PDA

View Full Version : reservation cancelled by mistake?

queendarvet
01-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Tonight I was looking at my account on the member website and saw under the "view activity" section that my reservation for this Sunday had been cancelled and the points were put into holding!! I did not cancel this reservation. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will be on the phone to member services first thing tomorrow but I am very worried that we will not have a room when we arrive on Sunday:scared1:

ChelleinNC
01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I hope everything works out for you! Please let us know what happens when you call MS tomorrow :hug:

jenstall
01-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I think they are having some kind of weird glitch. My reservation for a week starting this Saturday disappeared on the website and all the pts appeared to be back in my account. But all my other ressies were still there.

This was pretty late at night so I called the resort directly and they said the reservation was still there. Then I called DVC this morning and at first the cast member said that it was a CASH reservation and I nearly flipped my lid. I told her I have never made a cash reservation and she went and checked something and came back and said my reservation was fine, but that they were doing something on the room category type or some such. Then she gave me the confirmation number again and told me not to worry.

Hopefully on Saturday I will not have to have a meltdown in the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If my reservation is messed up, they will have to have security carry me out... after holding me down and giving me a sedative!

By any chance, is your ressie for Animal Kingdom Lodge as well?

dclfun
01-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I had this happen- I went to the website and an entire vacation was gone! I called MS and the agent said he could see my ressie but didn't like what he saw. It had cancelled and no one put any "notes" into the ressie that I had called and cx it. A supervisor researched the issue and even went through my old emails and checked phone records and nothing could be found. Then she had the nerve to tell me that I had cancelled the ressie- even though there were no "notes" nor could she find a phone recording or email saying I did. I could not get the ressie back ( It was for a standard view room at AKLV Nov 30-Dec 5,08. )I finally spoke to a manager- no compensation was offered but I did get an apology. I'm not pleased with the whole thing and how it turned out. Fortunately we live nearby and I had no airfare, plus I was able to secure a cash res for the same time, but it was a huge mistake IMO, and I feel I should have been offered some type of compensation for their error and also the way I was treated. I didn't appreciate being accused of something I didn't do.---Kathy

Disney Princess
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Tonight I was looking at my account on the member website and saw under the "view activity" section that my reservation for this Sunday had been cancelled and the points were put into holding!! I did not cancel this reservation. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will be on the phone to member services first thing tomorrow but I am very worried that we will not have a room when we arrive on Sunday:scared1:

Good luck tomorrow with MS! :wizard: Please let us know how it turns out.

I had this happen- I went to the website and an entire vacation was gone! I called MS and the agent said he could see my ressie but didn't like what he saw. It had cancelled and no one put any "notes" into the ressie that I had called and cx it. A supervisor researched the issue and even went through my old emails and checked phone records and nothing could be found. Then she had the nerve to tell me that I had cancelled the ressie- even though there were no "notes" nor could she find a phone recording or email saying I did. I could not get the ressie back ( It was for a standard view room at AKLV Nov 30-Dec 5,08. )I finally spoke to a manager- no compensation was offered but I did get an apology. I'm not pleased with the whole thing and how it turned out. Fortunately we live nearby and I had no airfare, plus I was able to secure a cash res for the same time, but it was a huge mistake IMO, and I feel I should have been offered some type of compensation for their error and also the way I was treated. I didn't appreciate being accused of something I didn't do.---Kathy

I don't even know what I would have done. :scared1: You had a much better attitude than I would have had. We live far enough away though that we'd have the flights purchased. I guess I'd arrive on my flight and camp out until they found me a spot.

inky dinky doo
01-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Oh, gosh! :scared1: I hope everything's OK. I would be in such a panic, if this happened to me. :upsidedow Let us know how it turns out, OK?

queendarvet
01-09-2009, 03:43 AM
I think they are having some kind of weird glitch. My reservation for a week starting this Saturday disappeared on the website and all the pts appeared to be back in my account. But all my other ressies were still there.

