PDA

View Full Version : Extra tax

satan666wayne
01-16-2009, 06:05 PM
If i book with Orbitz or Hotwire what tax is not included? :confused3

This is the price

7 Night Eastern Caribbean Disney Adventure (Port Canaveral roundtrip)

Cruise Line: Disney Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Disney Magic

Departure: 01/30/2010
Cruise Length: 7 Nights
# Passengers: 3
Dining Pref: Second Seating (around 8:30 pm)

Stateroom Category: 11

Cruise Subtotal: $2,537.00
Tax: $174.06
Total: $2,711.06

Thanks

wayne

outahere
01-17-2009, 10:04 AM
I just priced it on the DCL web site and came up with about the same price. Online travel agents do not typically include taxes and port charges in their initial quote and add them in when you get ready to book. Your price looks ok, but no travel agent is allowed to discount a DCL cruise, unless they are selling group space that they have already purchased. Unless you really want to go through an agent, you can get the same price by booking directly with DCL, and then you have complete control of your reservation, and don't have to go through the agent to make any changes, requests, etc.

lbgraves
01-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Also, you might want to look into the fees Orbitz charges for any changes you make. I believe that I have read that they have a per person fee for all of them. Have you looked into other TAs like DU? Do they offer OBCs with the booking?

satan666wayne
01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the help, I will look at dcl.

Anal Annie
01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
TA's can't discount but sometimes they have purchased in bulk in the beginning when the itineraries were released and they can still offer "first tier pricing". This means since DCL raises their prices as time goes and as the ship sells out that you may well get a better price thru a TA because they bought the fare in advance. You should always compare!

Mickeyhugger
01-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the help, I will look at dcl.

Just to let you know your user ID is VERY OFFENSIVE

Rob