PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Universal Maingate

Bowen9475
01-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate Universal on Kirkman Road? What can you tell me about this hotel? Thank you!

ky07
01-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate Universal on Kirkman Road? What can you tell me about this hotel? Thank you!
Haven't stayed at the Holiday Inn you are talking about but hav stayed at the Doubletree up from it on Major Blvd and it was nothing fancy but nice hotel but have heard some bad things about the holiday inn and that why I never stayed there

marcbelt
01-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Didnt stay there.....but its definitely walking distance to IOA and US. Saves on parking fees.....

teresared
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
My brother and sister-in-law have stayed there and they were unhappy with it. The front desk gave them trouble over park tickets that were part of their package. They also said the shuttle schedule was unreliable.

DOOM1001
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Haven't stayed there but ate at the huge TGI Fridays that's basically right next to it and has a hallway that connects to the Holiday Inn,I remember seeing the hallway and wondering where it went,I walked the hallway and noticed it led into the hotel.The Hallway smelled old and what I saw from the hotel looked like there was a reason why it smelled old.I did stay several times next door at the Hyatt Place which is awesome and would definitely suggest.

DisneyaholicRaquel
01-08-2009, 12:33 PM
GREAT QUESTION!!!! I was wondering about the Holiday Inn too....need to book a room 4/3-4/8 and expensive time of year. Anyone ever stayed at the Crowne Plaza???

keishashadow
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
what does trip advisor reviews have to say?popcorn::

squirrel
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I believe that is where I stayed in 1999. If it is, it was fine back then. We used the shuttle a few time to get to Sea World and Wet n' Wild-we missed it once and took a taxi. The shuttle also stopped at a few other Inns/Hotels on the way.

We walked to Universal from there every morning, and most likely took the shuttle back, if it was a convient time-but can't remember back that far.

We ate at the Pizza Hut nearby and the Ponderosa.

macraven
01-08-2009, 05:31 PM
i don't put a lot of faith in the trip advisor.

have looked at it many times and don't get where some people come up with their ratings.

the issues some hotels have listed in the reviews seem like a hit or miss thing.

but, will add, that some of the reviews that are solid positive or solid negative, i have to agee with.

don't exclude a hotel listed on trip advisor that has just a handful of poor reviews. check the date they stayed at the hotel and figure out if it was a fully booked time period.

donaldduck352
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I totally agree about trip advisor,not a good source at all too judge..
Case in point,LaQuinnta Inn on Jamaicen Ct. off I-Drive.Stayed at this hotel many times and there score for this was really low,when we stayed there it was great everytime!!