PDA

View Full Version : Rip Ride Rockit Construction Photos

WayfastWill
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/01/05/over-the-fence-rip-ride-rocket-construction/

Snapped a couple spy shots today, hope you like. Nothing done yet enough to make out, but I'll keep my eye out.

Dollyrar
01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Looking good! It's looking HUGE!!!! :scared1:

nodoubtrock
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I have a few pics like your first one but didn't post b/c I took them from an area I wasn't supposed to be. Behind the blockade/subway area and closer to the old ghostbuster stage. I was told to stop taking pics and leave the area.

donaldduck352
01-05-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/01/05/over-the-fence-rip-ride-rocket-construction/

Snapped a couple spy shots today, hope you like. Nothing done yet enough to make out, but I'll keep my eye out.

What Ya think,done by Apirl???

WayfastWill
01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I have a few pics like your first one but didn't post b/c I took them from an area I wasn't supposed to be. Behind the blockade/subway area and closer to the old ghostbuster stage. I was told to stop taking pics and leave the area.

That is so funny, I actually snook back there, but got chased out :lmao:

Like I said, there isn't enough done to really make anything out, in my opinion, April would be hard to make from the looks of it. But thats why I'm in web and not construction! :confused3

Metro West
01-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Like I said, there isn't enough done to really make anything out, in my opinion, April would be hard to make from the looks of it. But thats why I'm in web and not construction! :confused3 I agree...April seems too soon to have everything up and running but you never know. Personally...I'm thinking sometime in May...maybe in time for Memorial Day weekend.

ky07
01-06-2009, 07:08 AM
I agree...April seems too soon to have everything up and running but you never know. Personally...I'm thinking sometime in May...maybe in time for Memorial Day weekend.

I agree with metro that when it does open it will most likely be may.
Which either one I wont be there until june or july and it should be up and running and this coaster chicken will have to get up the nerve to ride it :lmao:

rpbert1
01-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Ill go on with you Lawerence

Pink Flamingo
01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Sure hope it's up & running for our June trip.

Disneyhappy
01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
OMG! I can't wait to give this one a try. Picking our own song will definitely add to the experience. We are lucky with our timing as it sounds like it should be up and running for our July 4th week trip. Now, only if we can use FOTL for the attraction but I am sure that will be asking a bit too much!

inkkognito
01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow, I get more and more excited every time I see new photos! That is gonna be one heck of a coaster.

ky07
01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Ill go on with you Lawerence
That would be fun Robert
Just hope you guys will be there when we are cause have to change my dates

Metro West
01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
That would be fun Robert
Just hope you guys will be there when we are cause have to change my dates I just want to take pictures of you two screaming your heads off! :rotfl2:

ky07
01-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I just want to take pictures of you two screaming your heads off! :rotfl2:
Trust me I am a big fella and can scream like a girl :lmao: :lmao:

DeblovesPoohbear
01-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Woo Hoo!!!! I love it! Thanks for posting :)

KatyTheFairyPrincess
02-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Any idea when this will be opening besides "spring"?
We'll be there the first week of April so would love to try a soft opening or something

Metro West
02-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Any idea when this will be opening besides "spring"?
We'll be there the first week of April so would love to try a soft opening or somethingNot sure...I'm thinking sometime by Memorial Day weekend hopefully. I think the first week of April is too soon...they still have a lot to do.

inkkognito
02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Hubby said a TM told him yesterday that they trains haven't been started yet. Ugh! I hope he was just getting his chain jerked. Or maybe they'll quick to build...dunno, but I'm getting impatient.

inkkognito
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
OMG, I just noticed...I've been tagged! And now I'm trying desperately to remember the reference. Something is there at the fringes of my addled brain, but it just won't come out.

And it's a lovely red...so now I'm kind of a red-head. ;) (Well, pink on my laptop but red on my G1.)

