PDA

View Full Version : Another Unofficial Chatterbox Thread- Everyone is Welcome!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Don't adjust that TV set because it's time for another unofficial chatterbox thread! Everyone is Welcome! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2emfl1u.jpg

And now a brief message from one of our proud sponsors....brought to you by Sameyeyam Incorporated

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lj0osp.jpg

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 01:10 AM
hi :) This is my first time joining the unofficial chatterbox thread. Since no one else has posted yet, I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself lol.

My name is Gina and I'm 35. I have a 13 yr old daughter. Due to medical problems I do not work. I use to work in the medical field though. I was a phlebotomist in a blood plasma center. (the liquid part of your blood. Its used to make medication)

I live next door to my parents. (This arrangement only works if you are very close to your parents. Thankfully I am. hahaha). My sister and soon to be brother in law (I refer to him as my BIL alot) live about 10 minutes away. We live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh PA.

I like to read, pen pals (the old fashioned pen/paper kind), scrapbooking, couponing/refunding.

I found the Disboards when we were planning our first trip in 2006. After my sister's wedding in April we are saving up to go back. I can't wait.

I hope to make a lot of friends on here. Right now I have none :(

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 01:20 AM
hi :) This is my first time joining the unofficial chatterbox thread. Since no one else has posted yet, I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself lol.

My name is Gina and I'm 35. I have a 13 yr old daughter. Due to medical problems I do not work. I use to work in the medical field though. I was a phlebotomist in a blood plasma center. (the liquid part of your blood. Its used to make medication)

I live next door to my parents. (This arrangement only works if you are very close to your parents. Thankfully I am. hahaha). My sister and soon to be brother in law (I refer to him as my BIL alot) live about 10 minutes away. We live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh PA.

I like to read, pen pals (the old fashioned pen/paper kind), scrapbooking, couponing/refunding.

I found the Disboards when we were planning our first trip in 2006. After my sister's wedding in April we are saving up to go back. I can't wait.

I hope to make a lot of friends on here. Right now I have none :(

Hi Gina! Welcome to the thread :goodvibes Thanks for sharing! :) I've made some good friends on the DIS boards. I used to just read around the boards and tried to help with questions once in a while. Then one day I started chatting with some fellow DIS members and we all got to know each other. We hung out a few times at DL and I couldn't ask for a sweeter and cooler bunch of friends. :) We hope to get to know you and a few of us do like scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook but haven't had the time. Some of the ladies are also big on coupons so you'll fit right in! :rotfl: :goodvibes

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks :) I did spend some time earlier on the scrapbooking board. I also posted a link to get 75 free pictures printed from kodak gallery for first time customers. I'm sure that will win me some brownie points :rotfl: Just kidding I only posted it because I wanted to share it not for the brownie points.

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 01:23 AM
BTW, my name is Rochelle and everyone calls me Pix, Pixster or Pixie for short. I'm 28 years old and I have a boyfriend but we do not have any children. I live in So Cal and Disneyland is my stress reliever...or it also could be due to the fact that I am addicted to dole whip floats. :rolleyes1 :)

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks :) I did spend some time earlier on the scrapbooking board. I also posted a link to get 75 free pictures printed from kodak gallery for first time customers. I'm sure that will win me some brownie points :rotfl: Just kidding I only posted it because I wanted to share it not for the brownie points.

Wow! That's a cool bargain :thumbsup2 I usually upload pics to Costco's website or Walmart's website and pick them up from there. I've been meaning to scrapbook again but I haven't had the time to do it. I still have pictures from 2 years ago that I haven't developed. :scared:

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 01:29 AM
I still have pictures from my trip to WDW in 2006 to print. We took way too many pictures. Between 2 cameras and the photopass we took over 1500 pictures easy! lol.

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 01:32 AM
I still have pictures from my trip to WDW in 2006 to print. We took way too many pictures. Between 2 cameras and the photopass we took over 1500 pictures easy! lol.

:rotfl: I haven't been to WDW in years. I hope to go back some day. I've been there 2 times with family and we had a blast. :)

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Good lord, I didn't realize it was past midnight. :eek: I better get to bed or I won't wake up tomorrow. Goodnight and it was nice meeting you! :)

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm on the East coast so its easier to go to the WDW than DisneyLand. We'll get back there either next year or the year after. We are anxious to go back!

XTinabell
01-14-2009, 05:07 AM
I think a high chair is unnecessary.. The baby can sit anywhere and eat. I used my bouncy seat for a long time with Alex. There are so many things that are NICE to have, and make things easier... But it CAN be done without them.

Im trying to think of what we have.. blankets are a must. babies love a good tight burrito wrap.. sheets for the crib.. a waterproof pad for the mattress. a bumper for the crib. hats!! She will need some little baby hats!! Onsies, and sleepers.. all the little outfits are cute, but again, not necessary. Plus, babies grow out of them with a quickness. Anyways.. those just might be a few things that she hadnt thought of.
I was going to buy her a bumper for the crib and some sheets because I know she doesn't have that but I didn't know how big her crib was so I didn't.
How often do you bathe a new baby? She doesn't have a bathtub so I'm thinking they will have to buy the baby a plastic one?
Bummer to have your ring breaking already.. did you find the stone or will it need to be replaced?

Baby stuff, I agree they don't need much -- it's the parents, friends and family that love to doll them up with pretty clothes and the newest gadgets. :laughing:

Place to sleep, something to eat, and a clean bottom .. they will be happy as lil clams. :goodvibes

The basics:
receiving blankets
diapers/ wipes/ gentle soap
onesies , sleepers or gowns
bottles and formula if not nursing

Car seat if they plan to travel in a car or on a plane.

I can see not wanting to get too much stuff, but if she is staying for the entire first year of baby life.. she might want it anyway.
It's that first year where you want "stuff" to make your life easier. After that it's easy to downsize to the basics.
No I can't find the stone, I've looked everywhere. It's pretty tiny so I'm not sure if it was lodged in my foot if I would even notice it.

Okay, so I will get her some receiving blankets if I can find, I think the other stuff she'll likely get at the shower and she hasn't decided yet if she wants to breast feed.

You guys are the best, so helpful.

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Good Morning! Happy Hump Day! I had oatmeal from Starbucks for breakfast. I also got a Peppermint Mocha Twist. Yummy! The oatmeal was oatmeal but you can get brown sugar, dried fruit or nuts to mix it it. I had brown sugar and dried fruit. If I hadn't of had a gift card I wouldn't have even gone. I can't see spending that much on coffee or oatmeal, but I got two Starbucks gift cards for Christmas. One of my good freinds goes there every morning! I told her is she stopped she would lose weight and save money but she still goes every day.

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Don't adjust that TV set because it's time for another unofficial chatterbox thread! Everyone is Welcome! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2:

And now a brief message from one of our proud sponsors....brought to you by Sameyeyam Incorporated

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lj0osp.jpg

Good job Pix as always! Love the Dalmatian TV thingie.. cute.. and of course our sponsor got a little air time. :thumbsup2

Alison will be so proud! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I can't see spending that much on coffee or oatmeal, but I got two Starbucks gift cards for Christmas. One of my good freinds goes there every morning! I told her is she stopped she would lose weight and save money but she still goes every day.

Hello!
yeah it's pricey stuff.. but mmmmm it's good to splurge on occasion.
Not as many Starbucks here, we have more of Caribou Coffee which is a MN based company.
They use to do this really good Mexican chocolate for hot chocolate and mochas, you would order it as "wild" Mexican Mocha and they would add extra spices to make it zippy. Alas, it is no more. Their sugar free flavor options taste bland compared to Starbucks (or even GASP McDonald's.. shhhhh ).

Starbucks can be found inside of Barnes and Noble or Super Target, the stand alone cafes are inside of bigger malls (Mall of America) and in busy areas (downtown)

Sometimes we get B1G1 Starbucks' coupons with our receipt at Super Target, nice to slurp at half price wandering thru the end caps with hubby. :laughing:

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Christina:

Bathing baby.. sponge bath until the cord dries up and falls off. After that tub baths (or even take the lil one in with you in the shower) every few days. They don't need daily baths, it just dries out the delicate skin. The plastic tubs are a matter of personal choice, you can just as easily bathe in the kitchen/ bath sink.. or carefully in the shower -- they get very slippery. :laughing:

Cribs are standard sized and any brand of crib sheets/ mattress cover / bumpers should fit.
Unless it's something unique like those round beds or if things are different in your neck of the woods?? :confused3

JessR
01-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I am hoping to get back to WDW this summer :thumbsup2

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Lucky duck! I've never been.
I lived 40 miutes away from DL last year, I miss it terribly.. stuck in frozen land (by choice) yet again. :laughing:

dizzyami
01-14-2009, 10:32 AM
:laundy:

XTinabell
01-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Christina:

Bathing baby.. sponge bath until the cord dries up and falls off. After that tub baths (or even take the lil one in with you in the shower) every few days. They don't need daily baths, it just dries out the delicate skin. The plastic tubs are a matter of personal choice, you can just as easily bathe in the kitchen/ bath sink.. or carefully in the shower -- they get very slippery. :laughing:

Cribs are standard sized and any brand of crib sheets/ mattress cover / bumpers should fit.
Unless it's something unique like those round beds or if things are different in your neck of the woods?? :confused3

Oh okay! I'll let her know about the bathing thing, last time we talked she didn't know how bathing worked. I don't think she's reading any mothering books, I guess she's going to wing it. But bringing the baby in the shower with her will probably be what she'll want to do since she doesn't want to buy too much stuff.

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Good Morning! Happy Hump Day!

Are you saying today is bow-chicka-bow-wow day? :eek: Was this a holiday declared by Staley? J/k! :rotfl:

Good job Pix as always! Love the Dalmatian TV thingie.. cute.. and of course our sponsor got a little air time. :thumbsup2

Alison will be so proud! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks Bernice! I can't wait until Alison sees it! :teeth: :lmao:

I am hoping to get back to WDW this summer :thumbsup2

Hello! Welcome to our thread. :goodvibes

:laundy:

DIZZY!!!! How are you? I miss you! :hug:

Christina-How are you? Hope you are doing well :)

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Lucky duck! I've never been.
I lived 40 miutes away from DL last year, I miss it terribly.. stuck in frozen land (by choice) yet again. :laughing:

You chose tormenting those poor Domino's pizza guys over DL! :snooty: :rotfl: :lmao:

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I saw a commercial on TV Monday night for some sort of Disney outlet in Lancaster (the next city over). My mom went up there last night and it is a Disneyland outlet. She said they had tons of stuff for very cheap. The gold 50th anniversary mickey ears hat for $1.00! Shirts for $3.00. I'm going to try to go up there on my lunch but I hope I'll have enough time to look. They are only going to be there until Feb. 8th. I've never heard of such a store.

