PDA

View Full Version : cruise discounts

luvsTink
01-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Hi all,
If we book a cruise and a discount comes out later can we have it applied?

Thanks!
Anne

DisneyZell
01-17-2009, 10:06 AM
considering you can cancel up to 90 days (I think it's 90), then yes you should be able to do that with no problem. That's why it's good to work with a travel agent (we really like Dreams Unlimited, we have used them twice). good luck!

KandiB47
01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I have done this twice for the same cruise as the price came down. This is a cruise more than 90 days out but it seems to me Disney has the sale price well before 90 days anyway. I'm not sure of any restriction within 90 days for rebooking the same cruise.

kcashner
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
The big answer is "it depends." If the sale code says "new bookings only," AND you are more than 90 days out, you can "reshop" your cruise. This basically amounts to canceling and rebooking while keeping the same cabin. If it does not say "new bookings only," you can just have it applied to your existing reservation.

If you are less than 90 days out and it says "new bookings only," you are basically dead--you'd hit a 50% penalty if you canceled and rebooked. If it does not say "new bookings," you can have the new rate or discount code applied to your existing reservation.