This was pretty late at night so I called the resort directly and they said the reservation was still there. Then I called DVC this morning and at first the cast member said that it was a CASH reservation and I nearly flipped my lid. I told her I have never made a cash reservation and she went and checked something and came back and said my reservation was fine, but that they were doing something on the room category type or some such. Then she gave me the confirmation number again and told me not to worry.

Hopefully on Saturday I will not have to have a meltdown in the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If my reservation is messed up, they will have to have security carry me out... after holding me down and giving me a sedative!

By any chance, is your ressie for Animal Kingdom Lodge as well?

Yes, we are supposed to stay at AKV. There seems to be a problem here maybe? Hopefully things work out for all of us this weekend!

disneynutz
01-09-2009, 04:40 AM

I think that you were wrong for not demanding a room and getting one. Compensation shouldn't be offered but a new room should. MS works for you and the idea of you having to prove that you didn't cancel is ridicules. I am sure that Disney had an available room somewhere. It might not be at a DVC resort, be that's there problem, not yours.

JimMIA
01-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Sounds like they are having a problem between the DVC computer system and the resort computer system. Possibly when the ressie goes to the resort computer it's getting canceled out of the DVC computer somehow. :confused3
I agree with Dizneynutz that none of us should pay the price for Disney's mistakes -- if we have a confirmation and they can't prove WE canceled, they should provide a room. If they have to move a cash guest from a DVC villa, so be it.

The other thought that comes up is that they may be "walking" DVC points guests in order to sell the villa for cash. The hotel management obviously controls the rooms, they have a vested financial interest in selling rooms for cash, and that has been done in various hotel resorts from time to time. The note that one of the ressies appeared to be changed to a cash ressie makes me wonder, although it was apparently still in the DVC member's name.

I think a computer glitch is the more likely culprit in this case, though.

n2mm
01-09-2009, 07:19 AM
OMG, OP please let us know what happens. That would be a nightmare.

dis-happy
01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Last year we checked into BWV and had been upgraded from standard view to pool view (actually, it was a canal view). The points went wacky on the member website...the reservation showed we had cancelled and the points were in holding. During our stay we were treated as a CRO stay, housekeeping had me on their list every day (I had to lock them out). In the end, the member website doesn't even show that we made that stay and the holding points disappeared (but the totals were correct again as if we had taken the trip). I'm told that the front desk can make these kinds of changes with the points.

I wouldn't be surprised if they assigned your room, upgraded you, and have messed with the points. Hope that's all it is.

dianeschlicht
01-09-2009, 08:06 AM
YIKES! Now I am getting paranoid about our upcoming AKV ressie! I'm going to be checking the website daily!!! We leave in 11 days!

queendarvet
01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
I called MS and a very nice cm pulled up the ressie and told me that it now was a cash reservation! I told her I never cancelled and changed it to a cash reservation and that my confirmation read a points reservation. She put me on hold to speak with her supervisor. When she returned she assured me that the reservation is okay, the resort has my reservation intact (points reservation with the dining plan, etc.). She explained that once the reservation was moved over to the resort, they needed to rebook it (hence the cancellation). Her reason was due to the construction at AKV and the need to rebook in order to make sure everyone who has a reservation has a room. I am not sure I understand that logic but this is what I was told.

I was asssured that the original reservation is good. I would suggest anyone who has a future reservation to keep close tabs on it and call MS if anything changes!

Now I'm just hoping the snow that is in our forecast for Saturday doesn't mess up our travel plans for Sunday!!!

jenstall
01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Mine is pretty much the same. I'm at the Villas now, but I'm checking out tomorrow only to check back in again for the rest of the week.

I had a supervisor here check my reservation for tomorrow and she said that the resort had rebooked it because originally I had a bunch of linked reservations (due to waitlists, etc.) so now I just have one, and also they had to do a category change. I have no idea what the category change is about, but I'm guessing it's not an upgrade. I didn't bother to ask.

It is booked as a Cash reservation in their system, but she told me that basically it is Cash, but ZERO dollars charge. I'm guessing the points will work themselves out after my stay is over.