Metro West
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM
OMG, I just noticed...I've been tagged! And now I'm trying desperately to remember the reference. Something is there at the fringes of my addled brain, but it just won't come out.

And it's a lovely red...so now I'm kind of a red-head. ;) :woohoo:

macraven
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM

And it's a lovely red...so now I'm kind of a red-head. ;) (Well, pink on my laptop but red on my G1.)

eh, it looks pink to me.

congrats on the tags. i loved the mini me one!

i remember a couple of posts where you talked about the cig smoke.

rpbert1
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Dont know about screaming, But might need a paramedic to bring me round after it.:rotfl:

I just want to take pictures of you two screaming your heads off! :rotfl2:

ky07
02-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Dont know about screaming, But might need a paramedic to bring me round after it.:rotfl:

Robert if I get DW to ride this one I wornder what she will break this time :scared: just have to remeber to tell her no hand holding cause I want to keep all my fingers :lmao: :lmao:

inkkognito
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
eh, it looks pink to me.

congrats on the tags. i loved the mini me one!

i remember a couple of posts where you talked about the cig smoke.
Yeah, note my correction in my post. It looked red on my G1 phone but I see the pink now on my laptop. I guess I spend too much time on Disney cruise ships to be a complete redhead, hee hee.

The post in question was part of some great snarking that build up over on the Theme Parks board. After contemplating for a while, I think it was over taking photos of the characters with other people's kids in 'em or something, and then it turned into ways to be annoying...and at that point it was probably locked, hee hee. We never seem to get all that wild and snarky over here. I think it was a while back too. Beware the Tag Fairy, as she has a long memory!

dpayne1969
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
we will be there May 25-June 1 hoping to get to ride this new coaster :thumbsup2

ksdave
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Here are some pics I took from my biz trip on 1/13. They're moving right along on "Rip".

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/ksdave/UO/

dpayne1969
02-03-2009, 03:31 PM
thanks for the update we enjoyed looking at the photos :thumbsup2

ksdave
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry they were not very sharp. The weather that day was pretty ugly :sad2: .

dpayne1969
02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
yeah I noticed the weather looked rainy but they were good pics. :thumbsup2

ky07
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry they were not very sharp. The weather that day was pretty ugly :sad2: .
Great pics anyway Thanks :thumbsup2

DWFan4Life
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Thanks for taking time to share it here. I can't wait to ride.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

subtchr
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Here are a couple pics from last Friday:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/Fair%20Lawn%20HS%20Orlando%2009/RipRideRockitcoaster3.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/Fair%20Lawn%20HS%20Orlando%2009/RipRideRockitcoaster2.jpg

And for what it is worth, we chatted with a management-type employee when we got to the park, and he said it looked as if it would be ready to open in May.

We had a great day at the park Friday, no lines and sunshine by the afternoon.

MRS AR
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I sure hope the ride is open when we are there May 8-13th.

t-and-a
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I sure hope the ride is open when we are there May 8-13th.

I hope it's open for you too, but if not, I sure hope it's open for us on June 4-5.

donaldduck352
02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
[B][I]A few from Wendsday..

[/http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ashley_herb/dads%20album/013.jpg

Ihttp://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ashley_herb/dads%20album/026-2.jpg

]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ashley_herb/dads%20album/029-1.jpg

[http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ashley_herb/dads%20album/032-1.jpg

/http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ashley_herb/dads%20album/033.jpg

B]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ashley_herb/dads%20album/035-1.jpg

the Dark Marauder
02-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Taken today:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/millenniumdragn/Hollywood%20Rockit/IMGP1489.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/millenniumdragn/Hollywood%20Rockit/IMGP1491.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/millenniumdragn/Hollywood%20Rockit/IMGP1495.jpg

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Class photos, cannot wait to be on this ride.

pixeegrl
02-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Awesome! Keep em coming! Can you imagine walking around and suddenly a coaster comes zooming by! I can't wait!

