View Full Version : What are the chances of a 2-bedroom for Presidents Week?

01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
My wife thinks I'm crazy but I mentioned the idea of driving down to Florida from Michigan for Presidents Week. We had no plans for the kid's Winter Break but our winter has been so bad already, it would nice to be able to escape. Our home resort is OKW but I'd stay anywhere that has availability and other than a couple nights open at Saratoga, nothing is available. Do you think that I have any chance of 6 nights actually opening up at one resort from reservations getting cancelled in the next couple of weeks? My wife is not a fan of resort hopping so it will probably end up being an all or nothing situation for us.

01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
You'll never know until you call. Perhaps at SSR but I think you can count BCV & BWV out. I would definitely take the chance and pick up the phone.

01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
The two busiest weeks of the year are the week between Christmas & New Year's and whatever week Disney designates as spring break week...

Last year, Disney's spring break week and my DS's spring break coincided (DS is in college)...

10 days prior to the start of the spring break week, DS called to ask if we could go to Disney...

It took 3 days (one call per day), use of waitlist, and a lot of pixie dust--but we wound up w/four nights, five days in a one-bedroom near the Hospitality House at OKW...I'm still in schock that it happened...

So definitely give it a try...your chances are probably better, due to last minute cancellations, now than they would have been a month or two ago!

Good luck!!

01-12-2009, 06:16 PM
At the beginning of last Nov., we decided we wanted to plan a last minute trip for a long weekend in December, a Friday through Tuesday, we were flexible as to the exact weekend. Well, I went on the waitlist for any 1 bedroom on property, and kept calling multiple times each day (like 7 times a day). In a span of 1.5 weeks, I managed to get the first 2 nights at SSR and the last 2 nights at BWV in a studio (manageable, but would have preferred the 1 bedroom.). I kept on calling and a few days later, I hit the jackpot, and got all four nights in one phone call, at BWV in 1 bedroom pref view, Dec. 5-9. This should have come thru on my waitlist, but for some reason, this was the ONLY room category/combination that wasn't on my waitlist, the BWV pref view 1 bedroom. So, I grabbed it and had a great Christmas long weekend with my family. So, I think if you are diligent and keep calling you just may be able to pull it off. Keep us posted, I love to hear about those last minute ressies working out.

01-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I pretty much planned on calling each morning up until a couple days before. You never know what may open up. I'll be sure to let you know if it came through.