PDA

View Full Version : THV or 2bed @ AKV kidani

tigger2on
01-07-2009, 02:36 PM
So here is my options for our late Sept./ early Oct 09 trip.

Cast: Me (38) Dh(45) DD1 (12 and disabled) DD2 (4) DS1 (2) DS2 (will turn 1 while we are there!) DNphew(9) and possibly my DM (70's) or my DF (30's)

Why we are thinking THV:

Stand alone accomodations = less noise
3 bedrooms vs 2 bedrooms @ Kidani

Why we are thinking AKV Kidani:

Animals for kids to see all the time
The water play area for my young ones

However I think I will have to book at studio as well as a 2 bedroom @ AKV.

I am worried about the pool, food and bug situation ay THV too in late SEpt.
We went to AKL in November once and I got eaten by mosquitos!!!

What do ya think???

chatchdvc
01-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Just to add to the mix--

A Kidani 2 br will have 3 bathrooms, whereas THV will only have 2 bathrooms.

With the number of people you're thinking of bringing, I think that extra bath would be a blessing!

roadtripper
01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't know if your DD has any behavioral issues w/her disability, but I am hoping for a THV for our family next year for the privacy factor. When DS 12 (also disabled) has a meltdown, EVERYONE knows. I would rather be in the woods, away from everyone if it happens. We did savannah view 2 BR at AKV last Feb, and I was the only one on the balcony most of the time. The kids were not as into it as I'd hoped. Good luck deciding!

tigger2on
01-07-2009, 08:46 PM
about the bathrooms but my 9 yr old nephew is going through the non-hygiene phase and my 3 little ones bathe together at night soooo... 2 bathrooms will be ok for now.
My dd is 100% dependent for all needs but luckily has no behaviour issues unless you count pre-puberty mood swings!!! However, all my kids are VERY light sleepers so no noise factor plays into the plan for THV too