Aruba
02-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know the story behind this ride? :confused3 I have not been to US/IOA in a few years so I just jumped on these boards to see what is new... we are bring our youngest daughter princess: there for a long weekend as a jr high graduation present.:cool1: ... WOW! New stuff, love it, but what is the story behind this roller coaster? can't wait! :dance3:

Metro West
02-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Does anyone know the story behind this ride? :confused3 I have not been to US/IOA in a few years so I just jumped on these boards to see what is new... we are bring our youngest daughter princess: there for a long weekend as a jr high graduation present.:cool1: ... WOW! New stuff, love it, but what is the story behind this roller coaster? can't wait! :dance3: I don't know that there is a story behind it. If there is one, I haven't heard anything. :confused:

tlinus
02-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Awesome shots!!

Laurabearz
02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Is it wrong to drool over twisted metal?

:jumping2:

phamton
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM

Absolutely not! I'm drooling too.

coastermom
02-16-2009, 09:19 PM

Nope not at all

I love the closeness of the track to the ground that is a great feeling on a coaster . Can't wait to ride it in 2010 ... I will miss it this year but hit it in 2010 after potter opens :cool1: :thumbsup2

macraven
02-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Awesome! Keep em coming! Can you imagine walking around and suddenly a coaster comes zooming by! I can't wait!

i'm not as concerned about a coaster zooming by me when i am walking in universal.
what i am concerned about is someone spitting while they are on the ride and it falls on me.........:laughing:

great..... now i have to think about drool hitting me in the face as i walk in the park.....

drool...........spit........it's all about the same thing.:scared:

Absolutely not! I'm drooling too.

oh dear me.
now i am going to have to walk looking up at the coaster ride and dodge the spit and drool..............:eek:

Laurabearz
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
i'm not as concerned about a coaster zooming by me when i am walking in universal.
what i am concerned about is someone spitting while they are on the ride and it falls on me.........:laughing:

great..... now i have to think about drool hitting me in the face as i walk in the park.....

drool...........spit........it's all about the same thing.:scared:

oh dear me.
now i am going to have to walk looking up at the coaster ride and dodge the spit and drool..............:eek:

Don't forget the screaming gum chewers.... :rolleyes1

Debs Hill
02-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Looks amazing! When is it due to open?
Debsx:goodvibes

Metro West
02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Looks amazing! When is it due to open?
Debsx:goodvibesStill haven't heard yet...nothing official anyway. I'm thinking sometime before the end of May...that's just a guess though.

rpbert1
02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Opening due in May

Laurabearz
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I wonder who will be the first DISer to get to ride it!! :yay:

the Dark Marauder
02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I will be one of the first, so help me Imhotep! :cool2:

Metro West
02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
I wonder who will be the first DISer to get to ride it!! :yay: I don't know but I plan on taking the day off whenever the grand opening is...I'm not going to miss this one! ;)

donaldduck352
02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know but I plan on taking the day off whenever the grand opening is...I'm not going to miss this one! ;)

Hoping they have a AP day for it..I guaruntee DW will be standing in that line after she called in sick!!:thumbsup2

Metro West
02-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Hoping they have a AP day for it..I guaruntee DW will be standing in that line after she called in sick!!:thumbsup2 I hope Universal is smart and does the same kind of thing for passholders they did in 2004 when RoTM opened. They had the passholder preview after the park closed and only passholders were allowed in the park to ride it.

Niki Andiokno
02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I am really looking forward to riding this in September. I hope the park is open at night. It looks like it will be cool to ride in the dark.

ksdave
02-17-2009, 08:38 PM
I hope Universal is smart and does the same kind of thing for passholders they did in 2004 when RoTM opened. They had the passholder preview after the park closed and only passholders were allowed in the park to ride it.

