PDA

View Full Version : Newbe our first time and Blue Man

GaMsStella2
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello we are going to US/IOA for the first time on Jan 21st and then again later in the week. We have been about 10x to WDW but never over to US/IOA so this is so new. It will be myself turning 51 on the 19th and Huband who is 57 we arn't into big rollercoasters so hope crowds and lines won't be a problem. I bought AP because we will be going back in Sept with our 2 granddaughters 5 and 8 and wanted to scope the place out first. We will also be going to see Blue Man I think we will really enjoy the show. Our seats are M-1 & 2 so on the side do you think they are any good? Any help about the parks or the show would be of great. I know we will be getting to the parks around 8am. that should help
Thanks You
Linda

Bluer101
01-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Right now they are offering 50% off BMG tickets with a prefered or premier AP pass. As for M 1-2 seats I think they are in the middle to the left side. We are going again in Feb. And have front row. You will be able to see on the screens but there is nothing like being close to see their facial expressions!

GaMsStella2
01-13-2009, 01:38 PM
OH no I didnt know that nothing came up for passholders when I bought the Tickets. I have been all over their site and didn't see anything about 50% off we have the prefered pass I am sure there is nothing to be done now.

Bluer101
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
OH no I didnt know that nothing came up for passholders when I bought the Tickets. I have been all over their site and didn't see anything about 50% off we have the prefered pass I am sure there is nothing to be done now.
Call 1-866 pass4fun and ask them, thats the AP hotline. I booked last night and thats the offer.

Metro West
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Right now they are offering 50% off BMG tickets with a prefered or premier AP pass. As for M 1-2 seats I think they are in the middle to the left side. We are going again in Feb. And have front row. You will be able to see on the screens but there is nothing like being close to see their facial expressions!That's good to know...thanks for sharing.

Bluer101
01-13-2009, 05:08 PM
That's good to know...thanks for sharing.

With tax it was $46.86 per person with tax. Up until Jan.31 kids under 9 are $25, but we are going first week in Feb.

donaldduck352
01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Wow that is a great price.I never seen BMG.Need to jump on this deal!!:thumbsup2

Bluer101
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Wow that is a great price.I never seen BMG.Need to jump on this deal!!:thumbsup2

We used this once in Sept and now in Feb. We were going to wait till this summer, but I think it will go up during busier times.

provencio
01-13-2009, 11:39 PM
We are going again in Feb. And have front row. You will be able to see on the screens but there is nothing like being close to see their facial expressions!

I was just about to purchase our tickets for June and the front row was available. :cool1: I am glad you have been before and will return to be seated in the front. My DH and myself were afraid we would be to close and the kids would strain their necks. I will go back to the site tomorrow and purchase them if I do not receive any negative responses.

Markstudy
01-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Just got back today.

Had front row seats and loved it.

Stage is only 2 feet high.... so no problem with looking up :lovestruc

Loved the show :eek: We are first timers... and enjoyed watching some rich looking older guy next to me ( who must have been given the tickets) look lost, as he obviously didn't know what he was getting himself into :rotfl2: I think he expected a Oprah or ballet

Anyway :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: if you like to have fun, this show was a blast :wizard:

tink,too
01-14-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm going to be booking BMG tickets soon for April and was wondering how messy do you really get if you sit in the front row? :eek:

Markstudy
01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Don't worry about getting messy.

I don't want to tell you the whole show...part of the fun is not knowing.

But its not like a log flume ride where you get so wet that you need to change.

They give you a plastic bag to put over your clothes.
I kept putting my hood up and taking my hood down...trying to guess. ( I should have just left the hood down the entire time and enjoyed the show)

There's a bit of mess, and maybe only 2 or 3 people really got the worse of it by being front row and the 3 seats dead-center of center-stage. Everyone else no need to really worry, just enjoy some mess :)

damo
01-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Call 1-866 pass4fun and ask them, thats the AP hotline. I booked last night and thats the offer.