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Where is everyone?

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
"You rotten sister! Your butt is crushing me! Why do you have to act so weird?"

Okay, this is from my Disney Page A Day Desk Calendar. Who said it?

staley7580
01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I was going to buy her a bumper for the crib and some sheets because I know she doesn't have that but I didn't know how big her crib was so I didn't.
How often do you bathe a new baby? She doesn't have a bathtub so I'm thinking they will have to buy the baby a plastic one?

No I can't find the stone, I've looked everywhere. It's pretty tiny so I'm not sure if it was lodged in my foot if I would even notice it.

Okay, so I will get her some receiving blankets if I can find, I think the other stuff she'll likely get at the shower and she hasn't decided yet if she wants to breast feed.

You guys are the best, so helpful.
What Bernice said..
Christina:

Yeah... That!:lmao: I also just take the babies into the bath with me. Its just lovely to relax in the tub while holding your little baby..:love: If she takes the bouncy seat in the bathroom, she can set the baby in that while she gets in and out of the tub.. That way there is no worry of falling with baby. Of course.... that MIGHT just be me... Seeing as how I can trip over air. :rolleyes1 :lmao:
Oh okay! I'll let her know about the bathing thing, last time we talked she didn't know how bathing worked. I don't think she's reading any mothering books, I guess she's going to wing it. But bringing the baby in the shower with her will probably be what she'll want to do since she doesn't want to buy too much stuff.
Geesh.. She isnt prepared at all, is she? Maybe the best thing you can giver her is a swift kick in the head. :lmao:

DUH! Lilo.

staley7580
01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
IM hungry.. Think it is too soon to start dinner? Im making manicotti. YUM!! It is so GOOD.

staley7580
01-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Manicotti is in the oven. Im so hungry just thinking about it.. To bad it wont be ready..FOREVER!!:sad1:

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
I saw a commercial on TV Monday night for some sort of Disney outlet in Lancaster (the next city over). My mom went up there last night and it is a Disneyland outlet. She said they had tons of stuff for very cheap. The gold 50th anniversary mickey ears hat for $1.00! Shirts for $3.00. I'm going to try to go up there on my lunch but I hope I'll have enough time to look. They are only going to be there until Feb. 8th. I've never heard of such a store.

I got a postcard in the mail that said there was one in Thousand Oaks but it's only open until Feb 1st. I went there and got 4 track jackets that I had seen at DL (they cost $48/EA). They were only $15.99/EA. and I also saw those dessert plates they had with the princess crowns on them. They were marked down to $5/EA and I remember those were popular and expensive when I saw them at DL. The only thing you have to be careful of is that they do not give refunds or exchanges.

LILO!! :woohoo:

staley7580
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Frelan is getting way excited for the babies to come. He was going over the baby stuff to make sure I put it all together right..:rolleyes: Why must men do that?? I had a baby all by myself, and put all of HIS stuff together ALL ALONE.. And he didnt fall out of anything. :lmao: Anyhow. He had the car seats out.. just looking at them..:love: He seriously cant wait for them to be full of babies. He was walking around singing.. Babies!! Babies, babies, babies.... cant wait for the babies!! What a geek!:rotfl2:

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
IM hungry.. Think it is too soon to start dinner? Im making manicotti. YUM!! It is so GOOD.

Sounds delicious :) I'm eating sour cream and onion toasted Ritz chips. They don't taste bad and are 40% less fattening than potato chips. I also have an Arizona Green Tea W/Ginger and Honey. I never thought I would like it but it's not bad.

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
He was walking around singing.. Babies!! Babies, babies, babies.... cant wait for the babies!! What a geek!:rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

eatmypixiedust
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Okie- just a quick post. Back to work I go. :pixiedust:

staley7580
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Hey Pix! My husband is such a geek! But there is just nothing he likes better then a little baby. He turns to goo. So pathetic. :sad2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 05:19 PM
What Bernice said..

Yeah... That!:lmao: I also just take the babies into the bath with me. Its just lovely to relax in the tub while holding your little baby..:love: If she takes the bouncy seat in the bathroom, she can set the baby in that while she gets in and out of the tub.. That way there is no worry of falling with baby. Of course.... that MIGHT just be me... Seeing as how I can trip over air. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Geesh.. She isnt prepared at all, is she? Maybe the best thing you can giver her is a swift kick in the head. :lmao:

DUH! Lilo.

:thumbsup2 If someone would have asked me I wouldn't have known. :rotfl:

I got a postcard in the mail that said there was one in Thousand Oaks but it's only open until Feb 1st. I went there and got 4 track jackets that I had seen at DL (they cost $48/EA). They were only $15.99/EA. and I also saw those dessert plates they had with the princess crowns on them. They were marked down to $5/EA and I remember those were popular and expensive when I saw them at DL. The only thing you have to be careful of is that they do not give refunds or exchanges.

LILO!! :woohoo:

My mom said she got me a set of plates but I think they are Holiday ones. I didn't make it up there at lunch but maybe tomorrow. Oh, she got me a Tinkerbell shirt too. I really want to look for a jacket or hoodie.

staley7580
01-14-2009, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup2 If someone would have asked me I wouldn't have known. :rotfl:

My mom said she got me a set of plates but I think they are Holiday ones. I didn't make it up there at lunch but maybe tomorrow. Oh, she got me a Tinkerbell shirt too. I really want to look for a jacket or hoodie.

My husband and kids are total Lilo and Stitch fans. Just dont ask us about any of the classic Disney movies. I dont think I have even seen Cinderella!

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
My husband and kids are total Lilo and Stitch fans. Just dont ask us about any of the classic Disney movies. I dont think I have even seen Cinderella!

I remember the older ones but I haven't seen any new ones since about 4 years ago when DBF's DD went to live with her mom. I love Little Mermaid and Alladin and Lion King. It's not that I haven't wanted too but I can't get DBF to go to a cartoon with me and I don't do movies by myself. Well actually we did see Ratatollie. How ever you spell it.

staley7580
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I remember the older ones but I haven't seen any new ones since about 4 years ago when DBF's DD went to live with her mom. I love Little Mermaid and Alladin and Lion King. It's not that I haven't wanted too but I can't get DBF to go to a cartoon with me and I don't do movies by myself. Well actually we did see Ratatollie. How ever you spell it.

it does help having small beasties around. I think I have seen all the newer Disney cartoony-type movies. Shoot. I think we have them all. :lmao:

MotoXPrincess99
01-14-2009, 06:01 PM
it does help having small beasties around. I think I have seen all the newer Disney cartoony-type movies. Shoot. I think we have them all. :lmao:

My mom still has all of my old Disney VHS tapes.

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
We've stopped at the Character Warehouse Outlet every few months last year, some vists were better than others to find deals. Isn't it funny they are still trying to sell 50th stuff like the ears and the plates?

After awhile they will tire of trying to sell as single pieces.. then you land the deals of buy one get 2 free. :thumbsup2 I got a bunch of small candy tins that way one year.

I've read the manager doesn't like the light chaser toys, they are always very cheap, one time it was buy 1 get 4 free .. desperate much? :lmao:

The one near DL even had pins for sale. Good for traders.
If there is something you really like, buy it that day.. chances are it won't be there later. Hubby loves the tote bag he bought, big and sturdy canvas. Went back the next week to pick up more --- poof they were all gone.

We won't ever have the temp stores, too far away and MN is considered WDW territory for advertising. Which is kinda funny, they say the line of DL vs WDW focus in ads is the Mississippi River.. but umm the river runs thru all of the metro area .. shouldn't we then get BOTH ad campiagns? :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Since we have teens now, we go to the Disney movies if hubby and I want to watch.. not because of the boys. :goodvibes

I typically don't like the "2" versions or others that go straight to DVD.. but I did catch the Tinkerbelle movie on the Dsiney channel. Actually hubby was watching it, got me hooked and we had to watch it again when it was reprised. Cute movie!

sameyeyam
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Where is everybody? I want to chat and nobody's here. Drat! Drat! and Double Drat!!

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I am here.

I went to the store today and saved about $40 with coupons!! I shopped at walmart. There was no sales or double coupons.

I'll be saving more this week too because Giant Eagle and Shop n Save has stuff on sale we eat. For some of those I have coupons for them. Those coupons will be doubled up to .99

I'm uploading pictures to be printed. I'm getting a lot of my disney pictures printed finally.

sameyeyam
01-14-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm so glad to see that Neilmed Sinus Rinse is finally getting the respect it deserves.:thumbsup2 It must be hard being a nasal rinse, everybody cringes when they hear about you. Poor little Neil Med. He will be so happy to know that...we love him, we really love him!:rotfl2:

sameyeyam
01-14-2009, 09:18 PM
I am here.

I went to the store today and saved about $40 with coupons!! I shopped at walmart. There was no sales or double coupons.

I'll be saving more this week too because Giant Eagle and Shop n Save has stuff on sale we eat. For some of those I have coupons for them. Those coupons will be doubled up to .99

I'm uploading pictures to be printed. I'm getting a lot of my disney pictures printed finally.

Hi Gina,

Nice to meet you, I'm Alison (the other couponer here). I can't post very fast because we only have dial up here at home. Plus I'm trying to download Java at the same time, so posting is going kind of slow tonight. Awesome on your coupons at Walmart. I work near several large stores, but it always seems like nobody can usually beat Walmart's prices and then using coupons on top of it.:thumbsup2

Alex2kMommy
01-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi, Gina. I'm called "Alex". :wave2:

I'm 46yo (and yes, I still have trouble saying that number, but it's getting easier), married and mom to two rowdy boys, DS8 and DS4. We live in the Seattle area. DH works in the technology sector, as did I until I became a SAHM when DS8 started kindergarten several years ago. :)

I have a few minutes here while DS4 is in the bath. He tends to be a wildman in the tub (or anywhere else, for that matter), so I tend to stick close. ;)

Alex2kMommy
01-14-2009, 09:24 PM
DS8 came home from school today jabbering on about the Great Wolf Lodge. I gather somebody in his class just went and talked about it, and several other kids had been as well.

