PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on AKV

groulxfamily
01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Was wondering on where you suggest we stay at the Jambo or the Kidani??
First time going down with boys 12&10.
Thanks
Greg and Dana Groulx

tjkraz
01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
No advice here but some pros/cons to weigh:

If the trip is planned for the May/June 2009 timeframe, consider whether you are willing to deal with any of the possible hassle from a new resort opening (Kidani.)

If you like Boma, Jiko or Mara, consider Jambo. The walk between the two is substantial and Kidani will not have any counter service restaurants.

The rooms at Kidani are larger and have the extra bathroom in 1B / 2B.

Kidani will have a water play area by the pool. Sounds like your kids may still be on the cusp of enjoying something like that. But the Kidani pool itself looks to be MUCH smaller than Jambo if the are just looking to swim/float/splash in the water. Both have slides.

groulxfamily
01-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Thanks

dairyqueenmom
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I haven't stayed at Kidani yet, but have stayed at Jamba house in May with a 11 & 9 year old. They thought the pool was kind of small and the slide not as cool as some of the other pools we hopped to during our vacation.

We are staying again at Jamba house in Aug. but that is due to getting the value 2bd. I am a points miser and can't justify the extra points to stay at Kidani.

brandylouwho
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Since Kidani isn't open yet...I can't form an opinion on it (but we did book there for August).

Jambo is wonderful, you'll have the Mara (CS) available, the arcade, we enjoyed the pool (but the slide is tame--our 5 year old loved it).

If you will be in a 1bd or larger, you'll have an additional bathroom in Kidani, which could make the living situation more comfortable for you.

Hmmm, now that I think about it I don't know which I would prefer. :goodvibes

kaffinito
01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Without Kidani being open it's kind of hard to say what it will be like. Jambo is a really nice place to stay at, but the DVC rooms will be smaller there than at Kidani. Jambo does that advantage of being right at AKL, and it is the only DVC resort that offers concierge. I guess it all depends on what kind of vacation you want and how much room you'll need.

Honestly, I don't think anyone can tell you which is better until the darn place opens. Have you ever stayed at a DVC resort? I would try to compare Jambo/Kidani to WL and VWL.

groulxfamily
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for all the helpful input....makes ya wanna go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

groulxfamily
01-18-2009, 10:02 AM
still looking in to it thanks

Inkmahm
01-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Concierge is only available at Jambo. We're doing that in March. But for a single night after our cruise in December, we're trying Kidani.

My plan is also to book our Spring 2010 trip at Kidani. I'll be booking that in April 2009 so it will be booked before I get a chance to stay there to compare Kidani and Jambo myself. But for 2010, the draw for me is the extra bathroom in the one bedroom at Kidani. We are hoping to take my sister and niece with us, as well as maybe my mom. That makes 4 or 5 of us in the one bedroom and two bathrooms would be very nice.