PDA

View Full Version : checking in late

BkrsLoveDis!
01-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Anyone ever check in late and have a problem getting your room?

We've made multiple trips to WDW but this is the first time that we will be arriving after dinner and I am nervous about our room.

Please reassure me that everything will be ok (especially after reading another thread where someone is concerned about being downgraded!)

Thanks!
:confused3

Traveliz
01-15-2009, 08:22 AM
I have arrived after 1am three different times and have had no problems - twice at All Stars and once at the Poly.

Check in is a breeze then - they usually have your packet sitting out and ready.

Liz

Miffy
01-15-2009, 08:35 AM
There won't be a problem getting your room, but you might not get the room of your dreams and if you want another room location or whatever, you'll most likely have to wait at least a day to switch--unless your resort is pretty empty.

We had this happen to us once at AKL. They actually upgraded us to a deluxe room on the 5th floor, but we much prefer the 2nd floor, so we switched rooms the next day. They were completely booked, so were unable to move us the first night. I don't think this would have been as much of a problem if we had checked in early.

ktlm
01-15-2009, 12:16 PM
It was close to 9:00 p.m. in December when we checked in at WL and we got the 2 connecting woods view rooms we requested with no problems.

BkrsLoveDis!
01-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I have to remember that a bad room at Disney is better than a good day at home and work ANYDAY!!

Have a very Disney Day!

:)

TheRustyScupper
01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
1) You will get A room.
2) not necessarily the room your requested.
3) Others in the day could take your requested room.
4) But,
. . . you ARE at Disney
. . . you ARE in a Disney room

buzznina
01-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Unfortunitally I am like Traveliz, we usually do not arrive:moped: until around midnight and the last time around 3am. Like a PP mentioned, you have a lot less of a chance to get a requested area/building/room.