DS8: Mama! Did you know it has a water park???
Me: Yup.
DS8: It is soooo cool! I wanna go! Can we go? I really wanna go! :hyper:
Me: Well, probably. Not right now, though. :lmao:

sameyeyam
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Suppose I can tell you a little about me. I live in Washington state, a little bit north of Portland, Oregon. I was born in Calif., but moved here when I was 5. I used to spe, nd every summer at my grandparent's who lived in So. Cali. So lots of Disneyland trips as a kid.

My sister lives in Florida, about 1 hour away from WDW, so we try to get there to visit when we can.

I'm married, two kids (16yo daughter and 10yo son). I work full time as an accountant and love my job. I'm a 2-1/2 year breast cancer survivor (well obviously a survivor, or I wouldn't be on here talking to you now would I?:lmao: ). I'm also the resident smart alec!:lmao:

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I am here.

Awesomeness!
Hello and welocme to the hyenas, I'm Bernice and I live in the frozen land of many lakes.
I found a Walmart where the cashiers don't roll their eyes, start hmmphing and say something sassy when I pull out my binder. :lmao:

No doubles here in MN. We do have Rainbow but it's only on Wednesdays, you need $25 order after coupons and only 5 coupons double. Too much work for very little gain, so I don't bother.

I shop primarily at Cub (they also own Albertson's, Super Valu branded supplier). In my area I can use expireds up to 3 months back, awesome deals to be found.
Couponing is my "job". :upsidedow

I'm married to a wonderful man who is teaching middle school science. He also dialyzes at home 6 days a week, I'm his helper-- battling with drain lines and oops I forgot close that clamp puddles.
We have two boys 12 and 15, and a naughty cat with many toes that has a fondness for biting tubing. :headache: :laughing:

staley7580
01-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey Gals... What a night here. I was sitting on the couch after eating dinner and checking the mail... All of the sudden I was projectile vomiting my way down the hallway into the bathroom. :headache: I dont know what the heck happened! Mikalah was like... Ewwwwww... Mommy barfed on my shoes!:scared1: :lmao: I totally did. :rotfl2: But Im fine now. It was a little scary, just came on super quick. :confused3

THEN.. My hubby runs down to Walmart to pick up some stuff, and this pregnant woman came up to him.. crying... asking if she could wash his windows for money. My TOTALLY LAID BACK, NEVER rude, NEVER says anything to anyone husband... Starts yelling at this woman. MY wife is pregnant with TWINS, AND I have two OTHER kids at home! PLUS my hours have been cut. So why dont you get a JOB! :eek: OMG. NEVER.. EVER.. has he done this. He said he was just sick of people doing that to him.

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 10:40 PM
I have a coupon binder too! Lol Too funny.
Did you know walmart takes internet printed coupons? :woohoo: I used one tonight no problems. Awesome.

I'm a disabled single mom of a 13 yr old. I have way too much free time! lol

staley7580
01-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Did you know walmart takes internet printed coupons?

I think I have heard that they dont. But I could be WAY off.

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey Gals... What a night here. I was sitting on the couch after eating dinner and checking the mail... All of the sudden I was projectile vomiting my way down the hallway into the bathroom. :headache: I dont know what the heck happened! Mikalah was like... Ewwwwww... Mommy barfed on my shoes!:scared1: :lmao: I totally did. :rotfl2: But Im fine now. It was a little scary, just came on super quick. :confused3

THEN.. My hubby runs down to Walmart to pick up some stuff, and this pregnant woman came up to him.. crying... asking if she could wash his windows for money. My TOTALLY LAID BACK, NEVER rude, NEVER says anything to anyone husband... Starts yelling at this woman. MY wife is pregnant with TWINS, AND I have two OTHER kids at home! PLUS my hours have been cut. So why dont you get a JOB! :eek: OMG. NEVER.. EVER.. has he done this. He said he was just sick of people doing that to him.

I'm glad you are feeling better now. That had to of been scary for it to start all of the sudden. I think you owe Mikalah a new pair of shoes. :rotfl:

I can understand where your husband is coming from. A lot of people are trying to panhandle a lot. Its getting out of control.

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
oh wow on both accounts!

Do you think the vomit was in relation to the heartburn, more like re-gurge?

That's just weird , lots of bizarre things going on in parking lots and stores lately. I read some elderly man got scammed out of $9000 at a Home Depot lot.

Weird tactic to ask to wash windshield?? I see that more along the highway, not in a store lot.

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I think I have heard that they dont. But I could be WAY off.

On their website it says they do, and I used one today no problems :)

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Did you know walmart takes internet printed coupons? :woohoo: I used one tonight no problems. Awesome.

I'm a disabled single mom of a 13 yr old. I have way too much free time! lol

yep, I read it on A Full Cup website and added the coupon policy from Walmart's website to my binder.

I'm itching to pull it out and say .. BAM yes you DO take printables. ha- ha! :snooty: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

staley7580
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better now. That had to of been scary for it to start all of the sudden. I think you owe Mikalah a new pair of shoes. :rotfl:

I can understand where your husband is coming from. A lot of people are trying to panhandle a lot. Its getting out of control.
:lmao: I know, huh! She was NOT pleased with me.
oh wow on both accounts!

Do you think the vomit was in relation to the heartburn, more like re-gurge?

That's just weird , lots of bizarre things going on in parking lots and stores lately. I read some elderly man got scammed out of $9000 at a Home Depot lot.

Weird tactic to ask to wash windshield?? I see that more along the highway, not in a store lot.

I have NO idea what happened! I have never, in my life not been able to make it to the bathroom.

I dont know what was up with it, but he was HOT. He is SO not the one to act like that, you know?

Jennasmomma
yep, I read it on A Full Cup website and added the coupon policy from Walmart's website to my binder.

I'm itching to pull it out and say .. BAM yes you DO take printables. ha- ha! :snooty: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I did the same thing!!! I had the print out ready to hand to her too! It doesnt take much to entertain me lol.

What is your user name on a full cup? Mine is this one.

funnygarcia
wahhhh, it's time for bed.

I miss being in the same time zone.

staley7580
01-14-2009, 10:49 PM
On their website it says they do, and I used one today no problems :)
:thumbsup2 Awesome! I dont do much wiht coupons. Heck.. I dont do much but lay on the couch watching TV these days. :lmao:

:rotfl2: I KNOW you are!

staley7580
01-14-2009, 10:50 PM
wahhhh, it's time for bed.

I miss being in the same time zone.

Poop.

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:51 PM
What is your user name on a full cup? Mine is this one.

Same as here, but I don't post very often. Occasionally on the Cub thread if I find something not listed, or to share what I did.

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM
i awmm mmm brushin mmm tee

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM
time tio spit.. :lmao: :lmao:

staley7580
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
:crazy2:

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:57 PM
:crazy2::lmao: :lmao: Thought you would enjoy that!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

okay, I'm off and away. E gets crabby if I stay up late, blames me when he has trouble sleeping-- what ever.......:snooty:

Sniffle sniffle, I will read it all in the morning. Leave me some good stuff to read okay? :flower3:

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 10:58 PM
My DD is home sick. She's coughing with such force she pulled a muscle. Poor kid.

There is a 2 hr delay for school tomorrow. We have about 2 to 3 inches of snow. Plus tomorrow is suppose to be the coldest day of the season so far.

funnygarcia
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
My DD is home sick. She's coughing with such force she pulled a muscle. Poor kid.

There is a 2 hr delay for school tomorrow. We have about 2 to 3 inches of snow. Plus tomorrow is suppose to be the coldest day of the season so far.
no delays as I live in Twin Cities metro area-- we never close.. but yeah, coldest day.. sigh, I hate winter again. :mad:

Jennasmomma
01-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm in Pittsburgh. We freak when it snows and its cold. lol. They like to delay school so they dont make kidcicles in the morning :rotfl:

I hate winter too. I love spring.. not too hot not too cold.

Alex2kMommy
01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
don't count on that unless you know for sure. one of my girlfriends bought furniture in germany, and when they moved back to the US the linens were all a different size and the furniture was just too large for her home.

I also just take the babies into the bath with me. Its just lovely to relax in the tub while holding your little baby..:love: If she takes the bouncy seat in the bathroom, she can set the baby in that while she gets in and out of the tub.. That way there is no worry of falling with baby. Of course.... that MIGHT just be me... Seeing as how I can trip over air. :rolleyes1 :lmao:
she can also put the baby in the bouncy seat when she bathes/showers by herself. for some reason ds8 used to scream when he couldn't see me, so i'd bring him into the bathroom and park him right next to me. he still cried, but at least could see me. :lovestruc

Mommy barfed on my shoes!:scared1: :lmao: I totally did. :rotfl2: But Im fine now. It was a little scary, just came on super quick. :confused3
ewww! when we were teenagers, my sister barfed in my shoes once. last time i let her borrow any of my shoes... :lmao:

the weather forecast shows snow for this area on saturday. ds8 was :woohoo: :rotfl:

i said, 'what, you want more snow days' and he said yes. 'and more days to make up at the end of the school year' he said, 'oh. ummm, NO.' :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
i'm watching LOST. and i'm... well, lost! :rotfl2:

i don't like it when shows do the "we're in the past, now we're in the future, now we're in the present, now we're in the past..." AAAAAGH, I can't keep it all straight!!! :scared1:

staley7580
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
she can also put the baby in the bouncy seat when she bathes/showers by herself. for some reason ds8 used to scream when he couldn't see me, so i'd bring him into the bathroom and park him right next to me. he still cried, but at least could see me. :lovestruc

I used to do that too.. Shoot.. Mikalah still sits by the tub when I take a bath. Or gets in the tub while I am getting my bath stuff together and letting the tub fill up. :lmao:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
i'm watching LOST. and i'm... well, lost! :rotfl2:

i don't like it when shows do the "we're in the past, now we're in the future, now we're in the present, now we're in the past..." AAAAAGH, I can't keep it all straight!!! :scared1:

I dont even bother. That is one of those shows you have to start from the beginning.. and I didnt.