At any rate, she explained it sufficiently that I'm no longer worried about it :thumbsup2

Queen, if you want to meet for a drink or coffee during the week, drop me a pm. I'll be here until next Saturday!

tgropp
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I have never lost a reservation but my friend and myself have both reserved the meal plan on separate occasions and when we arrived, we were told that we did not ask for it.

Donna M
01-10-2009, 09:15 AM
When I made a reservation I was told the points would come out of holding. I never had points in holding but they said it was from from the Grand Floridian in August that I cancelled.

It took awhile for them to rectify it, since I told them that we would never had made summer reservations, too hot for us!

The CM was very nice about it. After that I have been keeping closer track of what they say are my points.

CarolMN
01-10-2009, 10:07 AM
The other thought that comes up is that they may be "walking" DVC points guests in order to sell the villa for cash. The hotel management obviously controls the rooms, they have a vested financial interest in selling rooms for cash, and that has been done in various hotel resorts from time to time. .....I don't see how they could legally do that. It would be converting (stealing, IMHO) member inventory to non-member inventory. Surely there are laws against that, LOL.

Anyway, I agree with you that it's probably some type of computer issue. There have been several reports lately of reservation/points problems with the DVC site. Hope that is all that it is.

dzorn
01-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I wonder if is them adjusting the reservations for no animals on the sunset savannah.

Denise in MI

LisaS
01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I wonder if is them adjusting the reservations for no animals on the sunset savannah.

Denise in MII was thinking that same thing. Guests assigned to rooms on the Sunset Savanna from Jan 15 - Apr 15 or however long the animals are removed from that savanna are supposed to be charged the Standard View rate instead of the Savanna View rate that they were charged when they originally booked.

DisneyBuffinDE
01-10-2009, 04:01 PM
:eek: OK now that I am freaking out I just went and looked on the web site. They have our DVC res at AKV Kidani in December but not our trip Feb 10-15 at ssr. Help! So the question is if you are using developer points does that show up on the web site or do just normal point show up. Now I'm scared our reservation for next month has been cancelled. Help!

CarolMN
01-10-2009, 05:11 PM
:eek: OK now that I am freaking out I just went and looked on the web site. They have our DVC res at AKV Kidani in December but not our trip Feb 10-15 at ssr. Help! So the question is if you are using developer points does that show up on the web site or do just normal point show up. Now I'm scared our reservation for next month has been cancelled. Help!Reservations made with developer points do NOT show up on the website.

DisneyBuffinDE
01-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Reservations made with developer points do NOT show up on the website.

Thank you so much! I'm so OCD about planning and to have this happen to me would make me sick, literally. Yeah I know I over react. Actually it has paid off in the past.

dclfun
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Everyone is right- I should've demanded a room somewhere and it should've been offered to start with. All I was told was that there was no availability in any resort but that they had tried to get me something. I've learned to check the website and take better care with monitoring my own points- trust no one, I guess, is now my motto. It's a shame- I never have had a problem with DVC and certainly didn't expect this along with the attitude of the supervisor who did the research and accused me of cancelling my ressie. For the OP, I'm glad everything is well- hope you enjoy your vacation!---Kathy

CalicoKitty2000
01-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I just looked and the RCI exchange that we booked for Cabo San Lucas on May 17th, says arriving Sept 1, departing Sept 8!!!! I confirmed with the woman that it was the 17th two or three times.... I surely hope this is an error in Disney's system and is correct in the RCI computer... I've made airline reservations using skymiles already... and the resort we got might not be available anymore as this reservation was made earlier this week...

fingers crossed!!!

Dean
01-11-2009, 05:08 AM
I just looked and the RCI exchange that we booked for Cabo San Lucas on May 17th, says arriving Sept 1, departing Sept 8!!!! I confirmed with the woman that it was the 17th two or three times.... I surely hope this is an error in Disney's system and is correct in the RCI computer... I've made airline reservations using skymiles already... and the resort we got might not be available anymore as this reservation was made earlier this week...

fingers crossed!!!Make certain you're not looking at what DVC gave RCI. If you're looking at the right dates, be worried. RCI will not take responsiblity on these issues. If nothing is available they may put you on a special list but they essentially give you exchanges As Is. II was the same way.

