PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to book at 7 months for October or February?

simmons_m
01-11-2009, 03:08 AM
I believe this has been discussed before, however I have not been able to locate the threads via the search.
Does anyone have a list of the bussiest DVC resorts by month?
Or, the toughest resorts to book at the 11 and 7 month windows?
We own at BWV and have added on at BLT. We are wondering how tough it has been to transfer to BCV or VWL, at the 7 month window for an October or February trip.
Thank you for sharing your experiance. Any help/guidance is appeciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Mom2Nick
01-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Not sure about October but Feb should be ok as long as it's the first half of the month. We go anywhere from MLK day to about 2/12 at the latest and I always start my ressie out at my home resort then switch at the 7 month window. I'v only stayed at my home resort once - lol

n2mm
01-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I agree with the PP. February would be doeable if you are not going during Prez weekend for the 7 mo window. October would be extremely difficult for BCV at the 7 mo window. At the 11 mo window, no problem.

DisneyHumbug
01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I was able to get a 1BR BWV for 4 nights during President's week at the 7 month window.

DARuss
01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
We go late january (after MLK) and stay at BWV. Booked at the 7 month window with now problem. I did try to change from a SV to a BW veiw about a month later and was unable to do so.

DebbieB
01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
BCV in October is tough because of Food & Wine Festival. There was an October waitlist thread for Oct 08. There were people who got on the list at 7 months and it never came through.

simmons_m
01-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments.
Mike

Simba's Mom
01-11-2009, 01:24 PM
BCV in October is tough because of Food & Wine Festival. There was an October waitlist thread for Oct 08. There were people who got on the list at 7 months and it never came through.

I was one who had to waitlist at BCV for October. Ironically, they had an opening at VWL, which I took, while I waitlisted. From 7 months, my waitlist came through at 9 days out.