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:04 AM
no, i didn't either. we watched it hit and miss, about every 3rd or 4th episode and tried to make sense. but i think even when you watched all the episodes it still didn't make a lot of sense. :rotfl2:

i don't know why i'm watching it now. :confused3

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
no, i didn't either. we watched it hit and miss, about every 3rd or 4th episode and tried to make sense. but i think even when you watched all the episodes it still didn't make a lot of sense. :rotfl2:

i don't know why i'm watching it now. :confused3

Thats what I hear!:lmao: I have CSI New York on. BUT. Im not watching it, because I dont turn around so well anymore. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:10 AM
dang it. here i am again, 10 minutes to 11, hungry... thinking about those stoopid chocolate muffins. :headache:

i hate eating right before bed... but then i am ravenous when i wake, or sometimes wake up early because i'm so hungry! :rotfl:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:13 AM
holy crap! they just showed a clip of the season premiere, which will air next week. :eek: :scared1:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
dang it. here i am again, 10 minutes to 11, hungry... thinking about those stoopid chocolate muffins. :headache:

i hate eating right before bed... but then i am ravenous when i wake, or sometimes wake up early because i'm so hungry! :rotfl:

Mmmhhhhmmm.. I hear ya! I wake up hungry almost every morning. STARVING. Im hungry too.. might have some more of that manicotti I made for dinner. It was GOOD. To bad most of it ended up on my hallway floor. :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:17 AM
oh geez. a waste of good manicotti? :lmao:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:18 AM
oh geez. a waste of good manicotti? :lmao:

Im sayin! It was the hardest part of the whole thing. :sad2: :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:21 AM
ah well... room for seconds. :rotfl2:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:23 AM
ah well... room for seconds. :rotfl2:

;) Indeed. Is it bad that I was thinking JUST that same thing while sitting on the bathroom floor? :lmao: :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
:rotfl2:

man. this has really taken you through the wringer, hasn't it? as much as i am eager for this to all be over for you, and eager to see the little beasties, a little more incubation would be a good thing. ;)

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:30 AM

man. this has really taken you through the wringer, hasn't it? as much as i am eager for this to all be over for you, and eager to see the little beasties, a little more incubation would be a good thing. ;)

Yup. In some ways... Im glad that this has been so rough. It TOTALLY makes me glad that this is the end of my baby having days, you know? And really.. As far as twin pregnancies go, Im having an easy time with it. But DANG. Im huge. I hurt. I dont poop... but yet I pee every 5 minutes. I cant sleep at night.. I have killer heartburn, and I messed up my hip walking to the bathroom! I give. These babies are killing me. :lmao: :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:34 AM
yeah, they've definitely taken over, haven't they? they're not even born and they're already in charge! :lmao:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
yeah, they've definitely taken over, haven't they? they're not even born and they're already in charge! :lmao:

I know it! Stinky ole things!! :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:38 AM
oooo. news talking about an 8yo suspended from school who was arrested and taken away in handcuffs. :eek:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
oooo. news talking about an 8yo suspended from school who was arrested and taken away in handcuffs. :eek:

For WHAT??

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:45 AM
apparently she has aspergers (a milder form of autism) and went to school wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was part of a cow costume complete with udder and tail. the teacher said she'd have to remove it, and she refused. i don't know if they tried to force her somehow, but she resisted physically, and the teacher wound up having to hold her. the girl was beating on the teacher, so she called the office, who i think called the police. the girl was taken away in handcuffs and held at the jail for over an hour! her mom was absolutely frantic, i would be, too.

the parents are probably going to sue, it sounds like. :sad2:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:49 AM
apparently she has aspergers (a milder form of autism) and went to school wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was part of a cow costume complete with udder and tail. the teacher said she'd have to remove it, and she refused. i don't know if they tried to force her somehow, but she resisted physically, and the teacher wound up having to hold her. the girl was beating on the teacher, so she called the office, who i think called the police. the girl was taken away in handcuffs and held at the jail for over an hour! her mom was absolutely frantic, i would be, too.

the parents are probably going to sue, it sounds like. :sad2:

Oy... my nephew has Aspergers, and my sister had to hold him down more then once.. for hours. Im surprised they took her to jail, but they probably had no idea what else to do.

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Oy... my nephew has Aspergers, and my sister had to hold him down more then once.. for hours. Im surprised they took her to jail, but they probably had no idea what else to do.
apparently a school official told the news station that their actions were in accordance with the child's learning plan or behavior plan or whatever they call it. they followed the proper procedure, and that was approved by her therapist. but the mom was sounding like she was unaware of what was in the doc. :confused3

staley7580
01-15-2009, 12:59 AM
apparently a school official told the news station that their actions were in accordance with the child's learning plan or behavior plan or whatever they call it. they followed the proper procedure, and that was approved by her therapist. but the mom was sounding like she was unaware of what was in the doc. :confused3

Hmmm.. I doubt that. From what I understand, they have meetings that include everyone. Parents, therapists, school folks.. and go over all that. I know my sis had them forever. but I could be way off here. It has happened before. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 12:59 AM
uff, i should get to bed. that dang alarm is gonna be blaring all too soon!
guess that means i'll skip that chocolate muffin... again. {sigh}

staley7580
01-15-2009, 01:00 AM
uff, i should get to bed. that dang alarm is gonna be blaring all too soon!
guess that means i'll skip that chocolate muffin... again. {sigh}

:lmao: Night! Maybe Ill watch Letterman. But probably not.

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
good night. get some rest if you can! :cloud9:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 07:23 AM
:cool2:

did I read that right and Christinas ring is broke? :scared1: OMG! I'm so sorry if I'm correct! If I'm not I'm an idiot.

Thanks for sending the link pixster.

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes you are right, a stone fell out. Hey stranger, we've missed you. :hug:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 09:37 AM
If it was my nephew taken away in handcuffs by the police, I would be helping my sis press legal action. There are other ways to de-escaluate an out of control 8 yr old child without involving the police. Think how much harm that caused to the child's social well being, she may devlop fears of police, her teachers. She may not want to return to school at all.

Yes there are restraint procedures written into IEPs, parents are requested to appear-- but sadly some do not come in to the meetings.
My sis has run into issues with her home district in regards to the lil guy, the teacher wanted her to sign a blank IEP.. she told them no way and handed it back. It's not her problem that the staff did not write up the IEP by the deadline required by law.
However, not every parent feels strong enough to argue with staff.. it could very well be that the restraint procedure was written later, without parental consent, but it does have a signature. That doesn't give them any legal standing with the district.

It's a terrible mess.

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys! Sorry I disappeared last night. But I was trying to download Java and it I couldn't post on the Dis at the same time. GRRRR!!!!

We are currently checking into faster internet options. Either satellite or another company that has a "tower" in our town. Neither ideal options and both of the major satellite companies make you sign 2 year agreements with hefty penalties. I have however heard you can buy your own equipment for Hughes Net and then call them and get service without a contract. Our options just suck, but it's becoming obvious that we need better internet service. Dial up is fine for me chatting on the Dis, but DD needs to do her online class, DH now has to go online to sign up for work. Frustrating!!

bbmommy
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Hello, I have been gone for so long, (now sucked into facebook) we leave soon and I was looking up some stuff, took me a while to find all this but HELLO!!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Jennasmomma
01-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone. its going on 1:30pm here. Just doing some stuff on the computer. I may scrapbook today. Not sure.

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Well made my high speed internet calls. One company that has a tower in our town will be out in 1-5 days to evaluate our site and see if we can get a signal. Keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't heard from the other company. The first company is highly recommended, but it just depends on where their towers are at if I can get service. It costs about the same as satellite service, but no long-term contracts, free equipment and installation.:thumbsup2

Made my call to Comcast. Of course they will call me back! It's very frustrating, the main cable lines into town go right across the front of our property. The Comcast trucks are always in our area working on the lines. But nobody on our hill can get cable!! I've even offered to pay to have cable lines run from their main line up to our house. So I know what there answer is, but I call every few months anyway!

Hughes Net is my last resort. It's better than dial up, runs about $70/month, $200 equipment cost and two year contract. I just hate being locked into a long-term contract.

Jennasmomma
01-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I have DSL for my internet. I get it thru verizon.

Well school had a 2 hour delay today. Its only 2:10pm and they have cancelled it for tomorrow! My daughter is happy. I kept her home the past 2 days because she was sick. She's feeling better now and they have a snow day tomorrow lol.

Oh and they have off Monday as well.

MotoXPrincess99
01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Good morning!

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Bummer about the internet connection, I wish you luck Alison.

That's odd that Comcast won't run a line to your property, it really doesn't take much for them to bring the equipment out and bury a cable to run up the road.
The phone companies do it all the time in my parent's area, they don't bury it that deep either. My mom went to go plant a bush and managed to whack the phone line-- oops! :laughing:

The company sent out a big equipment truck to fix it, guy laughed when he noticed it was just a small cable, not the big bundle- an easy fix of splicing and plopped back into the ground.. cover and pat.. pat . Took more time to drive all the way out there. :laughing:

N came home and said all the teachers and deans were mad that school wasn't cancelled. It's a densely populated residential area, thus lots of "walkers". The district makes you pay for bus if you live under 2 miles from the school, no bus service if less than one mile. it's very much a working class neighborhood, all just squeaking by on middle income or lower. We have several apartment buildings in the area, one very large complex about three blocks away. Frozen popsicle students this morning. Dangerous conditions for frostbite.. and you know how teenagers are about bundling up :rolleyes1

staley7580
01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Geesh.. I just woke up from the three hour nap I needed after my 5 minute trip to the Post Office. :rolleyes:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Did more research on the internet and found that we MIGHT have 3G connection with AT&T wireless. So went up to their store, got a USB laptop connector card ($100 with a $100 mail in rebate, so end cost $0). Signed up for a 2 year agreement at $60 per month. Much cheaper then satellite service!

I have 30 days to decide if it works for me. If we don't get good wireless, super duper high speed internet then I can return and only pay a $20 restocking fee.

I am either going to be on Cloud 9 this evening or totally bummed! The map shows 3G service on our hill. We are very close to I-5 and apparently AT&T is trying to make the 3G service go along all major freeways! WooHoo for us if it's true!!!!:dance3:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Did more research on the internet and found that we MIGHT have 3G connection with AT&T wireless. So went up to their store, got a USB laptop connector card ($100 with a $100 mail in rebate, so end cost $0). Signed up for a 2 year agreement at $60 per month. Much cheaper then satellite service!

