PDA

View Full Version : wedding

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Our Trip Review Has Begun!! TheLaughingPlace-aka our Disneymoon (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32975986#post32975986)

Our Photo Session in Epcot! (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33178956&postcount=1561)

:wave2: Hello Again Everyone!!!::wave2: :wave2:

My Pre Trip Planning Journal:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2110071

Wedding related Updates: (Because most is crazy rants)
Pg2: Colorscheme/BM/GM attire
ring/wedding band/program/monogram
Pg4:Honeymoon Registry DIY cards
Pg5: My awesome pink shoes/Our suits are ordered
Pg6: Gorillapod meets Jenny & Our Engagement Pics
Pg7: Rehearsal Dinner theme/ Second Dress/We won a DOC!
Pg8:Crypacks Begin
Pg12: Sand Ceremony / Cry Packs almost complete!
Pg14: Church Programs/Cardbox begins/Engagement figurines!
Pg 18: Place cards and Jordan Almond tags
Pg 19: Cardbox
Pg20: Table Numbers
Pg22: First Disney Wedding Gift!
Pg24: Vow Renewal Invite Ideas begin!
Pg25: Honeymoon Photoshoot dress/bridal shower dress/second wedding band
Pg27:Mickey Bride and Groom Pins DIY
Pg30: Poems for Vins Surprises
Pg37: Mock Up pocketfolds begin
Pg38: Invites done...plus Bridesmaid Dresses are here!
Pg46: Hair Trial+Invites out
Pg49-50: Favors and Such
Pg 51: Monogram
Pg57: Aisle Runner How To, Flowergirl Basket, RB pillow, Unity Candle
Pg 59- My Shower!

I was on a while back and I was so excited to be getting married in WDW. It was booked and set but, we have had some setbacks.

Fortunately we will now be doing a 14 day Disneymoon FOLLOWED by either a November 11 2010 or 2011 VR in Disney...
Which will be :VR in Morocco
Reception: Living Seas
Illuminations dessert party! YAY!

So I noticed I didn't add how we met... Although I find it to be the most amazing thing in the entire world, I apoligize if I make some of you fall asleep while reading!:coffee:
The reason why my family says we are a "Storybook" couple, is because of our beginning! Here is the story:

Once upon a time, there was a young girl who had given up on love. The year had brought her very terrible times, and tragedies, however she tried to be positive that her future would be better.
One day, this girl received a phone call from her very close friend, Mike. He was working at the local department store (cough;kohls;cough)and was bored. So, Jenny decided to take a walk with her mom to visit Mike at the store.
The visit was usual. They chatted to pass time while he folded clothes...mom shopped and then we headed back home. "I'll give you a call later" he said as they left.
Sure enough, Mike called Jenny a few hours later asking if she would want to go bowling. Then he proceeded to tell her somethign else...
"You know, this guy I work with, Vinnie, He was asking about you" he said kind of cheerfully. Mike was never one to set up his friends and so this came as a surprise to Jenny.
"Um, Yeah okay mike" said jenny feeling confused. And let the subject go.
After bowling, Mike and Jenny headed back to kohls to pick up his sister who worked till closing. While waiting, there was a knock on the window.
A very handsome man, in a purple shirt and tie was standing by the car. His smile was so beautiful and he was just so handsome. Jenny wanted to know more about him, but just sat looking at her feet!
Once the young man left she turned to Mike and said "Who was that? He was so handsome! I have to know who he is!" Jenny had never felt this way before...

Mikes face glowed and when he turned around he said "THAT...that is Vinnie. And he asked the same about YOU!"
The young girl was shocked. What were the odds that the two had seen eachother on the same day....11.11, and had immediately felt the same?
Mike gave Vinnie Jennys number and by Christmas, the two were a item. They had never felt that way about anyone else, and it was as if they had known eachtoher... forever...

(Sleeping yet? l:rotfl: )

Our Popped Engagement... :flower3:
I came home from Saturday School that I teach super early, and sat down. FH said "I have something for you!" And he was acting rather odd. His mom was acting strange too and she left. I was thinking to myself "OMG hes breaking up with me!!"
I am a very nervous person and my nerves get the best of me. On the TV was the movie "Flubber" and i love Robin Williams so I sat down...
I wasn't feeling good and told him. He wouldn't sit and when he did he would sit on the big chair next to me, not on the couch!
I thought it was odd but, I know I am also very sensitive...
So...
He walks into the kitchen and comes out with the snapple bottle. "Look what I found" he said, removing the plastic wrapper (ALthough it wa salready broken and he was just taking it off!)
He then pretended to be opening it for me, and I didn't notice I didn't hear a "pop"
When he handed it to me, right away I opened it and read the "fact" and said "Thats not nice, someone may thing their being proposed to!" and put the cap down. When I looked to my left there was df on one knee!!! I was in SHOCK and almost passed out...!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/18362490_3f1c2fc0bb.jpg
Fh proposed to me on a "out of the blueberry" snapple cap!
Originally he was going to do it in WDW but then decided that he couldnt wait and didn't know if they sold snapple. We are big tea fans... so it was perfect and i had NO CLUE... I was actually in shock!
The ring is aheart and it is absolutely stunning, It's from Blue Nile. Anyone in NY they just opened one here and the are way up there on the quality level!

Our wedding theme:
removed because wonderful df is on these boards as well lol..Sorry hunny... so pictures of the dress for u here!!

Blue, brown with accents of pink. Daisy's of course my favorite!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/wedding%20things/porcelain_tea_caddies200.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/wedding%20things/lifeisgoodchair.jpg
My favors will be the teapot tea caddy with the tea bags and we are looking into starfish sugar!

We aren't sure where we are going to put this yet but it is a MUST...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/wedding%20things/minniemickeycaketopper.jpg

Thank you all for your help in the past, And I apoligize for being a pest in the future! I am very nervous by nature...:confused3

Jenny:bride:

camara381
01-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Welcome Back!!!! Can't wait to catch up on all of your plans.

:cool1:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Thank you sweetheart! You know, it feels good to be back!

DisneyBrideToni
01-08-2009, 01:19 PM
:yay: We can't wait to hear all about your wedding and honeymoon plans! :yay:

Angela0917
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Can't wait to hear more?? When's your wedding?

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-08-2009, 03:22 PM
The wedding is 7.17.09!
Very soon!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Next is the following:

The actual booking of the honeymoon
The booking of our flights
Hair trials
Makeup trials
Veil

tiggersam00
01-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Love your E-story, how on earth did he make a custom snapple cap! You have a creative guy there! Can't wait to hear more!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Love your E-story, how on earth did he make a custom snapple cap! You have a creative guy there! Can't wait to hear more!

Hes a oddball, he actually opened the bottle scraped off the writing and then used some like, two way thing to put the text he wanted on. WHen he gave me the bottle he took the wrapper off (It was already broken) and opened it (or so I thought) Handed it to me...

I of course opened it and right away looked at the cap and said "Thats so mean someone may actually think their getting proposed to!" and put it down. Then to my surprise was my df on one knee next to me!!! Insanity! he's so smart :cutie: :love:

tiggersam00
01-10-2009, 01:22 PM
haha too funny:rotfl: ! Thats a great story for sure! Waiting to read the next chapter:goodvibes

Keira1387
01-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Welcome back!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Make Up Trial!

Okay so, I had my makeup teaching trial. FSIL is a makeup artist and I unfortunately have horrible allergies to everything. I am lucky that I am not allergic to my own skin! lol

So, we had to play around with certain make up for my that I wouldn't be allergic to... After many itchy rashes later, we found a few name brands that work wonders...

I really wanted a completely natural look, I hate the way I look with makeup. Some people can pull off the smokey eyes where I just look like a crazy person... not joking onebit by the way lol..
So here is the final outcome: Its much brighter in person however my camera stinks alittle.. (Thats what you get forplanning a at home wdding lol)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/wedding%20things/trial3.jpg

I'll have fake eyelashes the actual day of that I'll pray Im not allergic to the glue with! lol..... Now on to hair!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Hair is next...
Here is what I am looking to do. Has anyone done something similar and can post pictures so that I can get a feel if "Real" people can have this done? lol

This being the front
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/wedding%20things/Anne-Hathaway-Braided-Updo.jpg

This being the back
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/wedding%20things/597479895.jpg

I have a beautiful white daisy hair comb that I will be using for the hair and in the middle is a silver diamond starfish that will match the starfish on my sash in the back of my dress..

PrincessShea
01-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Hey just saw your reply in my PJ! Yes heart-cut diamonds are indeed awesome! :love: I love your ring, obviously! The makeup looks great too.

The engagement story is adorable. That is so sweet that your df thought up something so creative and executed it so well. He is definitely a keeper! :thumbsup2

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey just saw your reply in my PJ! Yes heart-cut diamonds are indeed awesome! :love: I love your ring, obviously! The makeup looks great too.

The engagement story is adorable. That is so sweet that your df thought up something so creative and executed it so well. He is definitely a keeper! :thumbsup2

Aww thank you sweetheart! DF knew what kind of weding band I wanted and so he said he didn't want to take away from it with adding diamonds to the ring...however I think the way you're are placed are absolutely stunning!!

Can't wait to read more on your PJ!

KittyKat08
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
That is an adorable proposal story. Your DF sounds like a great guy. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-12-2009, 08:19 AM
So, here is a small but VERY exciitng update on my wedding... FSIL is Pregnant! She is due the end of August which means she will have a very luvly baby bump walking down the aisle as a bridesmaid!

Her son is also our ring bearer so I am beyond excited. I had taken a class in College years back on old religion weddings (strange class but worth it) and found out that in olden timesthey would pick a "bearer" meaning someone who was with child to bring them luck on fertility. So I was secretly praying that someone would be preggo for my wedding because of personal issues and now, my wish comes true!! Hopefully our "magical honeymoon" is even more magical (if you know what I mean)...

Other than that, I am beyond excited. Had to put a call in to make sure she could get a bigger size and the place we ordered them from were fine with it! We are getting the wtoo dresses and they are tea length and very flowy so I'm not too worried! I am sure she will look beyond stunning (DF entire family is beautiful they all look like movie stars in my opinion!)

So, the makeup trial was a success which makes me happy. The only thing I am worried about now, is not being too nervous and being able to do my own make up the day of. Oh nerves.. why do they get the best of me?

I don't know if most of you remember but we are renovating df basement into an appartment .He gutted it and re-did it to make it very livable... It actually looks like a mini-cottage now and I can not wait to live ther with him. He is very old fashioned so we are waiting till the wedding to live together. It's almost done as well! SO much good news in such a short period of time!!
I will update with pictures as soon as I can!
Jenny

nickandlarisa
01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi :wave: I'm just catching up on these boards since waaaay before the holidays. I will be on my disneymoon the same time as you!!! Good luck with everything, can't wait to count down with you!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 08:03 AM
:cutie: Hi :wave: I'm just catching up on these boards since waaaay before the holidays. I will be on my disneymoon the same time as you!!! Good luck with everything, can't wait to count down with you!

Hi Back!
We were there last July as well for the engagement! We stayed at CBR though! Did you know that they have engagement pins now? I am so angry that we didn't get one last summer! I am planning on getting one this year as well as the "just married"!

Hope your plans are coming along smoothly!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Is anyone else having registry issues? I know I am and it's driving me nuts. DF and I really have mostly everything we need. We put things on the registry that we would love to have but wouldn't buy ourselves (which I thought was the purpose of it?)
Well there were a few comments made that "We have expensive taste" on things like our sheets etc. The truth is, is that, we really use grose sheets, like the ones that arent even number thread count and wanted to start our marriage with REAL 350 thread count cotton sheets... Now those of you who sleep with nice sheets know, that these at times can be expensive.
But I didn't feel like 70 dollars for a good set is that bad? So we have now added some "cheap sheets'' on. I am not happy about this though...

My mom says I should ignore them and leave what I have on. However I worry about everything and anything that is said to me, or about me....yes, I am one of those lol...

We are also planning on doing the disney registry and I am worried that then people will think we are being greedy or something of that nature.

I wonder why people turn your wedding into their own problems? It makes me sad that we decided to make them happy and stay here for the wedding, and yet it is still not enough...

Okay so, enough complaining... good news...My MOH's shower will be soon! And I am beyond excited. I have already stalked her registry and I think I've come up with a pretty awesome idea for her gifts... a morning basket (things like her coffee maker, expresso sets etc and then little odds and ends here and there, sugar, powdered creamer...etc)

Registries can be fun... if they're not your own lolol

tiggersam00
01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b Is anyone else having registry issues? I know I am and it's driving me nuts. DF and I really have mostly everything we need. We put things on the registry that we would love to have but wouldn't buy ourselves (which I thought was the purpose of it?)
Well there were a few comments made that "We have expensive taste" on things like our sheets etc. The truth is, is that, we really use grose sheets, like the ones that arent even number thread count and wanted to start our marriage with REAL 350 thread count cotton sheets... Now those of you who sleep with nice sheets know, that these at times can be expensive.
But I didn't feel like 70 dollars for a good set is that bad? So we have now added some "cheap sheets'' on. I am not happy about this though...

My mom says I should ignore them and leave what I have on. However I worry about everything and anything that is said to me, or about me....yes, I am one of those lol...

We are also planning on doing the disney registry and I am worried that then people will think we are being greedy or something of that nature.

I wonder why people turn your wedding into their own problems? It makes me sad that we decided to make them happy and stay here for the wedding, and yet it is still not enough...

Okay so, enough complaining... good news...My MOH's shower will be soon! And I am beyond excited. I have already stalked her registry and I think I've come up with a pretty awesome idea for her gifts... a morning basket (things like her coffee maker, expresso sets etc and then little odds and ends here and there, sugar, powdered creamer...etc)

Registries can be fun... if they're not your own lolol

Put whatever you want on there, it's YOUR registry! If anyone says anything otherwise just tell them that you and DF have decided on what you need for your new life together and it may be expensive but you will be using it everynight. Don't feel pressured to put anything up there you dont want.

Also, I see nothing wrong with 2 registrys, most of my girlfriends that are getting married have at LEAST 2 registrys. DF and I are planning on crate and barrel and disney because we have lived together for 2 1/2 years and dont really need too much. People can always give you a gift card and avoid the reg altogether too.

I'm sure it will all work out, registrys can be fun :) Good luck:goodvibes

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Also, I see nothing wrong with 2 registrys, most of my girlfriends that are getting married have at LEAST 2 registrys. DF and I are planning on crate and barrel and disney because we have lived together for 2 1/2 years and dont really need too much. People can always give you a gift card and avoid the reg altogether too.

We were having fun! Until people said something:confused3

But you are right its OUR registry!!!!!:scared1: (can i be a bridezilla?)

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Wearing His Heart

I know the picture in my beginning part of the pj has the "ring" however here is the real ring and my wedding band:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/1.jpg
Clearer view
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/kj.jpg

When df and I had first started talking about marriage I didn't say anything except that I didn't care about rings. Shortly after that he said to me "I promise to marry you in the future" and then proceeded to give me the plastic ring off of an orange juice container.:rotfl2:

Now, many may have thought I was INSANE but, I wore that ring FOR A YEAR! It was a promise and like I had said, I didn't care what it was as long as he made the promise thats what that ring represented...

Well, when he proposed, the plastic ring had broken months before... and he said "Jen you're the love of my life, you are my heart will you marry me"

And so I am "wearing his heart" every day.

The band I picked out. I wanted something differnet and "magical" looking. Witht his ring and band it was very hard to find something to match and so when we found this we were hooked!!:cheer2:

Angela0917
01-13-2009, 02:16 PM
OMG, don't even worry about what people say about your registry! Don't change it for them!!! We don't really need anything either, we've been living together for almost 2 years, and we already bought our house so anything we NEEDED we went out and bought. So, the registry was kinda fun because we just picked random things we want... including more expensive sheets! I believe ours are $70 a set too. I must admit though, when I saw the prices I kinda freaked!:lmao: I would never spend $70 on sheets for myself, but I would LOVE to have them! And if someone thinks that they're too expensive, than whatever, they don't buy them! People just like to complain... just let it go in one ear and out the other!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
OMG, don't even worry about what people say about your registry! Don't change it for them!!! We don't really need anything either, we've been living together for almost 2 years, and we already bought our house so anything we NEEDED we went out and bought. So, the registry was kinda fun because we just picked random things we want... including more expensive sheets! I believe ours are $70 a set too. I must admit though, when I saw the prices I kinda freaked!:lmao: I would never spend $70 on sheets for myself, but I would LOVE to have them! And if someone thinks that they're too expensive, than whatever, they don't buy them! People just like to complain... just let it go in one ear and out the other!

I know...its kind of silly now that I'm thinking about it. The point in the registry is things for us, nice things to start our lives with. Not going to the dollar store and getting sheets made from toilet paper:rotfl2:

Then again...you never know

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Here Comes The Theme...

Usually when I post I am not at home, I am at work. And they have alot of sites blocked so I can barely post any pictures.
But, I'm home:cool1:
So Now I can update my crazy wedding things!
:woohoo: :woohoo:
The color scheme:Blue dresses, the brown sash, brown shoes and pink daisys...my favorite!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/5645127_1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/ll.jpg

These are the actual dresses for the bridesmaids. They will be the blue/brown. The second is the Junior bridesmaids dress. I am still a bit hesitant about it...she is only 12 and I worryit is too revealing...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/3.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/watters.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/308237.jpg

This is the look we are hoping to go with for the Groomsmen. Brown shoes brown belt. We are nixing the blue shirts because of sweat...:laughing:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/308236.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/187041.jpg

My adorable Flower girl and Ring Bearer outfits:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/308239.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/308326.gif

And my monogram...which i worked way too hard on only to hear "I dont know about the starfish"--meanie family members:mad:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/untitled.jpg

Up next: I am working on a "Playbill" for the church. See, our family says we are a fairytale come to life, and this is the next chapter in our story...so, when Iwent to see little mermaid I got the idea of making our wedding ceremony into a "play".... here is the front cover of what I have so far:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/playbill1.jpg

I drew it and incorporated "us".... DF added the color!
The beach: Our favorite thing in the world
The snapple bottles: engagement, we love our tea
Umbrella:Every single holiday or special event was showered by rain for us!

