PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Surprise - WWYD

dthogue
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
We are taking DD on the 3-night Wonder for her birthday. The day we sail, is her actual birthday - we want to surprise her with the trip. Our plans are to fly to Orlando on Wednesday arrive around lunch time. We will rent a car and spend the night at the NIck hotel. The plans for the day include enjoying the notel activities and pool, dinner either at the hotel or Downtown Disney (her choice), then whatever else she wants to do. At this point, she still will not know that we are cruising. How would you spring the surprise on her? I thought about doing Chef Mickey's for breakfast and telling her then, or maybe just driving to the port (telling her that we are going to the beach) and telling her when we get there (we will have to return the rental car) - anyone have any creative ideas or suggestions. She is familiar with the Orlando area, so she will know where we are when we land (we'll be there in March), but I plan on telling her we thoguht we'd spend a few days in the area doing the things we missed in March.

I do have a letter that someone created for me inviting her on the cruise - just not sure when to give it to her!!!

Help:confused3 I'm not sure what to do!!

Tammy

kcashner
01-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm for BIG surprises. I'd just put her in the car and tell her it is a surprise...and then drive to the port. Her eyes will bug out of her head when she sees the ship!

If you have 2 adults, have the other adult drop you off at the port so you can proceed with check in while he returns the car! You don't say how old she is.....I just remember my daughter waking up as we came across the bridge and her reaction (and she knew we were going on a "boat!") I'd go for the surprise factor.

I'm a little confused about the invitation letter.....

mmackeymouse
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM
This is what I would do, and it is a little elaborate, but it would totally rock, at least from a receiver's standpoint.

You may have to scout out the craft stores or ebay. I would buy four different gifts, nothing extravagant or anything. The first three would be something kind of vaguely related to cruising, hints persay. Maybe a beach desk calendar, the dvd Atlantis, heck even stop and get a free Space Coast information booklet at the airport or a rest stop. Then, for the fourth one, scout out ebay, and see if you can find something DCL specific, a duffel bag, a model of the ship, maybe even something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIECAST-DISNEY-CRUISE-LINE-VAN-HOOL-To-SCALE-BUS-MINT_W0QQitemZ250342950840QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel _RR_Trains?hash=item250342950840&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Include a note with the DCL gift that says "In case you did not figure it out, we are going on a DISNEY CRUISE!!!"

Wrap them all up, and give them to her, in the precise order of course. A breakfast at Cape May sounds like the perfect time!

Just an idea....hehe