PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in at southwest question

SheilaHeartsDisney
01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Ok so this is the first time I have ever checked-in online and recieved a boarding pass. Now i got on at exactly 24 hours and it says A34. Now i don't know about you but if that means row 34 that doesn't sound like agood deal. Has anyone flown southwest and knows what those numbers mean?? Also since this is my first time checking in online do i still have to go to the counter to check my bags or is there somehwere else I can go to do that??? And if i wish can i still go to the counter for southwest??? Thanks for your help.

SheilaHeartsDisney
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I just read it again and it doesn't say row 34 it says position 34. What does that mean???

SheilaHeartsDisney
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I just read it again and it doesn't say row 34 it says position 34. What does that mean???

Tina
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Southwest does not have assigned seating. Instead passengers line up in numerical order in 3 groups (A, B, C). You have a great position. You are in the first boarding group (A) and you are 34th in line to board. Once on board, you may choose any seat you wish.

Yes, you may still approach the check-in counter, if you wish.

I haven't flown SW recently, so I'm not sure if they have luggage-check lanes or not. I often fly United, which has 2 kinds of counter-service -- check in and baggage check only. United also uses self-serv kiosks in some airports to check bags. I'm not sure if Southwest has that or not.

Dokietoes
01-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Southwest boards in three groups, A 1-60, B 1-60, and C 1-whatever. A 1-15 are resevered for business select passengers, and there are not usually too many of them, so you would lne up on the A 31-60 side and be roughly 20th or so to board.

SheilaHeartsDisney
01-03-2009, 09:11 AM
ohhh cool thanks for your help. Turned out to be better than i thought.

Disneyhappy
01-03-2009, 09:11 AM
A34 is a very good position. I believe anything in A is good. YOu should find a great seat, maybe even an exit row seat. Good Luck!

DisneyWalker44
01-03-2009, 12:31 PM
At most airports, there will be two lines for SW - a full-service line and a self-service line. Since you've already check-in, you need to to the self-service line to check in. There will be a number of kiosks. You walk up, put in your reservation number, and it will call up your reservation. You will push buttons saying how many bags you are checking. Once you are done with the kiosk, wait for the SW agent to call you over and tag, check your ID and tag your bag.

pamjb
01-03-2009, 09:27 PM
There is also curbside check in for SW at PHL. Sometimes the line here is much shorter than inside the terminal.