I was there for the ROTM Passholder Preview. We had scheduled our trip the previous December and lucked out big time when they scheduled the Preview for our first weekend there! That was the trip that my kids didn't know about until we had picked them up from school and were driving to the airport. They asked "where are we going?" and we handed them their PAP's on lanyards and said "want to go to UO for a week?" :worship: THAT was fun.

jmercer25
02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I won one of the Universal Heroes tickets and plan on going when HR3 opens. It's looking great. UO has done a great job with it.

AlexandNessa
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Did you all see that RRR has its own website now?

http://www.hollywoodrockit.com

Not too much on it yet, but there is a construction blog that I hope will be updated regularly.

HayGan
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for all the great pics! I just received an email about the website and now my boys are so excited about it!

Anyone know what the height restriction will be?

Niki Andiokno
02-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I am sooo excited about this ride. I can't wait until September.

Metro West
02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the great pics! I just received an email about the website and now my boys are so excited about it!

Anyone know what the height restriction will be?Not sure but since there are no inversions, I would think the restrictions will be the same on the HR3 as RoTM...which is 48 inches. That's strictly a guess though.

Laurabearz
02-21-2009, 01:12 PM

Anyone know what the height restriction will be?

I read 51 inches somewhere official, but I can't remember where, I will see if I can find the link

Woot found it, it was right on the Universal site

http://www.universalorlando.com/theme-parks/universal-studios-orlando/attractions/hollywood-rip-ride-rockit.html

HayGan
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Not sure but since there are no inversions, I would think the restrictions will be the same on the HR3 as RoTM...which is 48 inches. That's strictly a guess though.

I read 51 inches somewhere official, but I can't remember where, I will see if I can find the link

Woot found it, it was right on the Universal site

http://www.universalorlando.com/theme-parks/universal-studios-orlando/attractions/hollywood-rip-ride-rockit.html

Thanks! My boys will both be so excited because they will be able to ride it (51" and 53") :banana:

Krustycarnie
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
As of right now the height requirement is 51" (recommended by manufacturer). That is subject to change at Universal's discretion.

Also from what I have recently heard Rockit will have a load system similar to an omnimover (continually moving with moving belt on the side of track)

RockNRollerGator
02-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Also from what I have recently heard Rockit will have a load system similar to an omnimover (continually moving with moving belt on the side of track)
How exactly would that work with TMs need to make sure everyone is buckled in probably?

Timmy Boy
02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Well the coaster will only be utilizing a lapbar, and so it'll be a quick check, but once the train is checked, the loaders will signal the train somehow to send it onto the lifthill. If the train does not get that signal from the loader, it will stop before entering the lifthill.

Niki Andiokno
02-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I thought this had inversions. Am I wrong?

Metro West
02-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I thought this had inversions. Am I wrong?No inversions...so there are no shoulder harnesses.

HayGan
02-22-2009, 07:26 AM
No inversions...so there are no shoulder harnesses.

What kind of loop are they referencing on the website with this description?

Features six near-miss moments and first-ever thrills including a record-breaking loop

No matter what it is, we are all so excited to get to ride it!

damo
02-22-2009, 07:30 AM
What kind of loop are they referencing on the website with this description?

Features six near-miss moments and first-ever thrills including a record-breaking loop

No matter what it is, we are all so excited to get to ride it!

You will begin on the inside of the loop, change to the outside and then go back on the inside, thus avoiding actually going upside down.

NashvilleTrio
02-22-2009, 07:31 AM
The record breaking loop is non-inverting. As you climb the loop the track twists so you ride the outside of the loop at the apex, then as you decend the other side of the loop you twist again so you've never been upside down entering or exiting the loop.

HayGan
02-22-2009, 07:39 AM
You will begin on the inside of the loop, change to the outside and then go back on the inside, thus avoiding actually going upside down.

The record breaking loop is non-inverting. As you climb the loop the track twists so you ride the outside of the loop at the apex, then as you decend the other side of the loop you twist again so you've never been upside down entering or exiting the loop.

Cool - thanks!