Lynn5700
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
How exciting for your SIL! You have a lot of exciting things going on, good for you!

The ring is gorgeous hun! Love it!

Lynn5700
01-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Oooh just saw your colors and everything.. Gorgeous! love the playbill!

Angela0917
01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Aww, your stuff is so cute!! I love everything!

Where are your bridesmaid dresses from? My brother's fiance is looking for blue and brown bridesmaid dresses for her wedding! She would love them!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
How exciting for your SIL! You have a lot of exciting things going on, good for you!

The ring is gorgeous hun! Love it!

I am beyond excited! She had a really terrible experience with the first and was afriad to have another...so this is a really big (and exciting) deal!!!!!

Oooh just saw your colors and everything.. Gorgeous! love the playbill!

THANK YOU!!! I cant wait to post the rest of it. I worked for three months on it but it doesn't want to show up nice... mean playbill!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Aww, your stuff is so cute!! I love everything!

Where are your bridesmaid dresses from? My brother's fiance is looking for blue and brown bridesmaid dresses for her wedding! She would love them!

The bridesmaid dresses are watters wtoo collection and they are really inexpensive. I thought they would be ALOT and they are around 160. However, you can find them online for cheaper!!!:banana:

camara381
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
I love all of your ideas. The color are FABULOUS!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I love all of your ideas. The color are FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much!:flower3:

DisneyBrideToni
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Put whatever you want on there, it's YOUR registry! If anyone says anything otherwise just tell them that you and DF have decided on what you need for your new life together and it may be expensive but you will be using it everynight. Don't feel pressured to put anything up there you dont want.

I'm sure it will all work out, registrys can be fun :) Good luck:goodvibes

I agree!!! You put whatever you want on your registry. I had 60.00 sheets and 80.00 sheet sets and got both so people will buy it. They just like to complain. Actually the first things that went off of my registry was all the expensive things...:rotfl: People just like to complain. Oh and you can have 2 registries. I had 3! One at Bed, Bath and Beyond, one at Target and one at Pfaltzgraff.com and they are all empty. Actually people complained at my shower that they had to think up something to get me because all my stuff was gone so I say register wherever you want for whatever you want and tell everyone to keep quiet. :thumbsup2

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
I agree!!! You put whatever you want on your registry. I had 60.00 sheets and 80.00 sheet sets and got both so people will buy it. They just like to complain. Actually the first things that went off of my registry was all the expensive things...:rotfl: People just like to complain. Oh and you can have 2 registries. I had 3! One at Bed, Bath and Beyond, one at Target and one at Pfaltzgraff.com and they are all empty. Actually people complained at my shower that they had to think up something to get me because all my stuff was gone so I say register wherever you want for whatever you want and tell everyone to keep quiet. :thumbsup2

Hmmm...will you be my guide?:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I need you as my conscience to tell people off when they start to bother me!!!!!!!

DisneyBrideToni
01-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Hmmm...will you be my guide?:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I need you as my conscience to tell people off when they start to bother me!!!!!!!

:rotfl: no problem!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-14-2009, 09:44 AM
:rotfl: no problem!!

:banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Woo hoo!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-14-2009, 10:03 AM
My mom has been very stressed lately. I know that she is worried about my wedding, and throwing me a bridal shower... but I fear that it has taken a toll on her.
A little background on my mom... She is my favorite person in the entire world. :hug: Mother Theresa witha little attitude. I wish when I have children she would raise them so that they would come out like her...
She had cancer in her uterus that they found in July right before her birthday and in October had a hysterectomy. She has recovered beautifully and quicker than expected...:yay: but still wasn't able to make her disney vacation in December which she has been dreaming about. Her first time tehre Itook her for her birthday, two years ago and she was like a little kid. It was so much fun! I felt like the mom taking her daughter!

After the registry fiasco two days ago, I decided to make two registries and then the third will be the disney registry...for anyone who doesnt find anything to get me on the next...So, this was easier and less stressful for mom...

The problem is, I've been noticing lately that her short term memory isn't that great. :confused3 She also suffers from Epstein Barr Syndrom and Cronic Fatique... and I worry that my wedding and shower is taking a toll on her...
I am very close to telling her that I would like to be in charge of my shower and that I want her to tell me when it is just to ease the stress. However, I know since my sister will probably never get married, and I am my moms first, that this will hurt her.
I know alot of you go through similar situations, so I thought that maybe, I would be able to get some insight. I dont mean to be a downer....I apoligize about this. Its just a very hard decision to make:headache:
Ive asked my df and he said to just let her do it herself, and fmil said the same...however they are not the brides... you know?

Any suggestions?:surfweb:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Okay, with the other post, I decided to let you guys in on my next project: Hidden Mickeys.

I am not sure how I am going to go about these little guys. Originally I had planned on putting three little diamonds on the bottoms of my shoes, however, I decided on the JV and 7.17 instead...

I saw one bride had put them in her veil. I was thinking of doing this as well...but what about my dress? Do you think it would be hard to find? lol...maybe I could do a "Find the hidden mickey" game at the wedding!!! lol

My mom had ordered the William Sonoma Build A Bear cake pans and we decided that as a surprise for DF we would make two cakes, a bride and groom, and turn them into disneymooners! We would make the little mickey ears, and make a few small pins, etc. I'm beyond excited about this because, I will have the week before to start to make their accessories! And, this will be something special for df and I to cut into at the wedding...How we're getting it there without him knowing...who knows!! lol:rotfl:

So thats something that we will be working on next. I've decided to get a planner for the reception as well though too, because I dont want mom to have that to worry about along with everything else....:scared1:

Yesterday I received my "Place" cards from Vista print for the guests. They read:

If you've been taking pictures
from this morning through tonight
we'd love for you to share them
Just upload them to our sight!

And then we have a snapfish account set up that the guests can log into and upload their digital pictures. Another bride I know did this and I thought it was such a cute idea. She got some adorable pictures too!

tiggersam00
01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom, I went through a silmilar situation with my grandma when I was planning a wedding 5 years ago that never happened (long story). Why not ask you sister or another close female in your family to offer to help her out, I am guessing she doesn't want you to have to help since it's "your day" but I can understand your concern. If she says no then you just have to let her do it on her own, my grandma was super stubborn and didnt want any help, but she finally let my cousin help her. Hopefully it all works out though, let me know...
Glad the registry all worked out, just let people complain, most people love to :lmao: I cant wait to see your cakes, let us know how they come out.

I am totally stealing the picture idea too! Who knows what pics might end up there lol!

Lynn5700
01-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Okay, with the other post, I decided to let you guys in on my next project: Hidden Mickeys.

I am not sure how I am going to go about these little guys. Originally I had planned on putting three little diamonds on the bottoms of my shoes, however, I decided on the JV and 7.17 instead...

I saw one bride had put them in her veil. I was thinking of doing this as well...but what about my dress? Do you think it would be hard to find? lol...maybe I could do a "Find the hidden mickey" game at the wedding!!! lol

My mom had ordered the William Sonoma Build A Bear cake pans and we decided that as a surprise for DF we would make two cakes, a bride and groom, and turn them into disneymooners! We would make the little mickey ears, and make a few small pins, etc. I'm beyond excited about this because, I will have the week before to start to make their accessories! And, this will be something special for df and I to cut into at the wedding...How we're getting it there without him knowing...who knows!! lol:rotfl:

So thats something that we will be working on next. I've decided to get a planner for the reception as well though too, because I dont want mom to have that to worry about along with everything else....:scared1:

Yesterday I received my "Place" cards from Vista print for the guests. They read:

And then we have a snapfish account set up that the guests can log into and upload their digital pictures. Another bride I know did this and I thought it was such a cute idea. She got some adorable pictures too!

The place cards are such a great idea!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom, I went through a silmilar situation with my grandma when I was planning a wedding 5 years ago that never happened (long story). Why not ask you sister or another close female in your family to offer to help her out, I am guessing she doesn't want you to have to help since it's "your day" but I can understand your concern. If she says no then you just have to let her do it on her own, my grandma was super stubborn and didnt want any help, but she finally let my cousin help her. Hopefully it all works out though, let me know...
Glad the registry all worked out, just let people complain, most people love to :lmao: I cant wait to see your cakes, let us know how they come out.

I am totally stealing the picture idea too! Who knows what pics might end up there lol!

I'm sorry about your grandma.. and thre previous wedding that never happened. We had one of those too... but thankfully it didn't happen and Im with the "right" man now....

My sister is clueles... literally...you know the movie "Clueless?" She looks and sounds like the main character. She's in the bridal party...but my best friend, my MOH is helping my mom. She just recently moved to another part of NY though and its pretty far away from us so that sanother concern... and did I mention... shes planning her own wedding?:rotfl: Oh lordy...

I guess the bottom line is to offer it to my mom and if she says no...giv eher a big hug!lol

I'm glad you guys like the picture idea! I LOVED IT! And wait till you see the pictures that may pop up! Totally worth it! And ifyou go to vistaprint.com now I think 250 are free and shipping is 6.00 so it's worth every penny! When I get home ill show what they look like! Just a "F" for our last innitial and then the poem with the set up code :)

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-15-2009, 07:39 AM
So, yesterday, we were supposed to officially book our HM....

See, my uncle works for WDW and is getting us a special deal... but last night the Disney website decided to not work for us, and, well, made me very sad...

It seemed like our dream honeymoon couldn't be... The suites for the WL HM are all booked and according to the website, says there are no club level rooms either. This made df and I very upset since we wanted to stay clublevel and have the whirlpool. He has a very bad back.

Well, three hours later we go online and bOOM there it is. Back on the site. So, Vinnie calls up Disney and they say "Yes,there are plenty of club level rooms available"....:confused3

So we are praying...literally prayed together last night... that todaywhen he tries to book it again, the computer system works!! It will either be there, the Grand Floridian (although I didn't like the rooms) or the Beach club...:woohoo:

I am going to keep praying because honestly.... I would like a nice honeymoon with all thats gone on this year...

UPDATE ON MOM:

I brought up me helping her plan my shower and she said... " Nope, You're too controling...plus me and ness have some ideas already"...hmmm? So I just dropped it and let it go....She wasn't upset or anything so thats good:banana:

ps- I really just love that banana dancing:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Could it be because I love banana's? :laughing: :rotfl:
(I need more sleep today)

tiggersam00
01-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b I'm sorry about your grandma.. and thre previous wedding that never happened. We had one of those too... but thankfully it didn't happen and Im with the "right" man now....

My sister is clueles... literally...you know the movie "Clueless?" She looks and sounds like the main character. She's in the bridal party...but my best friend, my MOH is helping my mom. She just recently moved to another part of NY though and its pretty far away from us so that sanother concern... and did I mention... shes planning her own wedding? Oh lordy...

I guess the bottom line is to offer it to my mom and if she says no...giv eher a big hug!lol

I'm glad you guys like the picture idea! I LOVED IT! And wait till you see the pictures that may pop up! Totally worth it! And ifyou go to vistaprint.com now I think 250 are free and shipping is 6.00 so it's worth every penny! When I get home ill show what they look like! Just a "F" for our last innitial and then the poem with the set up code

Thanks, but at least we both have the right guys now :lovestruc
Thats good that your MOH is helping your mom, it sounds like they may have a few surprises in store for you, so hey 1 less thing for you to worry about:thumbsup2

I am totally stealing the vista print idea and doing that for our wedding too, cant wait to see the pics, and I just had my breakfast today and guess what I had...a :banana: hahahaha:rotfl2:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks, but at least we both have the right guys now :lovestruc
Thats good that your MOH is helping your mom, it sounds like they may have a few surprises in store for you, so hey 1 less thing for you to worry about:thumbsup2

I am totally stealing the vista print idea and doing that for our wedding too, cant wait to see the pics, and I just had my breakfast today and guess what I had...a :banana: hahahaha:rotfl2:

lol:rotfl: I will have mine for lunch!
I hope you didnt order yet, i have a link that saves you 25% off for vista! We just got ours (but they were free) I would check to see if they are still free...they can be pricey if you pay regular price i believe 25 dollars....

Let me know!:wizard:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Okay so if you use this link:
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/welcomeback.aspx?xnav=welcome
You get 50% off your entire order...

AND
This is the link for the free business cards!!
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/top_deals.aspx?GP=1%2f15%2f2009+11%3a32%3a20+AM&AID=4992835&PID=1348619&SID=so_557_1391_2009-01-15

**Also with the last link you can get a tshirt for free too. I did...it it the bride and groom and it says "Happiness is marrying your best friend Vinnie and jen 717" Take advantage of the free things!! lol

tiggersam00
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
awesome thanks!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Honeymoon...Check.

So, after pulling many strings....our favorite person was able to get us the HONEYMOON SUITE in WILDERNESS LOUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is that?

I said like a million prayers last night because I was shocked to hear that all these places were booked... but when he called to tell me it was done...I nearly fainted. It was wonderful. I am so excited because this is somewhere that df and I have wanted to stay for a very very long time. And the fact that now we get the honeymoon suite... makes it even more memorable. We will never be able to stay there again, because of money but, its something we will remember always and forever. Plus, the whirlpool doesnt hurt much haha....

So now, I am off to add to my Honeymoon Registry. YAY! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

camara381
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Yay for getting the Wilderness Lodge!!!!

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

DisneyBrideToni
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Yay for the wilderness lodge!!! :banana: That is where we are staying for our honeymoon. We are in the Villas though through my parents DVC.

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Yay for getting the Wilderness Lodge!!!!

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

I KNOW!!! I second the banana dance!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay for the wilderness lodge!!! :banana: That is where we are staying for our honeymoon. We are in the Villas though through my parents DVC.

Sooo awesome!! You will have to tell me all about it when you go... 16 days!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-16-2009, 06:52 AM
All Aboard! .

So, last night I booked the flights as well through Jet blue. We had a issue last year so we received vouchers for our next flight.

Does anyone else LOVE putting in the flights for Disney's magical Express? I feel like little kid when I get to do it!:cool1: It's like believing in Santa all over again! The screen pops up and there it is! Flight and Date! Thats what makes it really feel "real!"

We started our Disneymoon registry as well.

:beach:

Okay so I am on cloud nine right now and I am so excited!! Does this ever wear off???:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 09:20 AM
How About Some Registry Fun?.

:cool1: So, last night after trying for hours to explain to the fil's how the HM registry works, I decided that I would create the cards to actually SHOW them.

I guess they can't understand how they purchase something for my shower, but have nothing to show for it. So this way, They are able to show something (like place it in the card etc)

One question I have though is, once your registry is set up do you get a special website to go to? Or is the www.disneyhoneymoonregistry.com thing enough?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/honeymoonregistry.jpg

I had alof of fun and actually found the "Disney" font to save to my computer. Thank goodness that DFi is in graphics or I would have no idea how to do this or go about it!

Another question... is this okay? Or is the pink too"girly". The way I looked at is was that it was going to be sent out inmy shower cards... and I'm a girl... so pink castle?:rotfl:

malibustacey
01-18-2009, 11:44 AM
ooh i love all your ideas!! you have so many great ideas it makes me feel bad! I love how you are creating all your cards and stuff, and yes that registry card looks fine! the colors are very pretty and it looks pefect.

You seem soooo organised!!

Heh, yor mum sounds cute- not wanting to let you help with the shower! and going to Disney for the first time!!

I look forward to reading more!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 01:03 PM
ooh i love all your ideas!! you have so many great ideas it makes me feel bad! I love how you are creating all your cards and stuff, and yes that registry card looks fine! the colors are very pretty and it looks pefect.

You seem soooo organised!!

Heh, yor mum sounds cute- not wanting to let you help with the shower! and going to Disney for the first time!!

I look forward to reading more!!

Let me know if you would like me to do anything for u! I get very bored at work and would love to send it on over!!!
My mom's adorable... I was just comingon to load our engagement party pictures... she did the entier thing herself!

I amhaving fun reading your pj also!!
Jenny

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Cupcake Factory Opens...
and the Engagement Party Begins

So, as soon as we got engaged mom & dad wanted to throw us an engagement party! Soon after she decided it must be ON her birthday (Since last year we were in WDW and since she was sick this year... she couldn't go)

So, her passion is cupcakes..cupcake everything....and she incorporated her love of cupcakes into our "Life is sweet" theme! And trust me, we were in cupcake heaven for a month!!

At the time we were still having a disney wedding, and this was the original Save the date:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/disneymickeyhead.jpg

We also made a second to go with our Engagement theme:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0632.jpg

And then, there was the cupcakes...
Mom begins the madness

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0698.jpg

Cupcake Invites:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0248.jpg

Cupcakes:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0712.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0618.jpg

Cupcake favors:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0016.jpg

The "Cupcake" cake...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0707.jpg

Cupcake Favor Tags (mom literally colored each one...)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0334.jpg

Fondant Cupcake Cake Top
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0699.jpg

Our Cupcake Sign In Board (DF used our baby pictures!)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0693.jpg

And the Final beautiful product
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0023.jpg

We had such an amazing time. We had it in a little pub close to where we live (where i grew up) and everyone loved it. The owner gave us the entire restaurant as well! It was just great...This is some of the bridal party...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/CopyofPICT0054.jpg

Some little extra’s mom added were the personalized hershey’s kisses and the toasting glasses!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0055.jpg

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Will You Be My... Could You be My.....

And after all mom's cupcake fun, I decided I wanted some fun of my own!
I got alot of these ideas from brides on other boards, and so if you can't see the poems, and want them let me know I'll be pleased to send them your way!
The Ring bearer’s gift
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0345.jpg

Flower Girl
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0289.jpg

Will you be my Bridesmaids:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/DSCF0064.jpg

Will you be my Groomsmen (DF actually did these himself!)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0253.jpg

Will you be my Junior bridesmaid:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0259.jpg

And then we got them all little pins to go on them:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0326.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0328.jpg

Up Next: Our Engagement Photo Session... By the Mom of all trades...

tiggersam00
01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
sooo cute! I love the cupcakes, they look so yummy!
Your honeymoon registry cards are adorable, how did you make them? I am def going to steal :scratchin I mean borrow:scratchin , that idea! What program did you use for them? Cant wait to keep reading!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 08:48 PM
sooo cute! I love the cupcakes, they look so yummy!
Your honeymoon registry cards are adorable, how did you make them? I am def going to steal :scratchin I mean borrow:scratchin , that idea! What program did you use for them? Cant wait to keep reading!

