PDA

View Full Version : Great prices on Universal annual PASS!!

familygirlsc
01-16-2009, 03:10 PM
After looking on the site and going to the various websites to get universal tickets I decided to call up AAA. Here in SC they had 2 day tickets for 94.95...Good but the same as whats online w/o the tax. THen I decided to call up FL AAA. They have....get this 2009 SEASON PASSES for 96.98!!!! You have to pick them up in person but you can get them from any AAA office in FL, GA, or TN!!! Maybe everyone knows about this but I am doing the happy dance!!:cool1:

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
After looking on the site and going to the various websites to get universal tickets I decided to call up AAA. Here in SC they had 2 day tickets for 94.95...Good but the same as whats online w/o the tax. THen I decided to call up FL AAA. They have....get this 2009 SEASON PASSES for 96.98!!!! You have to pick them up in person but you can get them from any AAA office in FL, GA, or TN!!! Maybe everyone knows about this but I am doing the happy dance!!:cool1:

Came out a few days ago, but just make sure you know it has blackout dates with that pass.:thumbsup2

macraven
01-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Power passes are invalid for the discounts at the parks and no free parking included.

Lee Matthews
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Is it possible to get the Universal Premier Pass cheaper than the $279 that Universal are charging?

macraven
01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
i'm not aware of any place selling it cheaper.:confused3

Metro West
01-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Is it possible to get the Universal Premier Pass cheaper than the $279 that Universal are charging? Not on the Premier Pass...no discounts available...until you buy it. ;)

Joann
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
can Canadians who have CAA which is Canadas AAA be able to get it while there for that price seeing as CAA/AAA is all the same as ours works in the USA

SusieStone
01-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Is there a AAA on the way to Orlando that I can stop at? I am traveling today

macraven
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
can Canadians who have CAA which is Canadas AAA be able to get it while there for that price seeing as CAA/AAA is all the same as ours works in the USA

CAA will receive the same discounts as the AAA is valid for.

i don't know if there are any restrictions on being a resident on the states that offer the deal thru the AAA offices.

a few years back, the Georgia AAA office offered discounted passes only for residents in Georgia on a certain promotion.

i do know that some people outside of Georgia were able to purchase them when they called direct to a GA AAA office.

the OP stated that the FL, GA, TN, and SC AAA offices had them for sell.
it could be they are opened to any and all AAA/CAA members.

i would try for it if that is what you want to do.

familygirlsc
01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I am just getting back on here!! Yes, you can get the discount even if you don't live in the state. I live in SC and drove the 1hr 15 minutes to the nearest GA office so that I could go ahead and have the tickets. I even got my parents tickets at the senior rate for 79/for the season pass. I know that there are blackout dates, but I won't be there then!! I spoke with one of the FL offices as well and they said that you can pick up the tickets there as long as they have some and you have valid AAA id. I would call first and check as there are 2 offices in Orlando.

I hope this helps!!!:goodvibes

familygirlsc
01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
AAA had the preferred and the premier passes @ the AAA South offices (FL, GA, and TN) ...I chose to get the power pass, the cheapest of them, because my dates in 2009 were covered under that one(Im going in two weeks and then again later this year)....I guess I will just have to pay for parking but with a family 6 going on two separate trips I think that it's worth it!!

macraven
01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
thanx, familygirl for the heads up.

sorry to hear you did a long drive and found out it was valid in your state.

i've done things like that before...

DOOM1001
01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
That 2 park season pass has blockout dates and is only good until Dec 19th so it's not a full year,it's still a pretty good deal kind of like the fun card the Busch parks offer. I keep renewing my preferred AP for $109 with no blockout dates and free parking and discounts.The Premier is the one with all the extras like free valet parking,a free entry to HHN,free express after 4pm and so on.

