PDA

View Full Version : golf???

ebro
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
i'm not new, but have wondered why are there no threads for golfers? Last year was the first that I got to play (Oak Trail), planning on playing there again only this time with DS-13 neophyte golfer. I would really like to hear about others experiences at the different courses and talk about favorite holes or whatever. Or are the golfers just there to appease their wives and could careless? I love the WHOLE Disney experience:goodvibes . To me the golf courses are just the whip cream and cherry to the most awesome place in the world!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to an answer. Thanks.

ebro
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I've also wondered why there wasnt a place for people to talk about the side attractions that happen such as Mickey's backyard bbq or hoop-de-do as well as golf. I thought this was an information site, by the people for the people? I guess these people just visit the parks go back to their resorts and swim, because I havent seen many posts talking about anything else other than the parks and the occasional mention of the water parks and miniature golf. You know Ebro, I dont know why nobody has answered your post its been up for several weeks now, others have read it but nobody has made any attempt to respond maybe its not something they dont care for because the mouse isnt involved or just a side attraction they cant afford with the economy the way it is. But I see that you are playing Oak Trail that could be compared to one of the value resorts only for golf right? Did you know that if you play at a certain time the rates are reduced.

lovetoscrap
01-09-2009, 10:45 PM
We have Disney Restaurants board where Hoop De Doo and the Backyard BBQ would be discussed. Your golf thread would probably be best posted on the Theme Parks board, or the Adults and Solos Board.

This is the Welcome Board-- we don't get a lot of in depth discussions. More of just a Hi and Introductions before people go out to the other forums.

The reason you may not see threads about golf is because no one has started one. If you go start one in an appropriate forum you may get tons of responses. You could also put a link to it in your signature so that as you post other places you may attract other golfers to your thread.

Good luck.:thumbsup2

ebro
01-10-2009, 09:26 AM
thank you, I didnt want to come off as a crybaby but this post has been up for several weeks and all I wanted was an answer. I know this is for newbies but I thought that a moderator would have seen this and pointed me in the right direction. Off I go to, thanks again:thumbsup2

AlienBrain
01-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I am an avid golfer as well, so if you find any nice golf threads, I would like to know. I would also like to suggest to the moderators that a golf board be added because I know that many people, just like me, enjoy golf. I used to spend a lot of time on the photography board, which is set up for people who love the art of photography; so could you please consider a golf board for people who love golf and WDW? It would be a nice place for people to chat about the wonderful golf courses at WDW and golf in general, much like the photography board has threads on photography in general (aperture, shutter speed, photo editing programs) and photography related to WDW.

Thanks!!!! ;)

lovetoscrap
01-10-2009, 10:39 AM
As I suggested before, the best thing to do is to set up a thread-- I am thinking the Theme Parks Community Board may be the best place for it-- and then put a link to it in your signatures. Something like "Enjoy Golf and WDW, join us here: link" New forums are very rarely added, especially if it is a topic we can fit in on the existing boards.

Moderators are volunteers so we often don't catch threads that need to be moved or responded to. You can always PM a moderator if need some help. But Bumping the thread was also fine. I am sorry I didn't see it before.

MainStMandy
01-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I would be interested in a thread too! Dbf is going for the first time in June and will be golfing while we are there.

BenA81
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
if i go golfing it would be by myself, so is it pretty easy to hook up with another group at the courses?