CalicoKitty2000
01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Make certain you're not looking at what DVC gave RCI. If you're looking at the right dates, be worried. RCI will not take responsiblity on these issues. If nothing is available they may put you on a special list but they essentially give you exchanges As Is. II was the same way.

Whew!!! Just got off the phone with member services. My May 17th date is still good. They said that they had to "transfer" the developer points into my account and then take them back out and that they had to put the 9/1 date because that is when I can "technicaly" start using my points since I bought into BLT. They said this was all for administrative puroposes and assured me that my check in date with RCI was still May 17th! Thank goodness, I was worried! :goodvibes

Dean
01-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Whew!!! Just got off the phone with member services. My May 17th date is still good. They said that they had to "transfer" the developer points into my account and then take them back out and that they had to put the 9/1 date because that is when I can "technicaly" start using my points since I bought into BLT. They said this was all for administrative puroposes and assured me that my check in date with RCI was still May 17th! Thank goodness, I was worried! :goodvibesGreat, enjoy your trip. There is an episode of the weekend getaways that Samantha Brown does for Cabo. I havn'e really found a good tour book for the area, at least not one I truly like yet. Since we'll be there (at the Grand Mayan) Jan 2010, be sure to let me know what you like and how it goes.

CalicoKitty2000
01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Great, enjoy your trip. There is an episode of the weekend getaways that Samantha Brown does for Cabo. I havn'e really found a good tour book for the area, at least not one I truly like yet. Since we'll be there (at the Grand Mayan) Jan 2010, be sure to let me know what you like and how it goes.

Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know for sure! Right now, I plan to rent a Jeep (want something more rugged for the roads) and visit the more remote beaches. I just researched Cabo beaches and found a lot of great links for them. I think DH will probably bring a telescope rod and reel (or will figure out how to get his heavier gear there) for surf fishing. Other than that, DH will probably do a diving trip while me a DS stay at the resort. In return, I'm either going to do a spa day or a cooking class with the resort's chef. I don't think we'll venture into town more than one day since our son is 2 and were really not into partying too much. I think we'll also do a glass bottom boat trip to the famous lovers beach. I"m really excited! :yay: :dance3: :banana:

Simba's Mom
01-11-2009, 12:21 PM

I'm so glad everything worked out. Yes, it has happened to us (and we still don't know why our reservation was cancelled) and like a PP here said, yes, it IS a nightmare. We arrived at HHI for Thanksgiving to find that the last 3 days of our reservation had been inexplicably cancelled. And we'd made the reservations on members' discounted cash, which doesn't (or at least didn't) show up on the website. To make matters more not-fun, the resort was full and we'd flown so we were "homeless" for the last 3 days until our flight back. Fortunately, people scrambled (our thanks to the front desk there, her name was Alexis, who was so helpful) and things worked out. Hey, it couldn't have left too bitter a taste since we're going back there this Thanksgiving. But we've learned to really write down and verify when you make reservations, and to minimize your call-backs to make any changes. Except now I'm wondering about those words "holding account".

pyrxtc
01-12-2009, 07:04 AM
well, I was there in December and I checked in on the 4th. I called later to see if my room was ready and they told me that my reservation had been canceled and did not have a room. I ALREADY HAD MY KEYS! Ugh! What a PIA that was. I still got my room cuz they hadn't had time to book someone into it yet sicne i had called early enough but it was a 2 bedroom sav view. I would ahve been really PO'ed if they moved me somewhere else and I would ahve been home selling my DVC since it would ahve been the 2nd time I was moved from AKV in 3 months.

dianeschlicht
01-12-2009, 07:25 AM
This is starting to sound like an AKV/AKL problem. Now I'm getting worried about my trip next week. I've checked it daily! We have a savana view 2 bedroom, and haven't heard a thing about not getting it, so I'm hoping we got our requested savanna and NOT sunset where we would have to worry.