Metro West
02-22-2009, 07:55 AM
The record breaking loop is non-inverting. As you climb the loop the track twists so you ride the outside of the loop at the apex, then as you decend the other side of the loop you twist again so you've never been upside down entering or exiting the loop. :thumbsup2

Laurabearz
02-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Here is the youtube video of the ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LbzloZiCo

If you look closely you can see how the car moves from the inside to the outside back to the inside of the loop :thumbsup2

DeblovesPoohbear
02-22-2009, 02:36 PM

If you look closely you can see how the car moves from the inside to the outside back to the inside of the loop :thumbsup2

That is gonna be so cool! :banana:

Metro West
02-22-2009, 02:36 PM
That is gonna be so cool! :banana: ::yes::

Rags
02-22-2009, 04:59 PM
That it will be open Memorial Day weekend!:wizard: If it isn't we might have to swing down Labor day weekend! :thumbsup2

ParkSleuth
02-24-2009, 08:13 PM
a few pics from today...

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4426.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4459.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4450.jpg

avic77
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4459.jpg

It looks like 2 of the Blueman Group are watching at intently as we are :rotfl2:

Laurabearz
02-25-2009, 09:18 AM
a few pics from today...

Wow... look at those guys way at the top there :scared1: That's a lot of stairs to climb :rotfl:

Mad Hattered
02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Finally the lift hill has begun!!! WOOHOO!!!:thumbsup2

donaldduck352
02-25-2009, 05:03 PM
a few pics from today...

Your gonna be able to see this from I-4 and I-Drive!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/wow/1.gif

RockNRollerGator
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Your gonna be able to see this from I-4 and I-Drive!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/wow/1.gif

Forget I-Drive, you can see it from the turnpike. :scared1:

damo
02-26-2009, 07:50 AM
I was surprised when I actually got there that it wasn't as "in your face" as it seems on pictures. I'm not saying it isn't noticeable because it sure is, but it works.

disneyfan67
02-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I have been watching the progress of this ride for quite awhile. I look forward to seeing how much is done to it when I'm on my vacation in early May. I'll be staying on property for a whole week and I hope to see it at least running in the test stages, training, etc.

zuly
02-27-2009, 02:08 PM
:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :banana:
Can't wait ...Im going in July to orlando 1 week on a villa to do US/IOA/BG/SW
before heading to WDW .Im a thrill freak...can't wait!!!!!!!!!:upsidedow

Metro West
02-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Be careful! That first step is a lulu! :rotfl:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/VaNative/Universal%20Studios/DSC02072.jpg

damo
03-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Did they get all the pictures up on the side of the Jimmy Neutron building yet? The last picture that I saw only had two up. It looked nice even then.

Metro West
03-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Did they get all the pictures up on the side of the Jimmy Neutron building yet? The last picture that I saw only had two up. It looked nice even then. I didn't think to look. It was so crowded last night that I walked right on by.

JarethDrakul
03-01-2009, 08:15 AM
I really want to go back to Universal just to ride this it looks amazing so far...it seems to have been built so fast so far.

ParkSleuth
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4652.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4650.jpg

Metro West
03-08-2009, 06:32 AM
And the loop is taking shape! :banana:

Laurabearz
03-08-2009, 09:59 AM
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4650.jpg

mommy!! :scared1: :woohoo: :dance3: :eek: :worship: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

macraven
03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Woo Hoo.............so exciting!!

KatyTheFairyPrincess
03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Haha a part of me was still hoping it would be ready for my trip in a month, I think those photo's have given me a slight reality check haha

Metro West
03-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Haha a part of me was still hoping it would be ready for my trip in a month, I think those photo's have given me a slight reality check haha :rotfl:

blackjackmark
03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Haha a part of me was still hoping it would be ready for my trip in a month, I think those photo's have given me a slight reality check haha

I'm there in a week...how do you like MY chances? :lmao:

damo
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm there in a week...how do you like MY chances? :lmao:

If you're lucky the whole loop will be up. However you may have to climb the lift yourself and slide down the rails.