I used a program called printmaster silver. I got it for ten dollars! If you search its the green one! It is wonderful!!

And you can borrow anything you'd like!! I love to share! (What kind of a teacher would I be if I didn't live by my own rules? :rotfl: )
Most of my items I was helped with by alot of other girls so of course I don't mind! If you want I can send you the background image I used to make life easy on you! Let me see if it will upload here first!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Here you go hun, hope this helps and is clear enough
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/castle.jpg

tiggersam00
01-18-2009, 09:34 PM
thank you so much, your the best!:cheer2:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-18-2009, 10:04 PM
thank you so much, your the best!:cheer2:

your more than welcome!:goodvibes

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Pink Lady

So today was a big success! I cut out all of the 60 Wedding registry cards for Disney.
We spoke about our VR ceremony... We've decided on doing it for DF 30th birthday!! So, we'll aim for 2011! Preferably 11.11.2011 since we met on 1111!

And the newest... would be my shoes!
I ordered larger diamonds to make mickets as well on the bottom!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0052.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0054.jpg:cheer2: :cheer2:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
:mic: Attention....attention....The bride will be wearing non-traditional shoes. Attention...attention.... this is an emergency:mic:

Oh lordy. Now, I know that df comes from a very very traditional catholic family. BUT MY SHOES? Will walking down the aisle in pink shoes really cause me to go to hell?

Okay maybe I'm over reacting here, however, COME ON? A comment was made... "But their pink, and you're getting marriedin the church, I mean, change into them at the reception. ITs not propper to walk down the aisle in them in a church"....

:scared:

I thought they were very antique/vintage looking and since my dress is antique/vintage i figured it would be nice.... something out of the usual for an out of the ordinary couple....(couple of nuts)

DF thinks they are wonderful so that's all I should care about right? It'snot like I am walking down the aisle with a hot pink dress (Which I considered having part of it pink in the beginning....however... i also thought I should avoid the drama:snooty: ) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Weddings truly bring out the "best" in people dont they?:clown:

camara381
01-20-2009, 08:48 AM
I personally think the shoes are gorgeous!!! Who cares what they say- I am wearing blue shoes, now I haven't even began to tell my mother she'd freak!!!! When I wear blue nail polish she has a few choice words for me!!!! Oh well ~ what can you do...

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-20-2009, 09:10 AM
I personally think the shoes are gorgeous!!! Who cares what they say- I am wearing blue shoes, now I haven't even began to tell my mother she'd freak!!!! When I wear blue nail polish she has a few choice words for me!!!! Oh well ~ what can you do...

:rotfl2: sounds like df family!!!!! I am worried one of the bm will wear brown nailpolish and someone will come over with remover!!! lol

I love blue shoes by the way. IF the BM weren't wearing blue I'd be wearing blue shoes in a heartbeat!!!

Okay so here is what we are planning for our Food/ Dinner Ressies:

I am beyond excited by the way!

Monday:we arrive and i figured it would be just a lounge day.
Tuesday: Biergarten
Wednesday: Liberty Tree Tavern
Thursday: Breakfast at Crystal Palace (WOOHOO MICKEY TOAST)
Friday-Ohana dinner and then watch the fireworks (thanks for that tip!)
Saturday:HW Brown derby for Dinner and possibly SciFi for lunch
Sunday: Dinner at SciFi incase we skip lunch the day before
Monday-Chef Mickeys for Dinner
Tuesday- HWStudios fantasmic package
Wednesday: Crystal Palace for breakfast and CORAL reef for dinner
Thursday: LeCellier Steakhouse yay!
Friday-relax and use the CL lol

tiggersam00
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Sounds like you need to put on the patented :cool1: hater blockers:cool1: and forget what everyone else says! I love the pink shoes and they are very elegent and not loud at all! I say keep the shoes and save your worries for bigger battles. I am wearing hot pink shoes and my grandma is shocked but at the end of the day it's my choice, just like wearing your pretty pink shoes is yours. Now go on and wear em' with pride!:goodvibes Pink Rocks!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-21-2009, 07:42 AM
WOO HOO pink shoes! I guess we should start a pink ladies club on this site huh? lol...

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Suits... The Boys Have To Wear Clothes!
And...HONEYMOON REGISTRY CARD MAKES JENNY Excited!

:cool1: :cool1:
So the suits that Vinnie had chosen were from MW. I was a bit hesitant when he showed them to me because they were 300 dollars:sad2: and much more expensive than my bm dresses!!

But df has a certain style he tries to achieve and so this is what we got...

Joseph and Feiss Summer Suithttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/joesphfeisssuit.jpg

HOWEVER... get this... they are BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

So, the boys only spent around 155 to get them beause of free shipping! How awesome is that?

Everything is slowly coming together and it's so nice.

Then, later in the day I went down stairs to check the mail and low and behold I get the Disney HM registry card!! Now I was freaking out so much that my mom took a picture so Iwill be sure to post that later when I get home!!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0061.jpg

So, I run to my computer and type in my card information and
DUMM DUMM DUMM DUM DUMDUM!!!!!

I now have a Honeymoon Registry! And within five minutes of me posting it, someone already purchased little odds and ends (Probably my mom but WHO CARES!) :cheer2:

AlternateEgo
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I love your pink shoes!

anewmac
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
love your pj... ok since im not a disney bride or anything just love reading peoples planning of their dream weddings.. what is a Disney Registry?

camara381
01-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Yay for getting your HM registry card!!!!! :cheer2:

Lynn5700
01-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Your shoes are adorable!!!! I love getting the HM card in the mail, how exciting.

All your ADRS sound great!! I'm excited for you!

polynesianbride
01-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I think the pink shoes are GREAT! :thumbsup2 They will be under your dress and no one will really even see them... so I say wear them and just don't bring them to the attention to anyone who is going to rain on your parade:cool1: ! It's your day and it sounds like you have already been more than accomodating to everyone elses wishes! For some reason I can't see the pic of the suits but I'm glad you got a great deal on them! :cheer2: Can't wait to hear more!

Angela0917
01-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I love the pink shoes!!!!! Who cares what everybody thinks!!!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I love your pink shoes!

THANK YOU! THe more i look at this page the more in love with them iam...

love your pj... ok since im not a disney bride or anything just love reading peoples planning of their dream weddings.. what is a Disney Registry?
Aww yay im glad!! At times i find myself to blab too much which is odd since by nature...I'm shy... honest!
The disney registry is a honeymoon registry that you can sign up for and people can purchasethings like your dinners, and mickey ears etc!

Your shoes are adorable!!!! I love getting the HM card in the mail, how exciting.

All your ADRS sound great!! I'm excited for you!

Awww thank you!!!!!!!! I'm excited still for you going to see little mermaid!!!

I love the pink shoes!!!!! Who cares what everybody thinks!!!!!

I know!!! People are stubborn aren't they?
But YAY pink shoes!!!!:cheer2:

By the way...did I tell you I GOT MY GORILLAPOD!??!?!
I even have pictures with that one... wait till you see!

malibustacey
01-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey, remember its your wedding! Not anyone elses!! You wear whatever shoes you bloody want!! hehe!! :rotfl:

i cant see very clearly in the picture, but the cards look very nice!! i like!!

You are very pretty by the way, you will be a beautiful bride! (in pink shoes! hehe!)

keep posting lots and lots! - you are very organised - your a good guide to what i will have to follow when it comes round to the real planning!

oooh a gorillapod- i want one of them! i heard they are really good!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Okay so...one word....

GORILLAPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thing ROCKS...Thank u to my lovely ladies who helped me find it!!! It's like my long lost friend!!

except when i first got it...

It snuck up....http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0097.jpg
And before I knew it I was looking at it face to face!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0092-1.jpg

Okay okay so I'm being over theatrical... But the thing is just SOO much fun!
I would like a gorilla pod shirt....:rotfl:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
You are very pretty by the way, you will be a beautiful bride! (in pink shoes! hehe!)

keep posting lots and lots! - you are very organised - your a good guide to what i will have to follow when it comes round to the real planning!

oooh a gorillapod- i want one of them! i heard they are really good!!

OMG you've just made me blush! I don't think I'm very pretty though...That's another reason why I am dreading this large walk down the church aisle!!

I have lots to post, but I've been trying to cut it down a bit... I don't want to annoy anyone!!!

Get a gorillapod!!! Get it!!

Where in England are you? My ex lives in Bath/bristol.

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Did Someone say CHEESE?
:hyper: Okay I was just looking back at my post's and I just realzied Im silly little liar! I promised the Engagement pictures and I didn't post them!

I don't have many saved on this computer...however.... Here are some teasers.... My mum did an AMAZING job!!!

Okay So!

da da da da....

My E pics!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0413.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0477.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0394.jpg
me with the photog!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0406.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0314.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0244.jpg

anewmac
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
very cute! haha love the snapple bottles very cute idea!

oh and forgot to say the Gorrillapod I LOVE MINE! and mine is a Walmart brand still works great thinking of giving them to friend for presents LOL

DisneyBrideToni
01-21-2009, 11:06 PM
aww your engagement pics are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the snapple bottles!!!

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 03:41 AM
ooh come on- you are a natural beauty!! Im pretty sure people say that to you all the time!

Hey, you will be the most beautiful person in the whole room on your wedding day- so walk down that aisle with pride, or for that matter, the whole day! I cnanot wait for your wedding- you will look amazing! I bet DF wont look to bad either! hehe! :)

I live in South East London, Greenwich area..? Its not near Bath, i think thats a few hours away from me.

Love the engagement photos...! They are very romantic.. especially because it looks like the sun is setting, the light in the photos is nice.

Anyways- you can never do too much posting- hehe!

I will look out for those Gorillapods!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
ooh come on- you are a natural beauty!! Im pretty sure people say that to you all the time!!

Actually I'm always called "cute" :rotfl: And to myself i honestly don't see it... However at times I think df sees himself as a monster when I think he's just so handsome... I guess its whatever you see yourself as...

And you are gorgeous by the way!

However i feel like:clown: daily :rotfl:

very cute! haha love the snapple bottles very cute idea!

oh and forgot to say the Gorrillapod I LOVE MINE! and mine is a Walmart brand still works great thinking of giving them to friend for presents LOL

aww your engagement pics are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the snapple bottles!!!

Those are some of my favorite photos, thank you girls for your compliments! We had to add the snapple bottles in, and I am so so glad we did because it is so "Us" lol...

And yes YAYY GORRILLAPOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I can't wait to play with it at the parks!:cheer2:

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
haha your HM registry pic is great! I can't wait to start mine, now I just have to decide on the dates lol!
The suits were a huge bargin! Your DF is a good shopper, he's a keeper lol! My mom always joked that if a guy cant spot a bargin he's not a keeper!:lmao:

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I must have missed your e-pics before (where was I? :confused3 ) I LOVVVVE them, you both look gorgeous (listen to Stacy!) Your mom is a great photographer! I just got my gorilla-pod, isnt is the best thing ever! How are you going to incorporate Snapple bottles into your reception? They need to be somewhere lol!

anewmac
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
The disney registry is a honeymoon registry that you can sign up for and people can purchasethings like your dinners, and mickey ears etc!

OMG I wish they would do this for just visiting the parks LOL Could get my whole family to pay for our trip LOL :rotfl2: (it would be great xmas presents!)

figmentfan814
01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
What a great touch with the snapple bottles. You need to incorporate it has a beverage at your wedding too to continue the story from your enagement. The beach shots are beautiful, your mom did a great job!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-23-2009, 08:48 AM
haha your HM registry pic is great! I can't wait to start mine, now I just have to decide on the dates lol!
The suits were a huge bargin! Your DF is a good shopper, he's a keeper lol! My mom always joked that if a guy cant spot a bargin he's not a keeper!:lmao:

Yes he has to be because he has very rich taste!!!!
Not me, I'm like ClEARANCE all the way :lmao:
I must have missed your e-pics before (where was I? :confused3 ) I LOVVVVE them, you both look gorgeous (listen to Stacy!) Your mom is a great photographer! I just got my gorilla-pod, isnt is the best thing ever! How are you going to incorporate Snapple bottles into your reception? They need to be somewhere lol!

We are trying to figure out HOW to incorporate them. If anyone has any ideas please let me know... As of now we are using two small ones on the card box and then theres the playbill pictures with them on it.... We were considering buying the little ones that they sell and making our own snapple labels but that may take alot of time... and money lol

OMG I wish they would do this for just visiting the parks LOL Could get my whole family to pay for our trip LOL :rotfl2: (it would be great xmas presents!)

You could totally register its just not a HM lol

What a great touch with the snapple bottles. You need to incorporate it has a beverage at your wedding too to continue the story from your enagement. The beach shots are beautiful, your mom did a great job!

We are trying! lolol If you have an idea please please tell me!!!

Angela0917
01-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Your E-Pics are so cute! Love the snapple bottles!!

What's a Gorillapod??? I need to go look that up, I've never heard of it!

linzwylie
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Your photos are great, your mum did a great job :thumbsup2

The gorilla pod is a fantastic piece of equipment, we bought one last year and have used it loads... it attatches to anything, we used it to take our sigpic,

Linz xxx :)

Lynn5700
01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
OMG you two are adorable! You look just like your mom!!! So cute!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Your photos are great, your mum did a great job :thumbsup2

The gorilla pod is a fantastic piece of equipment, we bought one last year and have used it loads... it attatches to anything, we used it to take our sigpic,

Oh wow your siggy is awesome!!! I can't wait to try it out now.. I think df will think I've turned mad and throw it into the lake though :rotfl:

OMG you two are adorable! You look just like your mom!!! So cute!

Awww thank you... I'm very lucky to look like her, as she doesn't look her age (cough::55::Cough) one bit... I believe it's the fillipino in her... I worry I'll age quicker than her.... the front of my hair is all gray already!!:confused3

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Color Scheme Bada Bing!

So, we are currently not home, and are staying in a hotel because we are attending a wedding event today. Last night we were talking about our Rehearsal dinner and what color scheme we should go with etc..

So after visiting Martha Stewart Weddings (and wanting to be her) we decided on Green and white. I just purchased this adorable little green dress from JCREW and he just bought an adorable green polo so we thought "Perfect"...

WELL... listen to this insanity....

I needed a pair of tights and Kmart just happens to be down the road from us. So, We ran in and saw this huge Christmas sale...

Well, to my surprise along with all the christmas things that were 90% off... were also MARTHA STEWART GREEN TULLE AND RIBBON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, they were originally 7 dollars a barrel and we got 4, the ribbons were 5 and we got three... and it came out to 3.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How insane is that? I can't believe it worked out so well. Now we are thinking that we will use white daisys and green apples for the centerpieces!!

I think it's so strange how everything always just falls into our laps...so awesome! Just had to share because since 2009 hit, everything has been working to our luck and it is just so wonderful feeling!!!:flower3:

Jenny

tiggersam00
01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Now we are thinking that we will use white daisys and green apples for the centerpieces!!
1st of all I love this idea, so pretty and simple! I wish I had thought of it lol!
so glad its all coming together! what great buys and finds, you should post a pic of your jcrew dress, I bet it will all go perfectly and both of you will look smashing :)

malibustacey
01-26-2009, 03:08 AM
oooh bargains!! everyone loves a bargain!! yes i agree with Sam, sow us a pic of the dress.

green and white sound niceeee!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-26-2009, 06:55 AM
1st of all I love this idea, so pretty and simple! I wish I had thought of it lol!
so glad its all coming together! what great buys and finds, you should post a pic of your jcrew dress, I bet it will all go perfectly and both of you will look smashing :)

YES I promise to post a pic when I get to a computer that doesn't have everything blocked lol. This darn board of education... lol

oooh bargains!! everyone loves a bargain!! yes i agree with Sam, sow us a pic of the dress.

green and white sound niceeee!!

Bargains are wonderful aren't they? I AM SO excited now!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-26-2009, 07:00 AM
We Won Serenity On Our Wedding day!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Okay, so, where is all of this luck coming from in the New Year?

Remember my past post's explaining my mom situation? Well, wait till you hear this one!

Okay Saturday we went to a Mock Wedding Bridal event, where they had prizes and things like that. Okay, so, I put my tickets in for a Day Of Coordinator....

AND I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I will have a full day 12 hour DOC who is going to help me in every way!

I began to cry like a little kid when I realized that it had actually happened. When I called my mum guess what she did!!!!!!!!!! Started crying as well! She said she and my sister had just been talking about surprising me with DOC but she was worried that the thousand dollars would break her bank....

Well... FREE is the best way!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Now, the night didn't stop there!

My whole plan was to surprise DF with a second dress! One that was shorter and just, cute!

SO.... Along with that I won a 100 dollar gift card to a bridal salon!!! The dress i want is the Maggie Sottero jd801, it's the tea length one with the sweetheart ruffled top!!!!
http://i41.tinypic.com/24xfhh5.jpg
So, now, I am going to be a two dress bride and surprise him half way into the ceremony with changing into the dress!!!!!!!!

Okay, 2009 has brought me some amazing things, but this tops it all..

Now I only hope that the DOC will travel to where I live... I HOPE and Pray!!!

malibustacey
01-26-2009, 08:10 AM
im so happy for you!! yay for you!!

I'm not really sure what a DOC is (being in UK?) but im guessing a cordinator to help you?

its so good either way with what you won!! i need to go to some bridal shows!!

figmentfan814
01-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Congrats on winning :cheer2: I always loved going to bridal shows and having the chance to enter into all the contests. So, exactly what all does it include?

Lynn5700
01-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Girl that is so awesome!!!! Good for you!! Isn't it amazing how things work out. Aww it was meant to be!

tiggersam00
01-26-2009, 09:37 AM
You are soo lucky, you need to go buy a lotterey ticket lol! Thats awesome, I'm so happy for you, the DOC will make you be able to relax and enjoy the day for sure :)
Awesome, just awesome!
Oh and I love the dress by the way, so pretty!

anewmac
01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
woohoo congrats!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
im so happy for you!! yay for you!!

