PDA

View Full Version : Any large "groups" at US/IOA Feb 21 - 26?

bas71873
01-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Just trying to plan my days and prefer to avoid the large tour groups if I can (no offense, but the cheer/dance groups about drove me bananas at WDW last year).

macraven
01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
not aware of any large tour groups except for maybe some school bands.

avoid the weekend during mardi gras at the studios if you don't want crowds.

bas71873
01-12-2009, 10:30 AM
avoid the weekend during mardi gras at IOA if you don't want crowds.

Can you expand on on this? I thought the Mardi Gras events were at US, particularly on Sat, 2/21 (the concert). Do tell whatcha know :)

macraven
01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
did a typo error which i corrected.
mardi gras at the studios.

bas71873
01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
did a typo error which i corrected.
mardi gras at the studios.

cool. thx.

macraven
01-12-2009, 11:51 AM
sorry, i do typo errors when i don't have at least 10 cups of coffee in me.

yes, i am an addict to those beans.........:laughing:

Metro West
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
not aware of any large tour groups except for maybe some school bands. I don't know of any groups either.

karatepamy
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
not sure of any groups right now. however, school groups come and go for educational trips or end of year trips. you do need to avoid universal during the weekends of mardi gras. it's crazy. rumor has it that february 7th is the first day of mardi gras.

bas71873
01-13-2009, 05:12 AM
not sure of any groups right now. however, school groups come and go for educational trips or end of year trips. you do need to avoid universal during the weekends of mardi gras. it's crazy. rumor has it that february 7th is the first day of mardi gras.

Hmm. We actually arrive the weekend of Mardi Gras week (2/20 - late Friday nite). I think we'll use Saturday as a chill out/explore the resorts kind of day (hopefully it will be warm enough for a dip in the pool) and maybe venture over to SW on Sunday and then hit US/IOA on Monday on that week. Will definately avoid US on Saturday due to the concerts that we have no interest in.

macraven
01-13-2009, 09:15 AM
you could do IOA on the saturday until around noonish, or when the place becomes more crowded than you would like to deal with.

mardi gras will be held at the studio side.
you could catch rides there in the morning before crowds come in. this is last years calendar but it will be revised for the musical line up once confirmed.

http://www.universalorlando.com/mardigras/

you could plan your weekend around the event in case you do want to have some time at the parks then