Metro West
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
If you're lucky the whole loop will be up. However you may have to climb the lift yourself and slide down the rails.Yeah...that's what I'm thinking too and that first hill is gonna be a pain!

Laurabearz
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Bart Simpson would only need a skateboard

Cowabunga dude

BuckeyeGuy28
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I've been watching everything take shape, and I'm confused about 1.) why are there so many trim brakes? and 2.) will the first drop be vertical like the lift hill because it looks like from the supports that the track won't drop off straight down--also, is there supposed to be some kind of tower to disguise the lift hill supports like in the poster? I guess theses questions will be answered eventually. By the way, late spring isn't June, so I'm thinking around late April or early May this thing will be rollin:rotfl:

damo
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I've been watching everything take shape, and I'm confused about 1.) why are there so many trim brakes? and 2.) will the first drop be vertical like the lift hill because it looks like from the supports that the track won't drop off straight down--also, is there supposed to be some kind of tower to disguise the lift hill supports like in the poster? I guess theses questions will be answered eventually. By the way, late spring isn't June, so I'm thinking around late April or early May this thing will be rollin:rotfl:

Late spring, unfortunately, is late June.

http://solar-system-astronomy.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_first_day_of_summer

jopaly
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM

I'm there from the end of May until Mid-June.....please be open by then.....:scared1:

damo
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Loop is now done.

http://orlandorocks.com/1a/usf/rides/rockit/construction/1/Rockit-Construction.aspx

Metro West
03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Loop is now done.

http://orlandorocks.com/1a/usf/rides/rockit/construction/1/Rockit-Construction.aspx I'll get some pictures this weekend.

ParkSleuth
03-11-2009, 04:54 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4727.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4737.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4743.jpg

damo
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Very, very cool.

Laurabearz
03-11-2009, 05:43 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/100_4727.jpg

Very very nice. I can't wait to ride it.

ky07
03-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Ok its offical now I'm scared.
that thing is going to be a monster :scared:

donaldduck352
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM

::yes:: And thats just the loop:scared:

Wate till they put up the lift hill and drop!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll be sitting at Finnegans till DW gets done...:lmao:

RAPstar
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Holy mother!! That looks awesome! I never realized the lift his is taller than Dr. Doom!!

Laurabearz
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Holy mother!! That looks awesome! I never realized the lift his is taller than Dr. Doom!!

That is the perspective of the photo... although i dont know the height of either...

lol

damo
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
That is the perspective of the photo... although i dont know the height of either...

lol

Dr. Doom -- Total height 190' with a drop of 150' (from coasternet)
Rockit -- I've read the lift hill is 167' according to RCDB

brocklesnar69
03-11-2009, 10:14 PM
What is supposed to make this ride "The most advanced coaster..." ? I read on here this thing is supossed to be uber advanced?

I wonder if it'll have any ROLLBACKS?! :eek:

RAPstar
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM

So somewhat taller? if only in drop heights

What is supposed to make this ride "The most advanced coaster..." ? I read on here this thing is supossed to be uber advanced?

I wonder if it'll have any ROLLBACKS?! :eek:

The cars are somewhat more advanced in term of the LED lights that will be on them, the audio system and the video recording system. It has the world's first non-inverting loop. One of the world's tallest coasters. Plus it looks really cool! :thumbsup2

thelittlemermaid1983
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
You get to pick the music you ride to, from choices of rock, pop, metal, hip hop or country. Also your filmed going round the ride as well. Listening to country music while on the ride sounds like fun! :goodvibes

the Dark Marauder
03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Doom's Towers reach 199'. That's including the decor on the top.