I'm not really sure what a DOC is (being in UK?) but im guessing a cordinator to help you?

its so good either way with what you won!! i need to go to some bridal shows!!

Its a day of coordinator! and she already seems so awesome. GO to the shows. I think if you think positive you get positive in return...sooo strange!!!

Congrats on winning :cheer2: I always loved going to bridal shows and having the chance to enter into all the contests. So, exactly what all does it include?

The Doc includes her from the second I am getting dressed to when I leave that night with my Hubby!!!

Girl that is so awesome!!!! Good for you!! Isn't it amazing how things work out. Aww it was meant to be!

Now if we were only getting married at WDW this year instead of renewing our vows the following...:sad2:

You are soo lucky, you need to go buy a lotterey ticket lol! Thats awesome, I'm so happy for you, the DOC will make you be able to relax and enjoy the day for sure :)
Awesome, just awesome!
Oh and I love the dress by the way, so pretty!

woohoo congrats!

I went and bought a scratch off during me free when you said that, and i won a dollar. It was a dollar so I dont know how lucky that is! I got the penguin scratch off one since I love penguins lolol:rotfl:

tiggersam00
01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
haha that's one more dollar then you had earlier lol!
Haha funny :offtopic: about penguins... when DF and I 1st started dating I mentioned that I thought penguins were cute when I saw a penguin christmas card up at his parents house... his mom heard... now I get ALL penguin stuff from DF's parents! I have penguin staues, soap, plates, ornamnets, hats, PJ's, stuffed animals etc etc:lmao: ... they took one comment a lottle too far... oh well! Ok back to your PJ :thumbsup2

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
haha that's one more dollar then you had earlier lol!
Haha funny :offtopic: about penguins... when DF and I 1st started dating I mentioned that I thought penguins were cute when I saw a penguin christmas card up at his parents house... his mom heard... now I get ALL penguin stuff from DF's parents! I have penguin staues, soap, plates, ornamnets, hats, PJ's, stuffed animals etc etc:lmao: ... they took one comment a lottle too far... oh well! Ok back to your PJ :thumbsup2

Oh boy let me one up you....
:rotfl: :rotfl:
When I was 5, We went to the zoo and there was a penguin thing. Since the penguins couldn't climb there was just like, these wooden sticks as barriers...

Well, I saw a baby penguin alone and wanted to help it find its mom...And so i did. I still have visions of all the people in kakhi suits running into the penguin den tellimg me to put the penguin down..

I've been obsessed since. My classroom is filled with penguins by the way, the kids are always buying them for me. I'll have to take a pic for you guys to laugh at me!!!!

tiggersam00
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Mrsdisneyb2b: Oh boy let me one up you....

When I was 5, We went to the zoo and there was a penguin thing. Since the penguins couldn't climb there was just like, these wooden sticks as barriers...

Well, I saw a baby penguin alone and wanted to help it find its mom...And so i did. I still have visions of all the people in kakhi suits running into the penguin den tellimg me to put the penguin down..

I've been obsessed since. My classroom is filled with penguins by the way, the kids are always buying them for me. I'll have to take a pic for you guys to laugh at me!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! Your heart was in the right place :rotfl2: ! I will put up pics of all my penguins from DF's parents this week and send it to you lol!

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 08:55 AM
:banana: :banana: look who I just found... :banana::banana:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 09:17 AM
:banana: :banana: look who I just found... :banana::banana:

My Banana Man!!!
I totally would hire him for my wedding :rotfl: :rotfl:

Heres something to make you laugh
My computer desk here at workhttp://i43.tinypic.com/rjocn7.jpg

My buddy
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lk72na.jpg

And our reading center
http://i39.tinypic.com/2h34w3p.jpg

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
he was hidden in the "more" tab (that I had never seen until today btw)!

Now he would get the party started lol!

Your a penguin addict like me! Too funny, I still have some of my X-mas stuff out b/c I figured penguins are wintery not just christmasy... Although my 6 foot inflatable penguin DF's dad got me for the front yard is currently buried under a foot and a half of snow, with another foot coming tonight... oh well, maybe he'll pop up int the spring again:lmao:

malibustacey
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM
he was hidden in the "more" tab (that I had never seen until today btw)!

Now he would get the party started lol!

Your a penguin addict like me! Too funny, I still have some of my X-mas stuff out b/c I figured penguins are wintery not just christmasy... Although my 6 foot inflatable penguin DF's dad got me for the front yard is currently buried under a foot and a half of snow, with another foot coming tonight... oh well, maybe he'll pop up int the spring again:lmao:

haha i have never seen real snow in my life! whenever it 'snow' (i say sprinkles' in England, its the end of the world, and everyone and everything patheticly comes to a halt because of a sprinkling of snow!! The most snow i have seen is probably 2cm!!

Jen- what age kids do you teach?

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I guess it's a good thing that cry packs consist of tissues. Because the cardstock I am using for them... IS KILLING my fingers to bend!

I've currently only made 30, and placed the tissue inside. Nothing major... Just a simple fold...

Now, when I go home comes the hard part. Trying to figure out how on earth to decorate the darn things!!!!!

Seashells? Our monogram? A snapple cap? "For your tears of Joy" etc...

What do you girls suggest..I'll post a picture here...
http://i39.tinypic.com/2z9aald.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/9gx4lg.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/dnbpkj.jpg

And heres my wonderful Classroom computer and the Disboards

http://i44.tinypic.com/a23i3t.jpg

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 11:14 AM
haha i have never seen real snow in my life! whenever it 'snow' (i say sprinkles' in England, its the end of the world, and everyone and everything patheticly comes to a halt because of a sprinkling of snow!! The most snow i have seen is probably 2cm!!

Jen- what age kids do you teach?

I teach Grade 4...theyre 9 years old...

If you want to see what they are working on(what's giving me so much time here) you can go to
www.region7blogs.com/communities/dowd

And I think you will have to come to NY one day when it's snowing because trust me, it's terrible :rotfl:

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I vote snapple caps! What if you peeled labels off snapple bottles and did stuff with those too? You could do a little decopage type thing?

You have to add those snapple caps anywhere you can, start saving them now lol!:lmao:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I vote snapple caps! What if you peeled labels off snapple bottles and did stuff with those too? You could do a little decopage type thing?

You have to add those snapple caps anywhere you can, start saving them now lol!:lmao:

lmao

We probably have around 100 now!
its so awesome, my friends have been saving them too!

I think for the reception, I am going to use a bottle of Out of the Blueberry tea, and then add a wire to hold the table number... I have this and I was considering using it for the table numbers, adding the "Table One" To the side

http://i43.tinypic.com/2a9xn3r.jpg

malibustacey
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
aw, i remember having a young teacher when i was about 8 or 9- she was the best teacher i have ever had, i adored her, everyone did. She was so kind and understanding! hehe!! It will be so cool when those kids grow up and they remember you like i remember my old teacher!!

I definately need to go somewhere in USA to see some REAL snow!! hehe!!

Love the ideas of using them snapple caps in your wedding. I remember drinking that drink for the first time last year, i brought some back in my suitcase (along with about 30 bottles of diet pepsi with wild cherry!! i love!!) hehe!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 07:49 PM
aw, i remember having a young teacher when i was about 8 or 9- she was the best teacher i have ever had, i adored her, everyone did. She was so kind and understanding! hehe!! It will be so cool when those kids grow up and they remember you like i remember my old teacher!!

I definately need to go somewhere in USA to see some REAL snow!! hehe!!

Love the ideas of using them snapple caps in your wedding. I remember drinking that drink for the first time last year, i brought some back in my suitcase (along with about 30 bottles of diet pepsi with wild cherry!! i love!!) hehe!!

Me too! My 4th grade teacher, Ms.Barnabus... I actually was inviting her to my wedding. The week I sent her a letter...I found out she had a anurism and passed away. It was like two days before df and I were going to disney. I was an absolute mess...she meant the WORLD to me, I swore I would do everything like she did because she was so amazing...

She actually figured out that I was dyslexic not LAzy like most teachers thought... Claiming i didnt want to "read the directions" although I literally COULDNT read them... Would cook cookies once a week for the class... Just, was an amazing person...

And how odd is this ?The first day we went to Downtown Disney... and I said I wanted a carrot cake cookie.... mrs.Selma Barnabus used to make carrot cake and pumpkin...and LOW AND BEHOLD... The cookies name was SELMA. So, now, every time I go there, I get the selma. Because I truly believe that was her way of saying "I know...and I'm here"

Okay so enough mushy stuff...

I just finished working out. I gained a pound and a half since Friday and I can
t figure out HOW. It makes me very angry because, well, I am a very healthy person. In the past I was close to 200 lbs after the death of my grandfather (Thank you Starbucks Frappuchinos at 2,000 caloires a shot) and then, I LOST it all.

This left me with much loose skin. I know how to hide it well but daily I have to see it. So, I want to lose at least 10 more by the wedding which I do not think should be THAT terrible. Although lately it seems like it will be a major challenge...

Anyone else having any issues with the LAST ten? I was 8 lbs away on Friday and today... nope...:confused3

ariel1025
01-27-2009, 07:49 PM
First and foremost, I just wanted to tell you Congratulations!! Your proposal story is one of the cutest I have ever heard:goodvibes Since I just found your PJ I have a lot to comment on...hope you don't mind :confused3

Is anyone else having registry issues? I know I am and it's driving me nuts. DF and I really have mostly everything we need. We put things on the registry that we would love to have but wouldn't buy ourselves (which I thought was the purpose of it?)
Well there were a few comments made that "We have expensive taste"

I went through the exact same thing. My Husband and I had lived together for a couple of years before getting married so we didn't NEED anything. We did the exact same thing as you and registered for a bunch of stuff we would love, but couldn't justify buying...I also that was the point. Well, unfortunately we got several hateful comments also. At first it really hurt my feelings so we added a bunch of "cheap" stuff, but then we were told how greedy we were to ask for so many things. In the end, we took back off the "cheap" stuff and realized people will always complain.

As far as the Disney Registry goes, we did it (along with two store registries) and of course some people made awful comments. But several people enjoyed buying from it. When we sent out thank you cards we included a picture of us doing whatever activity they bought for us (for example a picture of us parasailing) with that particular persons thank you card. I wanted them to see the memory they created for us :goodvibes

Wearing His Heart

Now, many may have thought I was INSANE but, I wore that ring FOR A YEAR! It was a promise and like I had said, I didn't care what it was as long as he made the promise thats what that ring represented...

Well, when he proposed, the plastic ring had broken months before... and he said "Jen you're the love of my life, you are my heart will you marry me"

And so I am "wearing his heart" every day.

Ok, first that is hilarious about the promise "ring" I so would have done the same thing :rotfl: And the "wearing his heart" is so sweet and made me all teary eyed to read.

Here Comes The Theme...

And my monogram...which i worked way too hard on only to hear "I dont know about the starfish"--meanie family members:mad:

I LOVE your monogram and I am so sorry that people are being so mean about all your wedding stuff.

That is such a fantastic idea...I wish I would have thought of something like that..I am a picture fanatic...I rarely go anywhere without my camera:rotfl:

Honeymoon...Check.

So, after pulling many strings....our favorite person was able to get us the HONEYMOON SUITE in WILDERNESS LOUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is that?

Way to go on the honeymoon suite pixiedust: That is awesome that your prayers were answered. We also honeymooned there and it was fantastic. The WL is so romantic and the hot tub is AMAZING!!!! The rest of the room is basically normal but I didn't care the hot tub totally made up for it:goodvibes

:mic: Attention....attention....The bride will be wearing non-traditional shoes. Attention...attention.... this is an emergency:mic:

Oh lordy. Now, I know that df comes from a very very traditional catholic family. BUT MY SHOES? Will walking down the aisle in pink shoes really cause me to go to hell?

Weddings truly bring out the "best" in people dont they?:clown:

Oh my goodness, what is wrong with people :confused3 I went through the same thing because I wore silver shoes for my wedding. They weren't even shiny metallic silver just a light silver with a pretty rhinestone design on the front. I say wear your pink shoes proud (and make sure to show them off at the reception :lmao: !!! At least you will be able to wear them again after the wedding. That's why I didn't get white shoes anyway, because I had no clue when I could use them again and I thought it was a waste of money!

Did Someone say CHEESE?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0244.jpg

Cutest picture EVER!!! Love the Snapple bottles :)

Ok, sorry this was so long but I have enjoyed your PJ so far and just wanted to throw in my two cents:)

Oh and Congratulations on your winnings that is AWESOME!!!!

Can't wait for more updates:thumbsup2

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
First and foremost, I just wanted to tell you Congratulations!! Your proposal story is one of the cutest I have ever heard:goodvibes Since I just found your PJ I have a lot to comment on...hope you don't mind :confused3
Cutest picture EVER!!! Love the Snapple bottles :)

Ok, sorry this was so long but I have enjoyed your PJ so far and just wanted to throw in my two cents:)

Oh and Congratulations on your winnings that is AWESOME!!!!

Can't wait for more updates:thumbsup2

Wow, I am blushing!! Thank you so much for your WONDERFUL long comment. I am glad someone enjoys it. I promised myself I would be MYSELF on here and not care what anyone said so I am glad that people on THIS sit appreciate it! I've been on other sites in the past who judge my love for Disney and that drives me mad!

Thank you on the engagement photo's. My mom really ourdid herself and I am planning on using those as the place card holder's now!

I hope I am just as entertaining in the future! This is the one place I have felt happy to be planning!!!

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I promised myself I would be MYSELF on here and not care what anyone said so I am glad that people on THIS sit appreciate it! I've been on other sites in the past who judge my love for Disney and that drives me mad!

Thank you on the engagement photo's. My mom really ourdid herself and I am planning on using those as the place card holder's now!

I hope I am just as entertaining in the future! This is the one place I have felt happy to be planning!!!

Jen- we all appriciate you on here! And your right, people all jusge us disney freaks... well on here we are all disney freaks loL!:lmao: :lmao:

And we're proud of it! Wear those mouse ears girl!

You totally should use them as placecard holders, I bet your mom will love it too:flower3: !

Oh and that last 10... its tough but doable... And if you did gain 2 lbs, dont stress it's natural and sometimes people fluctuate with water, or cycles (I wont get into that here but you know what I mean:rotfl: ) Also, muscle weighs more then fat, when I was dancing professionally I was a size 2-4 (I'm 5'2) but weighed 137! That was 3 lbs away from being considered "obese"... now I don't know about you but I havent seen many size 2-4 girls who are "obese". If you have increased your workouts you may notice a slight plateau because you are building muscle mass (which is good). If you want to drop the last 10 I would say switch your routine... if you run, try to bike, if you lift try a new circut.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR DIET AND BECOME CRASH DIET BRIDEZILLA BARBIE! It will come off, the last 10 is always the toughest, but you are determinded so you can do it :cheer2:

malibustacey: I definately need to go somewhere in USA to see some REAL snow!! hehe!!
Stacey, you are more then welcome here anytime, trust me we have plenty of it right now! I will have a shovel, gloves and hot chocolate ready for you! I'll send you some pics tomorrow of the 8 more inches we are suppose to get so you can see what we will be shoveling:rotfl2: !

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Jen- we all appriciate you on here! And your right, people all jusge us disney freaks... well on here we are all disney freaks loL!:lmao: :lmao:

You totally should use them as placecard holders, I bet your mom will love it too:flower3: !

Oh and that last 10... its tough but doable... And if you did gain 2 lbs, dont stress it's natural and sometimes people fluctuate with water, or cycles (I wont get into that here but you know what I mean:rotfl: ) Also, muscle weighs more then fat, when I was dancing professionally I was a size 2-4 (I'm 5'2) but weighed 137! That was 3 lbs away from being considered "obese"... now I don't know about you but I havent seen many size 2-4 girls who are "obese". If you have increased your workouts you may notice a slight plateau because you are building muscle mass (which is good). If you want to drop the last 10 I would say switch your routine... if you run, try to bike, if you lift try a new circut.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR DIET AND BECOME CRASH DIET BRIDEZILLA BARBIE! It will come off, the last 10 is always the toughest, but you are determinded so you can do it :cheer2:

Stacey, you are more then welcome here anytime, trust me we have plenty of it right now! I will have a shovel, gloves and hot chocolate ready for you! I'll send you some pics tomorrow of the 8 more inches we are suppose to get so you can see what we will be shoveling:rotfl2: !

It was DEFINITELY water weight. I went on the scale and I lost an additional lb to the two lbs i thought I gained.

I used to be a dancer too! I was a zero and 109 lbs... Balletrinas unite! lolol

I'm glad I'm not into it anymore as I blame it for alot of my ailments...my arthritis, bad back, knees (Wait, how old am I again?):rotfl:

Stacy, today was INSANE... I woke up and had 5-6 inches to clean off my car!! Our boss came in late but we were all on time so that made me even angrier!! lol

You gal's on here really are the best! I feel like I am never judged on here, something that I've always wished for you know? Disney freaks rock!:cheer2:

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 07:14 AM

wow you actually have to shovel the snow!! do you get snowed in your houses? its so strange hearing and seeing the news when it snows- last feb in Orlando we was watching one of the news channels in the hotel room, and there was really really bad snow storms everywhere execpt Florida i think!! hehe!! I will have to take a trip sometime - and bring some warm clothes!! Me and Wayne want to move to US one day, (well we wish after the wedding) and i know its not easy, and were guessing it would be easier to move to Canada first, but we really want to live in Florida .. no snow ..heh! Although, anywhere in the US would be great for me! hehe!!

Jen thats cool that you have a special memory and 'cookie' for her, and everytime you go Disney she can be there in memory! I loved my teacher so much she was sooo great! Its sad that she passed away and couldnt come to your wedding too. Its just so nice that you will be able to have that impact on your classes, with memories and stuff like we did, and your kids will be able to invite you to their weddings and stuff when they are older! aw!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Warning: Jenny Under Mass VR Confusion... May cause eye strain or:rolleyes:

Okay, so, I have been cautious about what to write about my VR in fear that someone will find it on here....

