PDA

View Full Version : New girl here!

Head_in_the_clouds
01-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Hello everybody,

I've been browsing DIS for about a year but decided today to make it official and join! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

So now I'm officially out there as a Disney obsessive. Everyone who knows me would agree its long overdue! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

kaylajr
01-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Welcome to the DIS:thumbsup2

Metro West
01-14-2009, 05:39 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/10.gif

MAGICFOR2
01-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Welcome! Hope you have fun with your planning for your next WDW trip!

If you look around you'll find threads to resorts, park planning, etc. It's really fun to find some trip reports so you can "travel" along with them while you plan your trip! The "stickies" at the top of this page are really helpful - especially getting the abbreviations down so you know what everyone is talking about!:goodvibes

YesMickey
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
You will be amazed at how Disney has changed since your last visit. I personally spent my whole young adult life thinking people my age were crazy to go to Disney with no kids. This was mainly due to roughing it at Disney as a kid, camping, sack lunches etc., and not really having a very magical time due to not having much money. My last visit prior to going twice in '06 was '88 or so, EPCOT's countries area was only half complete, and well actually pretty boring. I had plenty of opportunities as a young adult to go and fully enjoy it with my wife before kids and never did. What a mistake. Disney is now MY favorite vacation spot, and everytime I leave, I get a little depressed and try to figure out how I will get back there. Good Luck planning your trip, and have fun.:thumbsup2

mooneyda
01-14-2009, 08:22 AM
welcome! I am sure you will find a lot of useful information here.

MarkinNM
01-14-2009, 08:55 AM
:welcome:

TONS of info and TONS of friendly people too!!!

ENJOY!!!

familygirlsc
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I am new as well trying to earn my ears!!

Head_in_the_clouds
01-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Thankyou everyone, I feel very welcome :flower3:

I will be sure to check everything out. I've been visiting the world pretty much every year (sometimes twice - yay) for the past 15 years so I've pretty much grown up at WDW (although of course Disney fans NEVER grow up lol!). There are new things every year and, as an adult, its great to create new traditions each time I visit. From browsing DIS I see that there is still SO much I didn't know. It's great that we get to share our happy memories and tips here - it keeps the magic alive until the next vacation.

Anyone else enjoy WDW more now then they did as a kid?!

Tiggerbounce24
01-19-2009, 03:52 AM
:welcome:

DWFan4Life
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Welcome to DIS boards. I'm also a newbie here and I really got useful info from other members on their threads. I also enjoyed reading different experiences and tips. Hope you can catch those threads. Have a nice day. :)