PDA

View Full Version : Contact after using DVC online reservation form?

TifffanyD
01-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi all,

I filled out theo nline reservation request on dvcmember.com on tuesday. They said I would be contacted within 2 business days, which seems like it would be thursday at the latest. I didn't hear anything and didn't see my request get fulfilled on the site. Will I get contacted if it is unavailable? Wondering how long I should wait until I call. Thanks!

erionm
01-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I would probably call them and check. January is usually a busy time as people are making December reservations. I used it back in December for a Nov 2009 reservation and it was confirmed on the same day.

TifffanyD
01-09-2009, 07:51 AM
hmmm I wonder what happens when you get denied tho

I am usually not home by the time they close, that's why I haven't checked. Maybe tomorrow

kimberh
01-09-2009, 10:04 AM
I used the online process last week, at the two day mark I did get a response that I did not have enough points to make the reservation. They checked the wrong contract...which at this point I picked up the phone and made the call.

TifffanyD
01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I used the online process last week, at the two day mark I did get a response that I did not have enough points to make the reservation. They checked the wrong contract...which at this point I picked up the phone and made the call.

Thanks, that answers my question. I will just have to call tomorrow, I guess. I thought doing it online on tuesday would beat calling on saturday

diswish
01-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I had the same problem with an online request made on Tuesday. I called this morning and made the reservation by phone. He assured me that the email request would be cancelled when they see there is already a reservation - we'll see. The CM was surprised that the phone message encourages people to use the online options.

TifffanyD
01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Hmmm maybe they were having issues on Tuesday. If they were busy you would think they would have a note saying it could take longer. Grrr

TifffanyD
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
oooh so I got home today and finally had a reply. But it wasn't a reservation - just a question about it. I made it home in time to call and they found out there was no availability anyways - so I was able to waitlist for the 2 days I wanted to change on my existing reservation. Looks like I was worrying for nothing.