But, here it goes...

I want to plan a Surprise VR for Next year...or the year after
Now, knowing that it cost's 4,500 is what is making me a bit nuts.

With VR do you have to guarantee the rooms booked? Because we go through my uncle who works at WDW and gets us the friend and family discount!

The second thing... How on earth do I even do it!? This would be very hard since I would have to get everyone there...

My whole purpose was, that I wanted to surprise Vinne, DF. I wanted him to think we were just going on vacation with family, but I wanted to have everyone there(Who would fly)

1Mom
2Jess(sister)
3Dad
4His sister
5Brother in law
6Baby Sal
7Baby Unknown

That's only 7 people...

So it's hard to just do it next year. His mother will not fly. I am sure that his father would if I explained why we were flying. But I can see his mom having issues with it and that is why I would have to keep it a secret...

then, the other thing was to just have a VR when DF turns 30...in three years. And just do normal invites. Whoeverwould want to come could come...

Then I was thinking of just having a dessert party as a surprise for illuminations next year with everyone there...

Oh lordy...thigns get so confusing.

My dream was to just have the pictures (wedding)Infront of the castle. I know that sounds silly however, I always wanted to be able to tell my children that Mommy and Daddy got married here, and place the picture next to the Thomas Kinkade that we have... Cinderellas Castle...

But to pay 4,500 for 8 guests, just seems rather costly. I don't know about how to pull that off without DF realizing where the funds are going....

So, This is where my planning journal becomes mass confusion...:sad:
Sorry for the stressing out.

What would you girls suggest?

Do I hold off and then in two years have the VR the right way? (I fear that we won't go through with it, but you girls would have to promise to remind me that this is what i wanted!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: )

Or

Just do some kind of illuminations dessert party next year with the 5 of us...

la la de dum.... Its a wonderful life aye?

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
wow you actually have to shovel the snow!! do you get snowed in your houses? its so strange hearing and seeing the news when it snows-
Jen thats cool that you have a special memory and 'cookie' for her, and everytime you go Disney she can be there in memory! I loved my teacher so much she was sooo great! Its sad that she passed away and couldnt come to your wedding too. Its just so nice that you will be able to have that impact on your classes, with memories and stuff like we did, and your kids will be able to invite you to their weddings and stuff when they are older! aw!

Yes shovels... Let me take apicture of it for u: Outside my classroom window (The childern say hello by the way! They asked why I Was taking a picture and I told them that a friend from the UK hasn't ever seen real snow in real life and they were in SHOCK!) My ex boyfriend tried to explain it to me once and I couldn't understand lol.
Woops sorry so large, here i'll add it again
http://i44.tinypic.com/2l91mwz.jpg
Awww you made me cry... I pray that my children love me as much as i loved Ms.B. My children from my first year all want to come to my wedding and I told them of course! I am making a student invite as well to invite them...

When you go to Disney promise to get the Selma from Downtown Disney, It is DELICIOUS!!!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM
AWWW! say hello to them back!! Tell them in the UK, we have sprinkles of snow!!! So where abouts is your school? I think you said in NY? Its so cute they want to come to your wedding!!!

I will get the Selma- if you tell me exactly where to get it from and ill take a piccy for you!! hehe!

oooh i agree, confusion!

If you could get away with affording the VR for next year and can get the family there, then go for it. If you are worried about Vin finding out about next years VR because of funds then go for the one in 3 years on his birthday.. then you could tell him you are planning a surprise for his big birthday and can get away with the funds 'dissapearing', and you could be able to afford the VR, plus more people would be able to come because its lots of notice!

But, its whatever you can afford / be able to arrange.. i know i have not helped much but hey! hehe!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 07:46 AM
then you could tell him you are planning a surprise for his big birthday and can get away with the funds 'dissapearing', and you could be able to afford the VR, plus more people would be able to come because its lots of notice!

But, its whatever you can afford / be able to arrange.. i know i have not helped much but hey! hehe!

OMG Stacy you are SOOO smart! That is such a good idea!!!!!!!!
His birthday is April, so that would make sense too...

Oooo oNow I've got my thinking cap on!

We are in Brooklyn, New York

www.starcc.net
(i think) lol:grouphug:

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 07:53 AM
oooh youre in Brooklyn! Where theres the bridge! (i sound stupid i know, but i havent been there and have only seen it in movies ect!)

yeah, im sure that if you told Vin that you were saving up and planning a nice surprise or even tell him you are planning a trip- im sure he'll leave you 'save up' funds for it! Then he'll be all surprised still!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 07:59 AM
oooh youre in Brooklyn! Where theres the bridge! (i sound stupid i know, but i havent been there and have only seen it in movies ect!)

yeah, im sure that if you told Vin that you were saving up and planning a nice surprise or even tell him you are planning a trip- im sure he'll leave you 'save up' funds for it! Then he'll be all surprised still!!

We actually have a beautiful view of the Verazano Bridge, It leads to Staten Island (If you ever saw the movie How to lose a guy in ten days, thats the bridge and the place) lol

On the next clear day the bridge will show and I'll take a picture for you to see!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 08:01 AM
ooh gosh yeah, the bridge where they stop on with the motobike!! i like that film, its sooo funny! it actually made Wayne laugh - and he hates ROM COMS! hehhe!!

ooh yeah you'll have to post a pic when you can!

wow- that dress is lovely!!!! it is so pretty and girly! just the perfect dress to change into!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 08:09 AM
ooh gosh yeah, the bridge where they stop on with the motobike!! i like that film, its sooo funny! it actually made Wayne laugh - and he hates ROM COMS! hehhe!!

ooh yeah you'll have to post a pic when you can!

wow- that dress is lovely!!!! it is so pretty and girly! just the perfect dress to change into!

I love it! Now i just have to save the money to buy it...although that 100.00 doesn't hurt much!

Oh no, Vin loves those kinds of movies. He's a very emotional man...odd really... Although he does at times tend to play the American Guido Role.... oh lordy...:rotfl:

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 08:11 AM
haha you make me laugh every time you write oh lordy!! haha!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

aw bless Vin! At least you can sit with him and watch soppy movies without him moaning about it! hehe!!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:19 AM
you are too funny jenny! You are stressing about at VR when you still need to get married... we are alike b/c I would too lol! I think you should do a dessert party, they sound so yummy and the food looks amazing! Makes me very jealous of all the brides planning one:upsidedow !

By the way, next time I head into NYC we should totally meet for a cocktail, I try to head in there every few months :)

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Ok, I'm a spaz, I totally missed the pic of your dress somehow! It is perfect! So sweet and I love the lace! You will look amazing in it!

speaking of romantic comedys I have csught Dave watch Sweet Home Alabama several times without me lol! He denies it and always says "No, it's just on TV" but I see that DVD player running...

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 08:25 AM
you are too funny jenny! You are stressing about at VR when you still need to get married... we are alike b/c I would too lol! I think you should do a dessert party, they sound so yummy and the food looks amazing! Makes me very jealous of all the brides planning one:upsidedow !

By the way, next time I head into NYC we should totally meet for a cocktail, I try to head in there every few months :)

I WOULD love to meet you! That would be awesome!

Ok, I'm a spaz, I totally missed the pic of your dress somehow! It is perfect! So sweet and I love the lace! You will look amazing in it!

speaking of romantic comedys I have csught Dave watch Sweet Home Alabama several times without me lol! He denies it and always says "No, it's just on TV" but I see that DVD player running...

I LOVE that movie. I had it on VHS years back and then it broke... but oh lord do I ever love it.... I dont know if vin has ever seen it...I guess i know what i'll be doing this weekend!!!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Sweet, we will def have to plan that soon... once I shovel myself out from this foot of snow eeghh!
Dave thinks Reese Witherspoon looks like a gremlin, but for some reason loves that movie...

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Who Says You Need sleep?

Okay, so, I was just informed that our bedroom is FINISHED!!! I can not believe it...

I don't remember if I explained previously so here it goes again...

Vinnie guttedhis parent's old house and converted it into a two family. We would live downstairs and they stay upstairs.

When we first started the job, it seemed simple. Not many walls would be pulled down, and we would just make it livable for the time being...
And then...

Vinnie turned into a man...Picture "Tim the Toolman" syndrom....

Before we knew it, there were no walls, just slabs of earth and concerete. There were no ceilings....just beams of wood and dust...Oh and we had a bathroom, but then one day Mum and I decided we would visit the boys while working and low and behold, we found them in an empty hole knee deep in Earth...

Yes... We now had no where to live....

And another large problem is... Vinnie is a perfectionist...so, A perfectionist renovating an entire basement by himself= chaos.... And a year and a half later... Here we are...

So, we started in the Kitchen...which is finally finished. he put stone floors, new cabinets, and stone walls. Okay, fine, but it's a basement I repeated to him over...and over...and over.... And we prob ably won't be here long....

Then before I knew it, he was cementing the floors.... :confused3 Well, hello they weren't level (Is this really important?) New walls, new sophets... you name it...it didn't end there...

Then came the bedroom. Vinnie decided to break down the existing barrier walls and extend it. And added a nice walk in closet (I won't complain about that)

But after a year I began to get very frustrated! We weren't engaged and I didn't think he wanted me to actually live there he was taking so long!! However little did I know that his plan was to have me live somewhere he considered to be a cove...a "logcabin" (He actually modeled the rooms after loghomes from some mag!)

Okay so... The bedroom was a mess. The floor literally sunk because of an old slop sink (It used to be a barn) and so we had to add about a foot of cement on that side. Then the wooden floors (In a basement?:confused3 )

However, I just got a text saying "We have a place to sleep now!"

He's been working non stop and then coming home and working on the appartment, and finally.... We can paint and put the bed and furniture in!!!!!

The living room is 90% done, we just had to finish the bedroom to be able to move everything in so that we could have a place to put all of the items while painting...

I hope that all of this stress and worry ends soon! I wanted the b asement done by my 25th Birthday however since we still have NO bathroom (Just cemment and holes) I guess that won't happen....

However.... Finally another room complete!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Jen is funny where she is planning a VR before shes even got married! But i dont blame you!!!!!!!! Im pretty sure one wedding is enough for Wayne at the moment! hehe!!

hehe- i cannot drink over in America! i can drink here, but not over there! Im 19 still! but when next Nov comes around, ill be able to have coctails at DTD! Infact, i could have cocktails all over usa! hahaa!

Its so wierd with the age difference in drinking!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Sweet, we will def have to plan that soon... once I shovel myself out from this foot of snow eeghh!
Dave thinks Reese Witherspoon looks like a gremlin, but for some reason loves that movie...

Oh lord she kinda does.... Now that's all I'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b: Oh lord she kinda does.... Now that's all I'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha right! When Dave told me that I started seeing it too lol!

Congrats on the house, we just gutted my grandad's house and Dave and I lived with my folks for the extra 4 months it took after our lease was up... projects like that always run long.
Funny but our bathroom was the last to be done too... we gutted the kitchen and bath, we also knocked down a wall did all new hardwood floors and just fixed stuff that they hadnt fixed in 40+ years... oh well! Kepp me posted, I can totally relate to your current situation, I shed many tears over the house not being done...

malibustacey: Its so wierd with the age difference in drinking!
I know, when I went to England when I was 16 they would serve me... yikes! here it's 21 now though, but you can vote and join the miliatry at 18, and drive at 16... go figure

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
i know, its strange we can drive at 17, i passed first time and drove before a week before my 18th. But driving at 16! thats crazy heh, i cant imagine 16 year olds in UK driving around, that would be nuts!

I love American cars. I forgot to say. the cars we have in the UK are so small - i have a teeny tiny Daewoo Matiz (it is sooo small!!), and i have not seen a small car in Orlando yet... i love the hummers! They seemed to be everywhere in Orlando! They are like monster trucks!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 09:37 AM
haha, funny you say that, during the day I work at a hummer dealership

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
ooh really.. so when i move to US, i will buy a hummer from you! i really want one, i dont know if they are good, or whatever but i think they look like monsters and standing next to one makes me feel tiny and like they are big bad cars hehe!!

I took photos of them whenever i saw one last feb- i even got Wayne to quickly take a pic of me standing next to one at a 7eleven on Idrive! haha!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
next time we get a really tricked out hummer in service I'll snap a pic for you. Some of them are crazy, all custom and specialty. very cool:thumbsup2

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Jen is funny where she is planning a VR before shes even got married! But i dont blame you!!!!!!!! Im pretty sure one wedding is enough for Wayne at the moment! hehe!!

hehe- i cannot drink over in America! i can drink here, but not over there! Im 19 still! but when next Nov comes around, ill be able to have coctails at DTD! Infact, i could have cocktails all over usa! hahaa!

Its so wierd with the age difference in drinking!

You know why? Because I really honestly didn't want the wedding here. ANd so, I will go through the motions and then cross my fingers that the second time I get it right:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

haha right! When Dave told me that I started seeing it too lol!

Congrats on the house, we just gutted my grandad's house and Dave and I lived with my folks for the extra 4 months it took after our lease was up... projects like that always run long.
Funny but our bathroom was the last to be done too... we gutted the kitchen and bath, we also knocked down a wall did all new hardwood floors and just fixed stuff that they hadnt fixed in 40+ years... oh well! Kepp me posted, I can totally relate to your current situation, I shed many tears over the house not being done...

I know those projects go longer than long and it drives me mad. I just want to live with him already (His family however is VERY religious, his dad is an ex-priest who left the brotherhood to marry his wife) So, that's why we have waited...it stinks, but, I guess in the long run it's a good example for the kids?:confused3 Or we could have just lied:rotfl2:

I love American cars. I forgot to say. the cars we have in the UK are so small - i have a teeny tiny Daewoo Matiz (it is sooo small!!),

I love the UK cars! I hate most of the cars here as there are NO parking spots. The other night i cried like a baby till 2am looking for a spot. DF ended up having me park in his driveway and drove me home with his car.... Its horrible...

I wanted the new Mini coop...
Oh lord...I think my thread is going to be counted as the #1 off topic thread. Should I warn those reading it first?:rotfl:

Warning, this thread tends to stray :offtopic: If you are not interested talk about penguins snow and hummers... This is not the thread for u haha

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
i wouldnt even care if it was all done up and customized hehe... in UK, a hummer is so so rare- no one drives them, we only have hummer limos - that are again, very rare to see! thats why i want one so much. Hehe, i like the idea of being one of these American Soccer mums with a big 4x4! hehe! i know they are bad for the enviornment but i like them hehe!

What kind of cars do you drive?

ariel1025
01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow, I am blushing!! Thank you so much for your WONDERFUL long comment. I am glad someone enjoys it. I promised myself I would be MYSELF on here and not care what anyone said so I am glad that people on THIS sit appreciate it! I've been on other sites in the past who judge my love for Disney and that drives me mad!

I hear ya completely!!! I SO wish I would have found the Dis while I was planning my own wedding. There were so many times I felt so alone in everything, my vision was completely different than what everyone else wanted for me and it would have been nice to have a place to turn to.

You Mom most definitely outdid herself...she did incredible!!!!! I think it would be awesome to use them as place card holders...I love when people use personal touches in their wedding.

I love your second dress by the way, it's beautiful and very romantic looking.

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 10:29 AM
I hear ya completely!!! I SO wish I would have found the Dis while I was planning my own wedding. There were so many times I felt so alone in everything, my vision was completely different than what everyone else wanted for me and it would have been nice to have a place to turn to.

You Mom most definitely outdid herself...she did incredible!!!!! I think it would be awesome to use them as place card holders...I love when people use personal touches in their wedding.

I love your second dress by the way, it's beautiful and very romantic looking.

I know what you mean. I am starting to think that people who love disney are actually still the only ones brave enough to remember what its like to be yourself as a kid!I watch shows like plat weddings and i never see anything i like....

I know some people who just HATE disney. They say "If i feel like being a two year old Ill just watch tv" and it's like "YOU DONT GET IT" lol

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b I know those projects go longer than long and it drives me mad. I just want to live with him already (His family however is VERY religious, his dad is an ex-priest who left the brotherhood to marry his wife) So, that's why we have waited...it stinks, but, I guess in the long run it's a good example for the kids? Or we could have just lied

I promise it will be worth it in the long run! You'll feel so releived once your in and settled. It was a long process and really wiped me out, but in the end it was great and totally worth it. Hang in there!

Ex-Priest huh? Thats intense, only a few more months to go though... it will fly by!

ariel1025
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi there! I just wanted to tell you that I was going through my pictures of the honeymoon and I have a picture of the room number. Our honeymoon suite was room number 7095. I think the lady said there were 4 honeymoon suites total so there is a 25% chance that you will have our old room!!! Also, I wanted to share this picture with you

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/shanz1025/2323232327Ffp53649nu329389WSNRCG323.jpg

I know you said that you were really excited about the whirlpool tub (I was too, in fact I miss it dearly :rotfl: ) and I thought this was the coolest water faucet ever!!! I just had to share it with you. You are going to love staying at the WL everything there is just so perfect. I'm not sure if you have stayed there before or not, but if you haven't and you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. I know your Uncle works for WDW so he probably already answered everything for you, but just in case.....

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I've never stayed and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! THank you so much for that it is nuts!!!!

I cant wait to show Vinnie! He is bringing his bleach to clean it (germaphobe) But that's okay because it will be worth it!!!!

I know theres only four and I also know the evens are the MK view...so I am praying for that... Silly me... I just think it would be so much cooler to sit on the balcony and watch those fireworks!!!!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
this is a bit of a silly question, but how can i make a reservation at that Sci Fi restruant at DHS? (im hoping i dont have to call to make a ressie!)

I want to do it as a surprise for Wayne.. im trying to find a menu too but i cant seem to find one.. im only asking because i know you have made lots of ressies before, and need ya help!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
you do have to call, but if you tell me when and sround what time I will call for you since it doesnt cost me anything:) Just let me know that date you want to eat there, PM me and I will call it in and send you a confirmation #

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
oh and I think they take a last name, if you want me to just PM it all me:thumbsup2

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
really!? you'd do that for me!! thats so kind!! i will let you know in a couple of weeks (maybe 2 weeks?) when we have an idea of what parks we will be in on certain days and ill PM all my details to book a lunch. Thats so sweet of you to offer too, thanks!! Its just, he always surprises me, and i want to do a surprise for him, and i remember him saying he thought i looked cool, so yeah, i know its not much but he will love it when i surprise him and say, i booked us ressies at Sci fi dining place! heh! thanks Sam!! :flower3:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I was going to say the same thing...If u ever need us to make calls let us know...I have free long distance as well!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
thats so sweet! Thank you!! I will def let on of you know to help me out making a ressie there!