I have 30 days to decide if it works for me. If we don't get good wireless, super duper high speed internet then I can return and only pay a $20 restocking fee.

I am either going to be on Cloud 9 this evening or totally bummed! The map shows 3G service on our hill. We are very close to I-5 and apparently AT&T is trying to make the 3G service go along all major freeways! WooHoo for us if it's true!!!!:dance3:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Awesome!

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Two weeks from today I will be sitting on a cruise ship in the WARM weather.:banana: :banana: I am SO EXCITED!!!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Two weeks from today I will be sitting on a cruise ship in the WARM weather.:banana: :banana: I am SO EXCITED!!!

Shut up. :snooty:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Lucky woman!!

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Lucky woman!!

You do not know just how much I need this vacation! Except for my weekend trip to DL, the I've pretty much spent all of my vacation time in hospitals the last couple of years. It's going to be so strange to not be on vacation with the kids. I don't know if I can even remember what it's like to have a vacation without kids.:confused3 :rotfl: I keep catching myself looking at all of the stuff on their website and trying to plan as if the kids were with me.:rotfl:

Jennasmomma
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Good luck with your internet problems.

Lucky duck about the cruise. I'm just jealous of the warm weather.. I get sea sick lol.

Wow this thread gets busy quick already on 8 pages lol

staley7580
01-15-2009, 04:44 PM
You do not know just how much I need this vacation! Except for my weekend trip to DL, the I've pretty much spent all of my vacation time in hospitals the last couple of years. It's going to be so strange to not be on vacation with the kids. I don't know if I can even remember what it's like to have a vacation without kids.:confused3 :rotfl: I keep catching myself looking at all of the stuff on their website and trying to plan as if the kids were with me.:rotfl:

:hug: Im glad you get to go! It should be CRAZY fun!! :woohoo: You should just lounge about with a fruity drink in your hand. :beach: Relax!!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM

Lucky duck about the cruise. I'm just jealous of the warm weather.. I get sea sick lol.

Yup.. we go quick around here!:lmao:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM

I've never been on a cruise and I get air sick, car sick and now probably sea sick!:rotfl2:

We used to get 8 pages in about 2 hours...back in the good ol' days!:lmao: Everybody is just kind of busy nowdays and we don't post nearly as much. As a matter of fact, we've been commenting that it's downright quiet on our thread lately.:lmao:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Frelan found out that he might be going back to 5 days a week again!:cool1: MAYBE even overtime! We are crazy excited. His shop is going to be back in full swing starting at the beginning of March. Which means just as the babies come, they are going to need him working overtime. :rolleyes: But if he can get some in now, it would rock! :woohoo:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Frelan found out that he might be going back to 5 days a week again!:cool1: MAYBE even overtime! We are crazy excited. His shop is going to be back in full swing starting at the beginning of March. Which means just as the babies come, they are going to need him working overtime. :rolleyes: But if he can get some in now, it would rock! :woohoo:

Awesome!! Speaking of work...I need to get back to work. TTYL guys!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Awesome!! Speaking of work...I need to get back to work. TTYL guys!

Bye Alison!

Lanshark
01-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Darn glasses...I posted on the wrong thread

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey, I have a second before Morgan comes home for Dinner on her break. Is anyone home???? Hello????

I miss you fools!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey, I have a second before Morgan comes home for Dinner on her break. Is anyone home???? Hello????

I miss you fools!
SHAWNA!!!!!

Jennasmomma
01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
i'm here. I'm just putzin around on the computer. I'm just procrastinating. lol. I need to post the coupons I have left from this week to my trade site.

Blah I always hate doing that.

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:48 PM
SHAWNA!!!!!

Woman! I have missed you guys. I'm making it a point to chat tonight so people better represent! LOL

staley7580
01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Woman! I have missed you guys. I'm making it a point to chat tonight so people better represent! LOL

:lmao: :lmao: I have missed you GOBS and GOBS!! :hug:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
i'm here. I'm just putzin around on the computer. I'm just procrastinating. lol. I need to post the coupons I have left from this week to my trade site.

Blah I always hate doing that.

Hi Gina!

I'm Shawna, I've been MIA for awhile but these crazy women are some of the best people around and I've missed them terribly.

A tad bit about me. I'm a stay at home mom but lately I have been working for my mom (for free of course!) to help her business stay afloat. Collapsing in bed late at night has left me little time to DIS. I miss it though. :sad1:

I've got 2 kids a daughter age 8 and a son whose about to turn 6 next month.

How are you?

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
So how are the babes coming?

darn 40 second rule

:hourglass

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I just also want to throw in that it is 81 degrees here! :cool1: :beach:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 05:54 PM
So how are the babes coming?

darn 40 second rule

:hourglass

They are cooking.. Getting really big, and starting to hurt when they move. Its creepy.. all these feet, and butts sticking out all over the place. :scared: Stick a fork in me, Im DONE!! :lmao:

How are you guys doing? Things getting better at hubbies work?

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
COME BACK! COME BACK!!!!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 05:56 PM

Ugh. its 40 degrees, and I am sweating like a PIG. My kids are bundled up under a bunch f blankets on the floor.. but I have sweat pouring off of everything! :lmao:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh thank god! I thought I was gonna have to call out the bok choy!

His job is OK. He got a pay cut and I'm thankful for that. Thankful that he still has a job. We thought we was going to be let go. However the regional said if she gets demoted she will be in charge of his store and he will be an assistant.

MY ***!!! :mad:

How is Frelans job with all of the Boeing stuff I hear in the news?

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 05:59 PM

I've never been on a cruise and I get air sick, car sick and now probably sea sick!:rotfl2:
bring some dramamine along, just in case; though i doubt you'll need it on a cruise ship, does it even feel like you're on a boat? it's more like a floating city! :lmao:

i usually take some dramamine before a boat trip, but it works really well even if you don't take it until you're feeling lousy. :thumbsup2

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
that was totally uncalled for. :mad:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:01 PM
So on a brighter note I have to get excited for a second. Guess what? I have lost over 50 lbs. Yep, got my body back. No more using anything as an excuse. Now I'm working toward my goal I had years ago to run in a marathon. I should join Sarah at DL one day! I'm only up to 3 miles now but I just started. I just need to get back in shape. Our big marathon is this weekend so obviously that is out this year. :rotfl: Next year, ITS MINE! I dug out all my clothes I wore most of my life except the past 3 years and have all the cool jeans on again. I'm so excited!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Oh thank god! I thought I was gonna have to call out the bok choy!

His job is OK. He got a pay cut and I'm thankful for that. Thankful that he still has a job. We thought we was going to be let go. However the regional said if she gets demoted she will be in charge of his store and he will be an assistant.

MY ***!!! :mad:

How is Frelans job with all of the Boeing stuff I hear in the news?

About the same.. They have shortened their work week to 4 days, just until March. He got 2 weeks off for Christmas, one paid... one not. BUT.. They have a work share program through unemployment, so we are getting SOME money. It looks like at the begining of March things will go back to normal, so we will see.. I hope they do. I dont know what we would do if he lost his job. :sad2: We would be so screwed.

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
ALEX!!! I miss you lady!

And I believe it was 83 but I got in the car later in the day and the sun started falling so it was getting chilly! :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Ugh. its 40 degrees, and I am sweating like a PIG. My kids are bundled up under a bunch f blankets on the floor.. but I have sweat pouring off of everything! :lmao:
is it that high? i have frozen my patoot off every time i stepped outside today! :cold:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
About the same.. They have shortened their work week to 4 days, just until March. He got 2 weeks off for Christmas, one paid... one not. BUT.. They have a work share program through unemployment, so we are getting SOME money. It looks like at the begining of March things will go back to normal, so we will see.. I hope they do. I dont know what we would do if he lost his job. :sad2: We would be so screwed.

:hug:

We can move in together!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
that was totally uncalled for. :mad:
:lmao: :lmao:
So on a brighter note I have to get excited for a second. Guess what? I have lost over 50 lbs. Yep, got my body back. No more using anything as an excuse. Now I'm working toward my goal I had years ago to run in a marathon. I should join Sarah at DL one day! I'm only up to 3 miles now but I just started. I just need to get back in shape. Our big marathon is this weekend so obviously that is out this year. :rotfl: Next year, ITS MINE! I dug out all my clothes I wore most of my life except the past 3 years and have all the cool jeans on again. I'm so excited!

:scared1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay: :yay: :yay: You go girl!!! Good for you!! That is great!!! :hug:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:06 PM
is it that high? i have frozen my patoot off every time i stepped outside today! :cold:
Thats what it says here.. I dont know, Im HOT! :lmao:
:hug:

We can move in together!

:hug: Totally. Im in denial that its bad.. If I can pretend IM not pregnant with twins, I can pretend anything. :rotfl2:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:06 PM
wow! that's awesome, shawna! congratulations. :hug:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Im hungry. popcorn:: Whos surprised??? :rotfl2:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Thank you ladies. Running has been therapy for me lately. Relieves stress!

Staley, I'm makin' spaghetti

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Thats what it says here.. I dont know, Im HOT! :lmao:
oh, enough with the bragging already. we all know you're the hottest doubly-pregnant woman ever. work it, girl! :rotfl2:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Thank you ladies. Running has been therapy for me lately. Relieves stress!

Staley, I'm makin' spaghetti
Hmmmm... I had manicotti last night, and ended up projectile vomiting it all over the house. :lmao: :lmao:
oh, enough with the bragging already. we all know you're the hottest doubly-pregnant woman ever. work it, girl! :rotfl2:

:lmao: You know I do! Waving this big ole belly of mine all over the place. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
ds4 and i are snuggled in the recliner watching dragon tales. this is actually an episode i haven't seen 6 times before... ;)

ds8 is awfully quiet. i'm hoping (pretending?) he's doing his daily half-hour of reading... :angel:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
ds4 and i are snuggled in the recliner watching dragon tales. this is actually an episode i haven't seen 6 times before... ;)

ds8 is awfully quiet. i'm hoping (pretending?) he's doing his daily half-hour of reading... :angel:

:lmao: :lmao: My kids are watching TV. I dont know what.. Spiderman, maybe. Well.. Now Mikalah is in the bedroom waking up her dad. :lmao:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:14 PM

:woohoo: Sexy mama!

