PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone "tour" the resorts?

jernysgirl
01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Has anyone spent the afternoon visiting the different resorts? We have never been and didn't know if it was something worth doing, and if so what is the easiest way to go about it??? :confused3 We plan on staying at CSR.

Obviously, I know you can eat at any of the restaurants, but didn't know if it was worth it to go and just sight-see. We will be going in Oct, so no Christmas decor up yet. Anything special to see this time of year? Which resorts are musts and which ones would you not waste your time on? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Thanks!

wdwrich
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Has anyone spent the afternoon visiting the different resorts? We have never been and didn't know if it was something worth doing, and if so what is the easiest way to go about it??? We plan on staying at CSR.
Absolutely! Plan to visit GF, Poly, CR (all on the monorail) as well as WL, AKL, BWI and BC/YC. Basically, all the deluxes are worth a look.

LadyZolt
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Each resort has its own "theme," so I definitely have toured some of them (haven't seen them all yet, but want to!) and I'd recommend doing it if you have the time. Definitely do all three monorail resorts because it's fun to ride the monorail, too. LOL! The EPCOT resorts -- Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin are also good ones to visit. Whatever you decide, have a great time! :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Mr. Baloo
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
ab-a-so-lut-tily!!!!!!!!!

We visit the resorts, paruse the gift shops and just check the place out.... now that we have stayed at most of the resorts, we dont do this as much, but we used to visit and dream of the day we actually stay there....

It leads to a nice relaxing day.

disney pro
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I have toured the resorts before but only at Christmas. There are some pretty cool resorts, some that you might want to stop in are The AKL, WL, GF, CR, and Poly, don't know about the rest. As for eating at the restaurants you can eat at other resorts than the one you are staying at, but if you want to eat at one of the higher price restaurants you will need reservations. Good Luck.

jernysgirl
01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks everyone!!! :yay:

Now can someone provide me with some info on how we get to some of the resorts? I would assume that we will need to get to T&TC from where ever we are and from there we can get to all of the resorts right?

Thanks for educating the newbie! :goodvibes

wdwrich
01-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Now can someone provide me with some info on how we get to some of the resorts? I would assume that we will need to get to T&TC from where ever we are and from there we can get to all of the resorts right?

No, resort transportation for the most part does not connect with the TTC. You transfer at a theme park (preferred) or DTD for most resort-to-resort travel. The MK monorail resorts are easy- just ride the monorail between them. Some other resorts are within easy walking distance of each other (YC/BC, BWI, Swan, Dolphin).

Goofy'slady
01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes, we've toured resorts before, especially if we're dining there. That's one of our ways of enjoying the resort and checking it out for a possible future stay. This year I hope to squeeze in 1-2 resort tours.

T.

Buzz2001
01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
The monorail ones are the easiest. Just take the bus to MK and walk up the ramp to the monorail. Then when you are done, you can come back down and take the boat to the WL. From their take a bus to DHS and take a boat to the Swan/Dolphin, BW and Y&BC.

jernysgirl
01-14-2009, 03:21 PM
The monorail ones are the easiest. Just take the bus to MK and walk up the ramp to the monorail. Then when you are down you can come back down and take the boat to the WL. From their take a bus to DHS and take a boat to the Swan/Dolphin, BW and Y&BC.

:faint: :faint: :faint: So, I know this will be easier once we are there are can visualize a little more, but man this sounds like we are going in circles! :rotfl:

Buzz2001
01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
:faint: :faint: :faint: So, I know this will be easier once we are there are can visualize a little more, but man this sounds like we are going in circles! :rotfl:If you have the time of course.

MickeyNicki
01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
We have done that around the holidays, its more fun when you have a drink at every bar in every resort :rotfl2:

kaffinito
01-14-2009, 04:29 PM
The monorail ones are the easiest. Just take the bus to MK and walk up the ramp to the monorail. Then when you are done, you can come back down and take the boat to the WL. From their take a bus to DHS and take a boat to the Swan/Dolphin, BW and Y&BC.

I agree - that is the most pleasant and relaxing way to tour that area! :thumbsup2 But I took the boat from Epcot to the resorts, not from DHS. I'll have to try the DHS route this trip - heck maybe for kicks I'll do the route backwards!

To the OP, yes, resort hopping is a really fun way to spend the afternoon or some down time. WDW transportation comes in many forms, monorail, bus and boat, so picking the most fun way to get from point A to point B is fun in and of itself. That's what Buzz was talking about - a really good route for hopping!

But don't forget about the mods - CSR, POR/POFQ and CBR. They are definitely worth taking a look at too! :)

Buzz2001
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
We have done that around the holidays, its more fun when you have a drink at every bar in every resort :rotfl2:Now your talking!!

Disney Princess
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
:faint: :faint: :faint: So, I know this will be easier once we are there are can visualize a little more, but man this sounds like we are going in circles! :rotfl:

We love touring the resorts. You wouldn't have to do them all in one day either. If you are at a park one morning, you could tour the resorts close to that park that day. So do your MK resorts (WL, CR, Poly, GF) that day and then on an Epcot and/or DHS day do S/D, BC/YC and BW.

The deluxe resorts are easiest to visit because they are located so close to theme parks. If you want to visit mods, you'd have to bus from a park to each one. Still could be fun, but that might take a bit of time.

Have fun touring!!!:goodvibes