View Full Version : Well, looks like we changed our minds!

01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
We had decided to go to Myrtle Beach this May but after much talk, we couldn't give up WDW a single year. Now it is ,get what we want, in 5 months. Well, of course, we are having trouble. No GV for the weeks we want. We will probably go with 2-2bedrooms. Does anyone know if there are 2 next to each other? We have small children who we would like to babysit together. I can see an issue if we aren't together. I might try for a another week if we can get a GV. We only need room for 12 but with 4 children, we think we are going with a GV and a studio. We can put all the children (3 familes) in the GV and I will sleep in the studio. None want to do the sofa bed especially me!!! I will let you know how all goes. We usually book at 11 months so this is new to me. We couldn't stand the idea of not seeing "Mickey" this year!
If we keep adding grandchildren, we might need 2 GV's!

01-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Let us know how it goes, here's some PD!pixiedust:

People here do say that May is an easier month to get DVC rooms.


01-09-2009, 08:25 AM
At this point get what you can just to try to have accomdations for everyone. If you need a GV, waitlist for any available regardless of resort. Good luck, we are going to VB and sending our son and future DIL to HHI for their honeymoon so no WDW for us this year!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
UPDATE: OKW GV HH Cat now available 5/17-5/22. Boys decided they would prefer more land time so changed to a 2 BR for 9 days now. ( Really need to thank these boys, they just saved me 5K).

Merilyn, when in May are looking for a GV? May be changing our ressie today from a GV to 2 BR @ OKW. We had planned on a 3 day DC followed by 5 days @ OKW GV May 17-22 as a grad present for our DS and a couple of his friends. This weekend the boys decided they would rather have the 3 extra days @ WDW than the cruise. My DS is going to let me know by noon today if that is what everyone truely wants and if so I am going to cancel the cruise and rebook @ OKW for a 2 BR for 4 additional days.

01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks again for the info. I think we are going May 9-17, but not sure right now. Couldn't get May 2-9 the other day.

01-11-2009, 10:40 PM
We booked OKW for May 9-16 for 2-2bedrooms. Didn't get the GV we wanted but will do OK with the 2 bedrooms. Glad we aren't going to miss our "Mickey" trip.