Thanks for that info. I was holding back on booking too but will call and do it!!!

tink,too
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the info, Markstudy. :goodvibes

I don't mind a bit of mess, but just didn't want to have to lug a change of clothes x3 around with me all day. :laughing:

donaldduck352
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Don't worry about getting messy.

I don't want to tell you the whole show...part of the fun is not knowing.

But its not like a log flume ride where you get so wet that you need to change.

They give you a plastic bag to put over your clothes.
I kept putting my hood up and taking my hood down...trying to guess. ( I should have just left the hood down the entire time and enjoyed the show)

There's a bit of mess, and maybe only 2 or 3 people really got the worse of it by being front row and the 3 seats dead-center of center-stage. Everyone else no need to really worry, just enjoy some mess :)

Kinda like A Gallagher concert with the sledge-a-matic with blue not watermelons??:rotfl2:

muffyn
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
With tax it was $46.86 per person with tax. Up until Jan.31 kids under 9 are $25, but we are going first week in Feb.

what night wil you be there? we have tickets for feb 2nd

Bluer101
01-15-2009, 07:32 AM
what night wil you be there? we have tickets for feb 2nd
We are going Feb 6. This will be my wife and I secound time and my sons first.

Markstudy
01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Kinda like A Gallagher concert with the sledge-a-matic with blue not watermelons??:rotfl2:

Funny thing is.... I went to Gallagher and sat up-front also. Very hard to get front row tickets anymore...unless, people are afraid of the mess :rotfl2:

tink,too
01-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Well, thanks to all the advice here, I've went ahead and reserved front row seats for our April trip. I have no idea what to expect really, but everything I've read/seen so far, I'm sure we'll have a fun evening! :cool1:

muffyn
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Well, thanks to all the advice here, I've went ahead and reserved front row seats for our April trip. I have no idea what to expect really, but everything I've read/seen so far, I'm sure we'll have a fun evening! :cool1:

don't do too much research......
when we 1st went I thought they were only a group that banged drums full of colored water.......:rotfl2:
WOW:banana: was I quickly put in my place ;)

thre is sooooooo musch to this group. I was completely astonished.

I think going unawares ( meaning don't watch youtube videos) is really the best way to go!

also the 1st(only ) time we went , my son-in-law insisted he did NOT want to be in the splash zone , because if anyones 'sweat' hit him he'd probably gag... ( not a fan of Gallagher splash zones either) so we got 1st row behind splash zone.
now THIS time, he decided it was all cool, no worries & got front row seats ( bringing his son who missed our last trip)

tink,too
01-16-2009, 04:35 AM
don't do too much research......

I think going unawares ( meaning don't watch youtube videos) is really the best way to go!

I want to keep the show as much of a surprise as possible (even to myself :rotfl2: ) so I'm definately not going to watch youtube videos.

Glad to hear that your SIL liked it enough to go back - that's a great advertisement in itself. ;)

damo
01-16-2009, 04:01 PM

That is so weird because I just called and they would only give me 10% off. It would actually be cheaper to book online where you get $10 off.

I wonder if I should just call again and talk to someone else?

When you called the pass 4 fun number did you press 7 for Blue Man Group tickets or did you do something else?

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 04:13 PM
That is so weird because I just called and they would only give me 10% off. It would actually be cheaper to book online where you get $10 off.

I wonder if I should just call again and talk to someone else?

When you called the pass 4 fun number did you press 7 for Blue Man Group tickets or did you do something else?

I pressed I think 7 for BMG and spoke to someone durring the day and said I would call back that night after talking with the wife. Then called around 6:30 pm and the lady first told me that my sons ticket would be $25 but that ends the 31st of this month and apologized. But it was $46.86 per person with tax. She rang up mine and my wifes first and then relized the $25 deal she could not do, so she just charge me again for my sons at $46.86 so I have 2 confirmation #'s.

damo
01-16-2009, 04:34 PM
And did you ask for the annual pass deal? Did you know about it before hand since I can't find anything even on the AP site other than the 10% off. I just wish I had something more concrete to argue with.