Metro West
01-23-2009, 05:41 AM
AAA had the preferred and the premier passes @ the AAA South offices (FL, GA, and TN) ...I chose to get the power pass, the cheapest of them, because my dates in 2009 were covered under that one(Im going in two weeks and then again later this year)....I guess I will just have to pay for parking but with a family 6 going on two separate trips I think that it's worth it!!Have you thought about buying one Preferred AP so the group can take advantage of the free parking and discounts?

keishashadow
01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
we looked @ it in the past, our summer dates always excluded (near 7/4)

as for ordering tix from them, i called one of the FL offices some time ago & was told:

* unless the tix r specified as FL Resident/Senior, anybody can purchase their offerings, u just cannot get the AAA membership rate (even if u r a member @ a different AAA) if u want them shipped & there r minimal S&H charges

* if u r willing to pick them up @ their offices u can get whatever sale is current (that ur eligible to obtain)

taliategan
01-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Bit confused on this power pass special - doesn't the universalorlando web site indicate you have to a FL or GA resident to purchase? Is this exception to this requirement - that if you buy at an AAA office in FL, GA or any other state selling these passes - you do not have to be a FL or GA resident?

keishashadow
01-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Bit confused on this power pass special - doesn't the universalorlando web site indicate you have to a FL or GA resident to purchase? Is this exception to this requirement - that if you buy at an AAA office in FL, GA or any other state selling these passes - you do not have to be a FL or GA resident?

that's what i was told when last i called to verify (late last year)

it's clearly stated on their website as to which tix have restrictions (residency, sr, etc.)

i brought over the info:

2-Park Seasonal Pass -- NEW! Limited Time Offer - Adult/Child (ages 3+)
Retail Price:AAA Member Price:AAA members save:$99.99 $96.95 $3.04 AAA Tickets now available at your local AAA Branch Office and on-line at aaa.com

Includes unlimited visits to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure through December 19, 2009.

Blackout dates apply:
January 1
April 5-12 --(April 11 Blackout is from 9 am to 5 pm -- After 5 pm guests can go into the park for Mardi Gras)
June 28-July 31, 2009.

Mardi Gras takes place Feb 7-Apr 18.

familygirlsc
01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
This is the tickets that we got. I am going to check with them though to see if I can upgrade at least one of them to get the free parking unless my parents senior pass has it since its completely different.

Metro West
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
This is the tickets that we got. I am going to check with them though to see if I can upgrade at least one of them to get the free parking unless my parents senior pass has it since its completely different.Good idea but remember...you won't get free parking on your first visit. You have to activate the pass before you can get free parking.

southernbelle5672
01-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

ICan'tWait
01-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Blackout dates apply:
January 1
April 5-12 --(April 11 Blackout is from 9 am to 5 pm -- After 5 pm guests can go into the park for Mardi Gras)
June 28-July 31, 2009.

Mardi Gras takes place Feb 7-Apr 18. [/COLOR][/I]

Does this mean end of February is blacked out?

Metro West
01-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Does this mean end of February is blacked out?No...just the dates listed.

Bowen9475
01-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Is this pass only available in FL and GA?

Metro West
01-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Is this pass only available in FL and GA?Yes...I believe so.

familygirlsc
01-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Its available in TN too...

Ok, re:
QUOTE=Lee Matthews;29716698]Is it possible to get the Universal Premier Pass cheaper than the $279 that Universal are charging?[/QUOTE]

I called the AAA office in GA yesterday for some verification. This is what I got......

Power pass-$96 (some blockout datesparking IS NOT included)
Preferred pass-$194 (no blockout dates, parking IS included)

To renew the premier pass...$106 as long as its within 30 days of the pass expiring.

Senior pass 2 park, for adults 55+ -$79 (no blockout dates, parking IS NOT included.

Senior pass 1 park, adults 55+ - $59

ALSO

The rep that I spoke with said to try and show my card and there is a possibility that I may get a discount on the meal deal. She said that she got it everytime that she went but others have said that they didn't.

ALSO (from website):
AAA Members Show Your Card & Save®

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members can also show their AAA membership cards at the theme parks and CityWalk to receive the following:

Universal Orlando Resort -

Save 10% on select dining and souvenirs at both Universal Studios® and Universal's Islands of Adventure theme parks
Save 10% on select dining and souvenirs at Universal CityWalk Orlando
Save $4 off a 2-Day/2-Park pass (Savings apply only to tickets purchased at the gate. Maximum of 6 tickets.)
Universal Studios Hollywood -

Save 10% on select dining and souvenirs at Universal Studios Hollywood
Save 10% on select dining and souvenirs at Universal CityWalk Hollywood
Save $3 on a 1-Day Pass (Savings apply only to tickets purchased at the gate. Maximum of 6 tickets.)