BuckeyeGuy28
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that Universal CEOs dont base their theme park seasons on the position of the Earth relative to the Sun in the solar system, I think they say "school gets out in late May, early June, that's summer, spring is in and around Spring Break for colleges and high schools." I'm guessing that to all the lucky people coming down here for vacation in May are going to be happy to see the ride running, no matter what the scientific position of the Earth is to the sun.

damo
03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that Universal CEOs dont base their theme park seasons on the position of the Earth relative to the Sun in the solar system, I think they say "school gets out in late May, early June, that's summer, spring is in and around Spring Break for colleges and high schools." I'm guessing that to all the lucky people coming down here for vacation in May are going to be happy to see the ride running, no matter what the scientific position of the Earth is to the sun.

I think that when the PTB say Spring Opening, they know that it is a very broad term that can be anywhere from March to June and that as long as they open it before the "official" end of spring, no one can really complain. I can see the ride opening the end of May but not very likely before that. There is still so much left to do.

Kath2003
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Any ideas of opening dates yet?

Metro West
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Any ideas of opening dates yet? None.

melly
03-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Any ideas of opening dates yet?

sometime in 09 I think

Kath2003
03-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Universal's website says Spring 09; I'm there the first two weeks of April but feeling that's perhaps too optimistic! :rotfl:

damo
03-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Part of the big drop is up.

http://orlandorocks.com/1a/usf/rides/rockit/construction/1/Rockit-Construction.aspx

Laurabearz
03-15-2009, 08:29 AM
woot!! it's looking marvelous!!

tink,too
03-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Universal's website says Spring 09; I'm there the first two weeks of April but feeling that's perhaps too optimistic! :rotfl:

Us, too - well a girl can dream! :cloud9: :rotfl2:

It sure is looking good. If it's not operational before we come home, at least we'll get some cool photos of the almost ready coaster to post here. :laughing:

johnnow
03-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Just talked to my sister. She got an email from Universal and she seems to think that it may at least be a soft opening during early April. I really hope she's right about this one.:goodvibes

Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

damo
03-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Just talked to my sister. She got an email from Universal and she seems to think that it may at least be a soft opening during early April. I really hope she's right about this one.:goodvibes

Could she share the email?

The fact that Rip Ride Rockit is not on the attractions list for Grad Bash (last night is May 2) or Gradventure (May 8) means that Universal is not expecting it to be open by then.

http://www.universalorlando.com/gradventure/attractions.html

tink,too
03-15-2009, 05:04 PM

OK - I've crossed everything! :upsidedow Now here's hoping that we can at least be amoung the guinea pigs they test the ride out on! :laughing:

DOOM1001
03-15-2009, 05:25 PM

More like June to July,at least.The track and station aren't even complete yet and even if they were you still need a couple of weeks for testing

RAPstar
03-15-2009, 07:54 PM
More like June to July,at least.The track and station aren't even complete yet and even if they were you still need a couple of weeks for testing

And they also have to install sensors on the track and all that technical jargon.

t-and-a
03-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Well, I'm optimistic if they have it on the listing for GradBash that it will be open for GradBash.

damo
03-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, I'm optimistic if they have it on the listing for GradBash that it will be open for GradBash.

It isn't on the listing for GradBash.

http://www.universalorlando.com/gradbash/attractions.html

t-and-a
03-16-2009, 03:04 PM
It isn't on the listing for GradBash.

http://www.universalorlando.com/gradbash/attractions.html

Ok, sorry, I misread what you posted.
I'm still hopeful for June 4! :)

damo
03-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Ok, sorry, I misread what you posted.
I'm still hopeful for June 4! :)

I'm hopeful for around then as well. We'll go down for a few days if it has opened.

Rags
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Hoping for Memorial Day weekend.... If not might have to go to Sea World and ride Manta!!!!!:thumbsup2

Golden_Eagle426
03-18-2009, 12:17 PM
This looks awesome!... Can't wait to right it

Rags
03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Any new news or pictures?????

damo
03-24-2009, 07:21 AM
They are working on the station. The lift hill and drop are not complete and the crane to do this work is not onsite.