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 04:39 PM
And did you ask for the annual pass deal? Did you know about it before hand since I can't find anything even on the AP site other than the 10% off. I just wish I had something more concrete to argue with.

I told them I'm a AP holder and asked for what discounts they had. I knew this from before in Sept. ,my wife and I when for our first time. The website says nothing and I decided to call the AP hotline and glad I did for the discount. So this time I checked the website and nothing again so I called and asked.

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe its the times you are trying to book?:confused3

damo
01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I told them I'm a AP holder and asked for what discounts they had. I knew this from before in Sept. ,my wife and I when for our first time. The website says nothing and I decided to call the AP hotline and glad I did for the discount. So this time I checked the website and nothing again so I called and asked.

I guess I will just try again.

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I guess I will just try again.

I just looked at the piece of paper that I jotted down the prices when talking with someone the first call and I even wrote $44 per person before the 6.5% tax.

damo
01-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Is it for an evening show that you booked? I didn't even give her any dates or times and she just said that the price would be sixty something dollars each.

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Is it for an evening show that you booked?

8 pm feb, 6th front row:thumbsup2

damo
01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I just tried to call back now and the recording says that the offices are closed and to call back during normal hours. I wonder if I am calling a completely different number than you since you called in the evening???

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I just tried to call back now and the recording says that the offices are closed and to call back during normal hours. I wonder if I am calling a completely different number than you since you called in the evening???

The number on the back of the AP pass, 1-866-PASS 4 FUN, they are open until 7pm EST.

damo
01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
The number on the back of the AP pass, 1-866-PASS 4 FUN, they are open until 7pm EST.

That's the number I called. I got the usual recording and pressed 7 for Blue Man Group tickets and the recording said the offices were closed. That was at 5:30. Whoever was working must have been hungry!!! I'll call again tomorrow.

Bluer101
01-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Whoever was working must have been hungry!!! I'll call again tomorrow.

:rotfl2: :lmao:

damo
01-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Called again this morning and got the same info as yesterday. The rate that you got ended on Dec. 21. The best I can get is $10 off. The guy was really perplexed at how the $44 tickets were given since he said there are no other specials going on for anything.

Bluer101
01-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Called again this morning and got the same info as yesterday. The rate that you got ended on Dec. 21. The best I can get is $10 off. The guy was really perplexed at how the $44 tickets were given since he said there are no other specials going on for anything.

I don't know either. I have a confirmation # and already charge to my credit card for that amount.:confused3

damo
01-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't know either. I have a confirmation # and already charge to my credit card for that amount.:confused3

I'm going to call again in a few days. Maybe someone else in the meantime will have gotten the same great deal.

Bluer101
01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm going to call again in a few days. Maybe someone else in the meantime will have gotten the same great deal.

I got my tickets in the mail a couple of days ago. The ticket says Show only: Promotional Offer I guess where the price would be. I looked at my tickets from Sept. with thre same rate and says the same thing.

disney4us2002
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Without the AP is there any other way to get a discount on tickets to BMG. We are a family of 5 and $75 per ticket is pretty high.

msminniemouse
01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Without the AP is there any other way to get a discount on tickets to BMG. We are a family of 5 and $75 per ticket is pretty high.

Last year I got discounted tickets through AAA website.

macraven
01-25-2009, 07:39 PM

damo, blue man group in chicago had the same promo in dec and early jan.
same price as the orlando show, $44.

as long as the ticket was bought for the promo time period, it was valid up here.
some shows were sold out in chgo for bmg and they honored later dates at that special price.

maybe that is how it went for orlando bmg also??

damo
01-25-2009, 08:53 PM
damo, blue man group in chicago had the same promo in dec and early jan.
same price as the orlando show, $44.

as long as the ticket was bought for the promo time period, it was valid up here.
some shows were sold out in chgo for bmg and they honored later dates at that special price.

maybe that is how it went for orlando bmg also??

Probably. The ticket person said they didn't know how it happened, but it must have been something like that.