GuestServicesMonkey
01-24-2009, 03:03 PM
There are no discounts on the Meal Deal for anyone.

tjkraz
01-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Anyone know if these passes can be ordered over the phone and shipped to another state? We're in Ohio.

Has anyone been told how long these passes might be available? Our trip is still a month away.

Thanks!

Metro West
01-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Anyone know if these passes can be ordered over the phone and shipped to another state? We're in Ohio.

Has anyone been told how long these passes might be available? Our trip is still a month away.

Thanks!I don't know if they can be mailed to another state but I can tell you no one knows how long these specials will last...they could end at any time.

djb2002
02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Is there any way to get one of these passes (at $99.99) if you are not a FL resident ?

Thanks
Daniel

Disneyhappy
02-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Is there any way to get one of these passes (at $99.99) if you are not a FL resident ?

Thanks
Daniel

I may be getting confused but I do not believe you need to be a FL resident to qualify for the pass. It does have to be picked up in person, though, at a AAA office in FL, TN or GA. Do what I did - call the AAA office you think you will use to pick up the tickets. I called Bradenton's office and they were very helpful. I think the best deal is the Sr Citizen pass good throug the end of the year with no black out dates for $79. My aunt and uncle are visiting with us in 2 weeks and for 4 days in July and can purchase these tickets because they are 55 years old. (Very young 55!) They are very excited about this great deal. This is there first visit and I told them after visiting for the first time, they will want to get as much use out of the pass as possible before the end of the year!!!

djb2002
02-08-2009, 02:11 PM
The ones to order online from the Universal website say FL residents only.

We actually live in the UK, and are staying in Orlando in March.

We are not taking a car, so I'm not sure if there is an AAA office near the international drive area.

At the prices you quote, I would be looking for an adult ticket AND a senior one.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel

Metro West
02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
We are not taking a car, so I'm not sure if there is an AAA office near the international drive area. Unfortunately not...the closest true AAA office is located on Colonial Drive which is a long way from I-Drive.

keishashadow
02-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Thanks!

i called the Kissimmee AAA office when i was shopping around for best deal almost 2 years ago & inquired if FL residency or membership in their AAA was necessary to purchase their offerings.

i was told as long as the tix didn't have a senior or resident stipulation, anybody was eligible & that I could purchase in person @ any of their local offices or could input an Orlando zip code and sign in as a non-member on their site to purchase (reason being the site would re-direct to my local AAA office). The site is very clear as to which passes r restricted i.e. u must appear in person to purchase (ex: 2 park sr pass)

note that i was charged the full 'non-member' price, still much lower than my local AAA was offering, even factoring in the S&H.

they were shipped to my home, no fuss-no muss. I was able to upgrade them @ the park gate along with the coupon needed for the AP deal that was running later than summer:)

djb2002
02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
How do you sign in as a non member ? - Everytime I try it asks for an AAA membership number.

Thanks
Daniel

keishashadow
02-09-2009, 06:31 AM
um, not sure what u mean:confused3

go to the site (may want to clear ur cookies 1st if ur automatically logged into ur AAA office)

http://www.aaasouth.com/map_loc_attractions.asp?zip=33760 (http://www.aaasouth.com/map_loc_attractions.asp?zip=33760)
(if link doesn't work for u just do a search for aaa south attraction tickets to find the right entry to page)

ICan'tWait
02-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Does AAA send a voucher or the actual ticket - meaning we wouldn't have to show proof of residency (in case the subject came up....)

djb2002
02-09-2009, 12:25 PM
um, not sure what u mean:confused3

Sorry - Couldn't see it for looking.

Found it now.

Unfortunately it would seem I have to have it delivered to my credit card address - I was hoping to have it delivered to a hotel over in Orlando :(

Thanks
Daniel

keishashadow
02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Sorry - Couldn't see it for looking.

Found it now.

Unfortunately it would seem I have to have it delivered to my credit card address - I was hoping to have it delivered to a hotel over in Orlando :(

Thanks
Daniel

sorry it didn't work out for u, better luck next time:goodvibes

djb2002
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe a strange question, but what is there is stop you ordering the $99.99 on the Universal website, and then use the automated ticket machine to collect your ticket ?

Surely the machine doesn't ask for any documentation for Florida Resident status ??

Thanks

Metro West
02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Surely the machine doesn't ask for any documentation for Florida Resident status ??
No...just the confirmation # and credit card used.

djb2002
02-18-2009, 04:13 PM
No...just the confirmation # and credit card used.