MikeyA50
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Bump

atricks
03-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Here's one from Johnny Upsidedown (http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/). It's an aerial photo from a helicopter of the whole thing, this probably gives you a good idea how long this thing is. Seeing it from the ground is amazing as it is.

http://image2.flhurricane.com/rrrhelicoptersmall.jpg
(Click for large view)
(http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new09/r3a.jpg)

wicket2005
03-26-2009, 08:05 AM
thanks for posting, that looks excellent.

LilMommyBug
03-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Wow, it looks so weird in that aerial shot. Like it's just squished in there.

aspen37
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the link.
It looks awesome.:thumbsup2

I'm going to scream my head off! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I'm going in December so there will be plenty of videos out on youtube by then.

hack2112
03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
This ride really is humongous. It's slated to have a 2:30 running time. That's about the full length of some songs.

Gaspode
03-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Wow! Can't wait for this to open.... any chance *at all* it will be open by 8th May?

Thanks!
Gaspode

Metro West
03-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Wow! Can't wait for this to open.... any chance *at all* it will be open by 8th May?

Thanks!
GaspodeIt's all a guess right now but I think the beginning of May is going to be too early. But...you never know.

Gaspode
03-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok thanks, I'll be there until 16th so I'm gonna keep all my fingers and toes crossed :goodvibes

I'll keep checking this thread in anticipation!

Tinks1984
03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Woah! That's some ride! :scared1:

Just seen the ariel view and it's looking mighty impressive. It'll be one for me to stand under and watched next May and then decide if I'm riding or not :lmao:

schumigirl
03-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Woah! That's some ride! :scared1:

Just seen the ariel view and it's looking mighty impressive. It'll be one for me to stand under and watched next May and then decide if I'm riding or not :lmao:

That will be me in August! Although DH says he`s going to blindfold me and walk me to it, just so I can`t see it, panic and chicken out :rolleyes1 Me??? Chicken out???.... well probably :confused3

I really, really want to go on this, it`s that climb at the beginning that`s bothering me. I think I will be screaming in terror all the way up!! :)

Metro West
03-28-2009, 03:39 PM
That will be me in August! Although DH says he`s going to blindfold me and walk me to it, just so I can`t see it, panic and chicken out :rolleyes1 Me??? Chicken out???.... well probably :confused3

I really, really want to go on this, it`s that climb at the beginning that`s bothering me. I think I will be screaming in terror all the way up!! :) Don't worry Carole...you'll survive. :teeth:

Tinks1984
03-28-2009, 04:46 PM

I really, really want to go on this, it`s that climb at the beginning that`s bothering me. I think I will be screaming in terror all the way up!! :)

Haha, that'll be me too!

I'm hopeful that I'll get on there though, even if I will be totally petrified! I can't chicken out, they'll all laugh at me!! :lmao:

schumigirl
03-30-2009, 01:34 AM
Don't worry Carole...you'll survive. :teeth:

You`re right :thumbsup2 That`s what Tom keeps saying!!! I`m fine once I`ve gone on everything for the first time, but my hands are starting to sweat just thinking about it now:sad2:
Hate heights, hate slow climbs, but boy do I really want to go on it :banana:

Tizzy_Meliss
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Glad I'm not the only one petrified to ride this, I have to ride it, it looks to awesome to miss, but I think I may have a panic attack in line. :rotfl:

cannonballer
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Considering the inversion is not really an inversion, the launch will be slowed considerably at the top this thing looks fun BUT not intense. I wouldnt worry too much about this one. Though it will be fun itll be nothin like hulk or DD!

With that said I cant wait to ride it.

I think of this about like I did a few years ago when Dollywood got Timber Tower. Everyone was ecited and it looked like it would be NUTS! STILL LOOKS INTENSE TODAY but it simply is not intense, though a fun ride. I think RRR will be kinda like that in the sense it will look very intense but not be really though it will be fun.

tippANDbb
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
We can't wait til this is finished we're ready to ride!:woohoo: