich, as I suggested??

This is our first Disney cruise, so I'm trying to get all the details figured out before we leave.

Thanks!

Usually they start collecting from all WDW resorts about 11.30am for arrival between 1pm and 2pm,.So just before lunchtime, they do not serve food on the bus, so best to take something with you if required.

mom2missmous
01-18-2009, 08:16 PM
We would like to know this too, as we will be at BCV pre-cruise in July. we would also love to know past cruisers' experiences with number of stops and where BCV stands in pick up order. We were a little leary of using DCL buses again as last year we left SSR so late we barely had time to check our dining ressies and grab food before the drill. But we love not having to haul our suitcases to port and letting Disney take the responsibility of getting us to the ship in time!

WDdaughter
01-18-2009, 08:48 PM
SSR is the latest resort pick up I believe, around 12:30. Most others are 11:30 or 12:00. I believe they stagger the buses on purpose so that everyone isn't arriving at the same time. As stated by Andrew, 11:30 is the earliest they start at the resorts because the buses are busy making airport runs all morning.

mickeywho?
01-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Where do we find out what time our bus picks up? I don't see anything in my paperwork - do they tell you at the resort?

cquick
01-18-2009, 09:46 PM

Thanks!

No, your pickup will NOT be well after lunchtime. Everyone HAS to be on the ship by 3pm. You will board the motorcoach from the Beach Club around 11/30am. The first thing you will do on the ship is have brunch,so I would just have a regular breakfast before I leave the resort. It takes about 1 1/2 hrs to get to the port, so you would be there about 1:30pm, just in time for a nice brunch.

There is no food offered on the motorcoach from DCL. Just have breakfast before you leave. You'll be fine for a couple hours. If you think you might get thirsty, bring bottled water.

If you are diabetic, just bring what you would normally have with you for a longish car ride. AND be sure to carry on your medications, DO NOT PACK YOUR MEDICATIONS and send them to the PORT!!!! you never know what might happen, be prepared, just like the Boy Scouts. :flower3:

cquick
01-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Where do we find out what time our bus picks up? I don't see anything in my paperwork - do they tell you at the resort?

Yes, they do, you can stop by the DCL desk, or they will phone you to tell you the information. You will also get a card under your door the night before, unless you are a land/sea package person, then you can check in with the cruiselinepeople at your resort and all your paperwork will be done ahead of time. So smooth!