Can you see any problem in doing this - I presume if you choose the print at home option you just take it to the machine with your confirmation # and credit card, and it gives you the actual ticket ??

Am I wrong, or missing something... ??

Thanks
Daniel

Metro West
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Can you see any problem in doing this - I presume if you choose the print at home option you just take it to the machine with your confirmation # and credit card, and it gives you the actual ticket ??

Am I wrong, or missing something... ??

Thanks
DanielThe print at home option actually prints out the tickets on your printer however...the tickets would be a sheet of paper...not the small tickets that you would get at the gate. If you want the electronic pickup, you would take your confirmation # and credit card used to the kiosk and the actual ticket would print out. It's very easy and usually fast.

djb2002
02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you know if this can still be done with the 'Florida Resident' offers ? - If so, how do they check you are a Florida resident (or not) ?

Thanks again
Daniel

Metro West
02-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you know if this can still be done with the 'Florida Resident' offers ? - If so, how do they check you are a Florida resident (or not) ?

Thanks again
DanielI think the billing address of the credit card has to be a FL address.

donaldduck352
02-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I think the billing address of the credit card has to be a FL address.

::yes::

djb2002
02-18-2009, 04:46 PM
If the FL address has to be the credit card billing address, then I have no chance :(

Thanks
Daniel

Metro West
02-18-2009, 04:57 PM
If the FL address has to be the credit card billing address, then I have no chance :(

Thanks
DanielNot only that but I think your name goes on the ticket so no one else can use them.

phamton
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I have never seen the FL annual passes refused for non-residents. They have had this Mardi Gras special every year and it has always said FL residents but I know several people personally from the UK that have purchased it. I have never seen anyone turned away for not being a resident. You need the coke code and you have to enter a FL zipcode (such as 32819) to enter the site. Once you are there, just use your correct name, address, and phone number.

tjkraz
02-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Funny these FL resident questions are coming up. Earlier today I took a survey related to winning the free ticket on Super Bowl Sunday. After reiterating several times that the responses were strictly confidential / private / "you won't be held accountable", they asked questions along the lines of "have you ever claimed to be a FL resident in order to get discounted US/IOA passes." That part of the survey makes a little more sense now. :lmao:

phamton
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
they asked questions along the lines of "have you ever claimed to be a FL resident in order to get discounted US/IOA passes." That part of the survey makes a little more sense now. :lmao:

Until Universal Studios changes the policy, that will continue to happen. If they didn't want to allow others to buy the Power Pass, they would would put this same statement on the FL annual passes that they have on the FL resident one day tickets: "Florida Resident Special Offers

To receive the discounted offers for Florida Residents please enter in the state and zip code of your billing address. (Florida Residency will also be verified on the Billing Information page upon checkout.)" That statement and verification is not on the Mardi Gras Power Pass page. Every year they have allowed non-residents to buy the Mardi Gras Power Pass. Of course that could change next week for all I know. But if you have already purchased the pass and the transaction went through via the website, then you will be allowed to redeem it.

jlcrawford
02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi
just found this forum and been reading for the last hour or so.
I am a UK resident and citizen but have recently bought a property in Kissimmee and intend to vist a few times each year.
I knew about the coke promo and checked it whilst in Florida - it stated for residents only and id would be asked for.
Reading these posts it would seem that for me the annual pass with a renewal option is the best choice and on AAA they dont limit to FL residents.
I would probably buy one of the Preferred passes but am unsure as to whether it can be renewed through AAA as their renewal voucher seems only to be valid for the Power Pass.
Also should I join AAA as I am not a member and would save $22 on the tickets - what is the best deal on aaa membership?

cheers

macraven
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
the cost of AAA membership varies.
what some pay others don't.
i think it is determined on which part of the country you live in.
i have no idea what membership in the floridian area where you will be can cost.

for chicagoland, I pay $40 a year for my basic membership.

there are more discount benefits to AAA members than just the park tickets at universal.

contact by email the main AAA website and ask for the office closest to your florida address.
you can find all this out by email.
then you can figure out if it is worth the membership for you.

check the UO website for ticket prices and passes.
once you have the info from AAA and the UO site, you will be able to judge which is the best way for you to purchase the pass.