PDA

View Full Version : Membership Cards

Mom of Two Princesses
02-01-2001, 10:40 AM
Am I the only person who closed on Oct 4th that still hasn't received their membership cards? I just got off the phone with MS who told me they are still behind from that closing date. I mentioned that I had read on the Internet of people who had closed after me that had received their cards so I didn't understand why I didn't have mine. I regret that I got a little testy with the rep, but this has been four months and at least three phone calls and it's getting old.

DVCDAVE
02-01-2001, 11:28 AM
No, you are not alone. We are with you. We too closed October 4th, and our temp. cards expired on Dec. 31st. I emailed MS two weeks ago, and they said they would send out new cards. My issue is that we will be at BWV March 15th, and my wife and I want the cards with us when we go. Seems to me that there are a number of us Oct. 4th people out there, all in the same perdicament. To date, NO new cards either.

http://www.weddingcove.com/images/bwv_logo_trans.gif

WDW:
76,77,78,87,FW
92,Offsite
95 POL
96(2), GF,Offsite
97,GF
98,99,00,FW
8/00 DVC member
3/2001 BWV
11/2001 BWV

Tiggeriffic
02-01-2001, 12:06 PM
I'm in exactly the same state. Closed in October,
but no new cards.

mouseclick1
02-01-2001, 12:59 PM
I also closed October 4 and have nothing. I have spoken with MS twice, but it obviously has not helped. My last call was 2 weeks ago, and I informed them during that call that we would be leaving for The World on Feb 15. I was told that if we did not have our cards by our trip, we could head over to the DVC office and pick up temporary cards for our stay. Not a huge problem, but certainly somewhat of an inconvenience. I can understand if they are backed up, but I don't understand why those who have closed in November have their cards and we do not.

Doctor P
02-01-2001, 01:55 PM
Good news and bad news. We closed on October 4th and got our new permanent cards this week (in fact, I got an extra one of the cards with my name on it in a separate mailing). Bad news was that we did not get the nice open topped DVC bag we were so looking forward to. Just an envelope with a cardboard promo with the new plastic card attached to it.

Oh well...at least somebody from 10/4 can at least say that they got their cards.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/images/official_logos/keywest.gif

PoohBear88
02-02-2001, 11:13 AM
...we received our permanent cards this past week, but no tote bag. We closed on 10/4 like everyone else here, but we don't think MS would've sent our cards if we didn't call them in early January.

Mom of Two Princesses
02-02-2001, 11:34 AM
from DVC when I got home. The lady said they were having some systems issues but I would be receiving my welcome kit in 7 - 10 days. I don't know what that includes but at least I got a response. We'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks. It is nice to see I'm not alone though.

KKlecknerWray
02-03-2001, 04:55 PM
My husband and I closed on October 4th too, and we have yet to get our cards.... I'm hopeful that they will be arriving soon. All I have to say is, I better get my tote bag!!!!

Hell hath no fury like a BWV DVC member scorned!!!

Kara

[This message was edited by KaraKW on 04-19-01 at 11:55 PM.]

GB
02-03-2001, 09:12 PM
Don't worry about not having your cards if you leave for disney and don't have them. I just got back from disney and couldnt find them before leaving. I was staying at the boardwalk and just went in and gave them my old expired temp card and asked for a new temp card. It was no problem at all. They made me a new one right away.

You really don't need it though cause when you check in on your room card key it says "DVC Member". That was all I ever showed to get the discounts. I called member services and asked them to send me a new plastic card and they said they would but it would take a while cause they only send them out once a month.

BobH
02-04-2001, 05:32 AM
I got 3 sets of cards for my adult children. They obviously have a problem with cards. You folks should also be getting a license plate. It is only plastic but for all the money you spend you should get all the incidentals. Good Luck.

Try emailing member services. This is how I finally got my cards. Maybe it has something to do with putting the request in writing.