PDA

View Full Version : Is this allowed?

Ohana 4
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Not sure if this is allowed, so I wanted to ask here first. I don't want to do something illegal...
Can I book a DVC resort at my home at 11 months out, then at the 7 month mark, change that resort to one that isn't my home resort? So that just in case they don't have room at 7 months in my preferred resort, I'll still have a place SOMEWHERE when we go? Is this allowed?

Deb & Bill
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Not sure if this is allowed, so I wanted to ask here first. I don't want to do something illegal...
Can I book a DVC resort at my home at 11 months out, then at the 7 month mark, change that resort to one that isn't my home resort? So that just in case they don't have room at 7 months in my preferred resort, I'll still have a place SOMEWHERE when we go? Is this allowed?

That is what many members do. Especially for those hard to get times. It is legal.

disneynutz
01-07-2009, 10:35 PM

Allowed? It's not only allowed, it's a smart thing to do. :thumbsup2

SaysNuts
01-07-2009, 11:34 PM

I do it every single time. And Darn, I thought I was the only one :)

MikeyNS
01-08-2009, 06:41 AM
If you *really* wanted to, and there was availability after the 7 month window, you could change your reservation every day to a new resort until the date of your trip. ;)

wildernessDad
01-08-2009, 06:50 AM
What a 'change' means is a cancellation and rebooking subject to availability.

Dean
01-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Unless DVC institutes a cancellation or change fee, I think you'll cont to see a lot of members use this and similar approaches. Similar would include things like booking multiple times or units until you know what you need.

Ohana 4
01-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks everyone. I've had DVC for 5 years now, you'd think I was smart enough to do this before. Everytime we've gone, I just booked and it was available or I was waitlisted and it came through prior to our trip. Only during Christmas did we have to "resort hop" because I had to piece our reservations together...sometimes within the same resort!!
We're planning another Christmas trip, so I was wondering if it would be smarter to do it this way. Now I know.
Thanks again!:thumbsup2

kiingor
01-08-2009, 08:15 AM
wow, no wonder it's so hard to find anything with 7 month window- they're all locked in by home resort owners....:rolleyes:

Dean
01-08-2009, 08:19 AM
wow, no wonder it's so hard to find anything with 7 month window- they're all locked in by home resort owners....:rolleyes:As it should be. However, if they do get something else, those spaces will be freed up for those booking at or after the 7 month window. One thing to consider is that those cancelations will not be on board at exactly the point the 7 month window opens. A significant portion will come on during the day but a fair portion later at they aren't in as much of a hurry since they have something or when a wait list clears.