Hmmmm... I had manicotti last night, and ended up projectile vomiting it all over the house. :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: You know I do! Waving this big ole belly of mine all over the place. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe no spaghetti then.

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Nope.. I was wrong. They are watching Pucca. Stupidest show EVER.

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
:woohoo: Sexy mama!

Maybe no spaghetti then.

:lmao: Probably not the best idea. I think we are going out.. I feel like tacos. I COULD make tacos, but I dont want to. To much work! :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe no spaghetti then.
:lmao:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Morgan is home from ballet eating dinner before going to hip hop. Jake is tormenting her. Typical Thursday night. :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
:lmao: Probably not the best idea. I think we are going out.. I feel like tacos. I COULD make tacos, but I dont want to. To much work! :lmao:
yeah, i think we might be dashing out for tacos tonight, too, at least for the kids. dh just called, and all i have is some leftover baked chicken from last night. he suggested chicken sandwiches, which sounds kinda good, but i don't think there's enough for all 4 of us...

DS4 just asked if he could have some 'zogurt', so i said yes.

ds8 just ran in and gave me a hug, saying, 'mama, i just finished my reading!' i hugged him and said, 'great! why don't you go have some yogurt?'

he said, 'i already did. [ds4] had the chocolate one and i had the banana cream pie one.' i got those intending to try them, though i was a little dubious of how they would taste. i asked him if it was good and he gushed, 'ohhhhhh yeah! i had that one before and it tasted so good, and when i had it again, it tasted just as good!' [my little genius children crack me up!!!] :rotfl2:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Morgan is home from ballet eating dinner before going to hip hop. Jake is tormenting her. Typical Thursday night. :lmao:

:lmao: Right! My kids are fighting over a blanket. I think I might have t smother them. But in a loving way, of course. ;) :lmao:

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
yeah, i think we might be dashing out for tacos tonight, too, at least for the kids. dh just called, and all i have is some leftover baked chicken from last night. he suggested chicken sandwiches, which sounds kinda good, but i don't think there's enough for all 4 of us...

ds8 just ran in and gave me a hug, saying, 'mama, i just finished my reading!' i hugged him and said, 'great! why don't you go have some yogurt?'

he said, 'i already did. [ds4] had the chocolate one and i had the banana cream pie one.' i got those intending to try them, though i was a little dubious of how they would taste. i asked him if it was good and he gushed, 'ohhhhhh yeah! i had that one before and it tasted so good, and when i had it again, it tasted just as good!' [my little genius children crack me up!!!] :rotfl2:

What a cutie!

:lmao: Right! My kids are fighting over a blanket. I think I might have t smother them. But in a loving way, of course. ;) :lmao:

Of course!

You guys are making me hungry for Tacos. My all time favorite food. Yummy!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM

My kids love those funky yogurts. Im not a fan, but I dont really like yogurt anyways..

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
before the zogurt, ds and i were snuggled under a blanket. all of a sudden he sighed and said, 'mama, i'm HOT!' i looked at him funny, because he just sat there under the blanket. one... two... three... he was still staring at me.

so i lifted the blanket off him. he said, 'thanks, mama!" :rotfl2:
apparently i really MUST do everything for him.

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
What a cutie!

Of course!

You guys are making me hungry for Tacos. My all time favorite food. Yummy!

Me too. We have this great little stand by our house, its totally roach coach scary looking.. But DANG. The food is so good. :love:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
before the zogurt, ds and i were snuggled under a blanket. all of a sudden he sighed and said, 'mama, i'm HOT!' i looked at him funny, because he just sat there under the blanket. one... two... three... he was still staring at me.

so i lifted the blanket off him. he said, 'thanks, mama!" :rotfl2:
apparently i really MUST do everything for him.

:lmao: :lmao: Thats funny. Mikalah is far to squirmy to snuggle. She tries.

AZMickeyfans
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Ok I have to run Morgan back to dance. Jeff was kind enough to pick her up tonight. I will get on later if anyone is on tonight.

Bye dingleberries.

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
My kids love those funky yogurts. Im not a fan, but I dont really like yogurt anyways..
i never used to like yogurt, it always had kind of a bitter zing to it to me. but now that i'm older i find i like things i used to hate as a kid. :lmao:

i like the fruity ones, especially the ones with chunks of real fruit in them. oh, and the key lime pie one is pretty darn good, too! :rotfl:

but i don't know, chocolate yogurt? i can't remember if i got one or two, i might have already missed my chance to try it. i actually got the banana cream pie ones for dh, because of course he can't have the real thing anymore, and it's his all-time favorite dessert. he LOVES yogurt, so we get fat-free or nearly fat-free.

the kids got hooked on yo-baby yogurt as babies, especially ds4 because we needed to fatten him up a bit when he was way underweight. i think ds8 could give up yogurt if he absolutely had to (especially if he could still have oreos), but i think ds4 might go insane if he were told he couldn't have zogurt anymore.

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Ok I have to run Morgan back to dance. Jeff was kind enough to pick her up tonight. I will get on later if anyone is on tonight.

Bye dingleberries.
so good to 'see' you again, shawna! i'm glad all is well. :hug:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Bye dingleberries.

Adios! I hope you d get back on tonight! I have to go to.. we are getting ready to leave. Thank Goodness mikalah can get herself ready these days. I dont think I can even bend over to put her shoes on anymore. :lmao: :lmao:

Alex2kMommy
01-15-2009, 06:40 PM
enjoy the tacos! :thumbsup2

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 08:06 PM
IT WORKS!!!! I'm finally free of dial up! It's not as fast as our Comcast at work, but it's way faster than dial up!:yay: :yay: :yay:

And now for the bad news....I tried loading the software on our new laptop and now it seems to have some sort of a problem. I can only get it to run in Safe Mode. But I'll figure it out soon I'm sure. In the meantime I am SO happy!:worship: :worship: :worship:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Drat, I missed everybody. Oh well, off to see if I can get the new internet loaded onto the laptop. I'll check in later. Geez, I sure hope my brain can keep up with the new internet speed, otherwise I won't be able to think of enough wise cracks quickly enough.:lmao:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 09:13 PM
woohoo, Alison has come out of the stone age of dial up. :thumbsup2 :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would give up doing anything on the computer if we were on dialup, I have no patience.

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
mmm yogurt is good.

I like making my own but I need to buy some dry culture, it's hard to find plain yogurt without added gelatin in small cups. You need about a 1/2 cup to get the cultures started, next you must remember to scoop out some from the 1st batch to make the next one grow.

Lately I get whatever premade yogurt I can buy free or pennies each-- cheaper than buying milk to make my own.

I prefer plain non fat, toss in some cereal and a splash of Torani sugar free vanilla syup.. mmm tasty tart with a touch of sweet.

I haven't tried it but read that the greek style yogurt is really good - good for you too. Fago is one brand, but not sure if they have it at my local regular grocery -- they had it at Trader Joe's.. too far away for regular shopping.

vanillamickey
01-15-2009, 09:38 PM
mmm yogurt is good.

I like making my own but I need to buy some dry culture, it's hard to find plain yogurt without added gelatin in small cups. You need about a 1/2 cup to get the cultures started, next you must remember to scoop out some from the 1st batch to make the next one grow.

Lately I get whatever premade yogurt I can buy free or pennies each-- cheaper than buying milk to make my own.

I prefer plain non fat, toss in some cereal and a splash of Torani sugar free vanilla syup.. mmm tasty tart with a touch of sweet.

I haven't tried it but read that the greek style yogurt is really good - good for you too. Fago is one brand, but not sure if they have it at my local regular grocery -- they had it at Trader Joe's.. too far away for regular shopping.

mmmm I like yogurt. I like any dairy product really. I never tried making my own... It sounds good.

Have you ever made pudding? Homemade pudding is proably good too....

Jennasmomma
01-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Ok so so not cool!!! I subscribed to this to get an email of new messages. Only last time I posted it was on page 9. Now its on page 12!!!!

How rude not to let me know people have been posting :(

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Oh we're always posting.:rotfl2: When I was first on here it was sending me an email every time someone posted. Imagine my surprise to get to the office in the morning and find that I have 125 email notifications of this thread.:rotfl2:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I've never tired putting it on alert, but it would fill my email very quickly some days. :p

hey, they moved my smileys again. :guilty: (I really want the grr I'm frustrated smiley here.. too lazy to look it up)

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
It's the darn DIS sloooooooooooow down.. sigh.

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Phew, I thought it was my new internet. When I tried to log on earlier it was down, now the smilies are changed. Do you suppose the smilies have taken over the DIS??:joker: :sad: :crowded: ::yes::

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
This is really strange to have my home computer working fast. I'm used to post, go fold a load of laundry, come back, wait a few minutes, grab a snack, oh great it finally posted.:rotfl2:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:19 PM
They were showing a newscaster from MN on our new tonight. He was blowing bubbles and letting them freeze and then popping the frozen bubbles. KEWL! I had no idea you could do that.

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Don't make me talk to myself...because you know I will. Not only that I can now talk at the speed of high speed.:p

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't make me talk to myself...because you know I will. Not only that I can now talk at the speed of high speed.:p

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, this high speed is really kewl! I can double post while only posting once.

I'm beginning to think the DIS is having a meltdown tonight. :clown:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:24 PM
They were showing a newscaster from MN on our new tonight. He was blowing bubbles and letting them freeze and then popping the frozen bubbles. KEWL! I had no idea you could do that.

awesome, scurried off to tell hubby and he went ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
He's doing properties of matter right now, it will still be cold enough tomorrrow.. but hte cringed at the thought of draggin 30 students outside by himslef and get them all back inside again. :lmao:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, this high speed is really kewl! I can double post while only posting once.

I'm beginning to think the DIS is having a meltdown tonight. :clown:
ya think?

It's been awhile, hmmm Shawna appears after a long break .. the DIS malfunctions.. conincidence? hmmmmmm?? :scratchin

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes indeed, I do find these guys very helpful to have in my everyday conversations...:offtopic: :drive: :crowded: :clown: :firefight pixiedust: :mic: :sad: :joker: :artist:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Time is slipping away .. Like sands thru the hourglass :hourglass so are the minutes of the hyena thread.:p

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:28 PM
awesome, scurried off to tell hubby and he went ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
He's doing properties of matter right now, it will still be cold enough tomorrrow.. but hte cringed at the thought of draggin 30 students outside by himslef and get them all back inside again. :lmao:

It was neat, he said the bubbles could last 5-10 minutes. He just blew one in the air and let it float for a second, then popped it...it was very thick looking.

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:30 PM
IT WORKS!!!! I'm finally free of dial up! It's not as fast as our Comcast at work, but it's way faster than dial up!:yay: :yay: :yay:

And now for the bad news....I tried loading the software on our new laptop and now it seems to have some sort of a problem. I can only get it to run in Safe Mode. But I'll figure it out soon I'm sure. In the meantime I am SO happy!:worship: :worship: :worship:
:cool1: :cool1:
mmm yogurt is good.

I have tried the Greek yogurt. Its okay. Not to bad.

Jennasmomma
01-15-2009, 10:30 PM
I'll check back tomorrow. Its 12:07am right now and I'm exhausted.

I didnt sleep well last night and i'm in pain today. Makes for me to be sleepy early.

Well night all. I'll check back in tomorrow.

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I bought a ball pit for the lil guy, three years old now :goodvibes
But now debating if we should go back to Target and get something else instead.

Hubby said, yeah.. wait until their dog starts eating the balls.

ohhh I didn't even think of that :scared:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Time is slipping away .. Like sands thru the hourglass :hourglass so are the minutes of the hyena thread.:p

First gear:drive:
Second gear:drive:
Third gear:drive:
Fourth gear:drive:
Mom, are we there yet?:drive:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:32 PM

I didnt sleep well last night and i'm in pain today. Makes for me to be sleepy early.

Night Gina

darn where's our fluffy cloud smiley!? :sad: I'm so confuzzled. :upsidedow

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Goodnite Gina. Happy Dreams.

I bought a ball pit for the lil guy, three years old now :goodvibes
But now debating if we should go back to Target and get something else instead.

Hubby said, yeah.. wait until their dog starts eating the balls.

ohhh I didn't even think of that :scared:

Not a problem, dog eats colored balls, makes it easier to spot the piles in the yard and scoop them up.

DS used to eat Betty Spaghetti parts, they always came back out.:rotfl:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:35 PM
First gear:drive:
Second gear:drive:
Third gear:drive:
Fourth gear:drive:
Mom, are we there yet?:drive:

NO, now zip it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:scratchin

zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooooooooom:moped:

::cop: << officer Staley pulls them over.

:firefight .. aparently Alex is a fire chief now??

:upsidedow

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
DS used to eat Betty Spaghetti parts, they always came back out.:rotfl:

ewwwwwwwwww

:lmao: :lmao:

sameyeyam
01-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Hiya Megan. Sorry, but I gotta go. DH just headed to bed and was giving me "The Look". So I'm outta here! Happy Dreams Ladies.pixiedust:

P.S. Can you read lips?:mic:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Hiya Megan. Sorry, but I gotta go. DH just headed to bed and was giving me "The Look". So I'm outta here! Happy Dreams Ladies.pixiedust:

Night!

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh... and that would be a big fat NO. I cant read lips. My mom is forever trying to mouth stuff to me, and I can never figure out what the heck she is trying to say.

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure if the dog is allowed in the basement, that was kinda what I was thinking it will end up anyway. Guess I'll give her the gift reciept and she can decide. The 75% off toys were picked over, if he was a girl.. hey no problem. I could have bought a Bratz Mansion, stroller, dolls, Barbies, dress up clothes.. but noooo we are plagued with boys. A boy that doesn't talk, has several other delays and plays with books all day -- that elminated most of the toys.

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:41 PM

woohooo ;)
:wave2:

bye

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh... and that would be a big fat NO. I cant read lips. My mom is forever trying to mouth stuff to me, and I can never figure out what the heck she is trying to say.
I read that at first as she is always trying to "mouth off" at you.. I was like DANG! Sassy momma!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I read that at first as she is always trying to "mouth off" at you.. I was like DANG! Sassy momma!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Yeah... that too! I had to get my attitude from somewhere you know. :crazy2: I just love this guy. Describes me perfectly. :rotfl2:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:48 PM

Sassy is a good thing, keeps everyone in line. ::yes::

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:50 PM
There is a thread on misheard lyrics.. I cant believe it took until page 2 to get to the Secret Agent Man song.. It was YEARS before I stopped singing.. Secret.....Asian Man! :lmao:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Poeple are weird, under "kids" on slick deals someone posted this for sale

He's like the uncle who never quite grew up. Watch and listen as the Fart Guy performs. He stomps his foot and moves his arm while belting out classics like Camptown Races and For He's A Jolly Good Fellow. With Synchro-Motion!
http://deepdiscount-content.vcommerce.com/products/226/13656226/main-205.jpg

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM

Sassy is a good thing, keeps everyone in line. ::yes::

Indeed!:crazy2:

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Poeple are weird, under "kids" on slick deals someone posted this for sale

http://deepdiscount-content.vcommerce.com/products/226/13656226/main-205.jpg

:lmao: NICE. Well... my kids would love it. :rotfl2:

funnygarcia
01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
There is a thread on misheard lyrics.. I cant believe it took until page 2 to get to the Secret Agent Man song.. It was YEARS before I stopped singing.. Secret.....Asian Man! :lmao::rotfl:

Do you remeber a commercial where a guy and gal called the librbary to look up lyrics? The actress playing the librarian was a riot, complete straight face and in monotone read the lyric for brown sugar. :rotfl:

We never knew the words to a Nirvana song, we watched it on a VH1 top moments of .. type show. Finally found it out what it meant.. ohhh that's what it is. DUH!
:p

staley7580
01-15-2009, 10:57 PM
:rotfl:

Do you remeber a commercial where a guy and gal called the librbary to look up lyrics? The actress playing the librarian was a riot, complete straight face and in monotone read the lyric for brown sugar. :rotfl:

We never knew the words to a Nirvana song, we watched it on a VH1 top moments of .. type show. Finally found it out what it meant.. ohhh that's what it is. DUH!
:p

:rotfl2: No, I dont remember that! Sounds too funny!

tinkermell
01-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi ladies!!

I am sooooooo far behind. I have been soooooooooo busy.

Today, I gave my oldest DD a birthday party, tomorrow in the wee hours of the morning I'm taking my Sis to the train station, then come back and pack for DL. Oh yeah!!! A three day weekend there!! :cheer2:

Anyways I wanted to check in and say Hi, and I haven't forgotten you. I've also been busy planning the scavvy hunt for the ladies trip.

Anyways, you all have a wonderful weekend.

Melody:wave2:

Jennasmomma
01-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Well I'm awake now. :( I slept for about 5 hours. I really hate this stupid sleep pattern I have.

Man its cold outside. Its -5 and its 5:01am. School is closed today. I dont have to worry about my lil one turning into a popcicle.

AZMickeyfans
01-16-2009, 06:27 AM
I could not get on last night for the life of me. I kept trying to connect and it was so jacked up. UGH. I see it was slow. Maybe I got on when the DIS sloooooooooowwwwwwdown was taking place. Anyway, I gave up and crashed.

Melody, have a good time at DL this weekend. :cheer2:

Alison, sweet that you have high speed now. I'm still learning about the whole 3G thing. So what exactly is that. I hear phone companies say they have the 3G phones etc. Does that mean their phone connects to the internet better? I'm so lost. UGH.

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 07:45 AM
There is a thread on misheard lyrics.. I cant believe it took until page 2 to get to the Secret Agent Man song.. It was YEARS before I stopped singing.. Secret.....Asian Man! :lmao:

So I suppose you read the one about my DD wanting to listen to that "Ooh, Ooh, Jackie Poo" song.:rotfl2: I can't listen to Jackie Blue now without singing Jackie Poo!

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 07:54 AM
I could not get on last night for the life of me. I kept trying to connect and it was so jacked up. UGH. I see it was slow. Maybe I got on when the DIS sloooooooooowwwwwwdown was taking place. Anyway, I gave up and crashed.

Melody, have a good time at DL this weekend. :cheer2:

Alison, sweet that you have high speed now. I'm still learning about the whole 3G thing. So what exactly is that. I hear phone companies say they have the 3G phones etc. Does that mean their phone connects to the internet better? I'm so lost. UGH.

I have no idea what 3G is, fancy name for cell phone/internet stuff I guess. My internet is now a cell phone. Instead of cords and stuff, it's a little rectangular thing that plugs into the USB drive, about 1 inch wide x 2 inches long, looks like a memory stick. It has it's own cell phone number.:rotfl2: My data is sent over the cell phone tower. I can use it in virtually any metropolitan area that has cell phone coverage...basically if you can get cell coverage you can get high speed internet coverage. The more bars you get on your phone, the faster it will be. I only get 1-3 bars and it's way faster than dial up. I can't imagine how fast it would be if I were in the city and got 6 bars. But you can also take it with you and plug it into any computer. It takes about 15 minutes to initially download the software, but then you can use "your internet provider" to get on the internet. The software is built into the memory stick thing. Boy if this catches on I bet it gives the cable companies a run for their money.

It's kinda neat, I click on the AT&T logo, wait a few seconds while it finds a cell tower signal and then click on Outlook Express or whatever browser I'm using and I'm good to go.:thumbsup2

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 10:18 AM
cool, a wireless card. We tried to get E's mom to use one when she lived in the sticks.. now she lives in a city and has cable internet.

The coolest thing is to have a community sponsored wireless network. There is an area near the U that has free internet, stuck with ads playing.. but who cares! It's free and high speed.
They had one for parts of Riverside, CA.. but we were not quite close enough to tap into it.. darn mountians got in the way, even getting a cell phone signal was sketchy at times.

There is a providor in the area that streams wireless, you pay a set fee and have it wherever you go. But I read that it has server issues and is slower than cable. umm no thanks.

I looked up getting DSL here, not sure why but Qwest doesn't offer it on our building?? that makes no sense. :confused3

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I tried posting more before I went to bed, but the DIS was way too slow. It wouldn't even refresh the page.

staley7580
01-16-2009, 10:49 AM
I tried posting more before I went to bed, but the DIS was way too slow. It wouldn't even refresh the page.

Same here! I finally gave up and started watching TV with the old man.