Im off to bed now, its coming upto 11 now and im knackered! hehe! So nighty night!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 04:37 PM
no prob! Just let me know, it takes 2 mins and its free for us, and I can only imagine the long distance bill you would have to pay yikes!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
i know, we are getting some phone cards for when we talk to the wedding people on the phone.. i think were gonna ring on Saturday and ask to see some locations when we go out in March! Thank you so much for the offer, its so kind of you, even if its free!

Im definately going to bed now.. hehe!!

ariel1025
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I've never stayed and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! THank you so much for that it is nuts!!!!

I cant wait to show Vinnie! He is bringing his bleach to clean it (germaphobe) But that's okay because it will be worth it!!!!

I know theres only four and I also know the evens are the MK view...so I am praying for that... Silly me... I just think it would be so much cooler to sit on the balcony and watch those fireworks!!!!

You are more than welcome!! I would have loved to see pictures before I went, it would have helped to calm my nerves...I kept stressing about the extra money it was costing to have that room.

Oh WOW...I would have LOVED to have a MK view. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on that pixiedust:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
You are more than welcome!! I would have loved to see pictures before I went, it would have helped to calm my nerves...I kept stressing about the extra money it was costing to have that room.

Oh WOW...I would have LOVED to have a MK view. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on that pixiedust:

Awww thank you sweetheart!!! I am really really hoping for it... I think the odds may be against us though... With our luck a fake hm couple will get those!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes...DF Rocks

So, My hope was that we would be able to have shell placecards.... However the ones I saw online I didn't like some of them. I wanted all the white shells...

So, Vinnie searched online for how they do it and it turned out he actually had the tool they use. So, instead of ordering like 200 dollars worth just to get the white ones, we instead went to the dollar tree and found my beautiful white shells.... and he worked his Magicpixiedust:

http://i42.tinypic.com/noivt4.jpg

So now, I am beyond excited because he really is into this wedding. I Was very nervous when we first got engaged that I would be doing everything myself. And I panic when I have to do everything... So this was just a reassurance...that this marriage... will be two people, not one holding all the weight!

Okay...crazy post done... Sorry for the mushies just really excited!:cheer2:

Angela0917
01-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm jealous that your DF is into the wedding planning!:rolleyes2 I can't even begin to tell you how long I had to bug my DF just to get a guestlist for his side of the family! That was torture! But, the shell placecards are very cute!!!!

Lynn5700
01-29-2009, 11:33 AM
They are really cute!!!

I love that dress you are going to change into girl! Very cute!

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
So cute, gotta love when the men get involved!
I love all the shells, they will look great, your wedding is sneaking up quick huh?

XxStaceFacexX
01-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Everything looks great! I just read the whole thread and I love everything you're planning. We are getting married in 18 days in WDW

You commented in my PJ asking where I got my shoes, I responded today. I don't know how I missed your question..sorry about that and Good Luck with everything!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-30-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm jealous that your DF is into the wedding planning!:rolleyes2 I can't even begin to tell you how long I had to bug my DF just to get a guestlist for his side of the family! That was torture! But, the shell placecards are very cute!!!!

I've been calling him "Vinnie the bride"
He keeps pushing that I need to go for a hair trial very soon:rotfl2: I was like "WHY do you know what a hair trial is?

They are really cute!!!

I love that dress you are going to change into girl! Very cute!
Thank you!
I am searching for it online now the store quoted it at 1,200 and Thats more than I paid for my gown!

So cute, gotta love when the men get involved!
I love all the shells, they will look great, your wedding is sneaking up quick huh?

Beyond fast. 16-something days... Its insane. And to think that i will be under 100 soon scares me....

Everything looks great! I just read the whole thread and I love everything you're planning. We are getting married in 18 days in WDW

You commented in my PJ asking where I got my shoes, I responded today. I don't know how I missed your question..sorry about that and Good Luck with everything!

OMG 18 days!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thank you hun! I'm so glad I don't drive people madwith my crazy talk! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
And...It seems this luck continues!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: This week is/was CAtholic Schools week all thoughout the New York. So, today was Crazy Hat day....

Last minute I decided to make a hat... I wore a pink outfit and used a bear:rotfl:
http://i41.tinypic.com/25a6nar.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/29pdapj.jpg

and out of all the faculty.... Who do you think won?
http://i40.tinypic.com/svm1xj.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Everyone thought for sure that the Gym teacher that all parents and all students drool over would win...But nope... It was lil ol jenny....

And then the chants started

"MS D MS D MS D"
The news paper reporter was in my face (Omg its just a school crazy hat day! I felt like I was BRittney Spears and I just shaved my hair and implanted a bear for g-ds sakes!!)

and then out of the blue

"MARRY ME!"

We are guessing it was one of the 8th grade boys as they've spoken such and proposed on numerous occasions...however.... today was just fun:lmao:

tiggersam00
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
:rotfl2: too funny! Vinnie might be jealous that he has some competition though! Congrats crazy hat lady!

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM
haha:rotfl2: lovely hat!! i would never think of putting a bear on my head for a hat- thats why you won!! hehe!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
haha:rotfl2: lovely hat!! i would never think of putting a bear on my head for a hat- thats why you won!! hehe!!

Yes it was so much fun. I do however have a faculty member angry with me because of the fact that last week I told her i wouldn't do it...she's like 65 years old think she'll ever grow up? lol

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
maybe she was just jealous you could pull off having a bear hat on your head and she couldnt! hehe!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
The Sand Ceremony

So, getting married in the Catholic Church means nothing out of the ordinary. So, Vin and I decided that we would do the sand ceremony at our Reception. Odd...yes. But so are we!

So, for Christmas vin's mom bought me this willowtree figure. It is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I wanted it for so long. It reminded me of us and so, I really searched hard for it.

One day she just found it and gave it to me as a late xmas gift. I started balling because it fit so perfectly on top of the apothecary jar we bought (FROM IKEA)

The two side pieces we are going to use as the fillers. The two on the side will have pink and blue or brown and the middle one will already have pink (To represent the past)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0983.jpg

Here is my question. Do I leave it the way it is and not touch them? Or, do I put our monogram on the two side ones (Since the middle one I really can't do much with)

I was considering putting a starfish in the middle one but I realized that you can't do it becasuse to open it it pops it off...

Confusion!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Crypacks continue

So, I am almost finished with the cry packs!:cool1:
I am going to gluedot the back with a starfish to keep it closed!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0989.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0990.jpg

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 02:42 PM
oooh what a great idea- i missed that one! They look really good- i cant belive you have made them yourself- im dreading making my save the dates- and i would make other things but gosh, i would just be wasting my time-i'd mess up everything! heh!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-31-2009, 06:59 AM
:rotfl: oooh what a great idea- i missed that one! They look really good- i cant belive you have made them yourself- im dreading making my save the dates- and i would make other things but gosh, i would just be wasting my time-i'd mess up everything! heh!

lol unfortunately that's really all I'm good with...crafts. Everything else I'm not that great with

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-01-2009, 09:14 AM
DIY Overload!!

So, I got sick this weekend (Go figure) and with that, I decided to do as many of my DIY as I can (As you can see already)

So, thank's to Kleenex and the sniffles, I now have the girls hair pieces finito!! (And Mine)

These are what is holding the flowers:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT1003.jpg
My hair piece, the starfish is swarvorski
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0997.jpg
All of them
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0994.jpg
and putting it together:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0998.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT1001.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT1002.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT1000.jpg

pink_tink8i8
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
oh wow! your DIY stuff is soo cute! Love the hair pieces! what a great idea :goodvibes

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-01-2009, 02:11 PM
oh wow! your DIY stuff is soo cute! Love the hair pieces! what a great idea :goodvibes

Thank you so much sweetheart!!:flower3:

malibustacey
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
yoooour tooo good at this!! Its not fair!! hehe!! They look really really great. I wish that when i start on mine, that they look as good as yours! How do you do it??? I get all flustered just walking into a craft shop and looking at different pieces of paper- too much choice- i dont know what to do!! I went to one place today... grr... it was too much, there was like, 40 different colours of card, with enveloped and pieces of paper to match and i was like .. woah... cool down, get my head straigh- i ONLY NEED SOME NICE LIGHT PINK SHIMMERY CARD! I ended up walking out with, you guessed it- nothing!! hehe!

Jen- the UK's 'arctic' weather has arrived today... it has been snowing all day.. yet its about 9pm and its about 2inches on the ground and its expected to carry on through the night... ill post you pictures of what it is like tomorrow- to show you how little snow can make the UK go into meltdown and everyone stops and this little sprinkling of snow causes so much havoc!! heh!!

i cant belive all the things you have made for your wedding. it makes me panic and think... 'how the hell am i going to make even half of what you have done!' hehe!! honestly, it looks so good. well done you!!!!! ::yes::

mermaidbride1108
02-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes...DF Rocks

So, My hope was that we would be able to have shell placecards.... However the ones I saw online I didn't like some of them. I wanted all the white shells...

So, Vinnie searched online for how they do it and it turned out he actually had the tool they use. So, instead of ordering like 200 dollars worth just to get the white ones, we instead went to the dollar tree and found my beautiful white shells.... and he worked his Magicpixiedust:

http://i42.tinypic.com/noivt4.jpg

So now, I am beyond excited because he really is into this wedding. I Was very nervous when we first got engaged that I would be doing everything myself. And I panic when I have to do everything... So this was just a reassurance...that this marriage... will be two people, not one holding all the weight!

Okay...crazy post done... Sorry for the mushies just really excited!:cheer2:

I just happened to cathc your pj and read all the way through! Are you having your at home ceremony at the beach? I'm having my wedding reception at Living seas and was thinking of doing seashell placecards but was worried I make them all trying to make them. Can you share what tool your DF used and how he did it?

Thank you!:flower3:

Here's a Dancing Banana for your trouble, lol!:banana:

tiggersam00
02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
wow, your creativity is awesome Jen! I love your hairpieces, I may steal that idea! They look gorgeous, are you going to give them to your BM's at the rehersal dinner or before that? :goodvibes

malibustacey
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
hey Jen, it snowed quite bad in the UK last night, i posted piccys in my PJ- to show ya what kind of snow we think is a lot!! hehe (and compare it to the mega mega snow you get over in US!!)

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I just happened to cathc your pj and read all the way through! Are you having your at home ceremony at the beach? I'm having my wedding reception at Living seas and was thinking of doing seashell placecards but was worried I make them all trying to make them. Can you share what tool your DF used and how he did it?

Thank you!:flower3:

Here's a Dancing Banana for your trouble, lol!:banana:

Okay I am waiting for him to call me back but its called like, a bazzle saw or something like that. They sell it in Sears and Home Depot. Its a hand held tool and you have to use the round small blade. As soon as he tells me the exact name ill let you know!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-02-2009, 04:38 PM
wow, your creativity is awesome Jen! I love your hairpieces, I may steal that idea! They look gorgeous, are you going to give them to your BM's at the rehersal dinner or before that? :goodvibes

Thank you s weetheart!!!!!! I am giving them the hair pieces at the RD...but i am praying they remember!!

hey Jen, it snowed quite bad in the UK last night, i posted piccys in my PJ- to show ya what kind of snow we think is a lot!! hehe (and compare it to the mega mega snow you get over in US!!)
Its supposed to snow tonight!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to look!!!

tiggersam00
02-02-2009, 09:21 PM
uggh don't remind me about the snow we are suppose to get tonight, I am just getting sick of it this year, anytime it has snowed we get slammed, there havent been any small dustions or flurries at all!

If my students miss any more dance classes I will go nuts:confused3 , have you guys used alot of snow days yet?

malibustacey
02-03-2009, 02:56 AM
snow days? are they like taking sick from work?

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
malibustacey snow days? are they like taking sick from work?

Sort of, when there is too much snow, the towns will cancel school for the kids (and since jen is a teacher, her too:)) You get a few each year just in case, but the city decides if they want to cancel or not.
Then the best part (at least in my opinion, tell me if you disagree Jen) is you watch the news on TV in the morning when it is snowing and see if they annouce that your cities schools are closed that day. And if they are, the kids all cheer lol!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Sort of, when there is too much snow, the towns will cancel school for the kids (and since jen is a teacher, her too:)) You get a few each year just in case, but the city decides if they want to cancel or not.
Then the best part (at least in my opinion, tell me if you disagree Jen) is you watch the news on TV in the morning when it is snowing and see if they annouce that your cities schools are closed that day. And if they are, the kids all cheer lol!

Grrr
we never get snow days
See, we are part of the Queens Diocese and it barely snows there. So even with 10 inches of snow we have to treck over

mermaidbride1108
02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Okay I am waiting for him to call me back but its called like, a bazzle saw or something like that. They sell it in Sears and Home Depot. Its a hand held tool and you have to use the round small blade. As soon as he tells me the exact name ill let you know!!!

Thank you!

malibustacey
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
This is so wierd for me, not knowing much about locations in the US- Now when you said Queens Jen - i thought of Ugly Betty... is that the Queens you are talking about? I am so confused.

I need to get a map of the world!!

Or as you are a teacher Jen, you could give me a few geography lessons!

figmentfan814
02-03-2009, 05:35 PM
First, I have to say I love how you made the sand ceremony set. I have a willow figure that is almost identical and I love it. I would go ahead and have the initials on the side ones, I think it would add a lot :thumbsup2

The cry packs are so cute, I have always loved those, but didn't get a chance to do them for our wedding. The girl's hair pieces are great too. That's great that you were able to get so many DIY projects done this weekend.

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
This is so wierd for me, not knowing much about locations in the US- Now when you said Queens Jen - i thought of Ugly Betty... is that the Queens you are talking about? I am so confused.

I need to get a map of the world!!

Or as you are a teacher Jen, you could give me a few geography lessons!

Yes that queens!! lmao.....
I will send you a map soon promise!

First, I have to say I love how you made the sand ceremony set. I have a willow figure that is almost identical and I love it. I would go ahead and have the initials on the side ones, I think it would add a lot :thumbsup2

The cry packs are so cute, I have always loved those, but didn't get a chance to do them for our wedding. The girl's hair pieces are great too. That's great that you were able to get so many DIY projects done this weekend.

You know, I have always been a big fan of your's so coming from you it means quite a bit!!

I was so worried about the sand ceremony though. I am going to get those permanant markers that come in white and write our innitials :)

This weekend i was sick so i got stuck in and got even more done! Today we finished the cry packs and started the ceremony programs!

Lynn5700
02-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Jenny all your DIY things turned out great! You are on a roll girl!

ariel1025
02-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey hun, so sorry you've been sick...but way to go on all the DIY projects you accomplished! LOVE the hairpieces!!:thumbsup2

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Jenny all your DIY things turned out great! You are on a roll girl!

THANK YOU LYNN!! Mother and I finished all the cry packs and some of the ceremony programs. We are only doing them in the begining rows for family and only have their names on them... I will post pics when I get home! :)

Hey hun, so sorry you've been sick...but way to go on all the DIY projects you accomplished! LOVE the hairpieces!!:thumbsup2

Thanks sooo much hun! I am better today thank goodness. We had the blessing of the throat yesterday and I was crssing my fingers it would heal me a little:rotfl:

figmentfan814
02-04-2009, 08:35 AM
You know, I have always been a big fan of your's so coming from you it means quite a bit!!

I was so worried about the sand ceremony though. I am going to get those permanant markers that come in white and write our innitials :)

This weekend i was sick so i got stuck in and got even more done! Today we finished the cry packs and started the ceremony programs!

Thank you so much, that is so sweet:goodvibes I learned a lot from previous brides too, so I am glad that I can pass things along too

Glad to hear you got the pack done. I'm looking forward to seeing the programs.

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you so much, that is so sweet:goodvibes I learned a lot from previous brides too, so I am glad that I can pass things along too

Glad to hear you got the pack done. I'm looking forward to seeing the programs.
Im crossing my fingers that tonight I get home before ten and I can post them (Before I get too sleepy!)

Mums awesome and helped beyond helping.... she is also super excited because today the card box topper is supposed to come!:cheer2:

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I feel like eeyore....

The kid's had a test today and since I teach both 4th grades for LA for two hours I am sitting ehre doing nothing. However, they are working on their next project on Polar bears!

You gals should visit it! There is a world map on the right side that tells you where people live that are looking at our site! When we rolled into 09' we lost last years info... we had many from UK, USA, etc... and now just basically here in ny!

www.region7blogs.com/communities/dowd

THe day is going so slow and today, I have a workshop after work. I keep watching the clock hoping that the time will pass and it doesn't!! I hate these days!

The workshop we are going to is actually in the building that Vin works in (How cool is that?) so, I get to pick him up after work and he mentioned going out to eat in our favorite greek diner! So, I guess that's something to look forward to!

See, with working for the Catholic Diocese we have to take a certain amount of Catholic workshops a year. So even if say, last year I had 60 hours, this year starts all over again. SO upsetting... But, that's life right?

What's terrible is that while I am sitting here, I am thinking of what I can do with the wedding things! What I can be ordering, or putting togehter etc. Crazy Jenny... Yes... That's all she seems to worry about!

So I hope the day goes faster for you gals! Its also rather hot here with the heat on FULL blast...so I am kind of dying!!!:sad: :scared:

malibustacey
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
oooh gosh its just gone 5pm here and i get to go home soon.... thank the lord! its been a drag of a day here too.... i have had so so much work i feel exhausted!

and i have to go gym later... grr.....

i will take a look at that site!

