PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about G.G. International Dinner & IllumiNations Dessert Reception

debraW76
01-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Who has done the International Dinner & Illuminations dessert reception? Please tell me about it. Is it worth the $$? For my family of 7 it will be $219 (plus tax I think). What time did it start and what time did it conclude? Are other GG experiences better or worse?

disneymayz
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I was just asking myself this same question. Please if anyone has any info please share.

brittsmum1998
01-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I've never heard of this before. Where and when is this? I'm curious and always looking for differant stuff to do there.

newtodis
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Looks like this is for Grand Gatherings only right?? Sounds pretty cool and I would also be interested in the info as we're trying to talk the family into going together in the next couple of years. :goodvibes

thewesterberg
01-24-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd like to bump this up and find out some info too as our Grand Gathering group met tonight and this is the one we'd real like to consider, but I'd love more info. What was served for dinner? Was it worth 2 TS credits?

lorac4disney
01-25-2009, 12:15 AM
I would like to know this also. We are doing a GG in June with eleven people and I am trying to figure out what would be worth doing.

starrynyt
01-25-2009, 08:31 AM
We have done grand gatherings a few times but never the illuminations dinner cruise but the breakfast at Tony's in Magic Kingdom. I love the breakfast at Tony's. The core disney characters come around to your table (Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale) and then table by table you go up to the middle to meet Mickey. You don't feel rushed, you don't wait in line, and you can get some nice pictures. Plus if you are celebrating anything they will sing to you (and the others in there) that are celebrating. It isn't very many people maybe 100 but it is as close to individualized attention as I have found.

Enjoy!

mousehouselover
01-25-2009, 08:54 AM
We did both the International dinner with Illumintaions dessert and the Safari Celebration dinner last year and we really didn't enjoy the International dinner. I think the biggest 'hit' of the meal was the cheese soup from Canada. I remember a lot of the entrees were greasy or dried out. The desserts were not the yummmy treats you get at the restraunts in WS. The viewing spot for illumintaions was nice but not really worth the cost of a disappoiting meal.

If we do another GG, we will do the Safari Dinner again. It was such a nice tasty meal. Everything seemed much fresher and the desserts were good. There was a great selection, it was buffet style and the entrees were fresh. We had salad and some starters at our table when we sat down, then they started the buffet. Dessert was brought to tthe table at the end of the meal. The music was enjoyable and the staff interaction was much better than at the International dinner.

Since both meals cost the same, I'd say spend your money on the Safari, we enjoyed it much more than the International dinner.