I dont think I mentioned this yesterday.. A woman on my twin boards had her babies at 37 weeks.. One was 6lbs 9 ozs, the other was 8lbs 2 ozs! :faint: Thats a lotta baby!!

Jennasmomma
01-16-2009, 10:52 AM
I dont think I mentioned this yesterday.. A woman on my twin boards had her babies at 37 weeks.. One was 6lbs 9 ozs, the other was 8lbs 2 ozs! :faint: Thats a lotta baby!!

Isn't that big for twins?

I spent the morning scrapbooking. I'm going out to run some errands later. My DD is going to my sisters for the weekend. Woohoo lol

AZMickeyfans
01-16-2009, 11:24 AM
My brothers were both 8lbs Staley! No kidding. Of course they are massive boys now. Ok men I guess being 32 but whatever. My poor mom.

MotoXPrincess99
01-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Good Morning!

MotoXPrincess99
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
i never used to like yogurt, it always had kind of a bitter zing to it to me. but now that i'm older i find i like things i used to hate as a kid. :lmao:

i like the fruity ones, especially the ones with chunks of real fruit in them. oh, and the key lime pie one is pretty darn good, too! :rotfl:

but i don't know, chocolate yogurt? i can't remember if i got one or two, i might have already missed my chance to try it. i actually got the banana cream pie ones for dh, because of course he can't have the real thing anymore, and it's his all-time favorite dessert. he LOVES yogurt, so we get fat-free or nearly fat-free.

the kids got hooked on yo-baby yogurt as babies, especially ds4 because we needed to fatten him up a bit when he was way underweight. i think ds8 could give up yogurt if he absolutely had to (especially if he could still have oreos), but i think ds4 might go insane if he were told he couldn't have zogurt anymore.

I tried Pinkberry once or twice. It's frozen yogurt but it's not sweet like the ice cream kind of frozen yogurt. It tastes like yogurt. Pretty good, but a little costly.

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM

wow! Good job momma.
Keep on going and see if you can beat her ;)

Going to lil guy's 3rd birthday party on Saturday, this was taken when he was 2 months old and about 3 pounds (he started at 1 pound, 1 ounce).
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/funnyg_photos/100_1482.jpg

He's still a lil shrimp, wearing 18 month size clothing for the length but needs suspenders to hold them up :rotfl:
He started preschool this week, I haven't heard how it worked out. But I can't imagine him with all those big kids and he's been with mom most of his life. :sad1:

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
drat, I have limited funds in my checking account and all sorts of deals that I really want to pull the trigger.

Hickory Farms has a bunch of clearance, free ship to military FPO/ APO. I put together an order but my funds are tied into my savings account which is in the middle of a transfer right now. Sigh, gotta wait.

And Old Navy has a 50% off clearance code -- not that the site is cooperating anyway. Would like to get some long sleeve shirts for N who insists on chewing on his sleeves. :rolleyes2

I wonder if it might be better to check in store instead? hmmmmmmm

Or skip the whole thing. :upsidedow

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Another-- what the??!! from Slick Deals
No, Rusty didn't poo on your cake; it's just someone playing a trick. At least this 3 candle is unscented!

http://deepdiscount-content.vcommerce.com/products/490/13656490/main-205.jpg

eatmypixiedust
01-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I tried Pinkberry once or twice. It's frozen yogurt but it's not sweet like the ice cream kind of frozen yogurt. It tastes like yogurt. Pretty good, but a little costly.

I am not a fan of Pinkberry. I've tried it and didn't like it. It tasted really sour. :P There is a Goldenspoon nearby and also another frozen yogurt place that I like (I forgot the name at the moment).

eatmypixiedust
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Yesterday was my mom's birthday. My siblings are not in town so it was only me and my little sister who celebrated with her. She seemed really happy because some co-workers sent her flowers and she was thrilled with my gift: 1 box of strawberrries dipped in chocolate from Edible Arrangements. They were so quick! They delivered to her 2 hrs after I placed the order. Not bad. Their strawberries are also very sweet and it tasted delicious. :cheer2: I also got her some L'Occitane products.

We had dinner at a local Italian place. The food was okay but it made my mom and I sick. :eek:

My mom was a little bummed because my dad is out of the country. She called my dad and apparently he has been sick in bed all week. He also kept vomitting every other hour the other night and now has diharrea on top of all that. :sad2: I hope he feels better because he's expected to come back next week.

MotoXPrincess99
01-16-2009, 04:13 PM
:moped:

Jennasmomma
01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm home from shopping. I got lots of yummy food now lol.

DD is gone for the weekend too. I can sit on the couch with my laptop all weekend If I want! oh wait I do that anyway :rotfl2:

XTinabell
01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
A drive by question!

What is the difference between a swaddling blanket and a receiving blanket and which one does a baby like better?

Pixter, happy birthday to your mom! I love chocolate covered strawberries!

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I think receiving blankets and swaddling blankets are the same thing.:confused3 Some of the fancier blankets have little places to put their arms and feet into so they don't wiggle out of them. They sorta look like baby straight jackets.:rotfl:

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Now that I have high speed nobody's around.:sad:

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm surfing here and there....
channel surfing a teh same time.. History Channel is a show on Civil War "bow chicka wow wow"

Complete with half nudey pictures. :rolleyes:

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
So what are they, half nude Civil War soldiers? Ewww!

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:35 PM
DD, her BFF and DS went to get some movies. DH is sound asleep in the recliner chair snoring, I'm turning the tv volume up to drown him out.

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Check this out, I can post a message.

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Myhusband is out partying somewhere in Minneapolis.. he said "not sure when I will be home" and decided to skip dialysis (after I set up)

:mic:

Ranting here:
I kinda want to twist his ear and tell him off...

ahh dear?? You already had a day off this week and you need to run early or take off on Sunday for our mini trip.. grrrrr.

He was such a crab butt yesterday, had to remind him that we planned to do a Target run to buy a gift.

He crabbed and whined. Got what HE wanted and then was pushing me out the door.

Yet he's worked a full day, it's after 10.. and he's still out. :furious:

okay rant done.

:flower3:

How was your day?

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
And another message right after that. No waiting!:cool1:

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Check this out, I can post a message.

faster than me?

I'm a slow typer.

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:42 PM
So what are they, half nude Civil War soldiers? Ewww!
:rotfl2: nope, red light distict and other women of ill repute. :rolleyes2

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:43 PM
The cat is grooving on my new soft plush robe.
It's not a momma cat, now cut it out. My sofa is under that robe you are kneading with your claws young lady!

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Myhusband is out partying somewhere in Minneapolis.. he said "not sure when I will be home" and decided to skip dialysis (after I set up)

:mic:

Ranting here:
I kinda want to twist his ear and tell him off...

ahh dear?? You already had a day off this week and you need to run early or take off on Sunday for our mini trip.. grrrrr.

He was such a crab butt yesterday, had to remind him that we planned to do a Target run to buy a gift.

He crabbed and whined. Got what HE wanted and then was pushing me out the door.

Yet he's worked a full day, it's after 10.. and he's still out. :furious:

okay rant done.

:flower3:

How was your day?

My day was good. Started out a bit hectic. DD & BFF hit a patch of ice this morning, car went sideways, they called, I went to get them. Luckily didn't hit anything and a State Patrol got them going again. Met them at Safeway and took them to college. I-5 was icy at our exit, so there were massive wrecks and they closed the southbound lanes down for 2 hours this morning. Dropped them at college, dropped the lady off that I carpool with, worked an hour, picked them up after their class, went back to my work, gave them my car, called DH, had him pick us up after he got off work.

But other then that I had a pretty good day.:thumbsup2

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
faster than me?

I'm a slow typer.

I be a fast typer. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: nope, red light distict and other women of ill repute. :rolleyes2

What no men of ill repute?:clown:

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Ice is not a good thing. Before our blast of frozen days this week, we had a fluffy covering of snow-- over ice!
Sliding up and down the highway ramps and on the hills. Not many hills here, thank goodness we don't live in Duluth. Steep hills down into the city/ downtown - URGH!

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
What no men of ill repute?:clown:

of course not .. don't you know? It's always the woman's fault - flaunting her assets. :p

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
time to channel surf again..

House works, good background noise.

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Has anyone heard from our "original" Gina?
I haven't chatted with her since umm November?? :confused3

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Ice is not a good thing. Before our blast of frozen days this week, we had a fluffy covering of snow-- over ice!
Sliding up and down the highway ramps and on the hills. Not many hills here, thank goodness we don't live in Duluth. Steep hills down into the city/ downtown - URGH!

We've been very cold and sunny. But it has been getting foggy at night, not to mention that our ground is still pretty saturated from all that snow. So it's been getting down into the 20's at night and the fog is freezing on the roadways. Yesterday it was 74 degrees up at one of the mountain passes and 30 degrees down here. Crazy! There was a layer of really warm air over the top of really cold air.

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Has anyone heard from our "original" Gina?
I haven't chatted with her since umm November?? :confused3

No I haven't heard from her in quite a while. I know she was going thru quite a bit there for a while.

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:57 PM
The boys had school, no delays, no closures. Temp was -20 plus a windchill yesterday. Slightly warmer today.

For once they took my advice and bundled up. :rolleyes:

funnygarcia
01-16-2009, 09:59 PM
No I haven't heard from her in quite a while. I know she was going thru quite a bit there for a while.

I just sent her a PM, it says last log in was on 1-14. I know she gets busy with school, family and life in general.

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Got my blood test results today from my physical. I'm very happy because my iron levels are back to normal, all of my white and red blood counts, etc. are all looking back to normal for the first time since chemo.:cheer2:

My urea nitrogen (bun) was low 3.3. My cholesterol was high, 201, so not too bad, only high by 1 point. I think I told you already my Vitamin D level was really low. Normal is 30-150 and I was 24.

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 10:06 PM
The boys had school, no delays, no closures. Temp was -20 plus a windchill yesterday. Slightly warmer today.

For once they took my advice and bundled up. :rolleyes:

Only takes a few days of freezing to death for them to wise up.:lmao:

I just sent her a PM, it says last log in was on 1-14. I know she gets busy with school, family and life in general.

Yeah, but I kind of miss her. Obviously she didn't get the Hyena priority chart.

sameyeyam
01-16-2009, 10:10 PM
So I wonder if my low BUN levels are due to the chemo causing liver damage? The doctor didn't say anything, so he's obviously not worried.:confused3