Stephie77
02-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Do not even worry what people say about your registry. If they don't think what you have on there is approriate then they don't need to buy it for you or concern themselves with it. No one should make any comment on what you and your DF decide on. I am registering at 3 places myself as have all my friends and co-workers. Also I don't think $70 is a lot for a good set of sheets. You deserve it as you are starting your life together and want to have some of the finer things. Nothing wrong with that. Don't let it get you down! :goodvibes

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Do not even worry what people say about your registry. If they don't think what you have on there is approriate then they don't need to buy it for you or concern themselves with it. No one should make any comment on what you and your DF decide on. I am registering at 3 places myself as have all my friends and co-workers. Also I don't think $70 is a lot for a good set of sheets. You deserve it as you are starting your life together and want to have some of the finer things. Nothing wrong with that. Don't let it get you down! :goodvibes

We decided that its definitely not alot of money and so we are sticking to our guns!!! woo hoo I feel awesome:rotfl:

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
These will be the church programs. Nothing major, just using the same color as the cry packs!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0101.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0098.jpg

Okay so other than that here is another idea I am stuck on...not sure if i want to use this as the pew bows or what...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/lrg_starfishpewbow1-2.jpg

Now, since we already will have the playbill on the tables we are afraid this may over crowd it... each couple would be given one and then it forms a full scrapbook/memory book:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/casual_front_detail.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/bridal_page_designs.jpghttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/addon_bride_cas_fr_detail.jpg

When df and I ran our business a few years back this was one of the figures I made and loved....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/Picture13-2-1.png
Not sure if I want to make my own quite yet...however I DID make one of our proposal, I'll post it when I can!

I know I know... This girl is nuts... Why is she posting so much? Well, this is officially proof that a head cold boggles the brain!

polynesianbride
02-05-2009, 12:14 AM
I am officially deeming you the Queen of DIY! You are definately on a roll- tons of great ideas... the cry packs, the shell placecard holders, the hair flowers, the programs, pew bow... love it all! Keep it coming... creativity challeneged people like me need to steal your ideas:lmao: !

malibustacey
02-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Jen - where do you find the time to do all of this? I thought teachers hardly had any time to themselves because they are pilled down with work!

And where do you get all the stuff? How do you manage to print on all those papers in different sizes? I havent a clue with computers or changing their settings so i will be lost when it comes to me printing off stuff.

I love it all, everything you have made looks like it has come from a shop... you should start up a business as a second job! I would pay for your stuff you make, its that good!

well done you!!

tiggersam00
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
you are def insane! In a good way!! You schould teach classes to other brides who need creativity lol:lmao: ! I would join! Seriously, evertyhing looks wonderful!

What business did you guys run btw?

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I am officially deeming you the Queen of DIY! You are definately on a roll- tons of great ideas... the cry packs, the shell placecard holders, the hair flowers, the programs, pew bow... love it all! Keep it coming... creativity challeneged people like me need to steal your ideas:lmao: !

The truth is, when I was younger I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and so I always thought I would never be good at anything because of that so my wonderful mother used to do crafts with me all the time and proved to me that I could do SOMETHING good!

Trust me, alot of things I have gotten ideas from books and thigns like that. My mom is so crafty and so I am alot like her!

Jen - where do you find the time to do all of this? I thought teachers hardly had any time to themselves because they are pilled down with work!

And where do you get all the stuff? How do you manage to print on all those papers in different sizes? I havent a clue with computers or changing their settings so i will be lost when it comes to me printing off stuff.

I love it all, everything you have made looks like it has come from a shop... you should start up a business as a second job! I would pay for your stuff you make, its that good!

well done you!!

Another little secret, I have insomnia:sad: I get maybe an hour of sleep a day... its terrible really. They think it is from the meds that I am on...

Thank you for your beautiful words stacy. DF and I used to do things like this a few years back for our job but once we got "REAL" jobs we had to stop the business. It is sad but we hope to start up again soon.
The program i use is called printmaster silver 10. It is awesome!!!!! Also i went to a craft store and got an awesome paper cutter!

you are def insane! In a good way!! You schould teach classes to other brides who need creativity lol:lmao: ! I would join! Seriously, evertyhing looks wonderful!

What business did you guys run btw?

We had a "Made in America" shop. personalized signs, handmade invites etc. I miss it...

I can totally show you guys step by step how to do everything if you would like! I promise it is really easy. Tell me what you want to see and I promise to post it here!

The cry packs, i just used cardstock, plain ivory. Got it for free at my job. Nothing fancy. The blue paper I got for free as well through a friend who was going to use it for her pocket folds. Instead i am using it for three different things lol...

I am always here to help I promise!

linzwylie
02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
wow, you are very talented, I love looking at what other people have made.

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
While looking at my old blog I realized I never posted my recreation of my proposal!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0385.jpg

I made this a very long time ago (like in August). I was doing really well with theblog at first but then, I got out of the wedding spirit once I realized no disney wedding... But now I am back and swinging full blast:rotfl:

So yesterday I came home after wrking from 7:20-7pm and found this:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0105.jpg

That is the top box of my card box. But the chairs Mum surprised me with! See, they were super expensive and I told her I would just settle with the simple box and she surprised me with them. I thought that was so nice. And I am going to paint them and put our names and the wedding date so after the wedding, We could save them!

The card box will be three boxes similar to that with large starfish. I am so excited to get it done now!!

It's been such a long day byt he way. We had to grade the state tests and so I literally read over 300 essays. Yes, three hundred. My head is killing me so badly, and I don't know why I've decided to take a visit to the computer...
I guess I just love these DIS boards wayy too much!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
wow, you are very talented, I love looking at what other people have made.

Thank you Linz<3 That means so so so so much to me!

camara381
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Your recreation of the proposal is so cute!!! I love it! What a nice thing to do the chairs and top box are adorable. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
OH MY LORD...IT HAPPENED!
My crazy face and crazy hat made tha paper!!!!!!!!!
Someone please, save me now?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0106.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/BeachBeIIa1111/PICT0108.jpg

Oh and by the way, my white suit is coming today.... I bought the "Bride" diamonds also so I CANT WAIT to iron it on!!!!! YAYYY!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Your recreation of the proposal is so cute!!! I love it! What a nice thing to do the chairs and top box are adorable. Can't wait to see it all finished.

I know I cant wait to do it now!!! I'm way to tired to start to saw at heavy cardboard though :( Wish I could:rotfl2:

malibustacey
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
aw Jen, you make me laugh!! Yay for the paper!! tehehehe!! You must be the best teacher ever - i bet your classes are so fun! Do you ever have to tell your students off? I bet they are so behaved for you because your such a fun teacher, no wonder you won that comp!

And Vin needs to pin you down, tie you to the bed, and make you sleep!! ::yes:: How on earth do you cope... wonder woman!! 1 hours sleep is crazy my dear, you need to think of yourself, and look after yourself! :flower3:

Post piccys when you have stuck the diamonds ya suit!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-05-2009, 04:44 PM
aw Jen, you make me laugh!! Yay for the paper!! tehehehe!! You must be the best teacher ever - i bet your classes are so fun! Do you ever have to tell your students off? I bet they are so behaved for you because your such a fun teacher, no wonder you won that comp!

And Vin needs to pin you down, tie you to the bed, and make you sleep!! ::yes:: How on earth do you cope... wonder woman!! 1 hours sleep is crazy my dear, you need to think of yourself, and look after yourself! :flower3:

Post piccys when you have stuck the diamonds ya suit!

I am stalking the UPS website for my package!!! I WANT IT I WANT IT!!

I have such a good class....Well classes. They are so amazing!! Last year however, I almost quit. Had a huge problem with a child who lied constantly about me... said that I cursed and threw things...hmmm? Been teaching there for 4 years and never had one complaint. The kid was like rosmary's baby. Found out over the summer she tried to drown another classmate in a pool. But she's an angel:thumbsup2 yeah okay

Okay enough of that heading down to check to see if mypackage came!!!

I know I need tosleep. Once VIn and I are living together I think It will be easier. Right now I have too much on my brain!

malibustacey
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Heh- wierd child.. :lmao:

Well i know sometimes you cant let things go... BUT HAVE A REST JEN!! hehe! Take care of yourself.... you seem to do so so much its crazy :) rest your crazy brain girl!

Just take it easy yeah.. !

Well i am off to bed now.. (i need at least 8-9 hours sleep or i am not a very nice person!! hehe!!:lmao: ) its getting late.... when i read the boards tomorrow your package will have arrived and you will be a very happy lady indeed :lmao:

anewmac
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM
haha Love the paper what an awesome thing to put in the scrapbook to show the kids LOL

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
A Hungry Bride is never good...

I don't know if it's the weather or what but I am beyond hungry. All week this week, I will be in the middle of teaching and boom, the stomach starts to sound like a volcano. I try to supress it with water until lunch and it doesn't help. The other day I actually had to open up a bag of chips and start to munch on them!!!!!

I havnt changed anything in my diet. Nothing with exercise. I don't see why this week I have felt like the never ending pit. And I mean it when I say never ending because it is almost like I can continue to eat and then it doesnt stop!

For my birthday my Mum is buying my gym membership (She's doing it this thursday although my birthday is March ) because she said I am becoming food obsessed and wants me to stop running (It seems to be making the asthma a mess) So I guess I'll just continue. Maybe its the weather? Maybe I'm in hybernation mode or something silly and crazy like that? Pooh may be right not being able to fit through that hole with his honey... espesially since it's the winter!

And a hungry bride... is never a happy bride. The last week I lost the 2 lbs it is right back up there. And I can't figure out how. If I am hungry i throw down a yogurt and apple, not a candy bar (Although I have been craving some crunchies lately... mmm honeycomb) So I can't figure out whats going on... But then I get angry with myself because I know the wedding is now 5 months away and it just, scares me to have gained weight for the wedding...

Oh gym membership speed your way here! LOL. And then Saturday is Valentines day.... What am I doing to myself? I can't wait for all the holidays to end.... No more yucky junk...

Speaking of junk... has anyone ever tried See's candy?? Because it is morethan fabulous and amazing. It's old fashioned chocolate candy still made the same way it was made years ago...For you skinny gals....go get some! lol

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
thats strange.. i had that a few weeks ago... but i think it was because i was eating absolute junk all day every day and my tummy sounded like 'grrrrooooooooogrrrhrhggghhhhhhbllaaaahhhgggggrrrr rhhh' :scared1: ... it made such loud noises i was embarrased in the office! i had such horrid feelings in my tummy where i felt so so hungry...

But - i started eating this youghurt called Activia.. it helps with bloating and your digestive system, and i have started eating brown, wholemeal FIBRE BOOSTING bread, and eating wholemeal pasta... and i havent felt a thing or heard a thing in my tummy for ages. (i am on a diet too)

but i really think getting fibre / wholemeal has worked for me...

I NEED TO GO GYM TONIGHT.. with the snow here its been too hard to drive to gym .. i really enjoy it actually!

If you start going gym, it might make you 'wear yourself out' a bit.. and it might make you sleep better- thats what i found!

ariel1025
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
A Hungry Bride is never good...

I don't know if it's the weather or what but I am beyond hungry. All week this week, I will be in the middle of teaching and boom, the stomach starts to sound like a volcano. I try to supress it with water until lunch and it doesn't help. The other day I actually had to open up a bag of chips and start to munch on them!!!!!

I havnt changed anything in my diet. Nothing with exercise. I don't see why this week I have felt like the never ending pit. And I mean it when I say never ending because it is almost like I can continue to eat and then it doesnt stop!

For my birthday my Mum is buying my gym membership (She's doing it this thursday although my birthday is March ) because she said I am becoming food obsessed and wants me to stop running (It seems to be making the asthma a mess) So I guess I'll just continue. Maybe its the weather? Maybe I'm in hybernation mode or something silly and crazy like that? Pooh may be right not being able to fit through that hole with his honey... espesially since it's the winter!

And a hungry bride... is never a happy bride. The last week I lost the 2 lbs it is right back up there. And I can't figure out how. If I am hungry i throw down a yogurt and apple, not a candy bar (Although I have been craving some crunchies lately... mmm honeycomb) So I can't figure out whats going on... But then I get angry with myself because I know the wedding is now 5 months away and it just, scares me to have gained weight for the wedding...

Oh gym membership speed your way here! LOL. And then Saturday is Valentines day.... What am I doing to myself? I can't wait for all the holidays to end.... No more yucky junk...

Speaking of junk... has anyone ever tried See's candy?? Because it is morethan fabulous and amazing. It's old fashioned chocolate candy still made the same way it was made years ago...For you skinny gals....go get some! lol

Hey there girly!! I know it's hard but try not to stress out about being hungry. Trust me I was totally where you are now. At 6 months before our wedding I only needed to lose 5 more pounds to reach my goal weight and then at 4 1/2 months...BOOM...I needed to lose 9 pounds...what the heck??? But I figured out (for myself at least) that if I ate a bunch of small meals throughout the day it helped and, the best part, I ended up losing more weight in that 4 1/2 months than in the previous 6. The only downfall, after my final dress fitting (2 days before the wedding) I ended up losing 5 more pounds out of nowhere...no problem right? WRONG!!! There are certain wedding pictures that look fantastic EXCEPT you can see how loose my dress is and it ended up making me look bigger than I was because of it :sad2: So, keep that in mind too, the final push will probably cause stress weight loss (the bad kind). If you need support you can always talk to me:goodvibes Plus, you look great in all your pictures so you don't even need to worry about it!!!!

Trust me I know the pitfalls of See's candy, before the wedding I was working a second job that was directly across from See's Candy in the mall....so not god:sad2:

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
thats strange.. i had that a few weeks ago... but i think it was because i was eating absolute junk all day every day and my tummy sounded like 'grrrrooooooooogrrrhrhggghhhhhhbllaaaahhhgggggrrrr rhhh' :scared1: ... it made such loud noises i was embarrased in the office! i had such horrid feelings in my tummy where i felt so so hungry...

But - i started eating this youghurt called Activia.. it helps with bloating and your digestive system, and i have started eating brown, wholemeal FIBRE BOOSTING bread, and eating wholemeal pasta... and i havent felt a thing or heard a thing in my tummy for ages. (i am on a diet too)

but i really think getting fibre / wholemeal has worked for me...

I NEED TO GO GYM TONIGHT.. with the snow here its been too hard to drive to gym .. i really enjoy it actually!

If you start going gym, it might make you 'wear yourself out' a bit.. and it might make you sleep better- thats what i found!
I hope it will! Although with my low immune system I fear getting sick from all those germs!!
Running in the cold was just waking me up lolol Do you have FiberOne out there? They now have all these pasteries.... and they're delicious! We use the cereal to make like rice crispy bars (Except their brown because of the fiber one) You melt the marshmellows and throw raisins in (So they plump) to the mallow, and then yumo!

Hey there girly!! I know it's hard but try not to stress out about being hungry. Trust me I was totally where you are now. At 6 months before our wedding I only needed to lose 5 more pounds to reach my goal weight and then at 4 1/2 months...BOOM...I needed to lose 9 pounds...what the heck??? But I figured out (for myself at least) that if I ate a bunch of small meals throughout the day it helped and, the best part, I ended up losing more weight in that 4 1/2 months than in the previous 6. The only downfall, after my final dress fitting (2 days before the wedding) I ended up losing 5 more pounds out of nowhere...no problem right? WRONG!!! There are certain wedding pictures that look fantastic EXCEPT you can see how loose my dress is and it ended up making me look bigger than I was because of it :sad2: So, keep that in mind too, the final push will probably cause stress weight loss (the bad kind). If you need support you can always talk to me:goodvibes Plus, you look great in all your pictures so you don't even need to worry about it!!!!

Trust me I know the pitfalls of See's candy, before the wedding I was working a second job that was directly across from See's Candy in the mall....so not god:sad2:

Awwww omg you are just so sweet and caring you know that? I think you look beautiful in all of our pictures!

Sees.. Oh lord... it is heaven. I order from them for holidays and this holiday coming up I was so so tempted... And I am not a candy fan...promise!

I made raisin wheat flour cookies last night and they came out delicious (I can't eat white flour/bread because I'm allergic... heck what am I not allergic to? I should be 5 lbs with all the things I can't eaT!)

:flower3:

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
hey there crazy hat lady! Too funny about the paper! Your a celebrity!
I agree with Shannon about the weight thing, you do not need to worry at all! I know it can be hard, and frusterating as anything, BUT you will look beautiful on your wedding day no matter what! I always suggest mixing up your routine for quicker results, if your getting a gym membership that will be perfect. OR, you can drive to Boston and take my hip hop class! That would be wayyy more fun then the gym lol!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
hey there crazy hat lady! Too funny about the paper! Your a celebrity!
I agree with Shannon about the weight thing, you do not need to worry at all! I know it can be hard, and frusterating as anything, BUT you will look beautiful on your wedding day no matter what! I always suggest mixing up your routine for quicker results, if your getting a gym membership that will be perfect. OR, you can drive to Boston and take my hip hop class! That would be wayyy more fun then the gym lol!

i miss hophop!!!!!!!!!!! I miss dance actually.... We used to compete..then one year we went against Austrailia...and omg they are fantastic lol

As I sit here eating my egg and turkey bacon... I am praying the salt doesnt make me gain even more :rotfl:

tiggersam00
02-07-2009, 09:06 AM
haha whenever I have salt my fingers swell and my e-ring gets tight, it is terrible!

Where did you dance?

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-07-2009, 09:07 AM
haha whenever I have salt my fingers swell and my e-ring gets tight, it is terrible!

Where did you dance?

I danced for Danceworks Dance company years back when they were big. No longer :( The owner had kids and sold it...makes me sad....

Let me see if I can find some old school dance pics to scan...they will make you laugh your bum:rotfl: off!!

malibustacey
02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
ooh i used to do tap and jazz dance - i wish i had kept it up, but i became a little tom boy and i wanted to join the scouts- and i loved the scouts at the time, then i was at scouts for so long that i was too old and had to leave, and then wished i could have danced again, but i was too old to re join.

i dont even have any of my old tap shoes or leotards or skirts... im so gutted!!

hehe!!

i want my little sister to do hip hop classes - my god, she is one little mover!! the way she dances puts people like beyonce to shame- she always says ''look mommy, i am shaking my booty!' - oh my gosh, she is so funny, she just copies the dancing on the music videos on the tv!

