PDA

View Full Version : Why can't i use the SEARCH option???

frechettegirl
01-06-2009, 08:17 PM
It's driving me nuts anyone else having a problem?
I'm trying to locate a ebay seller ID that was posted yesterday on a BBB thread.

lovetoscrap
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Long answer or short answer?

Short Answer: Search doesn't work. Sorry.

Long Answer: Well, Medium answer cause I am not getting into the long answer-- you can read the Technical Board for that.

Search is very limited here. First of all it takes a few days for posts to be archived into the search system so a post from yesterday probably won't show up yet. And you have to be careful about the search terms you use or you get useless answers, or none at all. You are probably best to just post a new thread and say "Hey, can someone tell me that thing or link me to that thread from yesterday, I can't find it and search won't work." And inevitably someone will respond with "Use the Search" to which you just :rolleyes: and ignore them and wait for some nice, helpful person to come along and help you.

There is also a way to use google to search here but I can never remember what it is but I am sure someone will come along and tell you.

See. Aren't you glad I didn't give you the long answer? :teeth:

frechettegirl
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Thank you!! i was using it all day yesterday and it worked fine.. weird. I did end up google and finding the thread.. thank god !!

sunsetandgower
01-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Put this into a google search

site:disboards.com archive

and then put the term you are looking for in quotes

works like a charm:thumbsup2

3SillyKids
01-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I didnt want to make a lot of posts asking questions that had already been answered but I couldnt get the search feature to work.