PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!

katieam1
01-04-2009, 10:57 AM
My parents have the Universal credit card that they earn points with. They have points they have to use up. They want to use the points for their trip they are planning the end of the year. Any one know about the credit card and how the points work? They asked me and I am trying to find info but not sure where to go. Can you use the points for your vacation? Is it like the Disney rewards program? Any help would be nice!! Thank you!! :)

macraven
01-04-2009, 11:03 AM
which universal cc do they have?

the one that is the park sponsor is the american express card now.
that started in the middle of 2008.

i have the original universal mc cc.
those points were transfered to a chase cc.

if that is the one they have, they need to go to the chase website.
no universal tickets, hotels etc are valid on that point program.

if they have the official American Express universal card, there are 2 different programs so be sure which one it is first, go to that website for information.

i was 5000 points away from a free weekend stay at the onsite hotels when the program switched. RATS.............

katieam1
01-04-2009, 11:07 AM
which universal cc do they have?

the one that is the park sponsor is the american express card now.
that started in the middle of 2008.

i have the original universal mc cc.
those points were transfered to a chase cc.

if that is the one they have, they need to go to the chase website.
no universal tickets, hotels etc are valid on that point program.

if they have the official American Express universal card, there are 2 different programs so be sure which one it is first, go to that website for information.

i was 5000 points away from a free weekend stay at the onsite hotels when the program switched. RATS.............

I will have to ask them. I know which ever one they had they got switched this past summer to a new company? I know my dad has like 10,000 points so they really want to figure out how to use them. I will ask and then come back! Thank you!! :)

macraven
01-04-2009, 02:14 PM
they one it was switched to was the Chase master card.
if your parents did not do a new application, then they have what i have i assume.

if you wanted to stay with the program and have the official universal cc, you had to make an application for the American Express card.
then, those points carried over to that new program.

i had over 60,000 points on that program.
i was switched automatically to the universal master card of chase.

this is not the one with the program for the universal trips, tickets, etc.

since my points are expiring monthly, i have had to cash some in.

i have been doing the $100 check for my points.
i'll use that for my next trip then.