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:51 AM
haha Jenny, I will have to find my old dance pics too, there are some mega scary pics of me when I was little hahahaha! You def need to put your up!

Stacey, that is so cute about your little sister, tell her to keep on shaking it (in a cute kid-friendly way of course) :)

malibustacey
02-09-2009, 08:14 AM
haha its a bit scary when she can copy the music video dances on mtv! - and i mean videos like The pusscat Dolls ect!! She'd rather dance around the living room than watch the kiddies cartoons!! she is only 4!! :upsidedow

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Some People I sware are ROBOTS!

I Honestly hate venting. In high school I used to be annoyed with the girls who always complained. But after this weekend I must do it. I have caved. I've become a complainer... and a ... hold your breath... Bridezilla!

It all started on Friday. All of the suits came. Which was great. They've been placing all different orders because Vins family seems to not know how to measure for pants. But whatever Not a big deal...

So, Saturday comes. And here we are getting all of our furniture together, and putting everything in its place and 09 was so good to us... and then the family starts...

Vins uncle came in from Jersey. And he began...
"I dontknow man. Women, once they have that ring on their finger they turn into devils, they are not the same after marriage. They pretend to be something their not and then they get married and change into hags....etc"

Now, I can handle a littlebit. But an hour of this just got under my skin. We were baking cookies. Vinnie loves to bake and i mean he LOVES to bake. He said he wanted to make a large cookie and so he was making the cookie and his uncle again "See shes got you in the kitchen already. She brainwashed you to make you think you want to cook"

Now, he says he is joking. Fine. Joking is 5 minutes worth. NOT CONSTANT "I dont know vin, you sure you want to do this" and "You still have time" for AN HOUR! AN HOUR.

So, I was ticked frm the start. Crazy bugger wouldn't leave the room and the way he speaks to his wife really annoys me as well. Vin of course continued to say he was joking but come on.

So then we were in the living room gettng ready for cake. And we were showing the suits. Now, the suits are kakhi suits. The girls colors are blue and brown. Vinnie wanted to wear a blue tie and the boys wear dark brown which would make sense since its gonabe hard to get the same color as the girls. And brown would go perfectly. Well...

Vins mother decides that she is going to ask abotu the ties when he goes upstairs. For a month she has been pushing the paisleys (I am a big paisley fan but i do not think it goes with our theme or the suits and i just dont think it goes at all! Vin and I agreed also.
But she continued)

She begings "Its just my opinion but I dont think the brown goes with the suit"
He goes upstairs and she says "I dont know. I dontthink that dark brown looks good at all with the suit"
And I continued to explain that its hard to get a blue for the boys because then it wont match the girls and it wont look right. So then it continued

"Well I still say paisley. I think the paisley is the best for the suit. its classy. It makes it look nice, Ithink you should use the paisley"

Now, opinions are fine, but then she went and said this after I said "We really dont like the differnet colors we just want solid"

"Well, Ill talk to vinnie. Ill just talk to vinnie about it".

Um? Okay? Is this your wedding? I was so beyond upset by the fact that she is telling me basically that she will get vinnie to do what she wants, that I got up and went downstairs.

Now, yesterday comes around and we are in the store and because I give in and let people do what they want to me, I decided to start to look at STRIPED ties to give in a little to her but also keep to what I want.

So I said "Here vin look at this tie" and his response was "Its striped. Were not using striped"

So i said "Yeah, we are going to have to to avoid issues"

"Who are we avoiding issues with?"
"Your mom"

Oh lord. Why did i say it? Why on earth did the M word come out of my mouth? Ive done so good just letting it go and now, i couldn't.

and then, the diarreah of the mouth comes and guess what... I didn't stop. It was like I was on a runaway rollercoaster and the words were the tracks.

I just let it all out. "Your mom is pushing the paisleys, she basically said she is going to talk you into them so I thought we could just do the freakin striped"

So, the diarrea continues and continues and guess what... Vin freaks back. Now, vin does not freak out. He almost like a man on elephant tranqs daily. Not one bit of anger in him. And I know it was because I pushed the fight and pushed the issue.

And then...

I brought up disney.
We aren't getting married there because of her. And then, i foudn out this weekend that SHE may go in April with her daughter and the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She made a huge deal about going for us to get married there, and the travel and she wont take a plane, and now, boom, here she goes...

So, yes, I had alot held in. And I also let alot out. My mum was with us and she basically said I was right, but I was also wrong to continue as long as I did. which , I agree...

But why on earth... was I fighting with him over a tie? I mean, thats what he kept saying but he didn't see it had nothing to do with the tie, it had to do with the fact that his mother, once again, was trying to have control. Because she worries what others will think or say. And that drives me up a wall.... esp when he said that I hate everyone! Everyone? Shes the ONLY one I have problems with lately because she thinks she can control vin...

Okay so, enough venting. Sorry about that. Just had to let it out somewhere and I didn't know where.....

Lets hope this wedding will continue now....

malibustacey
02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
hunny hunny hunny! its okay!

I TOTALLY understand what you mean. Its so hard to keep things inside, especially when they are feelings you disagree with and when there is other people involved in making you feel this way. Men are pretty protective of their mums, and they will listen to what they say- but they will listen to you to- so they freak a bit when they are in the middle and they cant really get on one of your sides, because it would be unfair. I havent been in that situation as you yet, but i would not know what to do if it did. I would probably do the same as you- hold it all in and then explode and let it all out!

The thing is, grooms parents and ESPECIALLY the grooms mum will feel left out- because really, they dont normally have roles in the wedding, so given that she has the chance to be in with the planning and knowing about your planning, its her way of being part of helping you / planning- even when what she comes out with is the total opposite to what you want or are thinking.

Is there something that you can ask her to do.. so she has something to plan herself, and so its her little contribution for the wedding, and to keep her occupied with, so she doesnt interfear too much with your and Vin's plans? Maybe his uncle was just showing off in front of Vin - and maybe its his uncles fear of marriage. I wouldnt worry about that- you know who you are, and you know you are not going to be all those things that he was talking about- and as long as Vin knows it too (im sure he does!) - he said he knows he is joking, so i would just laugh back at his uncle, after all - its your marriage, and you will make it whatever you want it to be.

Maybe you could just ask Vin is you could both come up with something you can put his mum in charge of, if you get what i mean (example - getting candles or certain colours of things or arranging something?). That way, she hopefully wont get involved with all your plans - because after all - this is YOURS AND VINS wedding- not hers (i dont mean to sound horrible) but as long as you and Vin have what you want, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, its your day.

Try not get yourself too stressed out. Have some 'ME' time, and make sure that you and Vin have some time together where you dont bring up the wedding- just have a nice hour or two somewhere where you can enjoy yourselfs and dont have to worry about the wedding.

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Ohhh Jenny, I hear ya! Dont worry, I'm sure you will still have a wedding first off:thumbsup2 ! Thats crazy his uncle was saying all those things, could/would Vin say anything to him about how inappropriate it is? I would not have been able to hold my tongue like that, you have lots of class for doing it!

It sounds like his mom is trying to make your wedding into her wedding... and that is a hard spot to put you in. I would try to talk to Vin later and just explain how much her comments upset you, and thw whole disney thing is nuts! Remember it is your day, and it sounds like your mom is being great with all this, so you have a wonderful support system with her.
We all have our moments of flying off the handle (Im Cuban and Dave always says "your turning into Ricky Ricardo on me" when I start to go nuts :lmao: )

Going nuts is part of wedding (so I've learned) and you are allowed a few flip outs every now and then. I say keep your solid ties and tell his mom that you have decided that is what you are doing... let her fuss about it all she wants because if she is fussing over ties then she clearly has nothing better to do, thats just a waste of energy!

Just remember you will be in Disney for you honeymoon and you can relax there and focus on being a Mrs...

if you need anything let me know, I am always here if you need to vent, let it out, it helps :)

heres some pixie dust that it all works out:tink: pixiedust:

And hey, your banana man is back :banana:

ariel1025
02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Sweetie!! I am so sorry that you are having a rough time right now, but I would say exactly what Stacey already said. I would try to come up with something that it doesn't bother you how it comes out (yes I know that's hard with a wedding) and put Vin's Mom in complete control of it. That way it should help to keep her mind off of things and she feels important. I don't know what it is with the Groom's Mothers but I swear they are all the same. Candi's Mom was always saying "you HAVE to do this" or "you MUST do that" and I just flipped my lid one day. We (me and Candi) ended up fighting over what trash can to buy for our kitchen because I was so pent up with anger over her trying to control my wedding. So, even though it sucks know that it is normal. In the end I went to her and said "I really need your help, I have no idea what to do with the seating chart" and it worked!! She was so wrapped up in making the "perfect" seating chart that she started to back out of other areas. Here's the kicker.... I wasn't even going to use a seating chart, but I couldn't think of anything else that I could relinquish control on :rotfl: She never knew that I wasn't planning on using one and I even let her make the name card things and she was so happy about it. I hope that helps at least a little.

And if you need ANYTHING you can always vent to me!!! Hope things start to get better for you :tinker: pixiedust:

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Is there something that you can ask her to do.. so she has something to plan herself, and so its her little contribution for the wedding, and to keep her occupied with, so she doesnt interfear too much with your and Vin's plans?

Major issue with her... Last year she did alot of things to her son and daughter in law when they were getting married last Oct.

For starters, Fsil cant eat cakes from bakeries, and so she asked for a ice cream cake for her shower. THAT was the only thing she was put in charge of for the shower (Vins Mum) and do you know out of spite she bought a regular cake? So Fsil didn't get to eat at her own shower. And that was all she was in charge of.

The reason we had to lie about only being able to invite 90 people was because his mum started with "You HAVE to invite my friends and this one and that one and the cousins" and vin said "Absolutely not" and so that is why we have a small room....

Ohhh Jenny, I hear ya! Dont worry, I'm sure you will still have a wedding first off:thumbsup2 ! Thats crazy his uncle was saying all those things, could/would Vin say anything to him about how inappropriate it is? I would not have been able to hold my tongue like that, you have lots of class for doing it!

Going nuts is part of wedding (so I've learned) and you are allowed a few flip outs every now and then. I say keep your solid ties and tell his mom that you have decided that is what you are doing... let her fuss about it all she wants because if she is fussing over ties then she clearly has nothing better to do, thats just a waste of energy!

And hey, your banana man is back :banana:

HIs uncle is obviously unhappy and that bothers me that hes one of "those men"

I honestly LOVE his mother. Other then weddings she is the most amazing and caring person on the face of the planet. I kid you not. I worry that since she wasn'thappy with her wedding years ago she then obsesses over others. I don't know. Vin text me earlier and said "Hey love you"
So I guess its okay. I just, have been in such bad relationships in the past that I fear the worst....

Hi Sweetie!! I am so sorry that you are having a rough time right now, but I would say exactly what Stacey already said. I would try to come up with something that it doesn't bother you how it comes out (yes I know that's hard with a wedding) and put Vin's Mom in complete control of it. That way it should help to keep her mind off of things and she feels important. I don't know what it is with the Groom's Mothers but I swear they are all the same. Candi's Mom was always saying "you HAVE to do this" or "you MUST do that" and I just flipped my lid one day. We (me and Candi) ended up fighting over what trash can to buy for our kitchen because I was so pent up with anger over her trying to control my wedding. So, even though it sucks know that it is normal. In the end I went to her and said "I really need your help, I have no idea what to do with the seating chart" and it worked!! She was so wrapped up in making the "perfect" seating chart that she started to back out of other areas. Here's the kicker.... I wasn't even going to use a seating chart, but I couldn't think of anything else that I could relinquish control on :rotfl: She never knew that I wasn't planning on using one and I even let her make the name card things and she was so happy about it. I hope that helps at least a little.

And if you need ANYTHING you can always vent to me!!! Hope things start to get better for you :tinker: pixiedust:

I really cant vent to others....thats why i vented here and as ussual you girls are amazing. I am so so rry for the vent by the way.

All I want to do is eat chocolate cake. Thank god were heading to the gym tonight... .That sees candy seems good right about now

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I hear you about the past bad relationships, story of my life till Dave. It can be very hard to realize that there are good guys out there, but you have found one for sure :flower3: !

At least you get along with his mom, thats a huge issue for a few friends of mine right now. I think Stacey and Shannon are right, give her a small project (preferrably something that involves a lotttttt of time) I had Dave punching mickey-fetti this weekend and it took us hours! And hopefully she will lay off about everything else. Let us know how it all works out :hug:

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I hear you about the past bad relationships, story of my life till Dave. It can be very hard to realize that there are good guys out there, but you have found one for sure :flower3: !

At least you get along with his mom, thats a huge issue for a few friends of mine right now. I think Stacey and Shannon are right, give her a small project (preferrably something that involves a lotttttt of time) I had Dave punching mickey-fetti this weekend and it took us hours! And hopefully she will lay off about everything else. Let us know how it all works out :hug:

OMG punhing confetti sounds like a plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!May have to do that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay now I just need to find the right hole puncher!

malibustacey
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
punching confetti - that would be torture for me!! hehe!! :rotfl: Im too impatient and i would get frustrated with it. Im so bad at crafty things =(

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I got it at Micheal's, it had a mickey hand, a mickey head, and an "M" with Stars. I think it is meant to do borders on scrapbooks, but I just used it for Mickey-Fetti!:laughing:

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
oh and if you use really think paper (like I stupidly did) it gets even harder... at one point Dave and I were using a hammer to punch the stupid things... but it did come out nice. I'll post pics of my crafty projects on my PJ later

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: First of all, i actually love you girls. Lol.

oh and if you use really think paper (like I stupidly did) it gets even harder... at one point Dave and I were using a hammer to punch the stupid things... but it did come out nice. I'll post pics of my crafty projects on my PJ later

I got a seahorse hole puncher. AND dum dum dum dum

IM GOING TO HAVE HER MAKE THOSE JORDAN ALMOND THINGS!!!!!!!!Banana man is back just for me:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you girls...but before I say goodnight i have some more news....

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
The Luck Continues!!!

Check this out (PLEASE do not mind the faces.... i just got over a cold and had a cold sore very badly)
http://www.nycityweddings.com/chat/topic-587434-1.html

Can you believe???!?! I won it on a site that Im on!!! how INSANE is it that my luck is continuing!!!!!!!! Who cares about ties when you can win something sparkley!

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
whats the sparkly something??? did you get it yet?? Thats awesome Jenny! Your luck is awesome the last few weeks! Super cute pic too :)

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-09-2009, 07:19 PM
whats the sparkly something??? did you get it yet?? Thats awesome Jenny! Your luck is awesome the last few weeks! Super cute pic too :)

They havnt said. I think they are just going to mail it. How awesome the last couple of weeks have been since January. Although this weekend stunk, this was my wakeup call...that there are bigger things to think about... and sparklier...

I am waiting now for President Obama to stop talking to that we can watch heroes. I just, feel like its the same thing over and over and I get very upset. Esp being a cath school teacher and with vin working for the diocese.. I dont want to hear anymore about the stimulus lol

Anyway... YAY.

And Sam, you said you are Cuban? You look Greek in your pictures!

princess22
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I wanted to join in the fun! Everything looks amazing, youre very creative!

Are both of your parents filipino? DF is filipino, so my daughter is only half. I'm a teacher also, so I know what you mean about not being able to go to certain websites... eerr!!!

But once again, everything looks great. I just spent about 45 minutes reading your PJ and I'm hooked!!!!!:thumbsup2 :banana:

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
ahhh stupid presidential speechs taking over my TV time! I didnt get to watch the big bang theory at 8! You def have to keep me posted on the something sparkly!!
I look like I'm many things lol, my dad is from Cuba and my mom's family is scottish so I am a huge mutt! I do love Greek food though and Greece is on our dream honeymoon list too!

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 04:52 AM
I am a bit late in catching up - my laptop at home is really annoying me- it just decides when it wants to turn itself off. So i am only able to read at work here now- and at home when my laptop wants to.

Thats sooo good you won that comp!! yet again- another comp!! hehe!!

what do mean when you cant look or go on some websites because you are filipino?

princess22
02-10-2009, 05:56 AM
what do mean when you cant look or go on some websites because you are filipino?

I meant, I'm a teacher and I think most schools block a lot of websites because they don't want students accessing certain things!

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 07:05 AM
haha oh im silly.. i get ya!!! sorry!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-10-2009, 07:42 AM
I wanted to join in the fun! Everything looks amazing, youre very creative!

Are both of your parents filipino? DF is filipino, so my daughter is only half. I'm a teacher also, so I know what you mean about not being able to go to certain websites... eerr!!!

But once again, everything looks great. I just spent about 45 minutes reading your PJ and I'm hooked!!!!!:thumbsup2 :banana:

Yay for another reader! I'm glad I entertain some people!!

My mum is Filipino, but she is also french, Italian,German, and Puertorican.
My dad is Greek, Spanish, Irish, Arabic and something else but I forget. We have al ittle of each culture in us, but as my mom says we are "Americans" now. lol

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-10-2009, 07:45 AM
ahhh stupid presidential speechs taking over my TV time! I didnt get to watch the big bang theory at 8! You def have to keep me posted on the something sparkly!!
I look like I'm many things lol, my dad is from Cuba and my mom's family is scottish so I am a huge mutt! I do love Greek food though and Greece is on our dream honeymoon list too!

I cant wait to go to greece. Vinnie has family there... he is Greek, ITalian, English and German so together our children are the united nations :rotfl: :rotfl:

I got to watch heroes so that was good!

I also went to the gym yesterday. An hour on the tredmil and yet today I woke up not feeling it? I am going to push a little harder today and cross my fingers that tomorrow i'll feel it.... The eliptical hurt my knee becauseof the tear so I only did that for a half hour...didn't want to push it....

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 07:50 AM
hola Jenny, amo todos sus proyectos de boda! No puedo esperar a hasta la vista durante su día de boda, esto va a ser perfecto!

usted hace un gran trabajo con toda su planificación de boda!

aquí está algún polvo de duendecillo :pixiedust:

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
you are a women of many talents Stacey!

Jenny, don't push yourself and mess up your knee! Nothing is fun with a knee brace!